Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 442912 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2985 on: March 22, 2023, 07:05:38 PM »

Hello Beakers! Enjoyed my beverage and am catching up in the Beak. Kelsey, Bella and I went to pick Ed up at the airport at 12:30. Kelsey nearly went crazy when she saw him coming down the escalator! People were smiling at seeing her joy!  She missed her Dad!  ;D ;D Bella and I had a good day, I re-polished her nails and put some chalk streaks in her hair. No painting today, Barbies, marbles, stickers, a game and Ah-Pad.

Phyl, the Flyway looks deserted...  Hope HD & HM let Mama Goose stay... 

oldguy, loved the video with Maru, Hana and Miri all sitting in line! I have never seen them all so close together at the same time. The Sun! Awful about the explosion at Mamoth Lake. I wonder if it was caused by a gas meter that was buried in snow. https://www.mtiindustries.com/warning-ice-can-block-vents-on-gas-meters-causing-dangerous-build/  I would think this would be a big problem with all that snow...

kb, Minnehaha doesn't even look like a waterfall with all that ice!

Lani, the service guy at Ford said sometimes it takes 4 hours, all the way to 12 hours. He said I was at the same spot as a car that had the update the day before, it only took 5 hours. I wonder if it has to do with how many updates need to be done. This is the first time for me and it's a 2017. Happy to hear that the Albatross parents are feeding better this year!

tsk, I hope your Starlink update is only 30 minutes! I had to look Starlink up, I see it is a Suburu exclusive! You haven't had yours very long have you? But I see it is a recall. Have you had any problems with it?

Wild Heart Ranch - “It’s MY food! You can’t have any!”  Keebler, Supervisor at Wild Heart!

1950s Memories by DoYouRemember.com -Dale Sand  ·
One of the last photos of Jimmy Stewart and his wife Gloria before she passed away. Stewart was so heartbroken, he decided not to renew his batteries for his pacemaker and to let nature take its course, which it did causing him problems and eventually a fatal heart attack. His last words was "I'm going to be with Gloria now"

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2986 on: March 22, 2023, 07:21:39 PM »

KB   I had forgotten how tall the fence was.  sorry   Beautiful shot of Minnehaha

OLDGUY   Bellamy is really moving up in the world  ;)  How tragic for Mammoth Lakes.  So much hardship for one area.

CLYNN  I got this car the week before Halloween last year.  I just turned 1,000 miles on it as I was having all the sciatica issues and not going anywhere.  I love the car.  They don't make them like Jimmy Stewart any more.  I see where Dick Van Dyke crashed his Lexus into a gate today.  He was treated at the scene - He has to retake drivers test at 97...
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2987 on: March 22, 2023, 09:46:08 PM »

Tsk - Hope all goes well with your car's software on Friday!

Tig - That is a beautiful song - thanks for link!  Hope you are feeling better.

Lani - Glad the royal albatross (SP) is doing well.

Kb - You are such a Trooper in how you keep clearing off the snow and taking Ollie for walks! You do get your exercise in!! ;)   Amazing pic of the Minnehaha Falls!

Oldguy - We had similar weather, but we had almost an inch of rain today!  Wow, Mammoth Lakes explosion  :o ::)

Phyl - You were mentioning last year's canadian goose nest to Tsk - I was glued to the screen watching this beautiful family and it was heart wrenching. :'(   Thanks for cam pics.

Clynn -   How sweet & special for Ed, the welcoming from Kelsey!!  Glad you had a busy & fun day with your little Bella - love the pics!!  What a nice remembrance for Jimmy Stewart & his wife - love the pics!

LisaG - When is the approximate expected due date for Bradley & Kelly's baby?  I'm sure you have mentioned it, but if so, I can't remember.

Hi Puff - Are you getting settled back in after that fabulous trip?!

Lori, hope you feel better soon.

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2988 on: March 23, 2023, 12:24:04 AM »

Tsk, this year's albatross chick has both parents, so feedings are regular. Last year's chick's male parent had perished. So only mom L was feeding, which is why rangers did lots of feedings.

Below is post about how chick SP's weight compares to others.

Phyl, Thanks for posting Mother Goose's pic, I hope all goes well with the eggs. And RRP have cleaned up the ground below the tree so all the chicks can make their jump safely. Lovely good night pic.

Oldguy, Thanks for Mammoth update. The residents have to deal with tons of snow and now this explosion. Prayers for those injured... I wonder how many weeks before the snow melts... sad   :(

Clynn, love Bella's hair, very pretty chalk streaks  ;D ... awww Kelsey missed her dad, I bet her excitement filled both your hearts with joy... a very healthy Keebler has an nice round tummy!  ;D ... I loved Jimmy Stewart. I've seen all of his movies and some several times, I enjoyed his visits on Johnny Carson too.

Eagles, sending prayers for your mom.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lani's daughter Shannon, Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.
Sauces Family.🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #2989 on: March 23, 2023, 12:51:43 AM »

We have some scattered light rain approaching - heavy rain is to the SE and Snow is to the NW, with us in the middle...

National Puppy Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-puppy-day-march-23/
Yorkies Rip Amazon Box Apart   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqY2LmoociQ

Pets Surprising Their Gifts They Owners With Didn't Ask For   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DT21W2xeHo
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2990 on: March 23, 2023, 02:02:47 AM »

bounce
OldGuy... Lol on the Yorkies
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2991 on: March 23, 2023, 05:57:59 AM »

Sunny and 54F today. With this evening  32F and mostly clear skies.

Eagles i don't think anyone who watched that nest came away unscathed emotionally. How's you mom?

Clynn What a sweet welcome home from Kelsey for Ed. Looks like you and Bella had a good day. i'm with you on the goose nest. Nice photo of Jimmy Stewart and  his wife. Tks for Wildheart Ranch ...looks like a Lemur.
 I read in a   email news update that Dick Van Dyke had that one car accident---97yrs is pretty old to still be driving-safely---time for a chauffeur

Lani  I too hope the  goose nest 's area below will be cleaned up---and not another fledging season like last year.   Tks for updated stats on SP

oldguy 'Pets surprizing owners with gifts" sweet and funny
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2992 on: March 23, 2023, 06:00:34 AM »

Decorah Goose Cam
Mar 23, 2023 5:43 AM
Camera Time: Mar 23, 2023 5:43 AM CDT

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2993 on: March 23, 2023, 06:02:06 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 23, 2023 5:45 AM
Camera Time: Mar 23, 2023 3:45 AM PDT
Birchwoman

Audi asleep  :-*

From Chat:
Bommy
7 hours ago
21:03

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2994 on: March 23, 2023, 06:03:27 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons
Mar 23, 2023 5:52 AM
Camera Time: Mar 23, 2023 5:52 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Savanna

From Chat
ShepQ herd
27 minutes ago
March 23
It looked to me as if Savvy's close to laying an egg.
She has assumed "the position" a few times

CrisRO
3 hours ago
GSB, 03:08 AM

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #2995 on: March 23, 2023, 06:51:29 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I was feeling under the weather yesterday, and I could have sworn that I had made a post yesterday evening, but I don't see it.  Oh, well..will chalk it up to not feeling good.

Phyl - Great pics from the cams.  Cute lil squirrels this morning.  No baby shower yet for Kelly.  She attended one for her SIL, and that is why she couldn't come to lunch for my birthday. 

Lani - Awww, I didn't realize that the Royal parent has perished last year and only one parent was feeding chick. Your goodnight pic...beautiful!

E4E - The baby is due August 2nd.

tsk - Oh no, I hope Dick Van Dyke was OK.   

clynn - Awww, LOVED hearing your comment about Kelsey!   Cool chalk streaks in Bella's hair.  LOL, Keebler! Question for ya....how did you know your car computer needed an update?  Light came on?

oldguy - Yikes at Mammoth Lakes. 

Phyl

« Reply #2996 on: March 23, 2023, 06:52:05 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Mar 23, 2023 6:50 AM
Camera Time: Mar 23, 2023 6:50 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #2997 on: March 23, 2023, 06:59:56 AM »

Hi Lisa  I hope you're feeling better today.  Tks for due date on Bradley and Kelly's baby.  I had to look up 'chalk streak' color--I read that in Clynn's post yesterday about Bella's hair, now I know.  ;)
 You probably did type a post  and might not have hit 'post' button just right.

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2998 on: March 23, 2023, 07:04:18 AM »

HI EVERONE

Small thunderstorm rolled through at 4:30 AM     41 now and staying there all day - scattered showers.  Feels like 35

CLYNN   Love that 3rd pic of Bella.  What fun at the airport picking up Ed.  Wonder if he will notice his "roomy" man cave  LOL

LANI   I remember that one Royal parent had disappeared but didn't realize he had perished.  :(    Also did not know that RRP had cleared out the area under N2B  Great idea.

OLDGUY  The Yorkies and box of toys was funny  ;D   Gifts from the pets   LOLOL

LORI    How did it go at the doctor?  Worried about you.

LISA   Hope you're feeling OK today.  Can't wait for vet report

KB  Dancing Bear  ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 07:10:06 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #2999 on: March 23, 2023, 07:06:47 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1638617803451146241

This video of a "dancing bear" needs some background music....at the moment I'm at a loss for what that is.

Morning all.