Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1031279 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10260 on: October 17, 2023, 07:12:22 AM »

HI EVERYONE

39 degrees heading to 60 later today.

PHYL   Like the solitary goose? silhouetted  on the rocks.

KAREN   Happy for you with a familiar and agreeable HHA.  Why did she leave in the first place?

EAGLES  Phew!  :) ;)   What a terrible thing to happen to your brother.  That teacher would be jailed today!

LANI  All the adult coats are now hung - there are hundreds of them.  Today I think I will be doing the kids stuff.  I don't know how many volunteers will be there for the AM shift.   Once Barb and Tom come back in Dec from this trip, they go down again Jan 1  - usually til Apr 30th.  Have no idea how this year will go for them.  This will be a big change for Barb as she has a whole life of friends down there from all the years they have been going down there - 35+  They've owned 3 different condos in Naples.

CLYNN   Love that  little " Eurasian blue tit"  examining his food particle  ;D    Boy your Mom was really young when she moved the family at the time to Germany.  And today she is one tough lady!!!  What did your Dad do in Vietnam for that year?     We sold Door County  3 years ago now this Nov - hard to believe.  The twins have a lot of medical issues -    Tom wants to be closer to his doctors and it is just getting to be too much for him to manage the pontoon boat and the travel down and back.  They are still hauling their 19 yr old cat Pepper.     The set up for the drive at Catholic Charities is still going on.  The free coat give-away happens Thursday.  I will be a personal shopper for the AM shift.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10261 on: October 17, 2023, 07:35:51 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Tuesday !   
Currently 52F   High  64F partly sunny,  Low 51 F 

Tsk so sad about the possum. Could have been anything...   Sounds like the  coat drive will have lots to choose from.
So Barb and Tom will eventually spend all their time back in your area?
That's the jetty at Stony Point Penguin Colony and the silhouette is a cormorant.

E4E how awful about your brother in school!  The teacher, was fired? Right? 

Karen ahhh I just saw the final verdict on the new HHA . So glad  ;)

CLynn tks for Berry College snaps

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.
 All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 07:41:19 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #10262 on: October 17, 2023, 07:38:21 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10263 on: October 17, 2023, 07:45:23 AM »

tsk, my Dad was Master Sergeant when he retired, he was an airplane mechanic, F-100 Fighter Jets in Viet Nam. He joined the Army/AirForce in 1946 (he was 15, his grandpa approved since he was not yet 16). He was stationed in Alaska when he joined his friend from IL on leave in 1950. His friend Don set him up on a blind date with his girlfriend's best friend, Jean.  That was how he met Mom. They were married in 1951, she was 16. She graduated high school in May 1951 (she skipped 2nd grade because she was the only 2nd grader and joined the other two 3rd graders), and they were married in June 1951. Off on the tangent again... more than you asked...

Phyl, absolutely love the beginning view of the Pyrenees with the bits of fog, and the cranes are so graceful in this morning's 365! And that little witch trying to decide which broom to ride! Our high to be 69 today!  Yay!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #10264 on: October 17, 2023, 07:47:25 AM »

I found  two adults and two subs   ;)   at the Mississippi River Flyway

Can never have too many eagles...

Oct 17, 2023 7:43 AM
Camera Time: Oct 17, 2023 7:43 AM CDT

Sauces bald eagle cam

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10265 on: October 17, 2023, 09:03:09 AM »

dense fog this morning - current temp 54 - high of 78

Oldguy - Wow, that was a great amount raised for the Children's hospital!

Lani - Cute 'nite' gif!

Clynn - Like Dobie Gray!   Your Mom traveling with such young children back when you were so young - amazing Mother with much strength!  Thank you for sharing this story of your Mother and your Father. :-*    Just read more of your Dad in your post to Tsk - Wow, so much to be proud of both of your parents!
Lol! 'Good two-shoes'  ;D     Gorgeous scenery along the riverboat ride - bet it was such fun for your friend!   Love Berry College E pics  ;D

Tsk - Thank you :)    Awe, not easy for Tom & Barb to make the decision to sell - lots of years of history & friends there!

Phyl - Back then (probably '69?), teachers had the power to reprimand their students - my Dad did go over to the school and met with that teacher!
         Liked Nature of the Cranes in France  :)     Beautiful pic at the MS River Flyway  ;D

We are leaving here around 9 this morning for a visit to hubby's brother & SIL and will spend the night!  They are retired too, so its fun to plan things during the week like this!  It takes about 2.25 hrs to drive there.

Beakers have a nice day  :)

karengramke

« Reply #10266 on: October 17, 2023, 09:12:21 AM »

Good Morning! 😀 47 degrees!  Bright sun! Not to get too excited though as it will soon be creeping back to the upper 70s! 

Tsk, i am not surprised at Toms reaction to trekking to Florida and all that entails!   Barb can fly down for a visit!
Re hhas.  The first one I got cam Mondays and Wednesday.  She was here from the start!  She had to quit a few weeks ago as her mother had a stroke and was hospitalized to remove clots from both legs!  They were not successful in getting all of them and transferred her to a hospital in Jacksonville!  My hha, a single mother to a young boy with serious issues, lived with the mother,  she was the main care giver for tge bot while my hha worked two jobs and went to school to get her ged so she could go to nursing school!   They really have no support system here as the have been here for about 2 years.  Moved here from NY! I worry about her!
Her replacement has been here for 3 months or so and she’s been essentially good!   These jobs are usually filled with low skilled workers and they are very easy to get and are low paid!  These people bring out the social worker from my past life!

Speaking of which, the stuff brought to the church is the reason Red Cross and others discourage folks from sending clothes to disaster areas!  Some if not most of what is donated robs the victims of what remaining human dignity they have and belongs in the garbage!  On the other had much is inappropriate!  I am reminded of a train car load of heavy mens woolen overcoats from a manufacture in MN sent to a flood in South Mississippi.  Also a large number of white size 12 mens tennis shoes!   There was also a ton of baby potato soup!  Every one got a case with the advice that it was wonderful mixed with bread or biscuit dough!  A night mare created by well meaning folks or those looking to clean out stuff!

Tmi, have a good day!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 09:35:41 AM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #10267 on: October 17, 2023, 11:07:41 AM »

Good Morning/Afternoon Beakers

Hello to...kb, tig, Puff, baz and all  :D

tsk - Oh my, a dead opossum, that would have scared me.  Was going to ask why Barb & Tom are selling, but I see you answered.  Glad to hear the coat drive turned out well. 

karen - LOL, She will not become president of the company but she is  fine, pleasant and will be coming 5 days a week!   Good luck at eye docs!

E4E & Lani - I know, I was a lil disappointed in the electric bill.  It was $251 last month, and $231 this month.  Our meters are read by computers at the home office, so if it does not go down again this month I am calling.  We have not turned the system back on.  I don't even think we have went to Winter rates yet. 

E4E - Thank goodness you didn't lose you post.   :D

clynn - Wow, beautiful fall colors on the Mississippi boat ride!  Good to see the Berry's have started nestorations.

Phyl - Cute morning greeting....so many brooms to choose from!  Thanks for the 365.  Love the Flyway pic, too. 

kbshcb

« Reply #10268 on: October 17, 2023, 12:06:24 PM »

Lisa - just wanted to ask. Do you have one of the newer Smart Meters?...We all now have smart meters for gas, electric, and water.....
I'm deeply suspicious when our first round of them turned out to be faulty. Second round?..one of our citizens has been contesting a 2,000 dollar water bill for 3 months, which is literally impossible with all toilets leaking the entire time.
The city will NOT give him a break.

More investigation into these meters needs to be done imho....independently that is.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10269 on: October 17, 2023, 12:16:05 PM »

Morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen, You like her as your hha, and that's the most important thing! Take care.

Lisa, Do you have a yearly/monthly rate you can compare? Our monthly utilities bills comes with a comparison page for the same month period the previous year. I have to watch our propane winter bills. We have gas stove/furnace. In the summer, it's down to $16.99 and in the winter it can go up to $350+. We use a propane tank for our BQ and I don't use the gas in our fireplace. I hope you can find the answers before winter kicks in, so you can plan your monthly allowance. I keep close track week by week.

Clynn, sweet Chickadee, soon we'll have quite a few settled here for the winter. We do have a couple of pairs that stay here year round. We love watching run up and down the pines....  One of my favorite songs by Yusuf/Cat Stevens... Wonderful family history of your mom and dad's journey in their young life together. You and your sisters were very blessed with such a strong and loving foundation.... beautiful Fall landscape down the Mississippi! ... thanks for Berry pics.

Tsk, that is great news about the coats and children's coats too!  ;D. I can understand Tom's need to be near medical care. A lot of owners here in our community return to the valley to be near Mayo, and other large health facilities. Also, the elevation is difficult for those with breathing issues... We do have 2 lifeline helicopters, as it takes almost 2 hours to reach a larger hospital. It will be a change for Barb, I can understand she'll miss her winter life in Florida... Both Mike's brothers live in Florida now. They don't plan to return to Kansas.

Eagles, I'm sorry your brother went through a terrible treatment by a teacher. He should have bee fired... Safe travels and enjoy your visit with your BIL/SIL!  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #10270 on: October 17, 2023, 12:32:18 PM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10271 on: October 17, 2023, 12:36:05 PM »

This Chocolate Cupcake with buttercream frosting is a  moist, rich and chocolatey treat!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 12:42:08 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

« Reply #10272 on: October 17, 2023, 01:15:23 PM »

Happy birthday Lindy! I hope all is well with you, Fred and pups!  ;D

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10273 on: October 17, 2023, 02:09:26 PM »

Puff, I'm guessing the light you saw was an IR light - not visible light to the naked eye when there. I don't think RRP, or the Hatchery folks, would put visible night lighting anywhere that could disturb the nest, or other animals in the area.

Oh yeah  Baz I'm sure the new stuff is all solar powered.  I seem to recall they made some hint as to new additions being solar to save $$$$.  I stayed with screen to where the sun came up and took over.  They seem to have made some tweaks here and there.

P

Puff, IR light doesn't have anything to do with whether or not the cam is solar-powered. IR light is InfraRed light. The cam has used IR light for night views for many years.  We know when cam view turns to black and white that it switched over to IR (when the available daylight gets below a certain level).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 02:38:56 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10274 on: October 17, 2023, 02:42:20 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDYGOLD!  I hope you have a fun day with some good eats and surprises!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center