Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1031660 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10320 on: October 19, 2023, 06:47:22 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Thursday !   

Currently 55F  fog;   High  73F sunny,  Low 54 F  clear skies.

CLynn  You sound so excited about this visit.   ;)  I hope you can take some snaps.My mom used the those 'brush' rollers/pin.
 Enjoyed all the gords and veg this AM
I have been to and  inside the Missouri Gateway Arch after  climbing the many stairs...the view is awesome.
Tamarack Wildlife Center - Happy National Opossum Day! I cornered  a possum one evening---mom and Jim were right, they hiss like a cat!

KB  great action shot of Hermit Thrush, NYC and the moose  won't open

Tig now I'm wondering about the 'smart'  meters

E4E  colorful kitties

Karen relieved that your eyeballs are doing better

Prayers for:    Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.
 All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 06:52:03 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10323 on: October 19, 2023, 07:41:17 AM »

GOOD MORNING

KB  Think the vid is gone - Could not find it

KAREN   Hope the eyes are better after some sleep  :-*

EAGLES   LOL  One day might as well be a week   :o ::)  Glad it was a good time. :)

LANI  Don't think I remember two bears in the same den.  Interesting.  That fox is so cute.

PHYL  Awesome 365  Beautiful time of the year.   I do not doubt that I misremember a lot of events  :o :o ::) ::)

Finally the coat give away today.  My shift 9:30 to 12:30  See you all later

Interesting to note - We found as as were sorting coats the other day a beautiful child's winter jacket - Maybe for a 3 or 4 yr old.  Price tag still on $538.00 - a Coach!!!    They will not put it on the rack but instead use it as a raffle item

HAPPY 49th ANNIVERSARY CLYNN AND ED

Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #10324 on: October 19, 2023, 08:11:21 AM »

Clynn and Ed...

...wishing you both a very Happy 49th Wedding Anniversary. And, many more to come.

Sauces bald eagle cam

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10325 on: October 19, 2023, 10:08:27 AM »

some bounce

Happy Anniversary Clynn and Ed !!!

Sprinkling day... lawn treatment, trees, garden. Off to Cub later to pick up an Amazon delivery, grab a few plastic bags for car refuse, maybe some salads from the deli for supper.

HAGD and Keep Looking Up!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #10326 on: October 19, 2023, 10:27:15 AM »

If you have time, hop on a stool at Cheers and read Pauline's report of the Elk herd or harem that appeared outside her pa. Mountain cabin porch!  Great report on a beautiful experience!   Posted yesterday.
Vet came by yesterday with a plant for me!  A big red cup with a kalanchalo and a little ivy!   She plays with piper who is always excited to see her!

Tsk, I cannot imagine someone not using that beautiful coat!  Great for an auction!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10327 on: October 19, 2023, 11:00:12 AM »

Happy 49th Anniversary Clynn and Ed! Peace, harmony and love be with you both today and always!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugrAo8wEPiI

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #10328 on: October 19, 2023, 11:01:29 AM »

I don't know what to say y'all about not seeing this photographer's picture, same one who shot the video of the 6 moose together, Katie Slanga...I still see it but oh well, I tried..

Mowed my steep back hill, mulched in the leaves, and finished just before the rain started, whew.
I have one more silver maple to drop in back...but it drops straight down.

Have a great Thursday.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10329 on: October 19, 2023, 11:42:42 AM »

Royal Albatross - 10/19
10/19 Do you know who Button is?

The Ranger team is pleased to announce that the legendary Button and his mate OYW have returned to Taiaroa Head for another attempt at breeding this season.
Please read Sharyn's update below.
Image by Chris McCormack of Button's return in 2021

Buttons/BOR

Morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, A few years ago, when Lucky was younger he spent his winters with Ted in his chalet. Sweet Ted was very sad when Lucky outgrew his affection for him. Then Dr Rogers had to separate the two bears.... great idea for a raffle item! Take care  :-*.  Prayers for those who will seek comfort and warmth from your coats! 🙏🏽.

Tig, have a good day  :)

Kb, gorgeous moose... either my firewall or Adblock doesn't allow it. I don't know why can't watch your video. Sorry.

Karen, Yes, I just read Paulie's post that you suggested.What an awesome experience! I'll send her a pm. ;D The autumn season for Bulls to gather their Harem (cows) and young (calf) by bugling, baby making time... There are a few hundred herds of elk here in Rim Country... We hear the bugling call of the bulls in the early morning or late evening hours. Sadly, autumn and spring are the times elk can get hit crossing the highways. So, whether hiking or driving we need to be more aware of our surroundings.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 02:14:04 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #10330 on: October 19, 2023, 11:54:56 AM »

Tsk Wow! A 'Coach'---as a raffle item .  ;)  Someone will buy lots of tickets for that one.

Karen Paulie's post about the elk in her front yard is fantastic.  It's a 'must read'.

KB many thanks for posting the moose photo. He's awesome looking.

Tig  HAGD

Sauces bald eagle cam

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10331 on: October 19, 2023, 12:41:25 PM »

This strawberry shortcake has three layers of soft and fluffy vanilla cake, filled with delicious fresh strawberry compote, and frosted with light cream cheese whipped frosting!

https://youtu.be/kVgKio0z1hY?feature=shared

1974 Jungle Boogie https://youtu.be/-BM5wPOe0xQ?feature=shared
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 01:02:59 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10332 on: October 19, 2023, 01:46:43 PM »

KAREN   You have a wonderful vet as a friend.  How nice.  Will go pull up a stool in cheers as directed.

LANI  Imagine - one of the best songs ever written.  Now that story of Button is a real Ancestry!!  WOW
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #10333 on: October 19, 2023, 02:58:11 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Catching up! 

tsk - Wow, on the Coach jacket!  That is a great idea to raffle it off!

karen - I hope your eyes are ok today.  I get a bad headache in my eyes when I get them dilated. 

E4E - I am going to look into it, if it goes up this month with another month of no AC usage.

Lani - Thanks for the bear study update.  Beautiful pics from Brooks Falls.

Phyl - Glad you got your internet back.  Thanks for the 365.

tig
- You sounds like you have a busy day ahead.

kb - Beautiful pic of the moose.

Lori - Hey girl...how are ya?

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, clynn & Ed

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10334 on: October 19, 2023, 03:31:45 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :D

KB, Very nice still photo of the moose by Katie Slinga. I also can't view that Katie Slinga FB video using that link to the That's So Minnesota FB page - I get the same error message others have mentioned. I went to the That's So Minnesota FB page, and it says that it is a Private Group, and only group members can view the member list and what they post there...
         ... BUT... I found the KARE11 public FB page (they're a TV station in Minnesota), and I saw a reference to them sometimes posting the videos from the That's So Minnesota FB private group. So, on the KARE11 public FB page, I searched and found a 13-second video by Katie Slinga there, with the caption, "6 moose. I literally can not believe it." Is it the same video you were wanting to post the link to yesterday?
6 moose video by Katie Slinga:

https://www.facebook.com/100094495351608/videos/1040550433799880/ This link will let you "X" out the big box that comes up, and then you can see the video. Maybe it's the same video you wanted to post the link to.

TSK, wow on that donated $500+ Coach brand children's coat! Good thing someone caught that! As I was reading your post about it, I was thinking that you should sell it for proceeds to donate. I hope it fetches a good sum from the raffle.  :)

Lani, ((Toroa and OYW))  :-* :-* ((Lucky and Holly))  :-* :-*  ((Brooks Falls Bears))  :-* :-*

Karen, glad your eyes are feeling better. Glad you and Piper had a nice visit from your wonderful vet friend
:)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 03:34:08 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center