Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1113269 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28785 on: August 14, 2024, 10:16:59 PM »

hi joho i woke up came to see if you posted yay you are okay and helped many dogs and cats yay i left this morning for city as soon as i went out side door it poured driving in hard rain again got to dr foster i was happy to see him not the shots but felt safe and knew he would remove that old tooth he did he put in bone and barrier deal stitches for new implant i told him i love my new tooth he said it looks good it feels good too changed my life for me in a way so i will only let dr foster remove old bad teeth and do an implant hate to lose a tooth but really nice getting a new strong one. happy you are okay joho my good friend yes miss the babies we got more rain coming in a few hours and tomorrow i am not going anywhere tomorrow
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28786 on: August 15, 2024, 05:16:18 AM »

A Photo Celebration - UPDATE August 14, 2024

Catherine Davison of England has her camera at the ready. She sees and shoots. Here is some of what she saw.

Bald eagle, 1st year - by  C.Davison

At the eagles nest on the pontoon ride, she spotted the grown nestling eaglet on a branch near the nest, saw it fly to a nearby tree, and got it in flight, showing the dark belly of a first year eaglet.

20240814 Red squirrel C.Davison

A red squirrel on a white pine trunk paused for a look at the lady from England and click—its captivating look had to be part of the update.

Melanie by C. Davison

When 19-year-old Ursula’s 5-year-old daughter stopped by to show us that her two unnamed and unsexed cubs again had the bright, richly colored muzzles that run in the family, Catherine clicked.

Goldie in pond C.Davison
Goldie in pond C. Davison

When Goldie said it was time to cool off in the pond, Catherine captured his time of relaxation.

Porter by C. Davison
Porter by C. Davison
 Porters eye by C. Davison
Porters eye by C.  Davison
Finally, when Braveheart’s son Porter showed his 9-year-old face, Catherine clicked not only his face but a close-up of his eye that was reflecting her blue jacket.

Thank you, Catherine!

And thank you all for all YOU do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28787 on: August 15, 2024, 05:23:02 AM »

hi you guys its 70 and raining not hard at least but raining we are once again in a rain pattern. i hear all kinds of crickets outside another sign fall on its way around here i got to go to town the bank get gas and pharmacy get my prescription for pain medicine filled. hope not pouring rain again but at least i do not have to drive to the city

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AE055D5679E0?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28788 on: August 15, 2024, 07:56:52 AM »

7:03 Very nice this morning again.  Did I say I love August.  County fairs cool evenings etc.
Hi EV1.  I did have a very long and busy day, but it was satisfying too.  There was some mix up due to wrong drugmart having a prescription I needed to refill for my next dentist appointment.  Of course it was all due to me not seeing the old pills on the counter next to my coffee maker until I got back with the new pills that I really did not need. LOL
I did have a nice dinner and a movie with Karen though.  We watched an old thriller with Nicholas Cage, Conair.  Karen was unfamiliar with this movie.  I have seen it several times, and still like to watch the really remarkable scenes unfold.  I had keep reassuring Karen that it would have a happy ending.  She was especially concerned for the safety of the little girl having tea with the seriously psycho convict.
I was impressed that Karen knew the actress, Monica Brokaw Potter, that played Cage's wife.  She and Karen were friends  in her Cleveland neighborhood as teenagers.
OK Now my coffee is getting cold.  So I will say HAGD. GBU EV1, and Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffering/

calihoula

« Reply #28789 on: August 15, 2024, 02:13:48 PM »

hi joho weather awful here hot veryyyyyyyy humid. awful i got my pain medicine from pharmacy cvs and like jim with that one hateful woman there she was rude to me no one else there but she told me to come back in an hour i just said im going to the sonic be back to get my prescription so i did and she acted like who am i well izz was just here got my stuff i also read they close every day from 1:30 to 2 for lunch we really need to go elsewhere. many places we can go. lots of fairs around here but weather is awful poor animals lots of elderly people and they dont like hot humid weather i dont indy dont my dogs dont i love conair seen it many times too i like steve buscemi with all the villians on the plane he made garland greene stand out i also thought that little girl brought out a softer side of him  i loved the long riders i know i told you you should look for it watch it if i see it on i will tell you. https://youtu.be/x-iV2P0eP-M?si=tzMcSRgcU0l_rxwD
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28790 on: August 15, 2024, 04:58:16 PM »

WOW! I can see why you like The Long Riders.  It has all the famous western outlaws in one gang, and seems based on history.
I see the bears and wolves in Ely are getting rained on.  Lucky headed into his den as soon as BTS group quit giving him peanuts. LOL Tasha was just walking around in the rain.

calhound

« Reply #28791 on: August 16, 2024, 05:55:24 AM »

hi you guys its 72 here another hot day for today but maybe not quite as hot only 100 i saw on my news lucas kunce running for dem senate ran into that josh hawley rep senate and he said to hawley why are you so weird    :) i sure hope lucas wins it

hi joho yes the long riders are based on famous outlaws it is history like watching history lots of stuff from the get go. i really liked they had real life brothers in it. woman in it just as great too. that lucky he is so funny. no more snacks see ya.  food gone lucky gone. tasha what is a little rain just wet snow. all those bears are cool. i think i do not have to go anywhere today every day this week had to leave.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/67055D5BF190?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28792 on: August 16, 2024, 11:46:21 AM »

Rebuilding North nest right now. Almost done.  I think it is Amy in the new nest.

johoward

« Reply #28793 on: August 16, 2024, 12:03:22 PM »

She is done and taking down her stuff now.

johoward

« Reply #28794 on: August 16, 2024, 12:48:13 PM »

they put some trout in the nest.  I will wait to see the eagles come for lunch.  I hope it is soon. This has been my first time to see this process.  I feel very lucky to catch them doing it.

calhound

« Reply #28795 on: August 16, 2024, 12:50:28 PM »

hi joho in my office working alittle very hot out cool you watching that if you see someone going for that poor fish let me know okay i got some stuff to do out in the barn but will try to watch it later on

johoward

« Reply #28796 on: August 16, 2024, 12:56:38 PM »

too late Cal.  They just turned off the cam.  Only highlights now.  Was really great getting to see them work though. I think it was Amy in the nest.

calhound

« Reply #28797 on: August 16, 2024, 01:06:51 PM »

i went over there yes it was amy and said cam was off earlier showing pictures of them building it and putting in those two fish i really hope they use it cant see why not but you know pretty nice they did that what people donate money for stuff like that

calhound

« Reply #28798 on: August 17, 2024, 05:41:58 AM »

hi you guys its 68 clear here  i went to bed last night had on the weather channel switch to see what was on hbo had to sir with love wow not seen that in awhile so i thought just watch the beginning watched the whole movie. that was a good movie then still is

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0D055D4C3203

johoward

« Reply #28799 on: August 17, 2024, 09:37:49 AM »

5:35 Nice out, but rain later and all day tomorrow.  I want to go to races at fairgrounds tomorrow.  Will probably go in the rain.  Asked Karen to go.  She said yes after church, but I will see if rain is too hard for her. 
Did not see anyone yesterday, and no plans yet for today.
Was really nice seeing the rebuilding of the North nest yesterday.  I would have liked to see when the eagles came to get the fish Amy left for them to try their new nest, but the cam was on "highlights".
I did finally make it to Drugmart.  I had to call them to check on two.  T Good that I did .  They were working on two, but one was not needed, because I already got it from another Drugmart.  They got the real two done in about 10 minutes after I called.  They are not as good as they used to be.  Too much churn in the help.  All my old friends are long gone.
  It looks like a halfway house through the drive up window with all the tats, and beads, and piercings.  I wonder where they do their recruiting. Grafton Ohio, a very small town near us, has three big state prisons.  Just sayin'.  Even the pharmacists look like they came from Pitbulls and Parolees show.
Well enough of that.  I know I could just have all the drugs moved to another store.  It is just that this store is so close and handy I hate to give up on it.  I am sure I am not the only one who notices the drop in service here.  The parking lot is often empty.  It has been getting worse for three years.  I hope it can be retored.
Bye for now EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine and all who are suffering.