Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1119896 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28545 on: June 04, 2024, 07:10:21 PM »

North American Bear Center·
Hitting the streets of Duluth this summer is this awesome bus! We did a collaborative with our good friends at the International Wolf Center for a bus advertisement in Duluth. When your in Duluth be on the lookout for our new bus wrap!!!

joho look what marge posted! so cool! are you eating?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28546 on: June 05, 2024, 05:15:05 AM »

hi you guys its 62 says cloudy but i saw starts earlier when i went out to the barn did rain alot last night i woke up and tv was out due to heavy rain. power was out down at susies got to pick up groceries

hi joho did mary have the baby and are they okay i did not see that post of yours till now. jim did come home and then he was out mowing i am not sure what he mowed i thought everything was mowed must of been by his shop he came in and said tractor guy tried to call him but he did not hear over mower so bringing it this morning at 8;30  rats i got to pick up groceries so pick up and get back and jim told that man i have a hard time getting around dogs will be barking i hope he comes to the front door i will tell him park it over there by horse trailer. maybe i can be in here at 8;30 unload frozen and frig stuff get in here. stupid tractor

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BC055D595631?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28547 on: June 05, 2024, 08:38:37 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28548 on: June 05, 2024, 12:11:29 PM »

5:22 Thanks for all that you do.  I forwarded some to Debbie, Karen , and Mary too.
Lunch again soon.  Then oil change.  Then go see Mary with vanilla milkshake.  Also, she wants one pink one for her hubby, Mateus.  The Dad.  I asked her how come? LOL!
Bye for now EV1 GBU

calhound

« Reply #28550 on: June 06, 2024, 05:17:22 AM »

A Quiet Day - UPDATE June 5, 2024

Bald eagle
The day started with only one bear, Lucy’s yearling Leilani all alone, re-confirming family break-up. I saw her well enough to identify her but not long enough to grab a camera.

Red fox shy female
Red fox shy female

With no bears in view, I got my first look at a fox in weeks. It was the shy female posing motionless letting me click a picture of shedding like I’ve not seen before. It looks like a blanket of winter fur over her back with short summer fur on her legs, still with her bushy winter tail that she probably used to keep her face warm when she curled up in the snow. She gave me the good picture opportunity and then disappeared into the brush, making we wonder if she would reappear if I put a meat treat out for her. I went big with a couple pounds of chicken dark meat with no bones.

Bald eagle pair
Bald eagle pair

Before I could settle down, two adult eagles found the treat, undoubtedly the pair we were seeing a lot before the bears came. Do they fly over, high up and unnoticed able to look at the places we’ve left treats? The one flying in is the nearest one in the picture of them together. The farther one already has a piece of the meat in his or her beak. Seeing them like this is a treat for me.

The rest of the day was juvenile bears appearing for short times but no adults except 9-year-old Spanky. I suspect the adults are mostly off finding mates now in mating season.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28551 on: June 06, 2024, 05:26:27 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here clear sad to read about lucys kid now all alone but nice to hear about spanky

i got to go to the bank and get gas soon i wish i had more days thru the week did not have to go somewhere takes out of my day doing stuff here.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1C055D59F4D6

johoward

« Reply #28552 on: June 06, 2024, 10:47:03 AM »

6:52  cool today.  Nice.  75 at 11:27.  Need to trek down to the mailbox soon.  Sure hope the mail is there.  Karen gave me dinner last night.  She is a good cook.  She likes to serve healthy meals.  Last night was clean out fridge day.  She said come for salad, but she added corn on the cob,  zucchini patties, breaded shrimp, and bread sticks.  Way too much.  I brought home enough for lunch.  Which will be as soon as I get back from hike to get mail.
The big news for yesterday was that I got to see Mary with her new son, Callus, in the hospital.  They are well.  Mary said she thought they would go home today, because they are so good.
Well I have not heard from her this morning, but that is OK.
I will go for mail now.  CUL EV1 GBU Israel, Ukraine, and those who are sufferring.

calihoula

« Reply #28553 on: June 06, 2024, 11:46:10 AM »

hi joho YAY Callus is here both doing good! now is name like a callus i have on my toe? i could not see tv babies this morning it was shut off why?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28554 on: June 06, 2024, 05:34:14 PM »

my TV off too.  Still is.  Maybe storms.
  I got his name wrong (I won't be the last).  It is Calum. God Bless Him. I was corrected today by the MOM!  She says she can't go home today, because her BP is too high.  Maybe it is high because of where she is.  That is what she thinks.  All is good though except it is hard on Debbie having to keep care of Bash.
Very nice day today.  I went for oil change.  The guy comes to get me to show me that the drain plug has been leaking.  YIKES!  Could be one or more of some very scary causes.  Wound up buying a new drain plug gasket for under $10. It looked like a nylon washer to me. They said it is OK for now. Sure hope it is OK forever.
6:30 and I have not heard from anyone.  I guess I better start cooking something.  Karen sent me home with some left overs.  I ate most of them at lunch.  I do recall some corn on the cob.  Maybe that and some baked beans with a baloney sandwich will do.  Maybe I will fry the meat for a change.  I like it a little blackened and crispy.  Oh I know.  I will boil some eggs and dump out some of the bag of salad I bought.  Yes .  That's it.  I am all set.  Now what if Karen calls to feed me? LOL It could happen, but she fed me last night.  So maybe not.
Well I think Amy will fix the TV cam pretty soon.  She knows we like the babies.  Like they were our kids.
I better go now. CUL EV1 GBU

calhound

« Reply #28555 on: June 07, 2024, 05:45:01 AM »

hi you guys its 58 clear for now but news saying 100% chance of storms tonight the farm on barn radio did not say that but big chance for storms. i had three raccoonies waiting for me at the back door heading out to the barn when i opened the door to the barn looks like a big party was held in there all my buckets knocked over stuff i had against the wall next to furnace moved way out looking down my hallway to indy i put my new bag of snake away inside my work table and it was dumped out all over  >:( yesterday afternoon i was in the barn and i told indy i will get you more hay walked back up looked over and a big black snake was right there next to sweets front sliding door. it stopped looked up saw me looking down and backed up i went to get that snake away came back it was gone under the hay i am sure so i put out that stuff all around. really smells snakes do not like that smell at all. did not see it earlier but that means nothing cause snake burrows under all the mountain of hay got lots of mice tunnels in there. :( again missing winter. last night i pulled off 4 ticks that had bitten me winter.

hi joho okay calum better that a callus lol mom corrected you.look just one letter off and how it changed the meaning did your drain plug leak oil in your garage? 

hi alice sounds good on you  :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/23055D53105E?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28556 on: June 07, 2024, 04:35:44 PM »

6:341  Thought it was going to be much faster, but got bogged down toward the end.
Had a good day away with Karen.  Wore her out.  She did help me catch a big old catfish who cooperated by getting away right at the edge of the water after Karen got a good look at him. We helped a man release a big bass. Then went to see Bonnie for a while.  She was very glad to see us.
Debbie took Bash to see his new brother and Mary today.  Looks like Mary will stay until they do something about her BP.
Yikes! Wind is kicking up a lot.  I will go see that everything is secure.  Bye now CUL EV! GBU

calhound

« Reply #28557 on: June 08, 2024, 05:29:33 AM »

hi you guys its 68 cloudy was raining jim justin and bob its bobs land got bobs hay all up yesterday they did in big round bales so went alot faster than square bales. next week will be doing indys pasture then rest of ours in big round bales. maybe some square if justin neighbor wants that for her horses.

hi joho hope they get down marys bp yes seems like it would go down more if she was at home but maybe not i remember when my mom fell and broke her hip i was with her at the hospital and they could not do surgery till her bp went down. nice you guys saw bonnie sure she was happy to see you guys.

tv cam back on boy those two babies are getting so big did not see a parent just them two

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/21055D5840CE?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28558 on: June 08, 2024, 10:23:43 AM »

Wow! 7:09.  No bragging rights there. LOL
Went way back out to Amish for berries again this morning.  There are none today.  I ordered 10 quarts for Monday at $3.50 each.  They may no even be able to get that many.  I will take what I can get at this stage.  The berries came ripe early here this year, and season is well under way toward the end.
Just got a chance to see our babies. Glad the TV are back. Yes very big, and eager eaters.  I love their little wings when the stick out.
Not sure what all I will do today.  Need to hang around the house for the irrigation man.  He will be here at the end of his day, but I have no idea what that means.  I will wait for him though. because he is the son of one of my best friends from high school and thereafter.
I will do laundry and maybe putz around with my bike.  I will definitely be on the computer some a little later.
Karen and I watched the last episode of Wheel with Pat Sajak.  He will be missed. Don't think I will see her today.
Cul EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #28559 on: June 08, 2024, 12:27:31 PM »

hi joho i saw on our local news this morning we got hit with huge storms last night said 3 inches of rain but barn is good i dont think we got that much but i was watching a recording fell asleep so if tv was out due to rain mine would not of been playing recording weather said extremely hot and humid they did not lie its awful outside indy is good in his very nice ac barn house is good i got a fan going by vent in garage vent from dryer in laundry room cold air out of it fan on cold air really coming out nice in garage for them cats good day to be in ac i saw on news showing pat sajak last show showed him when he first did it i hardly watch game shows but had seen it before and jeopardy alex trebek oh price is right bob barker wow berry season almost over wish summer was but soon fourth of july after that summer will be heading out