Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602221 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25935 on: December 07, 2022, 07:54:39 AM »

Good morning ev1.  Nice foggy morning here. Not too cold though at 45dehrees at 8:46.  Second cup is waiting for me.
I did take time, lot's of it, to do the sailboats. (7:08) Glasses not sitting right, and eyes watering a lot.  Plus pieces required extremely close positioning as they some times do.  Also, did I mention lately, I am old.  LOL
I really love your mule Cal.  Please keep those play by plays coming.  He has a real personality that comes through just fine with your help.  I am glad you mentioned the two hour prescription from the vet to evade intestinal distress. An ignorant person like me would have left him out til the cows come home.
Hi Neva and pup.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #25936 on: December 07, 2022, 09:02:42 AM »

I am sad to just find out Christy Ally of Cheers has died.  After I signed off here I went to my Kinetic email and it was posted there.  She died of a recently diagnosed cancer according to her daughter.  Especially sorry for Pauli who visits here.
Good Morning,

Hi johoward, Yes I saw that about Kirstie Alley on the news too. I really enjoyed her acting in whatever she was in. I really enjoyed watching her on Dancing With the Stars.
I wish you a Happy "Belated" Birthday. I hope you enjoyed your special day.

Hi Cal and Neva

I'm not on the RRP Forum everyday but I do pop in here from time to time.

I wish you each a pleasant day.

calihoula

« Reply #25937 on: December 07, 2022, 10:41:10 AM »

hi paulie! very sad about kirstie have a good day

hi joho your not stupid about pastures i know about foundering and colic  cause all my life had a horse my mom had one my sister susie had one. they can founder on other stuff too grain for one corn another indy only gets few handful of grain a day for coming to us outside and few butterscotch that is it no pie cookies when we went to see him i noticed his neck was thick my vet saw it so yes two hours a day nice days hay rest of time in barn. few years ago tims big huge barn door was open and one of his daughters horses went in and foundered bad eating grain in there vet had to put her down. after that i saw door shut but thought you dont put them up in really bad weather but left that door open now daughter married moved took all horses but one bay mare and the donkey belongs to tims wife. they build a small area for them two let them out in their pasture for two hours a day. they have no barn and barn door open not sure what they keep in that huge barn has solar panels on the roof fence builder we called to build a smaller pasture for indy cant do it till spring. he still can only go out for two hours but be close to house barn some days we will open gate let him run whole big pasture but come summer jim justin will cut and bale indys big pasture for indys hay rest of pastures bale and sell it sells fast too.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 10:43:44 AM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25938 on: December 07, 2022, 12:50:44 PM »

Cal, I did not say I am "Stupid",  I said ignorant.  There is a difference.  Ignorant can be fixed.  LOL

neva

« Reply #25939 on: December 07, 2022, 04:23:53 PM »

Shore Boat ...  27:01      66°  (2:36)    Partly cloudy, No wind that I can see.

Hello Cal, Joho, Alice, Paulie and everyone who comes here. I hope your day is going well.  I'm doing okay.  I tried to post yesterday, and somehow lost it. Frustrating!

Cal, how long have you had indy.  I think I missed something???  He's a good looking animal.  I follow a Cam that has a woman that raises Great Danes, but she also is very experienced with donkeys, mules and horses.  (The dogs are Mobility Service Dogs)  Anyway, she loves donkeys and mules.  She also believes they are smarter than horses - more stable.  In recent times she has had Draft horse mules on her property and they are impressive.  This woman's daughter runs a Rescue organization for horses, mules and donkeys - even a few goats that were headed for the 'Kill Pen'.  The mother with the dogs helps out with that by keeping some of them on her property until homes can be found for them,  She even has a foal born there now and then.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 12:26:42 AM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25940 on: December 08, 2022, 04:30:32 AM »

Good morning EV1.  Up early again.  Sign of aging I think. Had too much coffee I guess.  I always wake in the night, but usually can drift back to sleep.  Not today though.  Laid there for an hour thinking of days gone by.  Some long long ago.  I mean real long ago.  Even included my dad and his work friend from when I was born.  His friend's dad owned a place called Hunting Valley Lodge in Althom, PA.  My dad took us there for a vacation when I was pretty young.  Joan and I rented a cabin there for our honey moon.  Later my brother and I took our combined families there for a summer vacation.  It was the week of July 4th i recall.  We went into a tiny town called Tidioute, PA for the fireworks.  My brother was carrying his youngest girl when his wife tripped and fell on the uneven sidewalk.  She was not hurt, just embarrassed, and he just kept on walking.  When I asked why  he kept walking, he said this is what we do.  She falls all the time that is why I carry the kids. 
All good memories along the beautiful Alleghany River.
All this reminiscing was the result of sitting across from a cousin of Bob's widow at lunch on our senior trip to see Scrooge.  She filled in a lot of missing pieces for me after I told her I knew Bob as a child, but did not know much of his later life.
I have a lifetime of memories swishing about in my old head and keeping me awake.
That is it for now.  Time to cruise the web and my favorite many animals cams. Starting with Snowman.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25941 on: December 08, 2022, 05:02:30 AM »

hi you guys its 42 cloudy but no rain 33 in iceland 24 and snowing in kyiv 51 in the barn

hi joho wow you are up early i was thinking of my sister susie yesterday afternoon in the barn i am finally getting a settlement on her place that man burned down with his outta hand grass fire been going on since before covid.

hi neva had indy since oct 12 and yes you did miss stuff cause i did not email and tell you. i will later okay that woman sounds so nice.

i gotta go fill out paper work jim taking with him to work for lawyer

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F8055D50674E?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #25942 on: December 08, 2022, 07:49:06 AM »

Because the mule most often demonstrates the best traits from each parent, he possesses what we call hybrid vigor. The mule inherits from the donkey his incredible strength, intelligence, patience, perseverance, endurance and surefootedness from the jack and his equine beauty, athletic ability and speed from the horse.

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25943 on: December 08, 2022, 08:21:39 AM »

7:08  41 degrees and cloudy.  Not been out.  Fell asleep on the couch after watching the Crypto corruption blather.  Had a nice nap.  Was good to see the puzzle when I woke up.  Felt like a normal morning.
Don't remember if I ever had my second coffee. LOL  I remember pouring water into the pot and pushing the On button.  I will go look now.
 Yep there it is sitting there in the maker ice cold. LOL  I got it now though, nice and hot from the microwave.  Like a nice treat.
Now I will say again GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25944 on: December 08, 2022, 09:06:47 AM »

hi joho so funny  :)

calihoula

« Reply #25945 on: December 08, 2022, 12:05:57 PM »

What we're covering
US President Joe Biden announced the release of Brittney Griner Thursday, saying the WNBA star is on her way home now after months in Russian detention.
Griner was released as part of a prisoner swap for convicted Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout, according to a source familiar with the matter.
Griner had been detained on drug smuggling charges. She testified she had inadvertently packed cannabis oil that was found in her luggage at an airport and was sentenced to nine years in prison in August.
Thursday's swap did not include another American that the State Department has declared wrongfully detained, Paul Whelan.

18 min ago
US DOJ officials expressed frustration about prisoner swap when deal narrowed to 1-for-1, sources say
From CNN's Evan Perez
After months of behind-the-scenes discussions inside the US government about efforts to secure the release of Americans held in Russia, including Paul Whelan and Brittney Griner, the outlines of a deal emerged in the past week, people briefed on the matter said.

White House officials briefed government agencies that the Russians would only agree to swap convicted Russian arms trafficker Viktor Bout for WNBA player Brittney Griner.

Justice Department officials, who were always opposed to releasing Bout, expressed frustration that an earlier deal that included Whelan had been narrowed to Griner.

One US official said law enforcement officials raised strenuous objections and were told the decision had been made.

For law enforcement officials from the FBI and the Drug Enforcement Administration, which spent years and elaborate efforts to try to capture the convicted arms dealer, the release of Bout raised additional concerns about the precedent the deal could set.

Bout, a former Soviet military officer, was serving a 25-year prison sentence in the United States on charges of conspiring to kill Americans, acquire and export anti-aircraft missiles, and provide material support to a terrorist organization. Bout has maintained he is innocent.

The publicity surrounding Griner — including celebrities posting criticism of the Biden White House on social media for not moving more quickly to secure her release — appeared to raise the Russian price for Griner’s release, law enforcement officials say.

That adds to concerns that the deal increases the likelihood that Russia, Iran and other countries could use the arrest of Americans to try to use the publicity to gain concessions the US otherwise wouldn’t give.

this is so unfair to paul whelan  >:(

calihoula

« Reply #25946 on: December 08, 2022, 02:10:28 PM »

neva

« Reply #25947 on: December 08, 2022, 05:36:28 PM »

Butterfly ... 41:47    65°  (3:41 pm)   Sunny, a few wispy clouds and no wind.  Dr. appt, got out of the house, it was nice out.

Hi everyone.  I hope that all goes well with all of you.
It was great to hear that they are getting that girl out of Russia, I wish they could have gotten the others out as well, and as someone just said, "Too bad we had to let that scumbag back out on the streets to get it done." 

I like that sheep/Border Collie thing.  Thanks and thanks for the puzzle, Cal.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 05:48:07 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25948 on: December 08, 2022, 06:39:51 PM »

hi neva i posted cartoon for you maddie rose i know happy brittany out but wish paul would of finally gotten out yes scumbag and that scumbag should of been worth brittany paul and others in trade but its putin so at least she is out i sent you an email well almost bedtime

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25949 on: December 09, 2022, 05:23:40 AM »

hi you guys its 36 here  31 in iceland 26 snowing in kviv and 51 in the barn.  i got to go to walmart and i got inside did not order online so that will take me awhile

GB Ukraine GB all animals GB all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FE055D580058?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb