Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California  (Read 231392 times)

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
Re: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California
« Reply #480 on: February 05, 2016, 09:58:21 AM »

Yep, it is likely there is another egg :-\
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #481 on: February 05, 2016, 10:11:48 AM »

Thanks MpMom and Emy.

CONGRATS ON THE NEWEST (2nd) EGGLET LAID YESTERDAY!!!  TALONS CROSSED THEY SUCCESSFULLY HATCH AND FLEDGE THAT EGGLET!  (so sad about the loss of their 1st egg laid here this year.)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

MpMom

« Reply #482 on: February 06, 2016, 09:21:55 AM »

;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:53:06 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

MpMom

« Reply #483 on: February 06, 2016, 05:38:32 PM »

;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 06:21:47 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

baziunc

« Reply #484 on: February 06, 2016, 06:12:12 PM »

Me, too, MpMom!  ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

MpMom

« Reply #485 on: February 08, 2016, 08:45:33 AM »

2 egglets ;D

From a sign in Missouri.

baziunc

« Reply #486 on: February 08, 2016, 12:47:06 PM »

OMG MpMom!  Great pics!  Another egg?  Laid today?  That wonderful!!!   :)   So, talons crossed they will be able to successfully incubate both of these eggs to hatch and fledge!   :-* :-*  CONGRATS ON ANOTHER EGG FOR THIS EAGLE PAIR!  I hate that their first egg this season broke, but now they have two more eggs in the nest, and I hope they will have success with them.  :)

Emyrauld

« Reply #487 on: February 09, 2016, 09:01:26 AM »

Some trumpeting at the 6:45 a.m. shift change when A-40 takes over for a while.

A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

baziunc

« Reply #488 on: February 09, 2016, 03:02:46 PM »

Nice pics, Em!  I can't tell if those white specks are hoarfrost, or rime ice, or snow, or just light reflection.   :D

Emyrauld

« Reply #489 on: February 09, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »

It's the Channel Islands off the coast of S. California.  I would go with paintball or pillow fight.  Some mods have been complaining about all the white.  They have requested that the birds clean up the mess but as usual it fell on deaf ears.  The solution for everything here is more sticks and I would prefer they didn't go that route...it's too hard on me.   ;D :D :D

It just hit me..you are talking about the pixelating diamonds.  I got so used to them I don"t really see them anymore.  I think they might occasionally be having some bandwith/power supply issues since going to such a high resolution.  I thought you meant the bigger white stuff at first.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:26:03 PM by Emyrauld »
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Emyrauld

« Reply #490 on: February 09, 2016, 09:06:07 PM »

From the archives this morning.  Incoming stick.  Didn't catch it in the air but second cap shows it landed 6 seconds later.  Final cap shows just how close to those eggs those sticks might be.  As he walked over to settle I was holding my breath again even though it was video and I already knew the eggs were fine.

baziunc

« Reply #491 on: February 10, 2016, 03:23:48 PM »

Thanks, Em.  I had been wondering about how close some of those sticks really are to the eggs.  I know the perspective on cam doesn't always give a true look at such.

MpMom

« Reply #492 on: February 10, 2016, 08:21:35 PM »

;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:23:38 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

baziunc

« Reply #493 on: February 11, 2016, 10:12:46 AM »

Thanks for your pics, MpMom.  Hope that's food on the beak!

MpMom

« Reply #494 on: February 11, 2016, 12:30:49 PM »

Me too Baz :o
Dad's been on the nest.

From a sign in Missouri.