Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 435059 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3000 on: March 23, 2023, 07:25:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, what a beautiful sunset!

Phyl, very cloudy on the Flyway this morning, I see a couple of visitors! Thanks for the #7 view... Egg watch at GSB! I had carpet that color in 1974! Do you remember this one? I remember Mom opening the box and was amazed when she pulled out a towel!

And then there were these, some I never heard of...

Lisa, the display in my car has been acting glitchy. The navigator just stops, sometimes my phone doesn't hook up, stations just change on Sirius, screens I didn't request just pop up, I touch something and it tkes a few seconds to pop up.  Little things like that.

oldguy, those Yorkie pups had a lot of fun with that box! So so for the contents! Love the video of the gifts from pets...so sweet!

kb, I've seen humans do that bear dance!

tsk, I showed Ed the area I cleared out, and apologized for not getting more done  ::)...he didn't say a word! I think he was actually hoping I would work on it...

David Attenborough Fans - Stunning wildlife photograph captures peregrine falcon in the form of a B-2 bomber! See the amazing shot by photographer Thomas Kaestner in La Jolla, San Diego. Patience and preparation pay off in wildlife photography, and this photograph is a testament to that.
More details/photos: http://bit.ly/3JUjPGg

So sweet!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2dgXvtRAdc

Decorah - the two beautiful eggs...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #3001 on: March 23, 2023, 08:44:09 AM »

https://twitter.com/buitengebieden/status/1638617803451146241
dancing bear PLUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5TqIdff_DQ

James Brown singing "I feel good"

You will have to open them together.....I'm not Lori...LOL
Actually, just play James in background, and then open bear video...it actually synchronizes!

LisaG1967

« Reply #3002 on: March 23, 2023, 09:17:45 AM »

Morning kb and all   :)

clynn - Thanks for that info!  I wonder if my car might need the same thing, as the navigation system sometimes just has a black screen and wont show the map or radio.  Great pic of the DE eggs!!

tsk - Another pretty tulip greeting!  I am feeling alot better today, then yesterday.  I started the day before with a very bad headache, which then turned into a stuffy nose.  I woke up yesterday with so much facial pain and teeth hurting, I felt like I was punched in the face.  I went to PCP, she said, I had alot of sinus pressure making my eardrums bulge, and that caused one of my permanent tubes to come out on the right side.  I am on some Amoxicillin for 10 days, and will see the ENT on 4/11, or sooner if the ear gets worse.  Will let you all know how it goes at the vets this evening!

Phyl - Thanks  :)  I think Mama had those bath towels.   ;D

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3003 on: March 23, 2023, 09:24:33 AM »

Morning eagle buddies!

Tsk - Like your morning bouquet!  Was Lulu bothered at all with the thunder early this morning?

Lani - Thank you;  I think my sis will bring my Mom over tomorrow for a while  :)  I too, didn't realize that one of the Albatross parents was found dead last year.

Oldguy - Those Yorkies were so energetic in getting their box of toys opened - so cute!!

Phyl - My Mom is doing ok, but still dealing with a situation - she will see a new doctor for this on 4/06.   Like your cute morning graphic!  Love all the cam pics.   I remember those '70's towels! ;D

LisaG - Bummer to lose your post last night.  Hope you are feeling a little better this morning.  :)  Thank you for the reminder of when the baby is expected. ;D

Kb - Cute vid of the 'dancing bear'  :)

Clynn - Like the morning gifs and so fun to see all the 'freebies'!!  Love the stunning pic of peregrine falcon in flight  :)   Thanks for link of that special kitty and the hen and her chicks - very cute!!!

Lori - Still thinking of you and wishing you get well soon {{Lori}}

Morning Tig, Puff, Baz  :)

Everyone have a nice day  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3004 on: March 23, 2023, 09:52:33 AM »

some bounce
Still a little stuffy in the nose but otherwise fine...

((Lisa))
((E4E))

Got some bakery treats after my great doc appt. yesterday. (BP 116/68)
Gonna make some brownies today. Bday week! LOL

TTFN
Busy writing thank you notes.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3005 on: March 23, 2023, 09:59:28 AM »

Kb LOL  'dancing' bear gettin a good scratch, 'I Feel Good' works.  I opened the links just as you did.

Lani very unusual sunset last night

Clynn your AM greeting today-I have the last one with birds all lined  up  ;)
Yes I remember 'Duz' and the glasses , Breeze detergent/towels( Mom used 'Cheer' and 'Duz" was used long before I arrived)
Amazing photo of peregrine falcon in the form of a B-2 bomber, Jim told me  that aircraft are often modeled from avian aerodynamics---the B2 looks like the P.falcon.
Hurrah for Decorah---two egglets, two eaglets to come.  :-*  Sweet video of hen, chicks and kitty.
   Good luck with your car's PC update.

Lisa  I hope all's well w/ Misty's vet appt later today.

{{{Lori}}}

{{{ Eagles' Mom}}}

Hi Puff

Tig glad  you're feeling/doing better

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 04:07:06 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3006 on: March 23, 2023, 12:22:11 PM »

CLYNN  Never heard of most of those detergents and none with gifts inside  :o :o  Ahhh  Phew - an A+ from Ed  LOL   Saw that falcon on FB yesterday - How cool was that!!!   That cat and chicks - She must have been used to other chicks before - Poor thing couldn't even sit down for a while there  LOL  So cute.

KB  Perfect  James Brown song for the bear dance

LISA  Sounds awful.  But since you have ear tubes you know to go to the PCP

EAGLES  It wasn't a big thunder boomer so I don't think she was bothered.  We were still in bed.  ;)

TIG   YAY  Good doc visit and BP  ;D

Breakfast with another friend and now afternoon tea with another.  LOL  Have to get all my ducks in a row being out of commission for a while
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3007 on: March 23, 2023, 01:02:33 PM »

Baz, you will love this rescue!  ;D

Toucan Rescue Ranch - Viscerion trying to use his back legs. Sloths, Toucans, birds, cats, are not the only critters they rescue.  ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All

Oldguy, love the Yorkies! LOL!!

Clynn, "You apologized to Ed for not getting more done." LOLOLOL!!!  ;D. ... My mother never bought anything but Tide, and I've never used anything else either.... But, funny thing is that I saw a set of the dishes from the Duz box in Pine at Aunty Gail's antique shop.  ;D.  I remembered staring at those dishes and thinking "where have I seen that?"  ;D ... oh my goodness, love the cat, chicks and bemused mother hen. Sweet cat looked bewildered a few moments too. So sweet!  ;D

Kb, I had to laugh when I saw the headline of Dancing Bear. It's a bear with a back that has an itch! And it needs scratching. LOL! Also, it's leaving it's scent... Perfect Song, Love James Brown, always have and always will!  ;D

Tsk, I don't know if RRP removed the rocks/debri below N2B, I'm being hopeful that they did. The gosling jump last year just about did my heart in, as well as many Decorah watchers.

{{{Hugs Lisa}}} OUCH, sorry you're sick! I pray the Amoxicillin will help  :-*...  The Rangers helped Albatross mom by feeding of L because male parent disappeared and they assumed perished. It's a banded albatross and they never saw him again. Like Raptors they do not leave in a middle of a season. They also help with feedings if the food is difficult to find because of changes in the environment.

Phyl, I was thrilled to see Mother Goose laid #2egg. I pray all is well with #1 after the snow... thanks for GSB update... pretty sunrise

Eagles, they couldn't find L's banded male parent. And had been searching for him for weeks and assumed he perished. Because parents never leave during their season with a chick. They are devoted about their feedings and grooming of little one... glad to hear you will be seeing your mother and sis tomorrow. I wish I could see my sis.  :-*

{{{Tig}}}
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #3008 on: March 23, 2023, 01:10:11 PM »

We had 7 small light showers between 2am and 10 am - total of .11 inches - most of them was 15-20 minutes and about .01 to .03 inches each...  Temps today will climb to the mid 40s - rain coming in tomorrow afternoon and into Sat.

This is hilarious... André Rieu
Bull attacks woman at concert!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRFQgoUZBYI
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #3009 on: March 23, 2023, 01:44:09 PM »

We had 7 small light showers between 2am and 10 am - total of .11 inches - most of them was 15-20 minutes and about .01 to .03 inches each...  Temps today will climb to the mid 40s - rain coming in tomorrow afternoon and into Sat.

This is hilarious... André Rieu
Bull attacks woman at concert!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRFQgoUZBYI

Hilarious and what fun!....we could use some of this here....

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3010 on: March 23, 2023, 01:48:29 PM »

Lani I just don't know if I'm gonna watch anymore goslings fledge.  I cried  and talked to that little fella...then for days after he died.   :(

Oldguy  What a cute show---and  later a red bra on his horn!  :o   LOL

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 01:55:53 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3012 on: March 23, 2023, 01:56:23 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

Wisdom, the Layson Albatross, was a clue on "Jeopardy" last night, and one of the contestants knew it, and got the right "question/answer." Wisdom is at least 71 years old now!  :-* :-* :-*
Here is an update on her, as of this past December, from the US Fish and Wildlife Service:
https://www.fws.gov/story/2022-12/wisdom-worlds-oldest-known-wild-bird-returns-midway-atoll

Whoever posted it... That is a great photo of the "PEFA Stealth."  :D Such incredible raptors.  :-* Thanks, Bob Anderson, and others, who helped to bring them back, successfully, to the Midwest...  :-*  And to RRP for continuing to nurture that work, and educate.  :-* :-*

(((Lori))), I hope the doc sees you today and you feel better soon!

Phyl, thanks for the nest cam shots.

Tsk, you are on the go!  :D  So sorry about your friend's husband, and I'm sure she appreciates you spending time with her.

Lani, doesn't look like my kind of alligator - looks like it may be a caiman. I wonder what happened to his legs... hope he can recover.

((Lisa)), glad you feel a bit better. Will you have another permanent tube put in, or just wait and see? I have eustachian tube dysfunction, so I can relate to fluid, pressure, and lots of pain in the ear. I had to give up scuba because of it. My doc didn't recommend tubes, and I always used Rx antihistamine and decongestant for flare-ups when I had problems, and a lot of those same strength meds are OTC now, I've noticed. I hope you're all better soon! Hope all goes well with Misty's vet visit!

Clynn, ugh on the long car update! The chalk streaks are pretty! Love the exciting homecoming Kelsey gave her dad!  :-* LOL on Ed not saying anything about your clean-up.  ;) :D

Tig, nice b'day gifts, and fun! Glad you had a good doc visit/numbers.  I am still losing the weight I gained during my birthday week.  ::) ;) :D

Oldguy, thanks for the link to that weather forecaster's new youtube channel.

E4E, I hope your mom will get helpful info from the new doc, and will soon be better.

Take care, Beakers, and ...  :)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 01:59:37 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

T40cfr403

« Reply #3013 on: March 23, 2023, 03:48:44 PM »

(Owls v. Eagles)

They Hate Each Other for 36 Million Years and Here Is Why - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUgwRkXxTDA

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3014 on: March 23, 2023, 05:00:10 PM »

LANI   I'm not sure I would want to be the PT for Viscerion LOL

OLDGUY  How Mom and Dad would love to watch Andre Rieu when he cam on the TV.  Cute piece.

BAZI   I knew the answer on Wisdon  too   LOLOL  It happens so seldom  LOL

T40   Great piece on owls and eagles.  the evolutionary part was interesting.  Didn't realize owls were here first.

So after a 2 hour breakfast and a two hour tea session, we whisked Lulu to the vet before they closed to get her nails cut and asked the tech to please swab her ( i tried and she would have nothing to do with it) cheeks and gums with swab kit we received yesterday .  She is a noodle in their hands  :o :o :o  So off it goes tomorrow and soon we will find out if she is really a cat or a dog cunningly disguised  LOL
Chicagoland