Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 380242 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3225 on: March 30, 2023, 09:42:27 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning kb, tig, Puff and all   :)

tsk - Cute greeting, and sounds like good temps today. 

clynn - Pretty good morning greeting.  Oh, I would love to be in that cabin and looking at that view.  Great pic from Benny!  Great Bella day pics!

Phyl - Great pics from the cams, and yay, MG laid her 6th egg!  Finally an egg for Savanna!
Nancy and I were not thrilled with the restaurant.  I had ordered Crab & Corn Chowder, it was cold when they brought it out, plus the potatoes in it were hard. I sent it back to be reheated, and it still came back lukewarm.  My crab cake was good that I had for my dinner, but Nancy did not like her shrimp salad.  It's a new place in town that has been open a month or more, but supposed the owner/chef was from the restaurant that was there before. 

Lani - Sorry about your post!

oldguy - Thanks for the videos, much appreciated!

E4E - It was nice to catch up with former co-worker.  :)

No kitties yet, another false alarm!  It was my turn in the room last night, and I really thought it was the night...she was in the closet, box, under the bed....repeat, and all before midnight!  Don't ask me how, but Bandit opened the door at 2am, and he wanted inside. So, he laid on the floor for a while with her and both went in living room to play.  I am tired!  ;D

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3226 on: March 30, 2023, 10:27:39 AM »

Lisa, you're tired and the cats are playing!  ;D

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3227 on: March 30, 2023, 11:45:01 AM »

Hellgate Osprey - Watching the skies for Iris! Any day now! :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

A rainy morning here.  :)
I'll be back.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #3228 on: March 30, 2023, 11:45:47 AM »

Lisa, you're tired and the cats are playing!  ;D

clynn - All I can do is laugh at the shenigans, to keep from crying!  ;D ;D

T40cfr403

« Reply #3229 on: March 30, 2023, 01:04:32 PM »

The Old Town Pickle was dusted off on the Delaware River.
BL - That entire post was sheer poetry! :)
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

BrokenLug

« Reply #3230 on: March 30, 2023, 01:48:33 PM »

BL  I'm going to guess the " Old Town Pickle" is a boat? 

Yup.
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3231 on: March 30, 2023, 02:19:13 PM »

some bounce

Yes... I had intended to say... great post BL  !
Oh, and, good luck tomorrow Iowa Hawkeyes!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3232 on: March 30, 2023, 02:24:43 PM »

Hellgate Osprey - Watching the skies for Iris! Any day now! :-*

Thank you Lani!! Been thinking about our sweet girl lately :)

April 7 2021 Beautiful Iris💕
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3233 on: March 30, 2023, 02:37:51 PM »

KB   You always find some really cool nature pics to post.  Love this one  ;D   The males were cool too. That has to be a really long lens  LOL
We just have weather warnings for tomorrow - starting tonight - could be anything!!

Tig  Interesting stats for MN and snow.  ;) ;)

LORI   Hope Iris is still alive...Feeling better???
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3234 on: March 30, 2023, 03:37:46 PM »

I spent 2 hours sitting here, typing, minding my own business, then I go to get a good night pic, click and then POOF! Post is gone.  :(
So, I'll see you in the morning and start over again.  :(

Thinking of you Lilbro :)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lani's daughter Shannon, Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

(((Lani))), dang!! Hate you lost that 2-hour minding-your-own-business post!!  :o   OMG!  ???  It must've been that 5-planet line-up!!

Clynn, I loved the Bella Day pics! Was her haircut a big deal to her? It looks nice, but some kids just don't want their hair cut, but I would guess that Bella would enjoy any reason to go to the salon.  ;) :D  She looks like she had an extra happy day at Grandma's house!  :)

BL, wow, I am sooo jealous. I have never been lucky enough to spy a Hell Bender in real-life-in-the-wild-nature in person. I would jump and point and all that there.  8) ::) ;) Hell Bender would be like, Geeze, Lady, get control of yourself.  ;D  I'm hoping you were upstream of that chemical contamination spill upstream of Philly's drinking water in-take on the Delaware River. Hope the Pickle kept you two high and dry on your run. Bluey with?  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3235 on: March 30, 2023, 04:02:05 PM »

Lisa, none of my preggers cats had their kittens while anyone was watching, or with them, though we tried. LOL. They always sneaked away and disappeared, only to be discovered mid-birth. And one of them had birthed a 3-kittens litter mid-morning when my sister and I finally found her in the back of my father's closet, and we definitely thought that was the whole batch, but, SURPRISE! after we checked on her, put them in their box with blankets, and left her to nurse them in quiet for a bit, we came back an hour later to check on them, and she had birthed a 4th kitten!! Sur-PRISE!  :D :D They don't want anyone there during birthing, I don't think. And of course, she moved those kittens 3 different times  ::) ;) :D  ... LOLOL!!  I know you have Misty where she can't disappear during the night, but you might want to have a space in that room for her that is "away from peering eyes" - just in case. LOL. I can't wait to hear how many she has and what they look like, and how she does - wondering how old she is, and if she has ever had a litter before... I guess it's a mystery, at least part of that. You're going to have a barrel of laughs with those little ones... mew, mew, mew, mew, mew, mew, mew  ;) :D :-* and I bet Bandit will be a great babysitter!!  :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3236 on: March 30, 2023, 04:18:14 PM »

Oh, I forgot to mention... some had posted about "preggers," after my post using it a day ago or so... I've used it for years - and have no idea where or when I first heard it. It's pretty commonly used by the Brits, apparently.  :)

Meanwhile...

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

I still haven't had a chance to catch up on the 6 days of posts before yesterday that I've recently missed out on... I will get there eventually. LOL. I've just popped in real quick-like yesterday and today, and so saw posts those days...

Take care, All. ESPECIALLY TOMORROW, those in the areas noted by the NWS as being in high possibility for severe weather on Friday, including very likely possibility of tornadic weather... last update I saw earlier showed that to include a huge chunk of Iowa, and other places south of there, and around. I'm sure the dicey weather locations forecasted will be adjusted.

So, PLEASE, stay alert, and heed warnings if you are in those areas. I hope it all fizzles out, but better to stay informed, alert, and prepared.

Stay safe, All, especially in those severe weather forecasted areas.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 04:20:38 PM by baziunc »

oldguy

« Reply #3237 on: March 30, 2023, 04:30:51 PM »

Yep - the U of Iowa Women BB is still alive and in the Final Four - Caitlin Clark won the Naismith Award yesterday for best Women's BB Player of the Year.  However tomorrows game has them as an 11 pt underdog...  They are forecasting a record viewer count for this game.  8)  Goooo Hawks.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3238 on: March 30, 2023, 05:15:40 PM »

Baz, I've heard my then young teenagers use the term "preggers" in Kansas.
Now, back to last night's post  ;D. ... Many happy birthday wishes for your Lil Punkin! I cannot believe she is 5! Where has the time gone, because now Lil Bro is trying to use a scooter!  :o
Geez, time flies by! Love the pics  ;D

{{{Puff}}} glad to read you're feeling a bit better  :)

Kb. Love the Shepherd pups! WOW! The Kings are walking the road! That's an amazing sight!

Tig, glad to hear you're feeling better and able to return to the pool  :)

BL,   :)

Clynn Love Miss Bella's new haircut, she's very grown up, great pics.... Love see the Boulder Ospreys returning to their nest, reminds me of Iris. I check on the site everyday, she should be returning anytime in the next three days. Dr. Greene and staff have replaced the IR on Hellgate cam and updated. Nest and area looks great! ... beautiful Grandalas pic... gorgeous view of the Grand Canyon.

Oldguy, thanks for links. I watched a Mammoth video from Mammoth Mountain Life, another 36" of snow.  :o ...  I like Andy and Ryan Hall... Go Iowa!  ;D

also Ryan Hall and his Y'all squad delivered extra cooking equipment & whipped up an additional 2,500+ free meals for the locals.
We also got hundreds of Easter baskets for the kids & plenty of water, soda and other goods that we gave away for free.  All total more than $100,000 worth of goods.
Listened to families, shared their sorrows and tried to give hope.

Phyl, YAY! Mother Goose and 6 eggs!  ;D ... So now it's Savannah and Newman and egg!

Tsk, I just completed going through a couple of documents updates too. I had to battle Norman and Milo from walking over my keyboard.  :(

Eagles, it's been a rainy morning, sunny around noon, now cloudy with possible chance of snow kind of day!  :-\

Lisa, sorry about your dinner last night. Bad meal and no sleep, that's no fun... But at least you got to spend some time with a good friend and it looks like Misty and Bandit had a good night too ;D

{{{Lori}}} I pray you're feeling better.  :-*

SWFL Eagles ~ E21's FLEDGE & SUCCESSFUL RETURN To Nest Tree 💕 Congrats! E22 Was Not Happy 😲 3.30.23 Lady Hawk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7mzQUZTlFo

Royal Albatross ~ SP Does A Lovely Skycall & Trilling To Neighbor RLK! ♫ ♥ 3.30.23 by Lady Hawk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39WSWNtFUho&t=30s
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3239 on: March 30, 2023, 06:15:52 PM »

BAZI   That rough weather tomorrow includes us.  We have 2 rounds coming through - "expect 60-75mph winds"  Yikes.

LANI   God bless folks like the "Y'all" squad.   That first flight is always the best. Congrats E21   ;D
Chicagoland