Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 603321 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25950 on: December 09, 2022, 05:54:23 AM »

6:49 36 degrees but calm.  Might go for a walk this morning.  Will bundle up, and wear gloves too.
Not much to report today.  It is Friday, but all days look alike since I retired 21 years ago.  In fact I like weekdays more than weekends now.  That is different.  I like that everything I want to do is available during the day to elderly folks.  We can enjoy the 2pm and 3pm time slots almost everywhere without much crowding.  Even restaurants are empty at 3pm.  So that is part of why elderly et such early dinners I think. Just sayin'.
Bye for now thanks for being here. GBU EV1 and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25951 on: December 09, 2022, 10:49:03 AM »

hi joho i like weekdays better too esp. mondays i hate that animal ad too poor suffering dogs cats i  do alot for animals too i think when i am changing the channel whoever filmed that shame on them if they did nothing! i have tons of animals but would help those poor animals im still unloading my car hard to walk walmart cart filled up hard to push almost time to let indy out was rainy but not right now.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25952 on: December 09, 2022, 03:52:46 PM »

Zebra Butterfly ... 47:?      62°   (2:03 pm)   Clear and sunny, and a slight breeze.  It feels chilly.

Hi everyone, I hope your day is going well.

Do any of you have snow on the ground?  My friend in Des Moines doesn't, and hopes for at least a dusting of it on Christmas Day.  It seems like maybe many will not have A White Christmas this year.  When I was a kid in Massachusetts, I remember a lot of snow.  It seems like it has changed

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25953 on: December 09, 2022, 08:39:49 PM »

no snow here right now, but I am hoping for some.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25954 on: December 10, 2022, 05:17:56 AM »

hi you guys its 35 here 32 in iceland 29 snowing in kviv and 51 in the barn i was watching cnn earlier and saw brittany leaving russia also showed her hair cut and working at that penal colony deal said she could not sew her hands too big and tables way to small for her that viktor bout after all the work and years getting him and now he is out and putin wanted him badly should of given up every american he had for that merchant of death and any more american lives taken by him on biden and griner some say and i think maybe that too. i sure do hope she can stand and listen to our natl anthem now she brought all that on to herself and lets hope she does not go back russia again or really anyone else. viktor moms called putin and thanked him for getting her son out. it  showed putin did say maybe more trades so hoping paul gets out

hi neva no snow here either maybe next week temp will be dropping . nora got snow looks like winter at her place  :) are you all ready for christmas?

joho do you christmas shop?

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/06055D517455?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #25955 on: December 10, 2022, 06:47:09 AM »

neva snowing at falcon cam. nora in iowa by decorah she got snow
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25956 on: December 10, 2022, 08:54:54 AM »

5:11 Close worked better on this one. Others sometimes require precision placement of pieces to click into place.  This is more fun.  Since my mouse isn't very reliable at grabbing a piece.
Cal,  On shopping, I used to take extreme care to make sure everyone received a gift that would suit their desires.  I did not do all the shopping.  I had Joan and others to do it for me, but I did make sure what they got was what was appreciated. I did shop for Joan's gifts.
 It was a good feeling at opening time. It was worth all the effort and sometimes cost at that time of life.
 Now I do all my shopping in one stop at the bank for envelopes and crisp new bills.  Everyone on my list gets the same gift in various sizes.  They all seem to like it.  Sometimes I will add some lottery scratch offs.  I don't like them, but most others do.  I avoid gift cards, because I think a high percentage of them get forgotten and never redeemed. I know mine do.
I will go to Walmart a little later to get some cereal, bread , and milk.  Then a stop at Drugmart for deli goods.
  No snow yet, but it is coming this way from the West.  All the Midwest animal cams are showing snow this morning.  The nearest to me is Snowman Cam in Gaylord, MI.  So we should be next.  Here's hoping.
BTW, I do not have much sympathy for celebrity athletes who get caught doing drugs.  Who are is inspired by this behavior? 
Bye for now.  GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25957 on: December 10, 2022, 01:16:29 PM »

hi joho i give my niece jeanne money and a gift got her a mario game for her switch that i bought her last christmas she screamed with delight i buy stuff for her two cats jim sister got me stuff but best gift was gift card to my feed store i still have it will keep it my grandmother use to give same gifts as you do know  :) indy is out we kinda mapped out new fence for him keep him closer but can open new gate let him run it all justin and john going to help jim put it up over christmas vacation ford gives dec 24 thru jan 1 off with pay. you did good on puzzle course just doing it is good are you giving boss money lottery ticket and a gift card wow really foggy at falcon cliff cam
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 01:18:04 PM by calihoula »

calhound

« Reply #25958 on: December 11, 2022, 05:20:15 AM »

hi you guys its 27 here and really foggy fog alert on tv i could still see the moon almost straight up but in the fog looked pretty cool. its 33 in iceland 28 snowing in kviv and 51 in the barn. wish it was 51 in kyiv i forgot to tell you guys i got a toad living in the barn has been for months it is under the hay in sweets stall its a talker too. :)

Ukraine has attacked a barracks in the Russian-occupied city of Melitopol with some Ukrainian sources claiming scores of Russian casualties.

According to witnesses 10 explosions were heard, although some of those may have been from Russian anti-aircraft systems. Ukrainian officials claimed scores of Russian dead and injured while Russia conceded a handful of casualties.

Video footage posted on social media showed what was claimed to be a Russian barracks in the southern city engulfed in a fierce blaze with some claiming the site was being used by the Wagner mercenary group.

Another video showed rescue workers in the ruins with several bodies visible.

The site, a former resort and hotel complex next to a church in the city known as the Hunter’s Halt, was being used as a barracks with most of the casualties apparently in a mess hall when it was hit.

The strike on Melitopol – reportedly with Himars rockets – was one of several overnight on Russian bases. Explosions were also reported overnight in the Russian occupied Crimea including Sevastopol and Simferopol.

A resident leaves his home after Russian shelling destroyed a block in Bakhmut this week.
In the ‘Bakhmut meat grinder’, deadlocked enemy forces slog it out
Read more
The strike on Melitopol came as all non-critical infrastructure in the Ukrainian port of Odesa was without power after Russia used Iranian-made drones on Saturday to hit two energy facilities, leaving 1.5 million people cut off from electricity.

“The situation in the Odesa region is very difficult,” President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said in his nightly video address.

“Unfortunately, the hits were critical, so it takes more than just time to restore electricity … It doesn’t take hours, but a few days, unfortunately.”

In Melitopol the pro-Moscow authorities said a missile attack on Saturday evening killed two people and injured 10, while the exiled Ukrainian mayor

i saw on cnn earlier that ukraine is now making it owns drones. dont need to get the okay from us or anyone where they can hit russia back as it should be.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8A055D5057F1?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25959 on: December 11, 2022, 05:44:01 AM »

6:58 Got up early again this morning.  Went to bed too early last night, but did sleep through.  Which is unusual.  Walking outside in the cool evening dark to get my mail seems to shorten my evening.  I find myself waking up to turn off commercials. LOL  Today the paper mailed what they are calling the "weekend" edition on Saturday so they can all sleep on on Sunday.  Of course, because the mail now comes as late as 6 PM I no longer have a paper to read with my morning coffee.  Very soon I will stop paying $43 for a service I do not enjoy.  No wonder papers are folding across the country.
Need to go for a while now, so CUL EV1  GBU and GB Ukraine. ( thanks Cal for the update.)

neva

« Reply #25960 on: December 11, 2022, 04:01:01 PM »

Ladybug ... 22:45      73° (2:11 pm)    Sunny with a few clouds, and a breeze.  It's a nice day, so far.

I hope that all is well for everyone.

Cal, thanks for the latest report from Ukraine.  I feel so bad for the families trying to care for their children especially, without heat.  Well, all of it.  Trying to live and get through the bad winters over there.  Besides everything else. 

Joho,  you'd think that the publisher would get that the subscribers would rather get their newspapers earlier rather than later.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25961 on: December 12, 2022, 05:25:21 AM »

hi you guys its 32 here 34 in iceland 29 and snowing in kviv 51 in the barn Dr rogers must be spending some time with family.

hi joho like most stuff good old days kinda gone. should get your paper very early in the morning but like you said lots of papers folding down.  when i take a break i just google stuff now. but i was never one to sit and read a newspaper i do get little town paper it comes in the mail so dont get it till afternoon and usually it lays for awhile and free other town paper jim will look at it auction stuff like that. i did not have time to watch chiefs game yesterday jim said they barely won it on the local news this morning showed highlights jim was griping at mahomes but defense was not at its best either win a win. need more coaching maybe that falcon cam is just so cool

hi neva it just so terrible for ukraine hoping they can do more to hit back inside russia wish could hit putin. what a self center crazy.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1D055D4EB17F?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25962 on: December 12, 2022, 08:51:47 AM »

Hi ev1, Just got up. LOL Making up for early rise yesterday I guess.  Was doing puzzle, but quit when an add started up talking to me .  It kept saying, "hi Honey..." over and over.  Could not find a way to silence it so I quit. 
I am fine.  The day is gray, but not too bad for December in Ohio.  Will take a ride later.  Don't know where.  Maybe go see Deb, and Boss, and Bash for a few minutes. Maybe just ride in the country.
Went to Meijer's.  A nice lady in front of me was putting her stuff on the counter.  She picked up a small bowl of cherry tomatoes and the lid came of in her hand. The bowl dropped to the floor and little red balls went skittering everywhere.  I was boxed in by the sides of the aisle, and could not help her.  I backed up a little and she did a good job rounding up the bunch of balls back into the bowl.  We talked about what could be on them from the floor.  She did not buy them. She gave them to the cashier for disposal. She seemed like a good and courteous person.  When she went around the end of the counter to get her bags I pushed forward and she said I can't reach the pay slot.  I told her that was ok, because I can do it for her with my card.  She was overwhelmed, but very grateful. The bill was $167.  My visa will be a little higher than usual this month, but it is Christmas time. I feel like Scrooge after the ghostly visits. LOL
 Merry Christmas.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25963 on: December 12, 2022, 11:25:13 AM »

hi joho i forget who is bash nice of you to pay little tomatoes bill! you might get a new friend it is gray windy here too but tomorrow rain all day cold this weekend wicked cold so getting ready to let indy out. tims mare is out with her shadow little donkey eating on a big bale hay the puzzle was saying hi honey?

johoward

« Reply #25964 on: December 12, 2022, 01:00:40 PM »

Bash is Sebastian.  Mary's baby boy. My great grandson. I called him "Dash" for 6 months in error.  I went to the mail box around the corner, and kept on walking around the neighborhood.  When I neared home it started to snow little balls of snow.  Was nice.  Not much wind and not too cold.  Yes the add on the right started up by itself, and I could not get it off.  I will try again now.  Sometimes I will get talk and sounds from other windows I have open.  Like now I can hear the traffic sounds from the GSB Cam which I have open in the background while I type this reply.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine