Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California  (Read 231393 times)

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
Re: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California
« Reply #465 on: February 02, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »

;)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:37:38 AM by MpMom »
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #466 on: February 02, 2016, 04:27:40 PM »

CONGRATS ON THEIR FIRST EGG HERE YESTERDAY!!!   :-* :-*

MpMom, thanks for all your great snips and captions!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

MpMom

« Reply #467 on: February 02, 2016, 06:51:22 PM »

Hi Baz! The egg bowl is so deep can hardly see the eggy :o

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

baziunc

« Reply #468 on: February 02, 2016, 07:00:56 PM »

Hi Baz! The egg bowl is so deep can hardly see the eggy :o

MpMom, I noticed that!!!  I love seeing those deep egg cups!   :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

MpMom

« Reply #469 on: February 02, 2016, 07:40:05 PM »

These kids will be flying before they get out of this bowl :D :D

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #470 on: February 03, 2016, 04:53:15 PM »

I think the deep egg cup is to protect from the wind.  Some days I get seasick watching this cam.  And every time A40 brings in another stick I forget to breathe.  The site is not for the faint of heart.  Thanks MP for the pics when you can get them.  I am very time strssed at the moment but will try to help out in a week or two.  By then Dr. Sharpe will have the new parts for the cam installed and viewing should improve significantly.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

MpMom

« Reply #471 on: February 04, 2016, 08:30:16 AM »

;) Cam wasn't on yesterday but is this am ;)

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #472 on: February 04, 2016, 09:44:52 AM »

Video

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/82553181

For me there is something wrong with this video. It doesn't move forward. Very odd.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:52:44 AM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #473 on: February 04, 2016, 09:56:53 AM »

I hope they can lay another egglet. Some chatter say she doesn't ball up her feet when she egg sits. I guess I haven't noticed that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:03:14 AM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #474 on: February 04, 2016, 10:23:58 AM »

A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

baziunc

« Reply #475 on: February 04, 2016, 10:36:29 AM »

I hope they can lay another egglet. Some chatter say she doesn't ball up her feet when she egg sits. I guess I haven't noticed that.

MpMom, are you saying that something happened to the first egg?  I didn't see anything posted about that if it did.  I hope not!  I just watched the video!  I'm not sure what to make of it though... Did the egg break or hatch?  Was that a hatchling or an embryo from a broken egg that I saw being picked up in the egg bowl near the end of that video?

Okay... I'm learning more... I went to http://www.iws.org/interactive_nestchat_allUstream.html and I see in the chat box there, which is for the Two Harbor Eagles, that someone is asking for confirmation of the egg being broken at this Sauces Canyon Eagle nest.  No reply in that chat box yet - it was asked about 15 minutes ago.  But I assume from that and the video posted above that of course it couldn't be a hatchling since the egg was laid Feb. 1, and so I guess I'm seeing part of that broken egg being picked up by the Eagle near the end of that video then?  Is that right?  So sad to see the egg lost.  Poor Eagles.   :( :-* :-*  I hope they will lay another - either as possibly still being in their 2-week or so fertile period for copulation and fertilization, or as a re-nesting type of attempt that is sometimes seen when it is still very early in the nesting season.  Talons crossed for Mom and Dad here!  :-* :-*

I also saw on that link I just posted, some info about the cam at Sauces Canyon, that I found when I scrolled down the left side of that page and found this post from Feb. 1 (copy/pasting it here):

Institute for Wildlife Studies
February 1 at 7:27pm - Los Angeles, California.

The Sauces eagles are the first of our online birds to have an egg this season. The egg was laid this afternoon and thanks to moving the camera 2 feet higher, we are finally able to see it (camera is on the end of a 10' pole attached to an 8' 2x6 attached to the tree trunk). There is still a power problem during the day, but I'll hopefully be able to solve that this weekend.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:59:21 AM by baziunc »

MpMom

« Reply #476 on: February 04, 2016, 07:43:47 PM »

Thanks for the video link Emy!!

Hi Baz & Pat! Yes,it is sad and she is due to lay another today or tomorrow. Cam has been down since this am. No telling if she had laid an egg. I wish they would have luck this year with at least one.

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #477 on: February 04, 2016, 08:16:37 PM »

Just checked to see if the cam was on. No idea if she has an egglet. :o

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #478 on: February 04, 2016, 09:02:02 PM »

;D

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #479 on: February 04, 2016, 11:00:56 PM »

Posted on the IWS Facebook page:

"It appeared that the Sauces eagles lost their first egg this morning, but are now incubating again, so it is likely that another egg was laid during the day when the camera was out (I should fix that in the next 2 days). We also had both A-60 and A-49 show up on the Fraser Point nest at different times today, which further supports my theory that A-64 (the Fraser Point male) disappeared during the off season. If A-60 takes over the nest, we could have the two chicks that hatched in 2006 (the first in over 50 years) breeding together. Finally, I've increased the quality of most of the cams, so check them out on full screen."