Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 578859 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11235 on: November 15, 2023, 06:29:45 PM »

Tsk a crust-less pumpkin pie? 

CLynn I too need to do a quick clean on the fridge as it doesn't get too bad; nice Autumns this AM; interesting story about  failed Depression Era Ridgely Farmers State Bank ; you have a lotta oak leaves

Old Guy  Heartbreaking for  Grindavik.   A real disaster loosing  an entire town. .  Glad there's time to salvage valuables and rescue animals; moose was really funny--- intoxicated

Puff replay info on NN/NND will check it out later; sounds like you got lots accomplished

Lani  those owl chicks are adorable
BL  {{{B}}} cats have that 6th sense about everything  ;)

Lisa got your Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving ?  Although, tradition does have  it up at Thanksgiving .  ???

E4 E nice Autumn view today;  thanks  for remembering  about today.

Got a text message from Lowe's last evening with a Wednesday delivery  window of 1:15pm-5:15 pm . So as I mentioned we got busy last night and moved some things out of the way to make things easier for everyone.  This AM, I was just getting Maggie her  BP meds about 8:40 and my iPhone rang. It was the Lowes guys letting me know they'd be here within the hour. That was  alright as I was set for everything.
When they arrived I did a check of the truck to make sure the correct item was on the truck, it was.

However ...when the drive got upstairs and pulled my broken washer out he found water in the back along where the hoses and outlets were it needed wiping up...to my surprise  he tore off a wad of paper towels and cleaned it up. Which was wonderful. He cleaned his shoes on an  a big blotter as he left the room.

But the washer still had a good bit of water inside between the tub and appliance walls. There was no way to avoid spillage as careful as the guys were using
the harness and  support bands underneath the appliance. The hall carpet was soaked, again.  The risers on the stairs had  large wet blotches all the way down into the living room. I ended up blotting the water up and got the Bissell Little Green to clean/disinfect the stairs and back up to the hall doing the same  there. Once carpet was dry enough to walk on ---I brought the  Swiffer Wet Jet mop up and  mopped  w/ disinfecting liquid the laundry room floor . Once dry I began moving the laundry sorter/organizer (on  locking wheels) back in and the laundry basket of used bath towels, bag of our bed sheets/duvet cover. Put a load  in and etc.
 Went down stairs to finish with the carpet in front of the door.
 In short, unavoidably, I ended up doing the same work and then some as I did Wednesday. Didn't  get finish until 3pm.
But, it's all clean and back in order.  Had to laugh at myself because  as I  worked, I kept going back  up stairs to check on the  new washer.  :-[

« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 06:48:19 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11236 on: November 15, 2023, 06:39:37 PM »

"Good Evening' and SEDs Everyone !                                    

#IstandwithEvan

oldguy

« Reply #11237 on: November 15, 2023, 07:06:44 PM »

Hello Beakers

Phyl - congrats on the successful replacement of you washer.  :)

This week the store is getting all Christmas product on the floor - nothing in overstock.  One more week until Thanksgiving.  Black Friday product will begin to show up on the floor starting Monday at full retail price - everything is in place by close on Wed. and the sale prices go up before we open on Friday.  So a very busy week coming up...
I am working Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun.

My front door has been pealing paint for over a year now - spent Monday and today scaping and painting - looks like new again...

Couple Realizes Why Their Cat Keeps Screaming At Them | The Dodo   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9GUSe0o328

Hungry kitten living on the street talks to me(CC)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E62auBE0IFY

Jelly Roll Morton The Finger Breaker by Dick Hyman   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzcsArJYYfs

Quarantine Kids play "Never Been to Spain"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slVKmXjlxa4
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 07:14:13 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #11238 on: November 15, 2023, 08:47:41 PM »

Glad things are clean, dry and home to a working washer Phyl!  Here is to many years of good. Service!
Old Guy!   You are working hard over the holiday,  here is to great sales!
Baz, probably will not get that gadget for the water heater!  Lol.  Not to worry!
Temps will begin to crawl back to the 70’s! I am happy about that but, not shorts weather!  Lol.
Hope all have a great night and wii see you in the am.
Seds

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11239 on: November 15, 2023, 09:17:11 PM »

LisaG - How are you all doing over there?  You are quiet.  Okay, just read you are decorating your Christmas tree!!  Wow! good for you.  I finished wrapping all the gifts I have so far - so I am ahead of the game! ;)     We've only gotten a smidge of rain today  :(

Lani - I was wondering how a gluten free pie would taste! :-\

Phyl - Wow, what a very busy day you had with receiving your new Washer!  You sure did a great job of mopping up after the other Washer was being hauled out.  Nice that all that work and mopping up is behind you and hopefully you can just enjoy doing your laundry with your new Washer!! :)

Og - Your store is definitely getting prepared for the big sale!!  Looks like you will be working some longer hours!   Loved the Quarantine Kids singing Never Been To Spain! ;D

Karen - You & Piper have a good night.

Beakers have a nice evening & sleep well.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11240 on: November 15, 2023, 10:38:52 PM »

Lisa, yes, gluten free pumpkin pie taste different to me. Also, it depends on the type of flour for the crust. Aly finally settled on Almond Flour. She uses organic honey instead of sugar... Which is pretty good for most baked goods. Mike loves Aly's apple muffins... so good.  ;D .. what! You've put your tree up! And Eagle has been wrapping Christmas gifts.... I feel so behind. LOL!!  ;D

Phyl, Congratulations on your new washer, what a relief it must be to have old one out, new one in!

Oldguy, you're always working hard..... good luck for next week's sale! ... awww Donut, that makes perfect sense why he cries so loud. Its wonderful he has such loving and fun parents.  :-* ... Mike loves Jazz and enjoyed Dick Hyman... poor hungry kitty, I hope they took him home.

SED Karen and Piper

Eagles, I didn't like the crust Aly made the pie with, now she's settled on Almond Flour and instead of Splenda sugar, she uses organic honey which is so much better. I do not like no gluten pizza. Aly's tried all kinds of flour for the crust, and it just doesn't work for me. But, bless her, I'll eat it for her and not say a peep.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #11241 on: November 16, 2023, 06:22:38 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !   

Currently 52F     High  76F  mostly sunny,  Low 51 F  clear skies.

It is a relief to have the washing machine 'fiasco' behind me. I did 5 loads yesterday. Have another 5 planned for today over to Friday.

Old Guy
always enjoy QKids; awwww Donut---just couldn't watch 'hungry kitten' knowing it's still living off the street or worse.  :'( >:( :( :'(

Lani sweet sleeping doggie; I'd think almond flour would be 'sweet' tasting? Which would be good idea for gluten free desserts, suppose.

E4E very much like your cozy living room 'Good Night'

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 06:44:59 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11242 on: November 16, 2023, 06:23:41 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11244 on: November 16, 2023, 06:40:05 AM »

'Time's finally up': Impending Iceland eruption is part of centuries-long volcanic pulse

Iceland's Reykjanes Peninsula is now in a new era of volcanic eruptions that will last for up to 500 years, and the building magma beneath Sundhnúkur and Grindavík is part of this millenia-long cycle.

https://www.livescience.com/planet-earth/volcanos/times-finally-up-impending-iceland-eruption-is-part-of-centuries-long-volcanic-pulse?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=FE065AA2-F1DC-45D3-A785-35465FA9C723&utm_source=SmartBrief

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #11245 on: November 16, 2023, 06:43:15 AM »

This is Monty, peering around the curtain at his Venetian Cousins.

Probably one of the more interesting articles I have read in awhile below:

Elephants have and give names to each other. Those low rumbles out of human hearing ability are discovered by researchers. And, not just mimikry.

https://www.zmescience.com/ecology/animals-ecology/elephant-name-rumble-calls/

Early morning all.
Getting busy early to mow the back. With Chris' help we can move the mower down the steps and steep hill to finish. Will run out of gas when done and store.

This year I am going to pull up out of storage my working snow blower and leave in the garage so if and when a biggy comes I am not totally reliant on Andrew's plow.

Will watch a you tube video to learn how to turn it on. It has an electric start as well. Was maintained while Scott was alive and if I can start it I know how to use it.

Watch, now we won't get any snow this year!...LOL. El Nino looks to be a hardy one this year and may continue well into spring.
Later

Phyl

« Reply #11246 on: November 16, 2023, 06:47:42 AM »

Good Morning!

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Nov 16, 2023 6:25 AM
Camera Time: Nov 16, 2023 6:24 AM CST
Birchwoman

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 06:49:39 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11247 on: November 16, 2023, 06:49:13 AM »

The Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View looks short of identical  to  The Flyway this morning
Nov 16, 2023 6:29 AM
Camera Time: Nov 16, 2023 6:28 AM CST
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11248 on: November 16, 2023, 06:56:28 AM »

HI BEAKERS

PHYL   Getting my turkey on Friday - will check for pies  ;) ;)   Well check that project off the list!!!  Guess I'm lucky with my w/d in a mud room you enter from the garage all on the main level.  Not much room to maneuver tho.   Something very peaceful about wetlands 365    Serene flyway today.

OLDGUY   Awww  Deaf kitty story.   Jelly Roll - that is really fast piano playing. :o  This week will fly by for you.  Save energy for Sat night cards  ;)

EAGLES   Cozy pic last night.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11249 on: November 16, 2023, 07:38:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, beautiful sunrise views of the Flyway and the Mississippi from the GSB! Will be reading the Iceland and Thanksgiving articles after I get this post done... I bet you are so relieved to get the new washing machine all set and working! Wow, you have been washing loads like a Chinese Laundry! I bet you are washing everything in sight!  The 365 says 'winter is coming'.

kb, very interesting about the elephants! You sure do a lot of physical work around your house, I don't know how you manage it all!

Lani, almond flour is good, at least what I have tried. Great idea to use honey instead of Splenda! I am where you are, have not done anything for Christmas yet. We usually get the Christmas decor out right after Thanksgiving. Erin's are coming here for Thanksgiving dinner this Sunday, since they will be in Florida with Sydney's Dad for Thanksgiving. The fresh turkey breasts arrived Monday at the grocery store, so I am all set. I found a sweet potato crock pot recipe I want to try,  https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/slow-cooker-sweet-potato-casserole/f7a859d6-c5e9-4f86-891c-dcea461a11041ZXRlNR

tsk, so is your Thanksgiving guest list final? I have my traditional menu planned for Sunday, Bella says I have to make mac'n'cheese too! Pecan and French Coconut pies.

E4E, I love wrapping presents and I have enough wrapping paper that I will leave some in my will...  ;D ;D ;D

oldguy, love the video of Donut the cat, what a fun family! Be sure and eat your Wheaties, you will be busy for a couple of months!

Lisa, good for you, you have your tree up already!  I bet there will be lots of presents for Sydney under the tree, I bet you have some purchased already...

SWFL Eagles - Legacy of Harriet, M15 & Lady F23  · 11-15-2023     Heyyyy my lady........🎵Let's Get It On🎵 ♥

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 08:11:39 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown