Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 709157 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12255 on: December 16, 2023, 06:15:21 AM »

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2023-12-16-combat-de-bouquetins

https://www.nature365.tv/

That Nature 365  brought back to mind a trip into the Rockies while visiting my Aunt/Uncle for their 50th anniversary.  We took a ride, two cars, up into Rocky Mountain Natl Park, just passing by Estes. It was an hour's entertainment while we watched two bighorn rams in a tete tete.  Too, added thrill was the loud echoes of their horns/antlers hitting one another, filling the quiet canyon walls.  Also, it was in September so beginning of the rutting season.  Casually in the trees behind was the disputed herd of ewes, munching their breakfast. 

Just got a new adventure. . .After putting away Christmas I'm going to start going back thru the picture albums.  I'm guessing 1982.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #12256 on: December 16, 2023, 06:43:59 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....It's Caturday!!!!!!!

kb - What a great gift from your sister. 

tsk - Those cookies would be too pretty to eat.  :D When I got my new HP printer, I could never get it to work with the wireless and gave up. 

karen - Hope the SWFL nest holds up with the storm, and the new female does OK.  I just looked at my weather app, on Monday it says 20 to 30mph winds, gusts up to 40.  And, I need to go across the bridge...ugh!

baz - You and Zippo be safe with the weather headed your way.  Good job on the walks!

Phyl - Cool on seeing the Wreaths Across America trucks in your area, too.  Thanks for the 365. 

Lani - The movers are supposed to be there early this morning.  I hope Aly has a safe trip.

Puff - Morning  :)

Puff

« Reply #12257 on: December 16, 2023, 07:09:35 AM »

Busy, early day for you all, Lisa.  Hope it goes smooth.

I've had my current HP MFP about 3 years now (I'm sure that means it's no longer current).   ::)  I go wireless too.  It's in a side room, HP puter in kitchen.  After this time though I still don't have printing/feeding of envelopes conquered.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12258 on: December 16, 2023, 07:11:21 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

LANI   Long drive for Aly.  Safe travels for her.  We are needing rain as well. Supposedly today and tomorrow  :-\

PHYL   Cute AM Xmas cats  :)  Stark scenery in 365  :o  Good cat pics - "FOOD"  ;D

PUFF   Good winter project- albums.  When we moved into this home - will be 16 years in Jan - I went through all albums from Kodak instamatic days in the 60s 70s up until present day and digital era and took out pics of the nieces, nephews, and sent them their pics.  Pitched everything else.  Now down to one bin of favorites.  :)

LISA  I have the option to connect with wire but have a couple other things to try today first.  Oh No the bridge on a windy day.  Weather might change for the better before then.  :-\
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12259 on: December 16, 2023, 07:34:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's CATURDAY!

Lisa, oh no, does the bridge sway in high winds? I can imagine how scary it would be in one of those blinding rainstorms with high winds, no rain for you I hope!

Phyl, wow on those Alpine Ibexes (yes, I had to look them up!) I don't know how they don't tumble down the hill, but then they are a species of wild goat, notorious for climbing dangerous places with ease! That black cat, so clever with the FOOD! And the cat who does NOT want visitors...LOLOL! 40 here now, we are having 42 for the high and rain today. We need the rain for sure!

Lani, Aly will be on her way soon, I am praying for a safe trip for her and Dewey! I know you are so looking forward to having her home for a while! I looked and it's almost 1100 miles from Medford to Payson, a good 2-day drive!  I had several Hallmark Keepsake ornaments going, year after year, but I finally stopped. It was getting too expensive and I have so many more than could ever fit on the tree! I also have a few ornaments that Erin and Kelsey made in school, they are very special...

E4E, good idea, to write notes on gifted ornaments, because it gets harder and harder for us to remember! I try to remember to write things down in a notebook calendar I have, but often it gets away from me! I was never good with a Daytimer at work, and some couldn't function without it!

baz, sounds like you might have a rough day tomorrow! We are finally getting some rain today, but no high winds! You and Zippo know what to do!

Puff, I need to work on boxes of pictures and all of that too! I have a winter list of about a hundred things I want to do...  ;D

tsk, did you look for any youtube videos to show you how to get it hooked up?

Remember these toy from the 60's?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 07:37:10 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #12260 on: December 16, 2023, 07:46:57 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1735257314158911839

Cheetah Mom proudly shows off her cubs to photographer...Sound ON!

Good Morning!

Phyl - yes they delivered all the food in a temporary cooler with dry ice in it. I carefully disposed of the dry ice and recycled the cooler.

Rained all night long, to continue till around noon. My arborvitaes and shrubs surely appreciate it.

But, today is the day for all the Volunteers to lay wreaths at our Fort Snelling Cemetary. I'm not sure if they do that in the rain or wait till it ends...There are more than 290,000 gravesites here.

Will watch the Vikings game today at noon and make cheese, bacon, tomato sandwiches for brunch. Not opening up the meat in the freezer till tomorrow. Now it's hard to figure out which to make?, LOL

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #12261 on: December 16, 2023, 08:20:32 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12262 on: December 16, 2023, 09:56:14 AM »

CLYNN   LOL  Cat sleeping in the tree  ;D    Thanks for Aly's driving distance - I had wondered about that..  Long drive.
Printer is up and running after a couple different options I tried to get the job done.  I need to challenge my brain to figure things out.  I would have done Youtube if I needed to.  I was very happy.  ;)    Remember all those but never had a troll doll or Spirograph.

KB   Baby cheetah hair whitish on top  :)  Wonder what the photography circumstances were that they were so close.
Saturday game for the Vikings today.  ???   Bet they lay wreaths in the rain - so many to do.

LORI   Good Caturday pics today  ;D

Off to a Xmas brunch pot luck with Tim's sibs and cousin.
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #12263 on: December 16, 2023, 10:26:24 AM »

Good Caturday Morning Beakers

clarification on Claire's last video - When I first posted her videos here, it was under 3 different names.  She was creating content for a corporation originally and left them and started up her own channels.  It was a similar situation as Catman Chris (Cole and Marmelade) without the lawsuits.  So her video was referring to her start with the corporation and then leaving there to start up her own channel.  She is now doing hour long live streams as well as the videos, but the live streams are not subtitled.
Claire also has her own business that makes cat safe products like hand lotion.

The Spirograph is still sold today

What Happens If You Put An Empty Box Near So Many Cats And Kittens?   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es5luPDqbqY

Cats are warm in the Christmas tent   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzfgLUc-tzU

Has this Cat Ruined Christmas?? Caturday Film Club   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoIRqHpyrU8

I noticed that the kids all had on their head sets - then noticed that the drums did not have the mufflers on them...
Quarantine Kids play "Tusk"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF-GLA_xEGM

An original written by Savio...
A Soldier's Christmas - Cotton Pickin Kids   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm6KmP0BR4E

"O Holy Night" - Sister Duet - Lucy & Martha Thomas   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK1f81j6iuk
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #12264 on: December 16, 2023, 10:46:59 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....It's Caturday!!!!!!!
karen - Hope the SWFL nest holds up with the storm, and the new female does OK. 
I just looked at my weather app, on Monday it says 20 to 30mph winds, gusts up to 40.  And, I need to go across the bridge...ugh!

Be very careful driving around on Monday Lisa.
The weather is going to be a real mess down there in the D.C. area along with all the heavier than normal 'holiday traffic'.  ::)
https://www.weather.gov/media/phi/current_briefing.pdf
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12265 on: December 16, 2023, 11:13:46 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #12266 on: December 16, 2023, 12:41:41 PM »

Puff - I have not mastered the printing/feeding of envelopes, either. 

clynn - The only time I have felt the bridge sway was when I was stopped on top for an accident.  So, it must have a lil give in it.  They do stop traffic from crossing when the wind gusts get too high.  I loved Spirograph. 

kb - Your cheese, bacon, and tomato sandwiches sound delicious!

Lori - Great winter Caturday pics!

tsk - Enjoy your Xmas brunch pot luck with Tim's sibs and cousin.  WTG, on getting the printer up and running!

oldguy - LOL, that last Caturday pic!  Thanks for the videos.

BL - Thank you!  :)

Lani - Love that morning pic, reminds me of Bandit.  ;D

kbshcb

« Reply #12267 on: December 16, 2023, 01:24:33 PM »

Just read a community post wondering why Highway 494 was stopped both directions. Answer: Wreaths across America. Yeah!. Am guessing they waited till the rain ended, earlier than thought to end and now they are on full board!.. Highway 494 gets to the Cemetery.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12269 on: December 16, 2023, 04:05:00 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY, BEAKERS!  :D

I walked 54 minutes today. Yay. I won't be walking tomorrow - weather!  ;)

Lani, your Caturday Cat with the Candy Cane!  Yikes!!  :o  It makes Stephen King's Pet Sematary come to mind.  ;D ;D ;D  I didn't get a chance to watch, but I see the KU Jayhawks won their game against Indiana today - whew! a close one! My Tarheels play Kentucky at 5:30, eastern... in Atlanta... I hope my Heels will prevail!
GO HEELS!!  :D

Clynn, glad you're getting some needed rain.  I loved roller skating when I was a kid. My skates looked exactly like the ones in your picture.  :)  Memory song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTMTflcuug  :D

Karen, I hope you and Piper don't get any severe weather, and tell Piper, "No swimming in the backyard pool!"  ;) :D

Lisa, our bridges close when the wind gets above a certain point, too. If it's bad, I hope you won't press your luck just because you have a plan for tomorrow.   You can always put your back-up plan in place.  And have a back-up plan.  ;)  Sometimes, even important plans have to take a back seat, so I hope you don't apologize if your good judgment says it's safer to change your plans. You all take care, and I hope the weather won't turn out to be that bad for you. Fingers crossed!  :)

TSK, YAYAY! You got that persnickety printer working!  Congrats! Hope you cranked up the song, "I Am Woman!"  Sing it loud and proud!!  :D ;) :D

Remember the women who went to work in so-called "men's jobs" during WWII...  They showed 'em!!  I bet you looked like this while you were getting your printer to work...
   ;D

Photo captioned, "An electronics technician at the Goodyear Aircraft Corporation in Akron, Ohio. 1941," from, "Rare Historical Photos" - at:
https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/women-workers-photos-usa-world-war-two/

Waving to All the Beakers!!  :D

« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 04:14:20 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center