Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 625775 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25965 on: December 12, 2022, 01:10:21 PM »

5:42 finally done.   I think I just heard the mail truck go by.  So I will now walk again to the mailbox.  Bye now.

calihoula

« Reply #25966 on: December 12, 2022, 04:55:36 PM »

hi joho i heard traffic too from great falcon cam i thought that was who bash was bash very cute nickname. did you see in advent calendar today paper arrived early at flower shop came before store opened
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25967 on: December 12, 2022, 05:47:16 PM »

Presents ...  18:33    51°  (4:12 pm)    Partially cloudy, sunny and we were supposed to get rain, but it turned into snow in the mountains, around the valley.  It's chilly.

Hi, I hope all is well for you all today.

How kind of you, Joho.  'What goes around, comes around', as they say, and may it come back to you.  The other thing is people practicing 'Random acts of kindness'.  I wish more people were into that.

Hi Cal.  I am really enjoying the Advent Calendar, thanks.  How is Sweets doing?

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25968 on: December 13, 2022, 05:46:39 AM »

Catching up on Ambassador Bear Holly and More - UPDATE December 12, 2022

Grackle
"Taught" caught Holly in action in her nice 5-minute music video of Holly in her stolen den—or maybe her rightful den that she deserves for being the dominant female. I don’t know how to look at it.

Beautiful Holly begins the video by showing us her nice bed made of grass, but as she shows us, she has a tantalizing piece of grass clinging to her left eyebrow, probably from having her head tucked under her chest to keep her short-haired muzzle warm and inhale some of the heat and moisture that she has exhaled. Probably everyone who has sees this mentally tells her to brush off the piece of grass, but she keeps eating snow as another way to gain moisture. Halfway through the video, she vigorously shakes her head, and the grass is gone. Then she retreats back into the dark depth of the den, showing how well constructed her bed is before saying good night to all. Thank you "Taught". The action was good and the music was soothing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFnUTGns3JM

Raven pair

Out the window, the raven pair has been demonstrating how he (on the left with his eyebrow raised) and his smaller mate like to start their day. Day after day, break of day finds them sitting close to each other, making me wonder if they spent the night like that. On this day, they repeatedly touched their beaks together as they sat facing each other before flying off to be seen alone now and then throughout the day.

The lone grackle, recognizable by the distinctive white spot on her breast, sat looking extra pretty in the light, still apparently doing okay on her own although she is much less aggressive in grabbing peanuts than the blue jays.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25969 on: December 13, 2022, 06:00:55 AM »

hi you guys its 37 heavy rain and sleet 34 in iceland 31 and snowing in kviv 51 and flooded by the back sliding in the barn. indy was scared too that heavy rain and sleet on that metal roof was LOUD the flooding so far by his back door it has like a ditch there and its full of water i tried to take some out then threw pellets out to help it. a mess. update nice to see. all is well in ely.

Hi Neva i saw it was 40 for you on the weather channel but lots of snow and big winds big storm moving thru sweets is good i use his upper bars in his stall to get thru helps me but when he jumps up and hits my fingers really hurts. i was yelling at him stay off your bars!! trying to carrying this heavy bucket of water out. course he did not. i feel like this advent calendar does not have lots of stuff like other ones have but maybe more stuff will come instead of just videos course half dec is already gone. i saw on the world news now big attention to paul whelan so hoping he gets out next and soon saw trump had a chance to make that trade he did not said merchant of death should not get out and then they said he was just interested in paul whelan.

hi joho!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/82055D5352EE?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #25970 on: December 13, 2022, 11:03:33 AM »

3:27 on lighthouse been hauling buckets of water outta barn stop raining! :(
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25971 on: December 13, 2022, 11:26:14 AM »

neva

« Reply #25972 on: December 13, 2022, 04:09:19 PM »

Beacon ...  31:57     51°  (2:19 pm)   Sunny and some clouds, a bit breezy and chilly.  For us it's cold.

I hope all are well.

Yes Cal,  my youngest daughter, Michelle is really feeling the cold.  She deals with heat better than cold. 
I'm sorry that indy is having a hard time dealing with the weather conditions, the flooding and noise.

I am enjoying the Advent Calendar, all I would wish for is a dog and a couple of kittens in the house.  They have had more complicated calendars in the past, but this one is as beautifully done as ever.

Hi Joho.
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25973 on: December 13, 2022, 05:58:15 PM »

hi neva it stopped raining and jim helped me scoop out water then we pellet it indy all happy its was in the 40,s watching local news sub zero next week christmas eve sub zero saying just brutal we got propane yesterday jim called he is in charge of that i got too much to do chiefs playing here christmas in the brutal cold poor birds ive been putting out can cat food on my sidewalk by door siamese coming eating it and little debbies fancy cakes  yes i bet michelle was very cold calendar fun making wreath i got an email from them said lots of stuff coming  :) yes neva from the get go i was sad no cats or dogs in our advent house whats with that we are not driving him south for the winter well maybe joho could he likes getting out going for a drive!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 06:01:12 PM by calihoula »

johoward

« Reply #25974 on: December 13, 2022, 10:37:01 PM »

5:20  Not too bad.  Hi EV1  Nice grey day all day.  Not much to report, except I am glad the eagle cams are back.
Pretty late getting to it today.  Lots of running around. Cleaning and what not for company.  Spent most of the day learning to play Mexican train dominoes.  I like it.
Late now.  Sleepy.  CUL GB U and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #25975 on: December 13, 2022, 11:24:50 PM »

Feeding Station for Birds:

(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25976 on: December 14, 2022, 05:43:45 AM »

hi you guys its 32 here but not raining sick of rain 33 in iceland snowing and 27 in kviv but not snowing and 51 in the barn.

hi joho i like dominoes have not played for a very long time will have to check out mexican one someday.

hi neva love the bird feeding station lots of work to that nice to do for birds. went out to the barn earlier and water seeped back in one spot a pool of water i pellet that  poop all over indy did kinda poop in one area so that helped sweets almost got fingers in the bars.got to pick up groceries at walmart very soon and go by harps jim he says for me to go by feed store get pellets well jim got to pick up groceries and that will fill up back of my car and harps will do the front seat and they dont open till 8 am i will be home or almost home by then how about after your morning meeting at work you get them. geez i saw on the weather channel earlier 35 for you. bet harlow kinda likes that cold weather :)

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/31055D4A94CA?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25977 on: December 14, 2022, 08:22:58 AM »

5:21 Yay for me. Close click-in helped a lot.  33 and gray day here.  Nice feeder Neva. Sounds like Cal needs a truck.  I would recommend and nice F150 with a good Ford 6 engine and 4x4 on the fly option.  Should also have a nice tight ARE or Leer cap.  I miss mine a lot.  I loved it.  Had to get rid of it due to Triton V8 locking up.
GSB Cam operator looking around at woods and normal view of nest by the time I got there.  Lots of turkeys, but no new snow in MI on Snowman Cam.  Lots of new snow in Ely on Holley's Pond Cam.  No snow in OH on Akron Backyard Cam.  No snow in OR on 24/7 Live animal Cam.  No snow in Dublin on Fox Heaven Cam.
Will leave you now.  HAGD GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #25978 on: December 14, 2022, 04:34:00 PM »

New Orleans ...  22:01   51°  (3:16 pm)  It's sunny, but cold today.   Sorry to complain.  I found out they got a foot of snow up at the Ski Lodge, up on the mountain north of the city.  They will love that.  There's a village up there too, and year round residents.  Alpine forest growth.

I hope that everyone is having a decent day.

Hi Cal.  Harlow has real short, sleek fur, and could use a sweater/coat for when she has to be out, especially traveling between houses in the night (to Bella's boyfriend's place and back)  Harlow's tummy doesn't have much fur on it.  We have to cover the plant containers out back.  The dog in the picture below, sitting next to Harlow is Tyler's Corgi, Rey.  She and Harlow are buddies.

Hi Joho

Rey and Harlow

Did I already post this picture???  If so, sorry.  I have never been to that dog park before, and I do imagine that that is a bench bought by someone making the park possible.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 04:53:18 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25979 on: December 14, 2022, 05:38:55 PM »

hi joho truck you described sounds like jims truck. he went and got pellets unloaded them onto gator then put them down in the barn my little can opener was out for his two hours pellets stuff too heavy for me does not hurt jim to help you still have no snow wow none here neva got some by her  :) go figure

hi neva harlow coat like indys he does not have a horses undercoated winter fur. how far is bellas boyfriend from you is his name tyler and corgi his dog? rey beautiful like harlow i wondered if name on that bench a donor of dog park very nice park for dogs. im very tired first time i sat today so going to bed now dogs already sleeping when i was out in barn at 5 indy watching me sit on that hay holding maybe he kept yawning so i yawned told him he has pretty hair pretty lips he was moving his lips not speaking i said are you whispering boy are you keeping secrets he cocked his head and moved his head up and down  :)