Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 533974 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10290 on: October 18, 2023, 06:05:17 AM »

Today is...National Missouri Day

Missouri is home to the tallest arch in the world
The Gateway Arch in St. Louis is the tallest arch in the world, reaching 630 feet high.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10291 on: October 18, 2023, 06:07:47 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Wednesday !   

Currently 41F  fog;   High  73F sunny,  Low 41 F   

KB got it! Tks. . Miss your animals in the AM

BL tks for tunes from Willie and Ray---another pair of music greats. Wow---Willie and son in a duet. Wonderful.

T40 finally had time to sit down and have a gander at the Ancient Earth Globe. Far out! Thanks. I know some folks who'd enjoy this.

Prayers for:    Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.
  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10293 on: October 18, 2023, 06:10:42 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

October 16, 2023: NestFlix and news from Decorah, Decorah North, and the Flyway
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/10/16/october-16-2023-nestflix-and-news-from-decorah-decorah-north-and-the-flyway/

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10294 on: October 18, 2023, 07:29:03 AM »

CLYNN  Safe trip today and have a ton of fun.

PHYL  Poor Linus  ;) ;)   Very handsome great gray owl   Thanks for Amy's blog - HM out on the limb that breaks was good.  Cam ops have a difficult time - but do a great job at trying to track a flying bird  :o

LANI  Cute sweater on the good night pup  ;D
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10295 on: October 18, 2023, 07:50:07 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, thanks, I think we will have a lot of fun in Dallas (actually Rockville)! We will be making it memorable for Mon, she will be 89 soon 11/1. She is staying at Cathy's until after her birthday, which another good thing"!

Phyl, thanks for bringing Amy's Blog here, love reading it! Beautiful 365 too!  The little witch blowing bubbles looks like it could be Bella! Yay for Missouri, next door to Illinois!  I have lived in Sedalia, Jefferson City and Columbia MO and have canoed the Current River and vacationed at Lake of the Ozarks many times. I have been up in the Gateway Arch! Here is a picture of inside the top and a view of Downtown ST. Louis.

Lani, oh that cute little tired puppy in his spikey sweater...

BL, thanks for Willie and Luke's video, a beautiful song!

Appalachian Americans ยท Well guys we got our first snow of the season last night and there was no way I was going to miss it! It was freezing cold, and my hands were shaking so bad. We had light dusting and some hoar frost. Roan Mountain, October 16, 2023

Tamarack Wildlife Center - Happy National Opossum Day!
While there is some debate over celebrating this day on October 17th vs. 18th, we compromise and believe that Virginia Opossums should be celebrated EVERY day! Each year, Tamarack treats between 200 and 300 opossums. Most of those patients are orphans rescued when they lose their mother.
This Fall, we are happy to welcome our newest education Ambassador Opossum, Tammy! Tammy is missing part of her tail, which in the wild would be vital for maintaining balance and stability while climbing, and collecting and carrying nesting materials
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #10296 on: October 18, 2023, 08:38:06 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - I would guess you could call it a smart meter....it is computerized, and no one comes out to actually read it.  Our water meter is the same way, done by a blue tooth reader, but the town public works guy is the one who comes out and does that. Our water reading is always high too, for just two people. 

Lani - I just checked my Quicken for last years bill at this time.  It was $189 compared to the $231 this month.  Nothing has changed on what I do here daily, but inflation and that is quite a hike for electric if that is the case. Awww, LOVE the making memories!

T40 - Very cool!

Phyl - Love the Halloween figurine, and thanks!

BL - Thanks for the tunes.

baz - Waving at ya!

tsk - Cute morning greeting!

clynn - Wow, snow already in NC?

Happy belated birthday Lindy!

kbshcb

« Reply #10297 on: October 18, 2023, 10:34:43 AM »

A Hermit Thrush in NYC fueling up for it's fall migration..

As you all know I'm a big fan of plants/shrubs with berries on them vs. bird feeders which in my area just attract MORE rabbits, squirrels, mice and more..

Lisa - gotcha...made me think back to oh maybe over a decade ago when so called smart products became a thing. Me thinks we all started saying they should be called dumb products instead. Cause who do they benefit?...not you and me...LOL..junk in/ junk out..with lots of misused data..

clynndunn

« Reply #10298 on: October 18, 2023, 10:38:14 AM »

Lisa, that is a big jump for electric, especially when this last month was not as hot as it has been!

Take a look at this!   https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/houses-buried-under-tumbleweed-as-strong-gusts-impact-central-montana/vi-AA1ip17H

10/18/2000 in West Des Moines

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10299 on: October 18, 2023, 11:07:08 AM »

some bounce
It felt good to be back to the pool today after all those days off.

Thanx for the updates from Decorah.

Sharing my view last evening while awaiting burger flipping time.  8)

HAGD

BTW... we have been notified they will be installing smart electric meters here soon.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #10300 on: October 18, 2023, 11:47:53 AM »

tig - Contrast!

This is just last year, Oct. 14, 2022...this is my front yard tree.,,

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10301 on: October 18, 2023, 12:11:48 PM »

Morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, it's a dinosaur outfit on the pup!  ;D

Clynn, love your morning pics!... heavy frost for the Appalachian hills, high elevation. The same has been here in Flagstaff, parts of Pine, Pinetop.... awww Tammy Ambassador Opossum  :-*... that's a dinosaur outfit on the pup.... ugh, the tumbleweeds  :( ... Safe travels  :-*

Lisa, that's a big increase, your Basic service charge, taxes, service fees has probably increased. That's what I keep track of on the back of my bills. So, when our utilities want to make changes we are an informed voter at election time. And they always want to make changes.  :(   ... Jaspurr sent me a photo of Daisy and Katspurr (Piper) they've grown! Daisy looks like her mom from the side view.  ;D

Kb, sweet pic.

Tig, lovely, peaceful view.  :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 12:27:28 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10302 on: October 18, 2023, 01:25:25 PM »

CLYNN  You should be an honorary citizen of Mo.   ;) ;)  Snow already in the Appalachians  :o :o   I wonder if folks knew that when they moved/built in that neighborhood.  Someone could make a mint finding another use for the tumbleweed and selling it  LOL   Had to look twice at the date but I know it can snow pretty early here in the Midwest.  Those were my rollers until the pink ones with the snap on top came out.

TIG  Nice view.

KB  Little did you know what that early snow would portend  LOL
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #10303 on: October 18, 2023, 02:49:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/reel/989094725495965/?s=groups_tab&__cft__[0]=AZWX6l2I0u_CPHZDpYKl8aHX8dT0ZO2YYXfMdtLFbdTNFqxViZEpDYnmCpEDECKXKgUNXjS2AJKn_ilCD0dQ2pIDqWDjRpgaUKnTq9bzbSRajDnYMrRuNBoITCzOU5EOg6pQXsnXhbSvG7S0gYMTGtytUsBRXBG-sM13_xvHdQE1j1EXZwmwEoQUbCBO1uPw7wZaQscGlmr__QLDGo8cMYsB&__cft__[1]=AZWX6l2I0u_CPHZDpYKl8aHX8dT0ZO2YYXfMdtLFbdTNFqxViZEpDYnmCpEDECKXKgUNXjS2AJKn_ilCD0dQ2pIDqWDjRpgaUKnTq9bzbSRajDnYMrRuNBoITCzOU5EOg6pQXsnXhbSvG7S0gYMTGtytUsBRXBG-sM13_xvHdQE1j1EXZwmwEoQUbCBO1uPw7wZaQscGlmr__QLDGo8cMYsB&__tn__=H-R]-R

6 Moose captured by Katie Slanga at the Gunflint Trail in MN..
2 cows, 2 sets of twins, and one bull...

clynndunn

« Reply #10304 on: October 18, 2023, 03:23:22 PM »

kb, very interesting clip of the Mooses! Meece?

tsk, I thought the tumbleweed invasion was so funny!  Wonder how they get rid of them. Yes, those hair rollers!  Did you ever do this, roll your hair on metal orange juice cans!  I did!

Heading to the airport, BBL!