Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: In Memorium: obit links  (Read 26908 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: In Memorium: obit links
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2022, 12:51:38 PM »

Jim Womeldorf has passed away. Those of you who were around in 2013 might remember that he brought us the season that year when Mom and Dad moved to N2. He was a huge supporter of the Decorah Eagles, a chorister, and just an all-around great human being. I'll miss him: https://www.helmsfuneralhomes.com/obituary/james-womeldorf

Amy

Amy/Mrsfalcon, it's sad to learn, but thank you for sharing the news of Jim Womeldorf's passing.  I remember well that Jim's love of the Decorah Eagles led him to unselfishly share his photos, news, and reports of Mom and Dad Decorah's 1st year at their then brand new N2 nest in 2013! We would otherwise not have been able to follow them that year since there was no cam at the N2 nest till the next season. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person. I see from his obituary, he was quite a multi-talented, successful, and much-loved person in his community. My sympathy and condolences go out to his family, and many friends and followers, who knew him in person, or virtually through RRP. (I had to copy/paste the link to that obituary to get it to work, so I also edited it, here, in the quote of your post, Amy.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 12:57:22 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center