Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1222142 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28515 on: May 31, 2024, 04:56:05 PM »

It's 57 in Dublin and 72 here near Cleveland. I did some shopping and got my battery home.  65 bucks for the battery and only 39 bucks for food.  Got 10 cans of Campbells noodle soup for $1.oo each.  Guy says you like this soup.  I said yes, but only at this price.  Not at $1.70.  Got three pints of blueberries for $7.  Seemed like a good price.  The berries are good.
Well I spent some time watching the bear cams.  No bears.  Some weeds were being pulled and some were being wacked too, but no bears.  I will keep trying.

calihoula

« Reply #28516 on: May 31, 2024, 05:27:22 PM »

hi joho what kind of battery did you get? good price on your campbell soup yes 1.70 way too high seems like everything is high and people got to eat something got to feed their pets cats have to use a box need litter raccoonies need dog fud little debbie cakes pies cookies indy needs that too jim bought a tractor money from his dad condo he already had the one old one but really we only got 40 acres and some of it has house jim shop my barn two ponds woods run thru behind hay field and only got indy our front of house is about three acres i could see a new zero turn lawnmower lots of mowing around here front dogs yard indys pasture susie place but his money i used some of my dads money long ago for my barn and suv smokie rest in cd still in a cd
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28517 on: May 31, 2024, 11:50:49 PM »

I did not get to see any bears today.  I did like seeing the eagles and the TV babies.  Also, my granddaughter Shannon, Debbie's second daughter, waved at me on the Duvall St. Cam that is near JP's home in Keywest.
Battery is for my bike. It is a 1980 Yamaha XS650SG Special.  Black and chrome. It is a Japanese copy of the British Triumph T140D.  Pretty nice.  I have had it since 1981, and put 45,000 miles on it. I will test run it tomorrow.  Can't ride it.  Needs brake repair.
I will see you all tomorrow.  Now I hear the After Midnight show that I like to watch. 

Good Night and GBU My friends, wherever you are.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28518 on: June 01, 2024, 05:28:23 AM »

Snowball, Bertha, Lucy, Jewel - UPDATE May 31, 2024

Jewel
Snowball and her brothers are more on their own now. The sibling togetherness we saw for several days after family break is waning. Yesterday, Snowball was with only one brother Cupcake with no Twinkie to be seen. Today, Snowball was cautiously on her own when I took her picture from the third floor deck as she glanced up hearing the clicking camera. Their 4-year-old mother Andrea is 0.8 mile away playing with and getting close with a male.

Snowball looking up
Snowball looks up
 Snowball
Snowball
2-year-old Bertha with her mange face that is growing hair back a bit attracted a male today. They played a bit, took a break that Bertha used to eat grass, and later ate peacefully together. I suspect we’ll see more of them together. None of us know who the male is. He seems too shy to be a regular.

Bertha
Bertha
 Bertha w/male
Bertha w/male
8-year-old Lucy is still with her three female yearlings and as protective as ever. No bear is welcome near her yearlings. She just barrels at them, and they run, but she is wonderfully calm with people.

15-year-old Jewel put in an appearance a mile away in the neighborhood. She probably has her cubs tucked away up a tree somewhere. It is typical for her not to bring new cubs in to a feeding site on her first visit of the year. We suspect she’ll have things checked out and will bring them in tomorrow so the team can start determining their sexes. Jewel is showing the wide head of a mature bear, and she still has the bump on her nose that identifies her.

Here it is bears, bears, bears without a sighting of the fishers, foxes, and minks for a long time. It’s nice to see the bears, though, each with its own personality and history. Each one is an individual.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28519 on: June 01, 2024, 05:49:59 AM »

hi you guys its 62 here  66 in the barn 8 raccoonies indy pulled down the corner of his back door tarp jim pulls it back to let him and out keeps my birds from getting out cause then they want back in to their home and someone has to stand out there to do that so will have to fix that when jim gets up. i hope i can once again make it all the way to the top on that tall ladder. i was happy to read docs update read about jewel and the bears i hate those family breakup poor little snowball all alone afraid and her mom down the road with a male a ho. soon be murdering time for poor bears what of those cubs then. i hate sept cause of that come on winter bears go to sleep hunters stay home. i do think more and more hunters are staying away from the bears but i will keep my mouth shut i did not know male bears so picky bertha face is looking better from her mange. like she could help that.

hi joho i thought maybe a battery for your bike. you put some miles on it. cool you got to see shannon on duval cam yes by jps home he had a nice home. it was i think like made into 3 apt he was on the bottom floor no stairs to climb. he was close to his dennys and other stuff. not his eyeball shot dr that was in miami

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0F055D5A3D7F?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28520 on: June 01, 2024, 05:50:39 AM »

calhound

« Reply #28521 on: June 01, 2024, 05:53:42 AM »

tv mom using kids as a pillow

johoward

« Reply #28522 on: June 01, 2024, 08:17:22 AM »

6:58 Watery eyes again.  Better get new glasses soon I guess.  Eyes are always watery.
Thanks for all the pics Cal.  I sent them on to Debbie and Karen even before they are awake.  LOL I hope they don't mind.
 I like trump's outfit.  It fits his personality.  The news is still projecting him to be our next President by way of appealing and stalling any incarceration time until he is elected.  WOW!
  My government teachers would all be fit to be tide if they were still alive.  Like me.  Unbelievable. There are so many powerful and well educated public officials parroting Trump's constant "Poor me" tirades. Everyone but him is crooked.  Even the jurors he picked.  WTH!  Getting others to follow his lead and spread the venom and lies seems to be his most impressive talent. There is some kind of powerful undercurrent in this country that I cannot perceive.  On the surface it is obvious that Trump is a danger and unfit to serve, but the polls say I am wrong according to most Americans.  What am I missing?  I think it may be a barely hidden streak of backlash bigotry.  Coupled with the normal me first selfishness of the right.
Well my second cup of coffee is getting cold now.  So CUL EV1 GBU Israel, Ukraine and all those who are sufferring this morning.

calihoula

« Reply #28523 on: June 01, 2024, 11:56:26 AM »

Will Trump go to jail?

The charges against Trump are nonviolent Class E felonies, the lowest level in New York, and they are punishable by 16 months to four years in state prison. Legal experts said it is unlikely that Trump, 77, would be incarcerated, given that he had not previously been convicted of a crime

Other options for Merchan include sentencing Trump to probation, which would mean he would need approval from a parole officer to travel outside the state. Trump also could be fined or granted a conditional discharge pegged to the requirement that he stay out of further legal trouble, legal experts said.

Can Trump still become president after being convicted?

Trump remains eligible to campaign for the presidency and serve if elected. The U.S. Constitution requires that presidential candidates be at least 35 years old, a natural-born U.S. citizen and a resident in the country for at least 14 years. The 14th Amendment, passed by Congress after the Civil War, bars anyone who participated in an insurrection from running for the presidency, but Trump has not been charged with insurrection in the three other criminal prosecutions that remain active against him.

Can Trump appeal?

Trump’s legal team will have 30 days from the New York verdict to file notice of appeal and six months to file the full appeal. Any appeals process would probably extend beyond the Nov. 5 presidential election. Legal experts said it is plausible that an appeals court would agree to stay Trump’s sentence until after the appeal is adjudicated
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28524 on: June 01, 2024, 12:02:48 PM »

hi joho i feel bad for trumps family i read large % of voters not happy with trump or biden i feel like both of them are too old to be president should be an age limit on that and on senate too

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), who has steadfastly refused to comment about the presidential race or his long-running feud with former President Trump, came to his defense Thursday night.
Hours after the jury rendered its guilty verdict, McConnell declared that Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg (D) should never have brought the case and predicted the conviction would be overturned.

calihoula

« Reply #28525 on: June 01, 2024, 02:02:38 PM »

missys mom posted this at fb

johoward

« Reply #28526 on: June 01, 2024, 02:51:31 PM »

Oh MY!   Yes!!!!   I see now!!!!   Trump is just like Jesus.  Except for the good that Jesus did and does.  Trump does none of this unless it benefits himself.  Also Jesus's trial was a real sham not just called a sham by the guilty.
64 in Dublin 81 and humid here in Elyria, Ohio. I was sweating just sitting in the garage in the shade.  I came inside where the temps are lower, but I did not turn on furnace yet.  Don't need it either way.  Still hoping it works when I do need it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 03:01:30 PM by johoward »

calhound

« Reply #28527 on: June 01, 2024, 04:27:32 PM »

hi joho lol you are so funny i know its missys mom lol i may tell missy what you said  i am done with the barn for the day just came in here to feed my cats in office went to tv cam omg joho look how big they are!!!

calhound

« Reply #28528 on: June 01, 2024, 04:37:30 PM »

joho i just did it i posted your so true comment on missys moms post there. she had some people saying right on and agreeing with that and BAM right on  so i just had too!  you should put those batteries back in your thermostat and test it before it gets any hotter its hot here and humid our weather person said going to get worse next week. for me i dont know about you

i went back to her fb page there and joho two people hit liked on your comment :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 04:55:25 PM by calhound »

calhound

« Reply #28529 on: June 02, 2024, 05:53:31 AM »

Bears, Bears, Big Birds, and a Big Bonanza - UPDATE June 1, 2024

Snowball
Bald eagle
Bald eagle

Turkey vulture
Turkey vulture
 Turkey vulture flying
Turkey vulture flying
It was beef fat galore out the window with big birds coming in like the word was spreading through the air. I was surprised to see three eagles, three turkey vultures, lots of crows, and a few ravens taking part. It was exciting to see eagles and vultures circling and landing. Over a dozen crows did their jobs well, finding bite-size pieces and flying off to eat away from the competition. The juvenile eagle of the three was almost hidden where he or she first landed.

Bald eagle juvenille
Bald eagle juvenille

Bertha was back with her buddy bear. She is the one looking at the camera with her paw on her buddy.

Bertha w/buddy
Bertha w/buddy

Snowball was alone resting in a tree as is usual for yearlings newly on their own without their mothers’ protection. Later, she came down when no other bears were around and looked relaxed eating a bit and then lying on the ground looking undisturbed. Glad to see her looking comfortable.

Snowball
Snowball

A nice day.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center