Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: In Memorium: obit links  (Read 33261 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: In Memorium: obit links
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2020, 11:37:33 AM »

Rest in peace dear Horst. You will be dearly missed. 

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2020, 04:13:23 PM »

I have a couple of photos from Kevin, Horst's son.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:35:51 PM by MpMom »
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2020, 11:31:51 PM »

Kevin & MpMom - Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of Maxi, Kevin, and at the funeral.  Beautiful.

glogdog

• ChatMods
  • And He will raise you up on Eagles' wings!
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2020, 06:31:30 AM »

Good Morning everyone. I read something on Facebook earlier and wanted to share it with you all.  Her son posted that our forum member, "Wings", has gone to be with her husband in heaven.  Here is his post:

"As many of you know, the past four months have been a really tough journey for Mom. Earlier today, God relieved her of her suffering and brought her home.  While I'm deeply saddened to see her go, I'm at ease knowing she's with my Dad among others who greatly love her.  Always the compassionate heart, my fondest memories of her will always be how much she gave to others - especially during my youth where she devoted countless hours to volunteering and bringing people together for a great cause.  We'll miss you Mom and always love you dearly. Thank you for the endless things you gave and boundless love you provided."

Her real name is Susie Regan Combest and Brent Combest made this post in case you'd like to read it and see some photos of her on Facebook.  Wings was a wonderful person and a devoted RRP follower.  She most certainly will be missed. 
glogdog

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2020, 01:25:39 PM »

GLO, thank you for sharing this information.  Sad news.  Wings/Susie will be missed.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

glogdog

• ChatMods
  • And He will raise you up on Eagles' wings!
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2020, 07:17:04 PM »

You're welcome, Baz.  Good to see you too.  Hope all is well for you and your family.
glogdog

Nora in IA

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2020, 01:55:40 AM »

Oh no, not Susie!  I noticed she hadn't posted in some time.  I'm so sorry to hear that.  :'(

nanimal

• Decorah Eagle fan since April 3, 2011
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2020, 10:29:42 AM »

I never had the pleasure of knowing or chatting with Wings, but I do remember her name from the early years. It sounds as though she was a wonderful human being, plus, she loved the Decorah eagles!  My sympathies to her family and all those here in the Decorah family who knew and loved her.  Thanks for sharing, Glo.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth. ~ Henry Beston
REMEMBERING A GREAT MAN, 7-27-2015.  SOAR HIGH AND FREE, BOB
Dad Decorah, always loved and remembered

Nora in IA

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2020, 05:58:55 PM »

We lost another one too!  JPalmken (JP) passed away on Sept. 10th.  He would have been 97 this Saturday, the 26th.  As the lady from the assisted living facility said, "all his friends here and all of us really miss him, he was a wonderful guy.  His big goal was to live to be 100."

He joined our RRP forum Sept. 24, 2011 and I loved his Navy stories from when he was career Navy.  He had a good sense of humor and was such a caring guy.  I swear he stayed on Navy time after he retired.  He'd post at 5 AM and say he overslept.  He was our "poppa bear" on the bear thread and also posted such cute morning greetings.  He made lots of JigZone puzzles for everyone to work.

1943 in his Navy days...........

JP's sub the USS Rasher

James Ronald Kennedy

ra

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2020, 06:17:03 PM »

Thanks, Nora.  Sure am going to miss him...   :'(  :'( :'(
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

calihoula

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2020, 06:53:20 PM »

thanks nora he was my baseball buddy he loved baseball his marlins and he rooted for my kc royals when they won the world series he rooted last year for kc chiefs when they won the super bowl. the world was a better place cause jp was in it. i miss you xoxo
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

nanimal

• Decorah Eagle fan since April 3, 2011
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2020, 07:25:44 PM »

Thanks, Nora, for posting this sad news about Jp's passing, and for the pictures, too. I wish he could have made it to his 100th!  Jp was another one of the early members of the Decorah family, an accomplished and kind gentleman who served his country, and was very special to so many here. My heart goes out to those of you who were closest to him in his last years. RIP, Jp.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth. ~ Henry Beston
REMEMBERING A GREAT MAN, 7-27-2015.  SOAR HIGH AND FREE, BOB
Dad Decorah, always loved and remembered

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2020, 04:31:45 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

ra

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2020, 06:52:59 AM »

Circles, cal?   :D
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2020, 06:57:10 AM »

well you know how much jp loved the circles! :)
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb