Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 381556 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2925 on: March 21, 2023, 07:09:03 AM »

Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Mar 21, 2023 6:59 AM
Camera Time: Mar 21, 2023 4:58 AM PDT
Birchwoman
Our dear  Audi, Jak & #7  surrounded by rain drops and 20mph winds---be safe.

From Chat:

Dave
3 hours ago edited
Mar 21, 2023 01:11:59
A beautiful looking egg!

Institute for Wildlife Studies
The Sauces Canyon nest is located at the top of a 40-foot Monterey Cypress tree on The Nature Conservancy property on Santa Cruz Island. This nest has been active since 2008 and Jak and Audacity have been breeding here since 2014. See the entire nesting history at https://www.iws.org/sauces-... . A great video summarizing our bald eagle restoration project can be found at https://youtu.be/gnjXsW0AMxs
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2926 on: March 21, 2023, 07:09:58 AM »

Hi EVERYONE

38 heading to 52  cloudy windy and possible rain

Quiet night in the Beak or I'm up too early  LOL

There's PHYL   White kitty has something to say this AM
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #2927 on: March 21, 2023, 07:12:17 AM »

Aurora Borealis - Northern Lights
Mar 20, 2023 12:01 AM
Camera Time: Mar 20, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
Cloud

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2928 on: March 21, 2023, 07:13:55 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Busy day yesterday! Took Kay to the doctor, last visit, her leg looks good! Two trips to the Goodwill! The dead ash tree cut down (found the most wonderful Handyman couple!)  Various tree branches removed and the unintentional brush pile will soon be gone! Then the deck upgrade (composite floor, roof and screening) and the new Little Shed (tear down and remove old shed). Ed will be ready to garden and I will be ready to plant flowers!

Lani, so sorry your team lost, I was rooting for KU, just for you and Mike!  Next year, that's the spirit! Don't you love a clean fridge!  ;D ;D  Love the cute little mice!

baz, Lil' Bro and his plushie, how cute!

E4E, you sound like me, after I clean the fridge I like to open it now and then just to look at it... Such a small accomplishment but it feels good! Same with the big deep freeze in the garage...  ::) ::)

Lisa, latest Grandma purchase?  I have to start putting Easter baskets together for the Munchkins! I do Valentines Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas for the Munchkins...mostly candy.  ;D

Puff, welcome home! Take it easy! We will wait for pictures...but not too long!  ;D

kb, I bet Ollie was glad to get out for a walk!

Phyl, ran across this in FB, thought you might like to take a look!  https://www.bethsheridanart.com/renewaloffer?fbclid=IwAR3HHy7HV1tziVVrpKv__CWBt1L5DIvKPvJTxsZfMbqkvhkpjs2vs9p-Ftc#text-1fc600cd  The Aurora Borealis looks like a green tornado!

MARS Wildlife Rescue Centre - A new born owl.....Not a MARS patient. It's from another rescue centre.

Eagles🦅 In Flight - Vincent Fouchi Jr. -  Eaglet and parent in the nest in River Ridge, LA on 3/16/23. Capturing this image was challenging since the little one was laying low. I managed to get a few frames when it peeked out for a minute.  D850, 1/500s, f8, iso 400, 700mm   Edited in Lightroom and Topaz

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #2929 on: March 21, 2023, 07:37:41 AM »

Hi Tsk yes indeed, white kitty has plenty to say. LOL  Cute Easter this AM.  Your daytime are close to ours or ours is close to yours 
What started as s  'poopy' day wasn't so bad afterall---after I posted  and did some household stuff I decided I ought to renew my Quicken membership after setting on it for a few moons, no biggy  the app still worked , just 'argued' with me.. Time after time dispite what I did, the web site wouldn't cooperate.  By this time it was in the afternoon  So flustered I called and  nicely told my frustrating story saying I wanted to pay online---the CSR was the nicest and she made sure I was able to renew. But! For all my difficulties Intuit  gave me 40% off my annual subscription so I only paid $21 and change.  ;)

Clynn wow! You were busy!  Like your 'Good Morning' greeting.   Your link takes me to an artist's website selling her artprints. That's okay. Although the image in 'Cloud's snapshot isn't  that clear I'm still able to see the 'funnel'. Thank you for thnking of me.   Awww baby owl so sweet. Thanks for Eagles🦅 In Flight update---did you intend to post a link?

Phyl

« Reply #2930 on: March 21, 2023, 07:44:50 AM »

Tig

kbshcb

« Reply #2931 on: March 21, 2023, 07:57:13 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1580509639569215488

Love above...polar bear doing what polar bears do..

Happy Bird Day, tig

Only 26, going up to 41 with precip off and on today/tonight...snow?...rain?...who knows.

Even though my thermostat is set the same as all winter, with the snow mostly gone off my roof, it's decidedly colder in the house this morning.
Snow on the roof is a great insulator.
However, I'll be fine when it's all gone, LOL

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2932 on: March 21, 2023, 08:23:21 AM »

Bounce!

Happy birthday Camper's Tig!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2933 on: March 21, 2023, 08:29:57 AM »

Bounce!!
Happy First Day of Spring! I bring it every year! LOL!
Thanx for the happy wishes...  ;D  I'm officially "old" now.
I've been under the weather a titch the last few days... slight cold or allergy symptoms? I see the doctor tomorrow for my regular heart check.
So... I was resting and watching Bball, and hockey, and NASCAR, and...   Sorry Lani, I tried to pull your team thru. I am rooting for Ganzaga and Michigan State.
Ok, back to resting. I have a feeling a surprise dinner is in the works tonite.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2934 on: March 21, 2023, 08:38:06 AM »

Happy Birthday Tig!

oldguy

« Reply #2935 on: March 21, 2023, 08:51:49 AM »

Happy Birthday Tig

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

oldguy

« Reply #2936 on: March 21, 2023, 08:58:51 AM »

Happy Belated Birthday Lisa
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2937 on: March 21, 2023, 09:41:26 AM »

Happy Birthday tig!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2939 on: March 21, 2023, 10:22:07 AM »

CLYNN  Lots going on at your house.  How did you find the handy man couple?  Take before and afters on your porch project/new shed.  What a precious baby owl.  Perfect River Ridge nest shot.

KB  That's one way to get across the ice.  One experienced polar bear ;D

LANI  Sweet greeting for Tig    Lots of detail.

TIG  Stay well enough to enjoy your "surprise" dinner tonight.  :o

OLDGUY  Love Tig's cake  :D
Chicagoland