Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 448688 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5520 on: May 30, 2023, 12:25:59 PM »

Thanks Baz for another licious fruit, cake!   Lol!  Hummers out back and finches in front!   My surprise for the day is that my pt person has not called and hh worker is not here!    Just finishing glass#4 and will have #5 later!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5521 on: May 30, 2023, 01:45:15 PM »

((Karen)), gosh, that's not right... have you called to ask about both of the no-shows? You know how the squeaky wheel gets the oil.  ;)  I hope you have a nice birthday day no matter! Birthday hugs to you!!  :D

;) ;D  Those who suffer from the occasional ear worm can relate to this:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5522 on: May 30, 2023, 01:53:07 PM »

Meanwhile... in real life... My Mtns Sis, who lives on the top of a mountain in northeast Tennessee, sent me the two pics attached below. Her across-the-street neighbor captured them Sunday night on their wildlife cam in the yard... a furry neighborhood black bear mother and her cub, making their nightly rounds.   ;) :) :-* :-* :-*

Click pics to enlarge.  You can just barely (no pun intended, wink) make out the cub, with eyes glowing, in the 2nd pic, as his mother turns to walk away from the cam.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 01:55:57 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5523 on: May 30, 2023, 02:27:56 PM »

bounce
On the way to one of the resort possibles I spied an eagle's nest atop a tall evergreen.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #5524 on: May 30, 2023, 02:33:09 PM »

E4E - I did not realize I had not driven so much lately.  Sept 2022 was the last time I got my oil changed and tires rotated, and I do that every 5,000 miles.

Karen - Happy Birthday...for real!   ;D

Hope the HH and PT person call, and let you know what is going on. 

clynn - When I came back from dealership, Jeff had a rum & coke in his hand.  I think they wore him out.   ;D  That watermelon cake for karen looks so refreshing.

kb - That is amazing! 

tig - Hope you feel better!

baz - Sorry to hear your boyfriend is not going to be in the French Open this year  :'(

karengramke

« Reply #5525 on: May 30, 2023, 06:01:11 PM »

Hh took  her mother to the doctor but she got here in time for my shower and appointment!
Pt coming wed and Fri.  All is good!
East Tn mountains are very pretty!  Fun wildlife !
More good cakes!   Beautiful, Lisa!

kbshcb

« Reply #5526 on: May 30, 2023, 06:04:33 PM »

https://youtu.be/MFB62SzFVE0?t=1

Aww..kissy kissy....baby born at Smithsonian Zoo...a Western Lowland gorilla....a critically endangered species.

More here:
https://nationalzoo.si.edu/news/western-lowland-gorilla-born-smithsonians-national-zoo-and-conservation-biology-institute-1

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5527 on: May 30, 2023, 06:28:25 PM »

Our Birthday Girl  KAREN
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5528 on: May 30, 2023, 06:39:27 PM »

CLynn luv the Gerbers; awwww sweet hummer and yep! the nectar needs a baffle. Boulder County Fairgrounds Osprey Cam-mombrella  ;)

{{{Tig}}} Yikes! mosquitos.  It's always the female that does the 'biting'; so nice of your neighbor to share his catch.  Looking forward to Camper's snaps

Tsk  Jim says 'thanks' ; cute rarebits.; your weather 'bout like ours with the 'air quality alert' the Cumberland Basin holds in all the pollution and pollen

Lisa nice breakfast;  Looking forward to kitty snaps

Tsk thanks for photo of our birthday 'girl.   Karen looks good  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 06:41:15 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5529 on: May 30, 2023, 06:40:36 PM »

CLYNN   Sure do love KAREN's "fruit cake"  ;D

TIG   My preferences altho I'd eat anything...perch, whitefish, salmon, walleye.  Tim - = Walleye, bass  and lobster  LOL altho he too is a good fish eater.   My bet - allergies.  did you catch anything today?  Lake quieter.  Did you shop around for different places to stay?  I see you did when you saw the eagles nest - good spotting

BAZI   Nadal will certainly go down in the record books.  The Michael Jorden of tennis  ;) ;)   Ear worm funny  ;D  Now that is a great backyard cam of Sis's  :) :o

KAREN  Oh No  Did you call the agency for the HH aide whereabouts?  I see that all got resolved.

KB   Awww  what a sweet newborn and mama
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #5530 on: May 30, 2023, 06:43:31 PM »

Hi E4E

CLynn screened in deck and new storage shed---you know the place.  :)  Very nice fruit plate for Karen, sans watermelon though.

KB enjoyed the 'amazing'  drone  sheep dogs footage; darling photo of Western Lowland gorilla nursing it's mama. Tks for link will be interesting.

Karen  glad to hear Mama Finch is still on the nest.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 06:53:01 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #5531 on: May 30, 2023, 06:51:11 PM »

Karen I found this for you, today. On your real birthday.

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #5532 on: May 30, 2023, 07:07:19 PM »

Tsk - Thanks for posting the birthday girls pic…I love seeing who our Beakers are!

Phyl and Karen - Jeff took some pics of the kitties today and posted on Facebook.  Will try to remember to post a few here tomorrow. 

Kb -  Aww sweet baby gorilla!

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

« Reply #5533 on: May 30, 2023, 07:13:32 PM »

Okay. Thanks Lisa

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #5534 on: May 30, 2023, 07:42:27 PM »

Phyl, thanks for the locely cake and all the chocolate dripping down!  Btw, I am a fan of watermelon and walleye!, grouper, salmon mm
, lemon fish, shrimp, lobster, crab, and scallops! Most things that seim in the ocean!  Must be part eagle. No road kill!  Going to check face book and get a kitty fix!