Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602081 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23685 on: July 25, 2021, 12:32:04 PM »

6:52 nice dog.  really late start today.
  Recuperating from visit by Debbie, Brian, Nick, Boss, and two year old Odin.  What a whirlwind.  I asked them all over to pick up some very nice blackberries I bought for them, and some chew treats for Boss..  Nice visit all told.
Got to see Lucky in the pond and I guess Holly near the pond getting some raspberries.
Now someone is talking on pond cam and Holly is there with treat tube. So I will let you go for now God Bless

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #23686 on: July 26, 2021, 06:41:49 AM »

hi you guys its 70 here not as hot today i dont think but wed really hot

hi joho blackberry cobbler sounded so good you said you might make one nice to have family visit kinda nice when they go home too  :) soon will have to go get my sister she is working on getting health care and i have barn swallows feeding their new babies 3 of them nest is in rafters on roof of walk out in basement where she goes to smoke over and over new parents do not need that. i put out a tall fan for them when they were building it now those babies hang over get that fan.  i got water on a chair out there too but i think they go to the pond for water but i still have it yesterday morning i was down there feeding the cats cleaning up i always look out the door to see them two little raccoonie were looking in the door and pulver one of my cats ran over to that door and little raccoonies took off.  this morning i had 3 moms 6 babies i need to get more dog food

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8A055D5057F1?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23687 on: July 26, 2021, 08:07:52 AM »

6:06 rehab soon. so CUL GB

calhound

« Reply #23688 on: July 27, 2021, 05:45:37 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here got to get groceries

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/D3055D50D400?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23689 on: July 27, 2021, 03:38:19 PM »

5:35 bats in my belfries.  Went to Henrietta for peaches and to Berlin Heights for lunch.  Nice ride to see nice farmer people from years past.  Met some new nice people too.  At one farm this little corgi ran up to my door as I parked.  When I opened my door to get out she jumped right in.  She wanted to go for a ride, and did not care who was driving. LOL  Her owner said she would be missed.  So we got her out and put her in her doggy circle for a while.  I got peaches from two places, and tomatoes from two other places.  That was it.  I will give peaches away asap so they are used promptly. Gonna go try some from each place now.  So CUL
PS bears chewy tv eagles and falcon doing ok today so far tg  GB

calhound

« Reply #23690 on: July 28, 2021, 06:12:35 AM »

Big Harry is Back - UPDATE July 27, 2021
Loons
Loons w/sky reflection

The final member of the gray-haired group finally showed up last evening when Big Harry, the perennial mate of June in years past, joined the gray-haired group of Shadow, Guy, Burt, and Jack.

Loon
Loon w/forest reflection

Today was a wonderful day of sharing the excitement of bears with like-minded course participants. Good weather told us this was also a day for a two-hour pontoon boat ride to see other nature. I don’t know if I have seen loons more relaxed. Blueberries struggle
Blueberries struggle
As we floated quietly, they came near, pausing to groom, shake water off their wings, or just cruise by in water that looked blue if it reflected the sky or green if it reflecting the forest. The sun brought out the red in their eyes. It was a nice time of relaxing on the water after the excitement of bears in this year of scarce food in the forest. The blueberry picture shows the general scarcity and small size of them in this year of late frost and severe drought. Despite the generally scarce wild food, we watched a bear find a chokecherry sapling and quickly strip it of its berries—a small meal in this year of generally shriveled berries.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23691 on: July 28, 2021, 06:22:16 AM »

hi you guys update pictures so good harry is back yay. going to be a really hot one today 98 99 heat index 106 or more i mowed yesterday morning the dogs yard happy to have that done. getting bids on my sisters susies place her mobile home has huge slashes in the side man who came yesterday to give bid on all rebuild clean up said that was from the fire dept trying to save it from burning to the ground also but is is ruined now that whole side of mobile ruined to needs to be hauled away which he included on his bid jim heading back down there this morning getting bids from elec company on new breaker boxes etc i got tons to do here hope everyone stays cool today good the bears have that pond

hi joho scary a dog jumping into anyones car im happy to know mine would not do that not that they would get the chance too. corgis are so cute that is kind of dog stephen king has we have a henrietta town too.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B1055D565E53?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23692 on: July 28, 2021, 08:48:51 AM »

7:26 what a creature.  Looks artificial. Computer acting up.  Wants me to download something.  So I will come back later. GB

calhound

« Reply #23693 on: July 29, 2021, 06:01:40 AM »

Graying Guy and More - UPDATE July 28, 2021
Graying Guy
Graying Guy
I don’t know how old he is, but a bear named Guy is a solid member of the Graying Group with his bushy white eyebrows and many gray forehead hairs that he did not have in 2007.

A delight for me in the Black Bear Field Study Courses is seeing the enthusiasm of participants as they experience life-changing moments with bears. But some of their most satisfying moments are quietly observing bears and other nature alone.

In the last two days, pictures they took included bears playing where the participant observed the ‘airplane ears’ of bears at play in a pond with each other and with a stick.

Vern & playmate
Vern & playmate
Vern
Vern
Another shot was of a pileated woodpecker that had fewer feathers on his head than I’d ever seen.

Then they shared perhaps the most detailed look at the neck and head of a loon I’d ever seen. It was a great look at the irridescence of the neck and the ruby brightness of the eye.

Loon
Loon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker
Then came the picture of the day—a poignant picture of 34-year-old Shadow as the sun was going down.

Shadow
Shadow

A happy and satisfying day for all.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23694 on: July 29, 2021, 06:06:30 AM »

hi you guys its hot and humid here already it is 80 today hotter than yesterday today temp will be 100 heat index 108 or 110. i hope everyone is okay rues hope you guys are okay. good update pictures i hope someone watches out for poor old shadow. got lots to do while sun is still not up yet

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BC055D4CF12A?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23695 on: July 29, 2021, 07:26:31 AM »

5:44 Love those innocent little dogs.  The cat did it.  Thanks Cal.
 Rehab at 10 again.  Not too sore this morning.  Don't know why.  Back comes and goes with no reason.  Probably arthritis.
Says 74 and raining, but don't see any rain yet.
Have not seen any of our babies yet this morning.  So I will leave you and go find them before I have to go out.
CUL EV1 God Bless

calhound

« Reply #23696 on: July 29, 2021, 09:22:27 AM »

4:01 hi joho i saw both tvs babies earlier see one now wont be much longer they will fly the skies. i will miss them but they do not need or want to spend their lives in that barn soon be heading down south for the winter. yes the cat brought in that turtle  :) hope the turtle is a pet someone cares for it. if not put it back where it was heading they spend their whole lives staying in their area move them can cause lots of damage to them. so remember see one on the road okay to help it across the way they were heading. i filled all the water bowls inside and out fill up this big low pan for turtles that make their way up here and then head back out. its so hot here  hope you have a good rehab day

johoward

« Reply #23697 on: July 29, 2021, 05:14:52 PM »

Sternwheeler going into lock on GSB Falcon cam now. FYI good you saw them cal no cam for me .  GB

johoward

« Reply #23698 on: July 29, 2021, 05:17:16 PM »

And it is huge looks like an ocean liner with numerous decks.

calhound

« Reply #23699 on: July 30, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »

hi you guys sorry tons of extra stuff forgot to post still tons to do its 83 here hot humid said last day tomorrow high 85 chance of storms my poor little swallows in the nest under basement walkout yesterday afternoon it was 109 heat index they were standing up in that little nest getting that fan little mouths open parents working hard to feed them they are getting bigger the ones in the nest under our covered front porch i saw them two babies flying last week i was on the sidewalk coming out of the barn then flew around the corner and by me and their whole family flying with them mom dad grands uncles aunts

hi joho no tv cams for me this morning or now  :( chiefs first preseason game i heard aug 14 san fran home opener sept 12 against yep the browns at arrowhead will always be arrowhead to me not that g something something.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/11055D5875E6?z=0