Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 436741 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2023, 08:29:27 AM »

Good Morning Beakers......Happy New Year!!!

Phyl - Thanks for the RRP post.  It was a nice lunch, and I always love to catch up with ex-SIL.  I love appetizers as a meal. 

T40 - Amazing photo of the eagles on the front porch.  I see one in the background too, that must have been too shy to get its pic taken. 

Lani - I'm glad that Shannon and Kona stayed the night with you, but goodness all the doggie drama!   ;D

kb - Happy to hear that some of the poisoned eagles were released yesterday.

tsk - I am glad too, and that she and I can remain friends.

I am trying a Pinterest recipe for my New Year's meal today.  I hope it is not a fail.
https://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2012/08/01/baked-ribs-and-sauerkraut/   

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2023, 09:02:33 AM »

Happy New Year!!!  :)

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2023, 10:39:59 AM »

Happy New Year,
sweet friends!

I worked yesterday and came home took a nap, made supper and we went out with our couple,  live band,  kickin country, they were really good! Came home after midnight.
This morning I made breakfast now been sitting here relaxing with lots of coffee.
I have skimmed a few posts and see you are all doing well and have been busy with family time.. Wonderful news that maybe D27 has visited? Glad to see her! I need to get up and get to a few things here in the house.. Just may see Meg and family as well, Kenz tonsil surgery has been pushed back a few days now as she once again got Strep,
then Meg a bad cold..We have been staying away as much as we can, staying well here in our house, which is good..lol  kinda upset can't watch Rose parade, as they will air it tomorrow and I work of course..Grrr like to watch it live.. we have Vikes game today! Go Skoal!
 Take care all and be well in this start of new year..
Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, MpMom, Oldguy, , Lori, Lisa, Eagles4ever, KB, Bazi, Blschue, T40, Lilbro,LittleJet, Nora, Phyliz, EBURG,  Weasel,  Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee, Jilltosa, Godiva, Jaspurr, Ginger, Lindy, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, BrokenLug, Ruby , IvyDog & ALL
🦅🇺🇸💓

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2023, 11:04:17 AM »

Happy New Year Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, BL, Lori, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Eagles, it's been raining non-stop since Shannon left early this morning. She left before the rain and just made it home before the rain started in Mesa. She and Kona grabbed a quick breakfast and jumped into their beds.  ;D. Sadie was stubborn about her morning walk and wouldn't get in the car for the return trip home from the park this morning. So we both walked home in the rain.  :-\ So much busyness and it wasn't even 8am yet.

Hi Paulie!  ;D

Hi Pink, good to see you... awww prayers for Meg and Kenz. Take care  :-*

Lisa, you should have heard the back and forth between the dogs last night. Dewey would be on the couch with Aly, Sadie was laying in her dog bed in my office, cats in their baskets and Kona was downstairs. They would all yap at each other from their spots, and cats with ears back, would be owl-eyed over the whole chatter.  ;D Once Shannon and Kona was on the road home, Dewey demanded the pet gate to be opened to his downstairs domain, he rushed forward with Sadie following and then the cats. Sniffing like mad and checking out downstairs patio and dog run. Aly and I rushed around vacuuming and changing bedding before I left for the dog park, because Dewey was not happy. LOL! ... it's nice you and your ex SIL are close. That's as it should be, especially if there are children, it's the ties that bind.  :) ... it's looks like a delicious recipe for tonight's dinner. Good luck.

Tsk, Shannon left at 6:30 while it was still dark and just before the rain started. Kona didn't sleep, and fell asleep before they drove up to our security guard gate. I need to get serious about our scale too, a yearly checkup is set in two weeks, at least it's before my birthday  ;D

Phyl, thanks for RRP blog... interesting New Year's food traditions.

T40, awesome photo of eagles visiting Decorah residents! LOL!

Baz, Happy birthday Zippo!🥳

I can’t help but reflect on all the things I’m thankful for as the year comes to a close.
Our Beak family is near and dear to my heart—may we each continue to thrive in the new year.  :-*
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 11:12:41 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

ssrl

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2023, 11:56:41 AM »

Happy New Year everyone.  Here is MN DNR Mom from the 2023 calendar by Bonnie Johnson and Thomas Demma.

kbshcb

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2023, 12:15:00 PM »

look at this guy's beard, LOL

Morning all and Happy 2023....

Lisa - that recipe look yummy...let us know how it turned out for you.

Wait, what!.....did I miss the Rose Bowl parade?....
I've been scurrying to get food and errands run all morning in anticipation of our storm tomorrow.

Looks like a solid foot now predicted.....yuk.

Think I'll just make sure both back doors can open and make one path for Ollie on the lower deck....and then down the road remove a little at a time....that's just too much snow.

Done now and waiting for a woman I know son to come pick up Scott's bike....I have saved it for maybe Chris someday, but it's too large for him I think in reality.....An older Specialized mountain bike that apparently will go to a good cause...someone who bikes to work had theirs stolen.

Hated to give it up frankly but this afternoon will be done.

Go Vikes!

kbshcb

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2023, 12:35:06 PM »

All is well...sun is trying to peek out before our storm, Mr. Tower is perched across the street, and Scott's bike is gone....

This may be corny...no definitely corny....but Mr. Tower showed up exactly when Scott's bike was put in their trunk....Scott is saying it's okay to me is what I believe. :)

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:46:35 PM by kbshcb »

T40cfr403

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2023, 12:59:43 PM »

T40 - Amazing photo of the eagles on the front porch.  I see one in the background too, that must have been too shy to get its pic taken. 

Lisa - Lisa, I saw that background figure, too, and assumed it was also an eagle. But since they didn't mention it in the article, I had halfway convinced myself it was a kid in a fat snowsuit! :P ;D ;D
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2023, 01:06:48 PM »

Aww KB.. a good sign from Scott  :) NO Parade will be tomorrow..
LANI,  poor Dewey.., thanks for the prayers for Meg and Kenz..
LISA.. sounds delish!
🦅🇺🇸💓

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2023, 01:20:08 PM »

Happy Birthday to Bazi's Zippo!

Lori, LOL, you nailed it!  ;D  Zippo says, "Chirp chirp, Thank you! CHIRP!"  :)  She is enjoying lots of birdthday treats today - including raw almonds, LOL! Yesterday she enjoyed a pre-birdthday treat of some of the omelette I cooked. I do NOT tell her it is made from bird eggs!!  :o ;) ;D  Happy New Year back to you and Destini! :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2023, 01:23:23 PM »

(Scroll down the article for several videos of eagles doing eagley things.)

Amazing Photo Of Six Bald Eagles On Iowa Porch Goes Viral
- https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2022/12/31/amazing-photo-of-six-bald-eagles-of-iowa-porch-goes-viral/

T40, wow! And it looks like there's a 7th Bald Eagle standing on a snow bank in the yard, on the right side! And awww on the juvie with them.  :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2023, 01:26:52 PM »

Happy Birthday  Zippo...

...wishing you many more to come!

Phyl, many chirpy thanks and kisses from Zippo on her birdthday wishes from you!  :)  :-*

baziunc

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2023, 01:34:42 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I watched the ball drop and fell asleep one minute after!

Phyl, thanks for bringing the RRP blog! Lots of wonderful pictures...  Another year with our beloved eagles!

T40, wonderful story of the eagles - it had to be Decorah! I think I would faint if I looked out and saw that on my deck!

Happy Hatch Day ZIPPO!!

Clynn, Zippo sends you "kiss-kisses"  :-* :-* for her Hatch Day wishes!  This is the 35th anniversary of her hatch day.  :D  She was 12 years old when she came to me 23 years ago in January 2000, making her 35 years old now!!  She was a VERY GOOD EGG!!  :D :-* :-* :-*

baziunc

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2023, 01:38:46 PM »

9 Lucky New Year’s Food Traditions

From black-eyed peas to lentils to soba noodles, these foods and others are believed to bring good luck in the new year.
LESLEY KENNEDYUPDATED:DEC 22, 2020ORIGINAL:DEC 21, 2020

https://www.history.com/news/new-years-food-traditions?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-2022-1228-12282022&om_rid=&~campaign=hist-inside-history-2022-1228

Phyl, I'm cooking my black-eyed peas now! Yummm...  :D

baziunc

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2023, 01:52:53 PM »

Happy New Year Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, BL, Lori, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Eagles, it's been raining non-stop since Shannon left early this morning. She left before the rain and just made it home before the rain started in Mesa. She and Kona grabbed a quick breakfast and jumped into their beds.  ;D. Sadie was stubborn about her morning walk and wouldn't get in the car for the return trip home from the park this morning. So we both walked home in the rain.  :-\ So much busyness and it wasn't even 8am yet.

Hi Paulie!  ;D

Hi Pink, good to see you... awww prayers for Meg and Kenz. Take care  :-*

Lisa, you should have heard the back and forth between the dogs last night. Dewey would be on the couch with Aly, Sadie was laying in her dog bed in my office, cats in their baskets and Kona was downstairs. They would all yap at each other from their spots, and cats with ears back, would be owl-eyed over the whole chatter.  ;D Once Shannon and Kona was on the road home, Dewey demanded the pet gate to be opened to his downstairs domain, he rushed forward with Sadie following and then the cats. Sniffing like mad and checking out downstairs patio and dog run. Aly and I rushed around vacuuming and changing bedding before I left for the dog park, because Dewey was not happy. LOL! ... it's nice you and your ex SIL are close. That's as it should be, especially if there are children, it's the ties that bind.  :) ... it's looks like a delicious recipe for tonight's dinner. Good luck.

Tsk, Shannon left at 6:30 while it was still dark and just before the rain started. Kona didn't sleep, and fell asleep before they drove up to our security guard gate. I need to get serious about our scale too, a yearly checkup is set in two weeks, at least it's before my birthday  ;D

Phyl, thanks for RRP blog... interesting New Year's food traditions.

T40, awesome photo of eagles visiting Decorah residents! LOL!

Baz, Happy birthday Zippo!🥳

I can’t help but reflect on all the things I’m thankful for as the year comes to a close.
Our Beak family is near and dear to my heart—may we each continue to thrive in the new year.  :-*

Lani, many thanks and chirpy kisses from Zippo for your birdthday wishes to her!  :) :-*  LOLOLOL on all the Doggy Drama!!!  Glad Shannon got back to Mesa while Kona slept and before the rain poured. I wonder if next New Year's Kona might say, "Mom, let's stay home! I think I will be able to handle those fireworks, 'cause being with Sadie and Dewey and Milo and Norman on New Year's Eve was a zoo!!"   ;D ;D ;) ;) :-*