Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: In Memorium: obit links  (Read 31028 times)

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
Re: In Memorium: obit links
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 08:12:18 AM »

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 03:42:38 PM by MpMom »
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 04:40:00 PM »

Here the obituary for JaneCR.  Thanks for posting the link MpMom........

I took this picture July 1, 2013 at After the Fledge in Decorah...It's not inserting, I'll attach it.

Janet Estella Yvonne Floerchinger Lyons, 83, of Cedar Rapids died Sunday, August 4, 2019 at Mercy Medical Center. Friends may visit with the family from 4 to 6 p.m., Thursday, at Teahen Funeral Home. Graveside services: 10:30 a.m., Friday by Penny Ackerman at Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Oxford.

Janet is survived by her daughter Natalie (Randy) McCrory of Rogers, AR; son Kevin (Jennifer) Lyons of Cedar Rapids; five grandchildren Jason (Rebecca) McCrory, Chelsea (Ryan) Elam, Adam Lyons, Allison Lyons and Reece Suckow; and six great grandchildren Shayla, Adriana, Malachi, Xoe, Xander and Nella.

She was preceded in death by her parents and her sister Audrey Crowley.

Janet was born on December 7, 1935 in Davenport the daughter of John ?Yvo? and Elizabeth O?Rourke Floerchinger. She graduated from Mt. St. Clare Academy in Clinton and attended Marquette University. Janet married James Lyons on October 13, 1956 in DeWitt and they were married for 30 years. She worked at Rockwell Collins and Norand before retiring in 1981.

Janet loved anything and everything to do with Ireland. She enjoyed genealogy, listening to audio books, watching the Cubs or MSNBC on television, and the Decorah Eagle cam online. But most of all, she loved her dog Katy. Janet will be missed by everyone who knew and loved her.

Memorials may be directed to the family to be used for Janet's favorite charity.

P.S.  Her son gave them to S.O.A.R. as Janet appreciated them taking care of our Decorah eagles.

https://www.teahenfuneralhome.com/obituary/janet-floerchinger

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:10:04 PM by Nora in IA »

nanimal

• Decorah Eagle fan since April 3, 2011
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2019, 07:46:00 AM »

Thanks Mp and Nora for posting the sad news of JaneCR's passing.  I think it was during my first visit to Decorah that I had the pleasure of meeting her.  We've connected from time to time with emails, as well, with the last one in March of this year. I'm sorry I had no knowledge of her medical condition.  She was a very interesting, kind, and gentle person, and of course we shared the love of the Decorah eagles.  My sympathies to her friends here and to her family. Rest in peace, dear Jane.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth. ~ Henry Beston
REMEMBERING A GREAT MAN, 7-27-2015.  SOAR HIGH AND FREE, BOB
Dad Decorah, always loved and remembered

MpMom

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 04:29:08 PM »

Our special Annie has left us & is looking at all nature from above :'(

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2019, 07:30:07 AM »

I didn't even know we had this thread but am glad to know it now..We also lost Lindawyo a few year back from the Beak
Chicagoland

MpMom

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2019, 09:42:52 AM »

In 2016 we had lost Peggy(Ming/Pat).
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lamonitor/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=182030306

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:02:13 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2019, 10:58:15 AM »

We lost Lindawyo in 2015 :'(
Casper, Wyoming

March 29, 1954 - April 16, 2015

Linda L. Schmiedt, 61, Casper, a teacher who spent 16 years teaching chemistry and biology at Kelly Walsh High School, died Thursday. She died unexpectedly at her home.

A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Bustard?s Funeral Home, 600 CY Ave., Casper, with Chaplain Keith Evans officiating.

Linda Lea Laatsch was born March 29, 1954, in Harlingen, Texas, the daughter of Gordon and Jewell (Pitts) Laatsch.

She married Jim Schmiedt on March 22, 1975, in Wheatland. Together, they had one son, Patrick.

She graduated from the University of Wyoming in 1977 with a bachelor?s degree in education. She earned her master?s degree from Lesley University in 2006.

She taught science at the secondary level, teaching for one year in Mountain View, ten years in Sundance, four years in Yuma, Arizona, and 16 years at Kelly Walsh High School in Casper. She taught multiple subjects and multiple levels but specialized in teaching chemistry and biology. She retired in 2010.

In 1995, she and her husband began Old Dead Things LLC, a business centered on rocks, fossils and jewelry. The couple traveled to rock and fossil shows across the country. She enjoyed fishing, sewing, creating jewelry, gardening, watching live eagle webcams, and going to visit family, especially if that involved a trip to Arizona in January.

Her family greatly enjoyed her quick wit and dry sense of humor.

She is survived by her husband of Casper; her son of West Fargo, North Dakota; her brother, Lee Laatsch, of Gillette; her sister, Marlo Miller, of Minneapolis; and several nieces, nephews and cousins.

She was preceded in death by her parents.

Memorial donations can be made to Kelly Walsh SOS, 3500 E. 12th St., Casper, WY 82609. The organization, Students Offered Support, is a volunteer service that benefits KWHS students in need.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:01:43 PM by MpMom »

From a sign in Missouri.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2019, 01:25:40 PM »

We lost Lindawyo in 2015 :'(
asper, Wyoming

March 29, 1954 - April 16, 2015

Linda L. Schmiedt, 61, Casper, a teacher who spent 16 years teaching chemistry and biology at Kelly Walsh High School, died Thursday. She died unexpectedly at her home.

A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Bustard?s Funeral Home, 600 CY Ave., Casper, with Chaplain Keith Evans officiating.

Linda Lea Laatsch was born March 29, 1954, in Harlingen, Texas, the daughter of Gordon and Jewell (Pitts) Laatsch.

She married Jim Schmiedt on March 22, 1975, in Wheatland. Together, they had one son, Patrick.

She graduated from the University of Wyoming in 1977 with a bachelor?s degree in education. She earned her master?s degree from Lesley University in 2006.

She taught science at the secondary level, teaching for one year in Mountain View, ten years in Sundance, four years in Yuma, Arizona, and 16 years at Kelly Walsh High School in Casper. She taught multiple subjects and multiple levels but specialized in teaching chemistry and biology. She retired in 2010.

In 1995, she and her husband began Old Dead Things LLC, a business centered on rocks, fossils and jewelry. The couple traveled to rock and fossil shows across the country. She enjoyed fishing, sewing, creating jewelry, gardening, watching live eagle webcams, and going to visit family, especially if that involved a trip to Arizona in January.

Her family greatly enjoyed her quick wit and dry sense of humor.

She is survived by her husband of Casper; her son of West Fargo, North Dakota; her brother, Lee Laatsch, of Gillette; her sister, Marlo Miller, of Minneapolis; and several nieces, nephews and cousins.

She was preceded in death by her parents.

Memorial donations can be made to Kelly Walsh SOS, 3500 E. 12th St., Casper, WY 82609. The organization, Students Offered Support, is a volunteer service that benefits KWHS students in need.

Lilbro's sister  :)

Lindawyo
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2019, 01:27:03 PM »

In 2016 we had lost Peggy.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lamonitor/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=182030306

Peggy was one of our original Beakers Ming/Pat.
She was brilliant.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:30:09 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2019, 01:28:16 PM »

Songbird was a member in our early Beak years. We lost her too soon.  :'(

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2019, 01:43:29 PM »

I sent Willi's husband a file with your remembrances, prayers, wishes, comments, and photos. This was his reply:

Thank you. I could barely see these texts to read them due to tears in my eyes. Over the last few years of Annie's life, she became less and less able or comfortable in interacting with people physically. She could no longer drive herself. She couldn't walk without using her walker. Her difficulty speaking clearly was a real frustration! From reading your texts I believe she must have shared alot of this with you guys on the forum. All in all her world had physically shrunk in pretty much every way imaginable.
But you, her friends from the forum, expanded her world in ways you can never realize or imagine. She quoted to me things her "friends " from the forum shared on pretty much a daily basis. When the forum would occasionally be down (Amy), she would pout and grumble continuously until it was back up. In other words I can't tell you all how important you were to her and what a major part of her life you guys came to play.

I thank you all for being there for her on a daily basis. I hope I have adequately gotten across to you all how vitally important you were to her. She loved her forum friends.

Jerry

ra

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2019, 04:24:02 PM »

Thank you, Amy, for sharing Jerry's message.  Willi was a very special person and will be missed by all!
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2019, 06:29:48 PM »

Amy,
You are a blessing.  Thank you for sharing this with Jerry.  I hope he keeps in contact with us or visits the forum himself.  Missing Willi every single day and we are all keeping her memory alive every day.  Jerry's message brought tears.  We have quite a close bond here and love for Eagles and nature.  We can share our daily struggles and good times with our beloved friends in the forum.  Thank you for all you do!

Lori
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Nora in IA

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2019, 07:07:41 PM »

Thank you Amy and yes come join us Jerry!  I'm glad everyone could do so much for Annie (Willi).

Nora in IA

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2019, 07:48:28 PM »

Darci Thelaner passed away from medical complications on October 23, 2019.  She and Pete Wachsberger (who passed away February 13th of this year) had spent time remodeling her grandmother's house in Boone, Iowa that had become Darci's and they had worked on making a butterfly garden to attract butterflies.  They were a great couple.  Darci had a cousin that went to Boone to help with things when she passed away, but otherwise she had no family left.  There is no obituary.

Pete, Darci, and Sue Schneider combined forces and wrote the book  "Decorah Eagles: A Love Story".

Pete's obituary is at https://www.schroedermemorialchapel.com/obituaries/Peter-Wolf-Wachsberger-?obId=4170875#/obituaryInfo