Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1115744 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28605 on: June 20, 2024, 08:44:47 AM »

5:44 No Comment.  LOL
Yes all our babies are getting big. Their feet look too little for their big bodies.  I have not heard the TV thumping around the loft yet. I love how they cuddle, and kind of preen each other.   It is hard to imagine these little ones, and all other baby birds, being able to migrate by Fall.  They all have to grow up fast.
Poor Barnaby.
I did just catch a glimpse of two bears on Bear cams.  One walked up and across the mound, and one was in Den 1 down front.  I can't identify them, but was nice to see them anyway. Been missing them.  Will see them all in less than a month when we go to Ely for the bear course. Just bragging now.  Forgive me please.
Will go make a second cup of coffee now to enjoy my AC for a little while longer this morning.  Still a scorcher out there around here.
Bye for now EV1 GBU.

calihoula

« Reply #28606 on: June 20, 2024, 02:23:14 PM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28607 on: June 21, 2024, 05:14:44 AM »

Bears, Hugs, and Ravens - UPDATE June 20, 2024

2 cubs, maybe Chloe's
Bear hug
Bear hug
On this first day of summer, mating season is in full bloom. Males are offering hugs, some accepted and some not. Two-year-old Bertha and her boyfriend (not pictured) looked sweet and sounded sweet as they walked side by side up the driveway. He was saying nice things in a somewhat high-pitched voice.

With bears being distracted by each other, ravens took opportunities to steal mouthfuls of food.

Just now, an unknown mother left three cubs in our big white pine. I wish she would show so we know who it is. Oops, just now she led them off. Maybe Chloe. Not sure yet.

Raven w/nuts
Raven w/nuts

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28608 on: June 21, 2024, 05:20:10 AM »

hi you guys its 72 here and it is humid already i think probably that way thru the night and all day day two of summer cool pic of the raven cubs are cute

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/63055D54C364?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28609 on: June 21, 2024, 12:33:22 PM »

4:38 Not too shabby.  Not sure of the rating Hollywood would give to the bear report today.  Seems a little risque to me. LOL
Real hot here today.  Karen is at Walmart and is feeling ill from the heat.  She is after some zucchini, but I don't know why.  She likes to experiment with cooking different healthy dishes.  I hope she is making some zucchini bread.  It is a favorite of mine.  I love to take a slice of oven warm bread and slather it with melting butter.  If cold milk or warm coffee is available so much the better. YUM!
Plus I finally found some desert cups and have a bowl full of strawberries waiting any time I wish.  Maybe nor for a while though, because I slept until 11 and only recently finished breakfast that included two chocolate donuts from Circles On The Square in Medina OH.  Debbie brought them from my bird rescue friend and accomplice Melissa who owns the donut shop.
I will go now. Be safe and be cool EV1.  GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all that are suffering.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 12:44:01 PM by johoward »

calhound

« Reply #28610 on: June 22, 2024, 05:24:40 AM »

hi you guys its 80 here humid temp today i heard 100  :( well day two into summer time marches on tv babies getting so much black and they are up and on the move this morning

hi joho i know i thought that too on bear update bear hug i got my desert shells in the freezer and my strawberries with sugar in the frig i can make my snack when i want,.  i saw very hot for you today i think on weather channel karen needs to stay cool in this awful heat i know you will. just not winter you have to watch out for at least in the winter you can put on a coat hat gloves

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/31055D4FDC18
« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 05:28:36 AM by calhound »

calhound

« Reply #28611 on: June 22, 2024, 05:27:19 AM »

johoward

« Reply #28612 on: June 22, 2024, 07:30:45 AM »

5:59 Good morning.  Gonna be hot again.  I will stay in .  Karen said she was sick from the heat yesterday.  She did get to watch the Florida Panthers lose game six to the Edmonton Oilers. I think this is the first time in history a NHL team has come from three games down to have a chance to win the Stanley Cup in game seven. Remarkable.  Karen is a hockey fan, but I have never been able to get interested in hockey until watching it with her.  I am trying to support her interests.  With these hockey games, each one of which is introduced as "final", it has been challenging to stay interested.  There is just too much to learn, and the action is so fast I cannot keep up.  Without the announcers I would be totally lost.  I did find out that the Oilers can possibly still win the cup by setting history and winning one more game in Florida. 
Well, thanks Cal for the puzzle and pics.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffering.

calhound

« Reply #28613 on: June 23, 2024, 04:57:33 AM »

hi you guys its 72 here another hot day in store rain after 1 pm today i think awful hot and humid yesterday i saw a bluejay with sweat on it where all the water from the barn ac runs out in front of the barn makes a good water hole like a big bird bath i got bird seed out on the side that is surrounded by huge tall bushes all shade when you walk out that side door i have to bend down till i get on down on my way to the barn raccoonies were all over trying to hurry to the barn get that dog out in pans so far still no kids got one she is out there alot she stands up for a cupcake and looks like she has no kids i had said to her dont you got a kid

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9C055D579951?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28614 on: June 23, 2024, 09:08:37 AM »

6:01 Finally got see Karen last night. Late in the evening I asked her to go to try out the new Arby's menu.  She said yes.  When I got to her p[lace I told her about AMC now showing Kevin Bacon in "Footloose".  She wanted to watch it, and so did I.  I had never seen it before.  It was very good. AMC is running an 80s marathon this weekend I think. I saw Ferris Beuler, Breakfast Club, and Footloose all yesterday. Just sayin'.
Well it was on till late.  Arby's was closed by the time we got there.  We went across the street to Taco Bell where Joan taught me to like the Potato Dish with sour cream and cheese, and where Mary taught me to buy $i.00 burritos and free senior drinks.  Well the $3.00 for two meal now costs $10.  Thanks to the Republican efforts to make Biden look bad.  Don't be fooled.  Taco Bell was making a profit at $1.00.  They raised their price 69% just to make us suffer and blame it on Biden.  Please don't be fooled. This whole "inflation" crap is contrived by the Republican CEOs to get you to vote against Biden.  Like many did against Carter.  Don't be fooled, please.
OK now it is time to get off my soapbox.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffring.

calhound

« Reply #28615 on: June 23, 2024, 12:47:21 PM »

National Geographic Worldwide 
Blue whale under the boat 🐋

calhound

« Reply #28616 on: June 24, 2024, 04:55:28 AM »

hi you guys its 72 today will be 103 and heat index feels like will be 108 we are under a heat advisory no kidding i think most of the country will be tv kids on the move so big too.

hi joho footloose was a good movie and so was breakfast club pretty in pink i dont eat out once in awhile drive thru mcdonalds they have buy one get one for a dollar sausage biscuits i give the sausage to the dogs. and i saw on our local news this makes me happy to not eat out i swear what is wrong with people

The Hereford House, 5001 Town Center Dr., on Tuesday, May 14, 2024, in Leawood. TAMMY LJUNGBLAD [email protected] A Jackson County couple who ate at Hereford House in Leawood and fell ill are suing the restaurant, saying it should be held liable for allegedly serving contaminated food to customers. McHarlan and Barbara Bishop filed the second lawsuit against the restaurant since the Johnson County district attorney charged former Hereford House employee Jace Christian Hanson with unlawfully adulterating or contaminating food there. Hanson, 21, allegedly posted videos of himself urinating on food and rubbing food on his genitals and butt, according to court documents. Court records alleged the crime occurred between March 26 and April 25, but Hereford House later narrowed the timeline to between April 6 and 23, based on Hanson’s statements to police. Hanson allegedly told detectives he contaminated food in more than 20 incidents, according to court documents. The Bishops filed the lawsuit against Hereford House Restaurant Co. of Kansas on Friday in Johnson County District Court. Like the first lawsuit brought against Hereford House by Chad Christopher of Clay County, the Bishops said the restaurant was negligent and breached an implied warranty that their food would be safe to eat. The lawsuit also contains a strict liability claim, alleging the contaminated food is a defective product

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/90055D54B7EE?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28617 on: June 24, 2024, 08:16:47 AM »

6:56 YUUUUCK! Cal. Sue them? They ought to be burned down and hung for contaminating food like that, and bragging about it.  It is bad enough what the owners are doing to us, but cooks too?  This is way worse. YUUUK! 
Joan and I both got serious emergency room runs from a stop at Mc Donald's where we had to wait an extended period of time at the drive through for our order.  I don't go there any more.  In fact I mostly avoid McDonalds if I can, but sadly Odin and Nick like it there a lot, and they are very fussy bean pole eaters.
Did not look in on cams yet.  Did have a nice evening of Hallmark and Olympics with Karen last night..  When I got home and was pulling into my driveway I noticed my next door neighbor's garage door was still up.  I tried to call them and text them, but I guess they were already sleeping.  It was after midnight. 
This morning my irrigation system woke me up by automatically watering my house and grounds for the first time.  I don't know how to adjust it yet.  I will have to learn soon, because I want it to come on and be done before 7am, and this was running at well after 8. Plus it was spraying up on the walls and windows more than I like. I really don't like it much, and my neighbor blames my sprinklers for running his sump pump.  I am not sure he is wrong. well need to correlate our bear trip with Debbie today.  So I will say CUL EV1.   
GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffering.

calhound

« Reply #28618 on: June 24, 2024, 02:38:14 PM »

A Johnson County judge on Thursday declined to lower the bond — instead raising it to $500,000 — for a 21-year-old man accused of contaminating food at Leawood’s Hereford House and possessing child sex abuse materials. Jace Christian Hanson of Kansas City and his attorney appeared in Johnson County District Court before Judge Thomas Kelly Ryan Thursday afternoon, asking to be released without bail or have a “substantial reduction” in his bond. Hanson, who was being held in Johnson County jail on a $100,000 bond, had planned to live with his cousin in Ottowa, Kansas, and get in mental health treatment if released. He was agreeable to house arrest or electronic monitoring, according to his attorney, Sydney Wilson. Prosecutors argued against reducing his bond, saying Hanson’s additional 10 counts of sexual exploitation of a child made him a danger to the public. Hanson is accused of possessing child sexual abuse materials of someone under the age of 18 years old. All of the 33 charges are felonies, according to court documents. Assistant District Attorney Melinda Parrish’s voice cracked when she told the court that not only was there possession, but evidence of a chat history among Hanson and other users online about wanting to sexually exploit infants and children calling it, “shocking to the conscience (and) sadistic behavior.” Ryan agreed with prosecutors to raise the bond $500,000. Hanson’s court appearance comes days after prosecutors filed additional charges against him. In an amended complaint filed Tuesday, prosecutors charged Hanson with 22 counts of criminal threat for allegedly adulterating or contaminating food between April 1-23 and one count of criminal damage. At the time of the alleged food contamination, Hanson was a part-time employee of the Hereford House in Leawood’s Town Center Plaza. According to court documents, Hanson allegedly posted videos online under the name “Vandalizer” that showed a man urinating in restaurant-style food bins and rubbing food on his genitals and buttocks. After receiving a tip, the FBI tied the videos to Hanson’s cellphone. The FBI contacted Leawood police, who went to the restaurant and spoke with a manager on April 25. After the manager confirmed that Hanson was working, they asked Hanson if he knew about any food contamination. ”I’ll just be straight up, yeah,” Hanson said, according to the affidavit. He added that he’d “just been doing stupid s--t.” Hanson, who was arrested and booked into jail, allegedly told investigators he started contaminating the food because he didn’t enjoy his job. He was initially charged with one count of criminal threat while police investigated the crime and made his first court appearance on April 26. Last week, Leawood police said they had been contacted by more than 380 people who had eaten at the restaurant, including some who fell ill afterward. Customers who ate there and said they fell ill with food poisoning symptoms have filed five lawsuits against the Hereford House Restaurant Company of Kansas, Inc. The lawsuits contend the restaurant was negligent, breached an implied warrant that its food was safe and should be held liable for serving a defective product to its customers. Ryan set Hanson’s next court appearance for July 10.

i think he needs his genitals removed

the cows are like hope this place shuts down

johoward

« Reply #28619 on: June 24, 2024, 05:11:05 PM »

Yes, and his hands too.  Then his head.