Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 603279 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23640 on: July 11, 2021, 05:43:41 AM »

hi you guys its 65 here i did not see any stars in the sky hope no rain jim heading to susies to mow and take pictures  will someone get that tick off spanky

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/DB055D58B9BC?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23641 on: July 11, 2021, 09:07:49 AM »

6:10

Thanks for update.  Makes me want to join in and go see all the bears.  Seems like a busy day there.

Good morning ev1.  64 degrees and spotty showers all day today.  Not sure what I want to do.  May go see an old friend of ours from years ago. A widow on her own in a camp ground near Cedar Point.  Been wanting to do this for several years and just never got to it.
  Not an overnight.  Just about an hour each way.  Thinking about a nice restaurant lunch on this rainy day would be a good break for a long time camper.  I need to call ahead soon if this is going to work out.

Still just a thought for now.  CUL  GB

calhound

« Reply #23642 on: July 12, 2021, 06:27:36 AM »

hi you guys its nice here 62 working on stuff for lawyer on susies place

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CE055D4FA5D8?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23643 on: July 13, 2021, 05:36:39 AM »

Play, Pool, and Production - UPDATE July 12, 2021
One of Lucy's male cubs
One of Lucy's male cubs

In the heat of this 88° day, Lucy’s 38-pound male cub was happy to relax in the pool.

Vern and Snowflake
Vern and Snowflake
As the sun got down near the horizon yearling male Vern climbed a rickety cedar tree and was joined by his 2-year-old female friend Snowflake.

As the sun was disappearing, 22-year-old RC sat down to rest, unaware that she is the most productive mother in Shadow’s clan. RC
RC
Born in 1999, she has produced 10 litters totaling 29 cubs. Her closest competitors are her 34-year-old mother Shadow with 27 known cubs, and her 21-year-old cousin Donna with 26 cubs. However, if Donna has another litter of 4 this year, she will jump into the lead with 30.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23644 on: July 13, 2021, 05:40:09 AM »

johoward

« Reply #23645 on: July 13, 2021, 08:47:52 AM »

5:18 on eagle.  Baby at GSB ready to fledge from the looks of things.  Then we will have only TV chicks to root for. Nice dinner with Mary and Debbie last night at Heck's.  Burger was dry and tasteless.  Mary had a delicious looking chicken skeweres and rice dish as well as a buffalo cauliflower dish we shared.  It was good.  Cost $75 for three with no desert and waters to drink.  I won't go back.  They are over rated, and over priced.  Service was excellent though, and ambiance was good for a comfortable eating environment.
 Felt good to be out and about.  I wore my mask .
 Hard workout at rehab.  Still very sore. Scheduled 8 additional rehab sessions.
Bought a new phone at Walmart.  Man transferred all my photos and contacts to the new phone via blue tooth.  Took a while, but they were not busy at all.
 Ordered another mattress from QVC.  It will arrive August 6th.  I am not sure what to do with this last one from Tommy Copper.  Qvc does not want it back.
Very busy day.  Finished up the day visiting with Debbie and Boss until about 10 PM.  We were on her back porch until well after dark.  Boss started to go after the lightning bugs.  So we went inside.  Boss was pretty well behaved.  It was a little tough for Debbie to keep him from lunging after the numerous litte bunnies coming out of the fence row to nibble on the grass close to us, but she did it.  He is getting much better at obeying her. He has learned a lot of tricks, and is smart and anxious to please.  Today just trying to get over soreness, and go see Dr. for periodic checkup.
CUL EV1 GB

ruesgram

« Reply #23646 on: July 13, 2021, 05:17:25 PM »

Hi Jewelies! Another hot, humid, windy and off and on rainy day here in the valley. Went to Robin's this morning to cut down the neighbor's tree limbs and vines that were covering Robin's garage roof. That nasty neighbor of hers still doesn't take care of his yard. His property is so overgrown it looks like a dense jungle. We had just finished and heading home when a storm hit. We seem to be stuck in this weather system of wind, rain, heat and humidity.

Cal, cool that the fire bug will be held responsible! Hope you get a big payout. The update pics have been so good. I wish someone would get that tick off Spanky, too! Happy belated 33rd anniversary to you and Jim! Can't believe you both forgot! Our 50th is coming up this fall. It's unlikely we'll forget ours because it's also my sister's birthday! She won't let anyone forget her birthday! Lol! How's Polly? Did she get medical insurance? My sister has been checking into Medicare plans since she'll be eligible this fall. She needs a colonoscopy and a mammogram but is waiting till she has Medicare. Robin has started making travel plans. She is flying to Nashville, TN next month to visit Tasha. Tasha works near Nashville now. Robin and Letty have a couple trips to NYC planned later in the fall and early next year. One of the trips to NYC is to see Harry Potter again on Broadway. They are also thinking about another trip to Hawaii. I have no plans for any trips to anywhere! Happy just to stay home.

Jo, my sister's pup, Hattie, chases lightning bugs, too! She also chases butterflies! She is growing so fast. I went with sis when she took Hattie to the vet to get her stitches out from her spaying. I had hold of Hattie's leash as sis was paying the bill. A boy who was with his mom and their little dog came over and petted Hattie. I'd say the boy was probably 8 or 9. He said he had never seen a dog with such a long nose. I told him she was a collie mix. I said you know like Lassie, the tv dog. Nope he didn't know who I was talking about! Lol!  Hope your new mattress is better.

Have a nice evening! :)

johoward

« Reply #23647 on: July 13, 2021, 08:45:26 PM »

Hiev1, Nice day here with sporadic downpours.  You know the kind where the sun is blazing and the street is flowing.
Good day for rainbows, but I did not see any. 
I am hoping that "extra firm" will do the trick. Wont find out until after aug 6th.
Went to Dr today .  He was pleased with my health.  He takes it personal.  Thank God.  Very good doctor, and an old friend. Going to hit the hay soon .  So I will say CUL and God Bless

calhound

« Reply #23648 on: July 14, 2021, 06:02:37 AM »

Picture of the Day - UPDATE July 13, 2021
Chloe nursing cubs by Alex Hoar
Chloe nursing cubs by Alex Hoar

It was a day of bears, pictures, and excitement—a day of Shadow and her clan being photographed by people who had followed the lives of these bears for years. The picture of the day to me was Alex Hoar’s picture of Shadow’s granddaughter 3-year-old Chloe nursing her first two cubs, Charley Brown and Lincoln. Chloe is on alert at the base of a white pine that her cubs can run up in a second at the sign of danger. At this angle, Chloe shows her long nose and the short new fur on her face and the long old fur she will shed from the rest of her body. The picture of the growing family is nicely framed by two white pines.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23649 on: July 14, 2021, 06:16:46 AM »

hi you guys it is 72 but feels muggy already weatherman said humid hot hot day today big fat storms tomorrow rain friday too maybe sat too oh shut up weatherman nice update today

hi rues! i had to laugh when you told little boy lassie i thought that kid will not know who lassie is! we do though. https://youtu.be/3zopwFjRVuk  oh sister wants everyone to remember her birthday too but she was not good to remember jims but now she does. she has no idea when we got married or stuff like that. she has forgotten mine but i dont care i would like to forget it too. we are in that pattern robins neighbor is lazy and how rude to let you guys have to do that. i hate rudeness. i guess crows cracked feet are better i hope so. i go back to my dr next week going to ask for an xray on my ankle why so swollen and painful still. foot still gets swollen too sister goes to check out health plans i think on the 20th. i told her not to lie about smoking they will know. yay robin back to travel and seeing harry potter again wow! with her harry potter friend!

hi joho like rues i hope this new mattress will be the one! maybe boss can use your old one or you can donate it somewhere.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FA055D5BBAED?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23650 on: July 14, 2021, 08:18:36 AM »

5:57 looks very old.  nice here again 74 and sunny  Goin out. don't know where yet.  Bank for sure  I am broke.
CUL GB

johoward

« Reply #23651 on: July 14, 2021, 04:19:46 PM »

Just started to type and doorbell rang.  Nice neighbor lady wants to feed me.  She thinks I need looking after.  Tonight she is sharing mac and cheese.  Which I will enjoy. Soon.
I did have a nice outing.  I went to Valley City Chill and Grill for lunch.  Then to medina for Circles on the Square gourmet donuts. 
Just got home.  I did not forget the bank.  Oh Oh There is my mac and cheese. My neighbor lady is so nice and wants to help all she can. I asked her in and showed her around so she could see my stock of food and not worry so much.  She seemed satisfied when she left that I was OK.
I am starting to get a little hungry, and mac n cheese is waiting and warm.  So I will sign off for now and probably see you tomorrow.  GB

calhound

« Reply #23652 on: July 15, 2021, 06:04:42 AM »

hi you guys its 80 here big storm on its way my computer went off i guess thru the night had to restart pain bring back my tabs says tv cam out right now boo to that. have to go to the bank this morning.

hi joho is neighbor lady married? if i was gone everyone would know jim was fed okay just looking at him. donuts sound good!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/4F055D4EB5AA?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23653 on: July 15, 2021, 06:56:05 PM »

darn lost my msg again.  I think I hit wrong key.  Lady is just a nice neighbor.  She is married.  her dog, which she walk a lot is Fifi.  She is a little poodle looking dog.  Very nice.
What I really want to say is I looked at Decorah Eagle Cam and found out that at 8am tomorrow they will be taking a virtual tour of the hatchery, and at 12 noon another program.  Then on Sat even more virtual programs about what they do and what they hope to do.  Sound like something to not miss.
Sore from rehab gonna tke a break now.  CUL EV1
GB

johoward

« Reply #23654 on: July 16, 2021, 06:01:53 AM »

6:50 on canoe Decorah at 8am remember. Getting an early start.  Now for coffee and cereal. cul GB