Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: In Memorium: obit links  (Read 33129 times)

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
Re: In Memorium: obit links
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2019, 08:09:15 PM »

Oh Nora, I remember Pete & Darci. So sad!

Amy, thank you for posting Jerry's reply. It has to be unbearable for him without his Annie. She will be missed!
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

nanimal

• Decorah Eagle fan since April 3, 2011
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 07:53:17 PM »

Thanks for posting Jerry's reply, Amy. Even though we knew Annie had serious medical issues, it was shocking to lose her so quickly.  She was active in many threads here in the forum, but her home base was the Beak.  My condolences to all to her friends there, in Cheers, in Decorah, and in Jewels. She was loved and will be sorely missed. I think she'd be happy to know that donations have been made in her memory that will benefit raptors for many years to come.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth. ~ Henry Beston
REMEMBERING A GREAT MAN, 7-27-2015.  SOAR HIGH AND FREE, BOB
Dad Decorah, always loved and remembered

nanimal

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 07:57:55 PM »

Nora, very sad to read that both Pete and Darci had passed on. I didn't know them personally but absolutely loved their book, "Decorah Eagles: A Love Story", that was written with Sue Schneider.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth. ~ Henry Beston

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2019, 08:20:20 PM »

I found williwaw's beautiful obituary - Annie Oliver, just now - it was posted 17 hours ago in "the Astorian" at:
https://www.dailyastorian.com/obituaries/obituary-annie-e-oliver/article_1ed5008a-064e-11ea-b3e3-97a0edb41b72.html

I miss  willi.   :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

ra

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2019, 09:07:10 PM »

Thanks for sharing, Baz!
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

baziunc

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2019, 11:12:34 PM »

Thanks for sharing, Baz!

You're welcome ra.  My tears are flowing once again.  Much love and (((JERRY)))
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

nanimal

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2019, 07:10:14 AM »

Thanks for posting Annie's obit, Baz.  What a beautiful life of love and giving! 

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2019, 08:43:47 AM »

Bazi, thanks so much for posting!

[attachment deleted by admin]

baziunc

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2019, 03:22:15 PM »

You're welcome, nanimal and mrsfalcon.

Thanks for posting Annie's obit, Baz.  What a beautiful life of love and giving!

nanimal, I wholeheartedly agree with you.  :-*

Bazi, thanks so much for posting!

and, mrsfalcon/Amy, thank you for posting that wonderful photo.  The verse at the bottom of it is so wonderful and true.  :-*  I hope you won't mind that I embedded it in your quote so people will be sure to see it.  Thank you.  :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 03:25:55 PM by baziunc »

nanimal

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2019, 08:52:45 PM »

Yes, perfectly beautiful, Baz and Amy.

MpMom

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2020, 07:16:57 AM »

Horst(Eagle-Duck) passed away December 31, 2019. :'( :'( :'(
The funeral is on 8th January 2020 at 1 P.M. german time.

Horst's son Kevin wrote this in the beak room & I will post it here.

Hello everyone,

first of all in I wanna thank you for all you condolences in the name of the whole family. We did not expect such a reaction and are deeply overwhelmed.
Horst meant the world to us, as a father, a grandfather, a father in law and a friend.
At any times someone needed help or just advice he has been there with all his love and support.
I can remember so many times I visited him and he had a live stream of the eagles running on his computer. It was not just a big interest he had but also something that had a place in his heart.
Like all of you he didn`t tell us how bad his health condition really was. Until the doctors told him on december 20th that they could not do much more for him, we all and especially he himself, truly believed that we would have so much more time to spend with him.
He fought for three long lasting days until he peacefully passed away sourrund by all his children and their partners.
We process or at least we try to.
Horst is leaving behind his oldest son Sven with his wife Chrissy and their two children (one of them is Johnny), his daughter Mareike and her husband Sascha wiht their four children, his son Kevin and his girlfriend Rebecca and of course hix beloved Maxi.
Maxi moved in with Rebecca and me after Horst passed away. We love her and we will always care for her as much as we can.
Especially at the moment. She screams a lot particularly when no one is in the room, we hope that she will get used to it. At the moment she gets a lot of extra cuddles from me. Unfortunately she doesn`t like women that much but I think we will get along.
Again thank you all, we as a family appreciate every loving memory of Horst and keep it as a treasure in our hearts and all of you shared some beautiful ones.

It was one of his last wishes to make this post in his name. As we thought he might get little cold over the rainbow bridge we put the blanket that you have sent with him in his coffin. He will be covered in it.

Kevin

We will always miss you Horst :( :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2020, 07:42:06 AM »

Dear Mp, I am overwhelmed with tears knowing he will be covered with the prayer shawl.  :'( :'( :'(
Thank you for posting a copy of Kevin's post to us here.

I will miss him very much. I will always think of him every time I post good night.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

MpMom

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2020, 02:26:35 PM »

I know Lani! It is like Horst's way of telling us, we are with him :'( :'( :'(

From a sign in Missouri.

nanimal

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2020, 06:24:25 PM »

RIP, dear Eagle-Duck, gentle man and gentle soul, friend to all.  You will be missed and always remembered.
Mp and Lani, I appreciate your posts here.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2020, 06:04:59 AM »

My friend Eagle-Duck/Horst may you rest in peace...
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl