Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 698525 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12285 on: December 17, 2023, 07:36:01 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

PHYL  Your Kitty and the hanging balls - " If only...."  ;)  Great close-sps on the ibex 365

KB  I might have to try that bacon tomato and cheddar sandwich.  Sounds good.  ;)

BL   Good weather map.  We've had rain all day yesterday and continuing today.  I recognized Pip in that Pine Meadow lake pic  ;) ;)     What a fun memory of grandma, grandkids and sandwich bar.   ;D

LANI  Sweet good night gif.  Kisses for Aly and Dewey  :-*

OLDGUY   Stairway to Heaven parody  ;D  Clever.

LISA  Love the topper in the coffee mug.  :)   The move is done!  yay - Now to get settled in .  :)
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12286 on: December 17, 2023, 08:08:07 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I was busy most of the day yesterday, got all my holiday goodies, ended the night with the pizzelles around 11:00. Have to get goodie boxes put together and ready to mail to my sisters tomorrow. And to the gals across the street who will be taking care of Harley while we are gone to Moms. Leaving Friday morning, back home 27th or 28th. Erin's will be here around 3 or 4:00 for chili and cheddar bay biscuits and to open presents! Still have some to wrap!

Lisa, I bet Bradley and family are glad to be moved in finally!  The kittens have a lot to explore! How was your trip across the bridge?

oldguy, thanks for the cat version of Stairway to Heaven, very well done! And thanks for all the good stuff earlier, still watching...  ;D

Lani, I bet you are excited to see Ali and Dewey walk through the door! Sadie's tail will be wagging non-stop! Looks like rain all around Christmas here and at Mom's as well! A Wet Christmas, not a White Christmas! Love those good night cats!

BL, wonderful memories of good times with grandparents...I can almost see and hear the scene you describe! 100+ keeping warm and having a good time. Wish the world could have more of that...  Pip looking good sitting on that bluff amidst all that beauty! And I am sure she only added to it!

karen, already hatch watch at SWFL? Where does time go!

E4E, love it when we get a nice day amongst the cold weather, good time to get a couple of yard chores done! I remember getting a transistor radio for Christmas, I think 7th or 8th grade, it was WOW! Music wherever you wanted it!  Much simpler times... my sister and I got one main present, which Dad often hid til the very end. I would wake Cathy up in the wee hours and we would sneak a look at the Christmas tree to see what Santa had left!

Phyl, I will put my chili on around noon, I like to let it simmer for a few hours. Then I will get the Cheddar Bay Biscuits ready to bake around 3:00. I don't have a written recipe for my chili, and I always use Gebhardt Chili Powder. It's what Mom always used and all three of us girls use it exclusively. No one carries it around here and we used to have Cathy (in TX) get it for us, but now I can get it on line! What can't you get online these days? Last year when I was at Mom's we went through some old boxes. We found this box, it was Becky's. She was never into Barbie, but she had a Ken and 3 Midge dolls. This is how we found it and this is just how I mailed it to her... Symbolic?  ;D

tsk, a rainy Christmas for a lot of us! I think we would be buried if it was snow instead of rain!

Phyl, great 365 on the Ibex's. They certainly look well fed!

baz, the tree fainted, glad the cat notified someone! My tree fainted a few years back, but no cat was anywhere to be seen!  Thanks for the roller skate song! I also remember my dad using the wheels off of some old skates and making us skateboards. We were happy campers!

Erin and Bella making cookies at Sydney's Mom's house yesterday.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #12287 on: December 17, 2023, 08:40:12 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1736377190202085770

LOL!...what's this little boy saying?...I maybe listened 10 times and still can't make it out ;) ;)
Mom gets it though: "Yeah, you don't say"

January 2023 Minnehaha Falls Minneapolis

December 2023 same falls!

Morning all.

karengramke

« Reply #12288 on: December 17, 2023, 08:42:15 AM »

Good  morning!   Still getting rain and the back yard is flooded!  Lots of places for Piper to swim but she said it is too chilly for that!   Supposed to rain until 10 and then stop and a hour around 3 but it will stop!  Flood watch in town.  Winds are to stop at 1,  have not noticed them.  Very dark and gloomy!  All in all, not as bad as was predicted and hopefully that will hold for the northeast!
Early this am, F23 was on the veranda drying off and Mighty M was incubating his precious eggs!  No apparent nest or tree damage there.  No sign of a pip either!
Cute parody Old Guy!
Pretty Christmas house Tsk!   Good news on the printer.   
Phyl, you mention a lot of collectibles from time to time!  Good you have them.  I can smell your chili here and may have a bowl!   Think maybe Clynn is making some today as well!
Lani, Hope Aly and Dewey had a good rest and good chance to stretch their legs before making the last half of the drive!
Bl, lovely picture with Pip almost hidden and great sounding time with Grandma and delicious food!  I want some of it!
Lisa, glad to hear, mission accomplished on the move!   What is your forecast for the bridge to orrow?
Baz, sorry about the heels!  Maybe next time!  Stay dry!

karengramke

« Reply #12289 on: December 17, 2023, 08:54:50 AM »

Lol!  Bella will be apoearing on the food channel next!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12290 on: December 17, 2023, 10:18:03 AM »

some bounce
Hi all...

We go to the farm to pick up our tree today.  :D

BL..  :)

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12291 on: December 17, 2023, 11:10:41 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #12292 on: December 17, 2023, 11:46:23 AM »

Phyl - Cute morning candy cane greeting.  Thanks for the 365.

tsk - I love that cuppa this morning, too. 

clynn - I felt the same way as Becky about Barbie's...LOL!  Awww, sweet Erin & Bella making cookies.  Hope you all have a great day today!

karen - Looks like the winds might hold off till I make it back from my appointment across the bridge (fingers crossed)

tig - Have fun getting your tree.

Lani - Morning  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12293 on: December 17, 2023, 01:09:44 PM »

CLYNN   Cute idea for that chick a dee with seeds in the muffin paper.  You are one busy lady!!  Enjoy the day with Erin et al.   LOLOL  On the box to Becky.    Yes for sure you would not even have a trip to Mom's if this were snow.  I'm grateful for your safer trip.    Love how Bella is still tiny enough to sit on the counter to make cookies   ;D   Good job decorating too  ;D

KB    LOL  I call it the beginning of language  for that little guy  ;D   Love the Minnehaha Jan/Dec 2023 - That 22-23 winter was pretty rough.

TIG   Hope it is a nice day to tree hunt  :)

OH LANI   I don't know where you are finding these "religious" pups .  So funny
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #12294 on: December 17, 2023, 03:17:49 PM »

It's a Minnesota thing!

Heated igloo dining in Hastings, MN.

tsk - yes, I'm knocking on wood going forward this winter...the guys who had contracts for snow plowing this year are making up for last year!....I only do it( call Andrew for snowplow) as needed type of thing, but plan on using my snowblower for anything over 3 inches...

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12295 on: December 17, 2023, 03:43:38 PM »

bounce
The tree farm is 20 minutes away. It took only 2 hours to get tree, put in stand, water and clean up. It is a smaller tree, so easier to transport and handle. I'll make minor adjustments to it's configuration in the morning after the branches relax. Her name is Susan Kare... a Canaan fir.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12296 on: December 17, 2023, 04:24:09 PM »

Howdy Beakers!

All good here - rain and wind and watches and warnings of all types abound... so far, so good... fingers crossed.
My expression after my team's game was over yesterday:   ??? :( :P ::)
At least the Chiefs won today!! Yay!  (Sorry Pats fans.)  Not sorry!   ;D ;D 8)

Thunderstorms here, so I'm signing off and unplugging this PC. Even though it's plugged in to a surge protector, I still unplug it from the wall when severe thunderstorms and tornadoes lurk.

Stay safe, All, and have a wonderful evening. Peace. SED.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12297 on: December 17, 2023, 05:17:21 PM »

Tsk enjoyed your AM greeting, pets to Lulu

CLynn Gosh! You've been busy! Great photos of Erin/Bella at MILs, cookes look yummy ; Sounds like good chili tonight  My brother actually bought skate board wheels and made the boards in wood shop whille in HS. Had the most fun with my own board and spent the summer  'side walk surf'n'.  ;D ;D  So glad no snow for your trip next Friday. Won't Becky be surprized

KB baby talk-jibber-jabber. One of these days it willl make perfect sense--- Mom has smart anwser. Those f rozen MN water falls---Brrrr! Igloo dinning in MN   :)

Karen having left-over chili tonight with shredded iceberg lettuce salad and HV Ranch Avacado dressing chopped romas and tortilla chips. Have a bowl set aside.

Tig will you  post a snap of your tree all 'done up"?Thanks

Bazi good idea to unplug the PC inspite of surge protector. Be safe and SEDs later. Keep Zippo in the room w/you while you sleep?

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Puff

« Reply #12298 on: December 17, 2023, 05:17:26 PM »

Igloo dining - that's a new, cute idea.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12299 on: December 17, 2023, 05:28:45 PM »

KB  Igloo dining here in the City as well...Can Google the 10 best  LOL  I've never done it however.

TIG  Can't wait to see a Caanan fir.  How is it different?  They name them?

BAZI  Take care - thanks for checking in.

PUFF   Just google Igloo dining in Chicago - You will be surprised.  I only heard of it last year.

Set up my puzzle table and have the border done on a 500 piece puzzle  - kitties.  Had the Bear game on - I think this is the third time they played like real pros leading and losing in the last few minutes!  :P
Chicagoland