Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1058683 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3630 on: April 10, 2023, 11:19:48 AM »

Royal Albatross - Easter Day 4/9
All ruffled up, with breakfast to serve.
Dad GLY arrived to feed chick. It was an extended visit, with Dad disappearing up top before reappearing to sit and listen to chick's chatter.
GLY gave chick a small top up before heading off into the winds.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1645034107045548033

4/10 12:14
Wings and wingercizes, and how about a skycall too.
#RoyalCam chick shows us how it's done.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1645387624033693696

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3631 on: April 10, 2023, 11:29:02 AM »

NEW: Sloth TV Playground Camera!

Stay tuned for our new camera, where you can see some of the animals from our rescue center as they go through their rehabilitation journey. You can even catch the various wild birds that visit our ranch constantly!

Catch Viscerion, the crocodile, as he takes the sun in his pool daily. Also, be on the look for Randy and Rihanna while they exercise and recover during their rehabilitation process.

Ziggy, a 3F Sloth: He doing fine, sometimes trying to escape, ready to go to the Release Site.

NEW ARRIVALS:

Lilo 3f: She is a baby around 1 or 2 months old. She was found in Guapiles, her mom was attacked by dogs and sadly passed away. Lilo has a dislocated knee. The vet team is waiting for x-rays, and there is an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon.

Ollie 2f: He is 2 or 3 weeks old. He was found on top of his deceased mom, we don’t the reason of the mom passing away. Ollie is doing well so far, and adapting to drinking milk, and he is in the incubator.

6 baby parrots, orange chinned parakeets:Came from a confiscation, during holidays the police do road blocks looking for wildlife contraband. These babies probably were going to the black market. We recieved 11 parrots. We have 6 at the headquaters and 5 at the Release Site.

Sloth Pre-School Updates:

Coco, and her friend Geo, 2F Sloths: They are doing great. Always together, always climbing.

Landon, 2F Sloth: He is doing better. We noticed he wasn't climbing too much, but since he is getting better probably will be climbing more.

Pax & Liana, 2F Sloths: They are doing really well; they are synchronized climbing.

Roo, 2F Sloth: He is doing good. He is now out of the incubator, and graduated to the basket; he loves it, and looks like he kinda doing chins ups.

Robin, 3F Sloth: Not much progress with the theraphy recently, but he is doing fine.

Jabba

Pax and Liana

Annabelle
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3632 on: April 10, 2023, 01:17:57 PM »

Good morning (still morning here) or good afternoon! :)

Beautiful day w/sun - high of 62

Kb - Wow!  So happy for your warm temps - enjoy!! 8)  Love your beautiful photo of you & your twin brother and sister! :-*

Phyl - Sounds like you & Jim had a delicious dinner yesterday! :)  Star thanks you for 'pets'!  Thank you for Sauces cam pics and Decorah goose nest!

Lani - Yes, we had a nice Easter with my Mom, sis, & one of my sons.  Like your 'nite' pic last night! ;D  Love gorgeous pic of Iris!  You will certainly be a very busy girl - and understandable that you probably will not be in the Beak as often as you normally are.  Sure sounds like a huge state convention!

Tsk - Oh no, bummer about losing your post. :(  Thank you for the cable/yard pics - it really tells the story pretty good. ;)

LisaG - So sorry for the terrible migraine you are having right now.  Hope it eases and you feel better soon.  Yes, we had a nice Easter.  My Mom, Sis, & my son came over for a nice meal (I didn't make a traditional meal tho - we bbq'd).

Star had lots of extra love & attention yesterday with the company we had!
Today hubby had to report for jury duty this morning, and he texted me that he got chosen and that the case will be 3 or 4 days.
Also, regarding jury duty - I have a summons for this Wednesday, but I need to call tomorrow (Tue. after 5:30p to see if I need to show up).

Beakers have a nice day  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #3633 on: April 10, 2023, 02:07:27 PM »

tsk - I do, it is a prescription from neurologist called Maxalt.  It is a melt in your mouth kinda pill, but it works fast if you don't let the migraine get too bad.  Mine was bad this morning, cause whenever I get blood work done, and you can't eat or drink my blood sugar drops and I get a migraine. 

Phyl - LOL, wide load for sure.

kb - I look back at pics and hairstyles Mama had on us when we were younger.  ::)

Lani - AC did give me a folder, and a detailed paper on the different stages of labor.  Every day, I say to her, are we in Stage 1 yet?  Noooooo!  ;D  Beautiful pics of Iris!  Thanks for the TRR, and Royal update.

E4E - We didn't have the traditional meal either!  We grilled chicken and sweet potatoes.  Jeff made some brussel for him, and I had some fresh okra that I boiled and poured Italian dressing over.  Sounds gross, but I love it!  :D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3634 on: April 10, 2023, 02:59:17 PM »

PHYL  Sounds like a good issue - I'll look for it at the store.

LANI   So glad to hear about the detail!!!  What a project.  :o   But it is in organized capable hands.  Hope Mike is planning a super special Mother's day for you  ;)   Love the "sky call"  ;D   WOW  in the sloth report - interesting about the police looking for confiscated parrots and finding 11  Annabelle is a beauty of a Toucan

EAGLES  Jury duty pretty close to the vacation  :o

LISA   Don't know if I have ever had fresh Okra  ???
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3635 on: April 10, 2023, 03:44:15 PM »

bounce

Did I mention? We did waffles n bacon for lunch and diced ham n chopped hard boiled eggs salad on Hawaiian buns for supper - two ways: with sweet relish for him and with capers for me. Yum. We watched church online. Lunch with relatives some other time when not so busy at restaurants.
Getting our arborist to come trim where a branch fell and where one is still partly attached. And, so far, we've heard back from 3 of 4 companies I contacted to give estimates for our sidewalk problem.
Trying to decide whether we need to pay $$$ to have a professional flush our water heater, or if we can just drain it like we have done each year.
Hugz all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #3636 on: April 10, 2023, 04:29:03 PM »

Tig - the flush you do is most likely sufficient, but the anode rod is recommended for inspection every 1-2 years, with replacement when it is at 50%.  Replacement will extend the life of the water heater and reduce pin hole issues in copper lines.

We had a good weekend - I grilled hamburgers for the card game crew on Sat.  On Sunday we did carry out from a carryout Chinese place and a BBQ place.

We got to 71 for Sunday and 75 today - low 80s the next 3 days.  Rain coming in for the weekend.

I work tomorrow and the weekend.  Got my taxes submitted today - had to pay in on the Fed. but getting back on state - so still ahead... 8)

Maru was melted by the cat tongue brush   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUxuMqyWC1o
Hana 10   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf-v5MJ4_5A

Courage and Devotion | Black-capped Chickadee Super Parents   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM-Bfc1bEms

The long story on...
When is Easter?   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awhGbKH3mGk
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3637 on: April 10, 2023, 04:54:02 PM »

TIG   Few things on your plate to figure out.  In the home we owned previously we had to have the front sidewalk "mudjacked" to level it off.

OLDGUY  Loved the Maru and Hana intro  ;D   You had a good Easter weekend.  Were you lucky at cards?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #3638 on: April 10, 2023, 05:21:26 PM »

tsk - I don't know if it is a Southern thing, but we have always ate fresh okra that way.  Fried okra is a favorite of mine, too. 

tig - Lunch and dinner sounded yummy!

oldguy - I had to do the same for my taxes.  Glad to hear you had a great weekend, and all food sounded good.

Jeff just posted this pic on Facebook, and one of his friends wanted to know, which one was the pregnant one...  ;D 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3639 on: April 10, 2023, 05:51:42 PM »

bounce

I knew you would come thru for us OldGuy. Thanx! Going to call our retired plumber guy in the a.m. to see if he is experienced in "flushing" and anode rod inspection. If he is not, we will find someone.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3640 on: April 10, 2023, 06:09:35 PM »

LISA  I would have to look up what fresh okra looks like  LOLOL and see if our grocery has it.   LOLOL  I was going to say the same thing about which cat was pregnant altho we know who is who.  Boy Misty really has a big belly - Love that picture.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 07:15:52 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3641 on: April 10, 2023, 07:30:18 PM »

Photographer Has His Canon 5D Mark II Kidnapped and Killed by a Lion
Atlanta-based photographer Ed Hetherington makes a living photographing weddings, but earlier this month he traveled to Zimbabwe for a wildlife.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3642 on: April 10, 2023, 07:31:44 PM »

Tsk I've eaten fresh okra---I was very young and sliced it before boiling ---quickly learned from my mistake and cooked it whole. Still did not like it. So breaded it---was a tad better. But still did not like it. LOL
National Geographic magazine is a tad different than digital online. I've been reading and a member of the society since I was 17 yrs old. Who was a Bendictine nun---left of heatlh. Worked in the office of the paper mill the mag was printed on---the thick glossy pages of decades past.

Lisa would be difficult to tell which was PG .  Bandit being neutered would make it more difficult  ;D
Photo is so funny

Tig chow sounds yummie; good luck w/ water heater.
I guess you're all better now?

Lani  Tks for Iris update  , hopw she finds a steady fella soon; interesting about confiscated parrots/ finding 11 ; Annabell the toucan is pretty; tks for the Royal report GLY and SP ---gosh he's growing like crazy. And looks so soft to touch--- but that beak would stop me in tracks.
I need a refresher on the conference---is it for business , politics or ???     ::)   LOL

Wishing everyone a Good Evening and Good Night. SEDs

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3643 on: April 10, 2023, 11:27:56 PM »

LisaG - You had a delicious meal yesterday too - I have not had okra though.  We had mashed potatoes & gravy and corn on the cob & green salad with our bbq.   Love the darling pic of Misty & Bandit!

Tsk - After my hubby thought he was chosen, someone announced that he was excused - so he is done for 2 years!  But yes, I am a little nervous to get this jury summons so close to our vacation.  :-\

Tig - Happy that you & Camper had a nice Easter and a yummy meal  :)

OG - Glad you had a great weekend - you & your other half deserve all that is good! :)  Enjoy those nice weather temps! ;D  It always is a good feeling to get taxes done & submitted - our situation was similar to yours!

Phyl - Wow, amazing pic of lion with camera in it's mouth!

Lani - Have a good night after this busy day!

Hi Puff, Kb, Baz, Lori  :)

Everyone have a good night  :)

Lani

« Reply #3644 on: April 11, 2023, 12:28:39 AM »

Eagles, what a coincidence that you and Kris would have jury duty during the same period. I almost hate to say something about jury duty, I may jinx it and get a summons. :-\  We didn't have a traditional Easter meal either.

Lisa, I hope your migraine is gone... my MIL loved  fried okra, I preferred it pickled with my salad. Mike's grandmother pickled okra, and Yum! I like brussels sprouts pickled too... oh my, at first I couldn't tell which cat was pregnant, until I remembered Black one is Bandit... awww they look sweet lying near each other... Sweet Misty does look bigger than she did last month. Her tail is up, I think she's nearing her time. No wonder you and Jeff have sleepless nights.

Oldguy, Thanks for the tip for Tig ... glad to hear you had a good weekend, fun card night with friends. Thanks for links.

Phyl, Philanthropic Educational Organization for women

Good night!  ;D

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lani's daughter Shannon, Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville, SWFL Eaglets, Eagle's Star, DNR and Trio nest. 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.