Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1222106 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28530 on: June 02, 2024, 05:55:54 AM »

hi you guys it is 60 here i gotta go feed the dogs bbl

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3B055D5AE399
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28531 on: June 02, 2024, 10:53:00 AM »

5:57 66 and been raining here. Not too bad now.  I did have some nice healthy eggplant parmesan withy Karen last night. Got up a little late this morning.
I was glad to see the lights and turn signals come on after putting the new battery in my bike.  I wanted to get some fresh gas to add to my tank before running the engine.  So I went to Autozone for a one gallon gas can and some Freezone gas treatment.  I asked the man if $10 would cover them?  He says no.  So I asked if $20 would do it.  Again, he says no.  He says that will be $28.  Holy smoke!  Thanks all you Right Wing CEOs raising prices to make Biden look bad everywhere we turn. Not just at the grocery.  These thieves are everywhere.  Don't be fooled. Spread the word.  Just keep your $22 plastic gas can.  I will just get a milk jug from my recycles.  It is bad enough I have to pay nearly $4 to fill it, because of the collusion at big oil.
OK now I will leave you.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who are sufferring.

calihoula

« Reply #28532 on: June 02, 2024, 12:06:50 PM »

hi joho so did 28.00 include a gas can  gallon of gas i hope the real good gas and gas treatment? i still got my old old gas can two half gallon with just yellow lid at end of nozzle just pull it off get gas put it back on got my moms too. she had couple of them ty mom sure is expensive i get good gas from charlies no water in it cost more but worth it use it in my cars four wheeler mower jim buys that too for all his stuff. charlie retired then died his sons ran it got two nice women worked there come out get my money so i did not have to walk in then two weeks ago i had to go in man working there looked iranian and spoke irainian i said what then he spoke english well you run a business here speak english jim said his gas station by liberty to ford lady turned on pumps for jim he went iranian man working no turn on pumps jim. got pissed said i will go elsewhere at least charlies you pull up to pump one door to inside right there jim said they bought out a bunch of gas stations im a little worried about going in there now doubt women will be working there now but maybe they will i hope i saw on tv showing pricechoppers sale stuff i said to dogs that aint no sale pretty high prices like walmart on lots of stuff then it was hy vee sales stuff and they did have good sale prices no hy vee anywhere around here got to drive to city and miles and gas hello walmart my old friend cool your bike is showing signs of life!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28533 on: June 03, 2024, 05:48:52 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28534 on: June 03, 2024, 06:30:36 AM »

4:32 Thanks Cal.  Sent the shame to Debbie already.  She gets up early to receive Bash.  She sent back a crying laughing emoji.  I will send it to Karen a little later.  She gets up later.
It is 64 with fog here.  I like the fog.
Did not turn on AC yet.  It has been comfy in here.  I even had to put on a flannel again this morning. Won't need it by this afternoon though.  Going up to 79 degrees.  Then the thermostat batteries will be going in and AC on.
I really am missing my good old morning paper this morning.  It is just so nice when I can sit at the table with the paper spread-out above my cereal and coffee.  Now I am eating by lifting the bowl up to my face and spooning the cereal into my mouth.  This leads to many a drop into the keyboard and down my chest.  It is a mess I tells you.  Coffee too gets into the keys.  It is very hard to get out.
OK now I will let you go and finish eating.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine and all who are suffering.

calihoula

« Reply #28535 on: June 03, 2024, 01:14:17 PM »

hi joho well my ac quit again dogs all hot outside unit not running therm said cool on but no not on you **#( thermostat so jim got home went to thermo says its okay saying cool on means its working but ac not working he went downstairs to furnace first trying to blame maybe my three old cats down there ralphie almost blind there is a light switch on side of the furnace it reset computer board in furnace jim flipped it off back on said its running no jim outside coil still off so jim jiggled that wire to switch and it came on green light on in control board yes outside now running ac back on not cats fault no it was not he is always ready to blame cats they never even go over there. so jim went to town get a new light switch i hope that is it! its so hot and humid see winter better if furnace was out i would not even call jim he would be crying when he got home cold house yep me and dogs love it got stove going go sit by it joho maybe you should wear a bib when you eat  :) cover your keys i tells ya i told the dogs we all may have to go see indy in his ac barn and those raccoonies

« Last Edit: June 03, 2024, 01:29:29 PM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28536 on: June 04, 2024, 05:32:18 AM »

hi you guys its 66 cloudy dogs howling in the kitchen kitchen coyotes at it big time i saw docs update will post it next i did not read all of it another break up her kids running after her i cant take that some days just better to skip that update when murdering season starts for them poor bears i skip it then too.  :(

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/67055D54869F?z=0

calhound

« Reply #28537 on: June 04, 2024, 05:34:00 AM »

Lucy Breaks Up and Pairs Up? - UPDATE June 3, 2024

Trudeau
Lucy 8-13-23
Lucy 8-13-23
Yesterday, Lucy visited but seemed distracted. Then I saw why. Trudeau appeared. When she left she took a path that would not bring her near him, but Trudeau saw her leaving and hurried to catch up. As Lucy headed down to the beaver dam to cross over and away, she hurried by her three female yearlings as they ran up a white pine with Trudeau approaching fast. Lucy is a terror with bears that she doesn’t want around, but in this case she was hurrying away and ignoring her daughters. I wondered if this was her switching point like I’d seen before when a mother turns from her treed yearlings and goes off with a male.

Trudeau marking
Trudeau marking
Today, Lucy visited again. Her yearlings weren’t with her and she seemed distracted. Trudeau appeared, this time standing up to scent-mark tree after tree. Lucy’s cubs were up a big white pine with Lucy not paying any attention to them. It was not like three days ago when they were all together and Lucy was talking to them with motherly grunts. Again she left like she was trying to avoid Trudeau. He didn’t immediately follow, giving me a quick opportunity for a picture of him, but then he was off on her trail. I suspect Trudeau is being patient but staying near her, maybe to chase off other males? We’ll see what we see tomorrow.

Lucy with Desi and Arnaz 6-8-21
Lucy w/Desi & Arnaz 6-8-21
I don’t have any pictures of Lucy from this year, but to show what she looks like here is one of her face from last year and another from three years ago when she was nursing Desi and Arnaz on the alert with her ears forward as is usual for this very defensive mom. To me, she is a sweetheart, but I suspect the bears she’s chased think differently.

I hope I can see her tomorrow. Will she and Trudeau be kind of together again? Today, Trudeau didn’t seem interested in food. We’ll see if Lucy is interested in food as she was today. From the look of Trudeau’s ears, I suspect he is persistent and doesn’t tolerate competition. Trudeau is the one bear who Spanky can’t chase away.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

johoward

« Reply #28538 on: June 04, 2024, 07:02:07 AM »

6:53  Oh well.  Hi ev1.  Nice out this morning, but supposed to go to 87 degrees this afternoon according to our local news channel.  They tell us the same thing every 10 minutes all day long.  The only thing that changes is the present temperature. LOL
I guess my hiatus from furnace worries is officially over.  I will keep the house dark and secure all day to minimize the AC needed.
I had all my start up stuff done by 7am this morning.  Now I am eating some expensive Lay's chips and my second cup of coffee while on the computer with ya'all.  I know it's early for chips, but the bag was open on the table.  Sooo!
 I really should skip the chips and all other snacks.  I am apparently negating the weight loss benefits of the Trulicity I take for diabetes.
I had to drive to another city again to get my Trulicity.  All the Drugmarts near me were out and not expected to get more soon.  The tech again asked me if I am aware of the cost?  I told him all I am sure of is that it is high.  I have paid lots of different prices over the last year or so.  From a low of about $150 to a high of about, I think, $2000 for a month's supply.  This time it was ONLY $222.63.  Which he thought was high. LOL.
  Karen is the one who started me snacking between meals and in the evening. As a hostess she is like a conveyor belt of snacks. We shared some of my homemade soup last night.  Hence left over snacks are handy at my house this morning.  It is all her fault. LOL
Well it is 8am and I am finally done eating stuff.  So I will stop blabbing and go do something.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and those suffering.

calihoula

« Reply #28539 on: June 04, 2024, 11:13:40 AM »

hi joho just got back in from barn yes already humid here i was picking up poop ty indy said to him boy when is your ac going to kick on then it did so nice too his eating spot is great one vent right over him his water tank salt block close and where he poops vent right over that spot he has lots of vents waiting for them to deliver jim new john deer tractor i hope he is home before they come shame on karen stuffing snacks down your throat at least good snacks i would eat those lays chips too when i feel like im eating too much of snacks here penny brownie cali jim brings that stuff home if in the pantry i leave them alone i do snack on cheeseits indys cookies a little suppose to storm tonight i watched dune part two last night i woke up at ten oh still early flipped to hbo saw it was starting at the end saw will be a part three   :( waited long time for part two i read all the books saw first dune movie long ago saw new dune part one now two so pretty sure part three will be it your medicine is so expensive i take otc if i ever get to dr buzzard pretty sure he would put me on stuff hope my insurance from ford will cover it it covered all of jims when he had colon cancer but cancer free still i too will stop blabbing and go feed downstairs cats do litter boxes

johoward

« Reply #28540 on: June 04, 2024, 11:50:04 AM »

thanks for the post Cal.  I see that the North babies are branching today.
 I will go cook lunch now.  Seems I am always eating, or thinking about eating. LOL
 Going to get Amish strawberries soon.  I will freeze 6 or 8 QTs.  I hope Karen will go along.  She would like it there.
Really hot out today.  My AC just cycled on and off at 74 degrees.  So I think it is working.  Thank God.
Mary, and I think Debbie, took poor little two year old Bash to Summer Day Camp today.  I think he cried when he saw he was to be left there. I need to ask Debbie about this. I am stressing over it.  He does not like to do anything alone.  He is always looking for a hand to hold whatever he is doing.
Bye Now CUL EV1

calihoula

« Reply #28541 on: June 04, 2024, 01:13:02 PM »

Such a beautiful flower

calihoula

« Reply #28542 on: June 04, 2024, 01:19:35 PM »

joho is your ac set on 74 if so and your house was over that but came down to 74 then i would say yes its working and thank you god poor bash like bear family break up   yum to your srawberries i ordered groceries this morning pick up at seven tomorrow morning i got some strawberry icecream yum

johoward

« Reply #28543 on: June 04, 2024, 03:21:39 PM »

Yes nice new flower. LOL The babies at North are branching right now. FYI
The two TV are stretched out on their own.  They are so cute says Debbie.  She is right.

johoward

« Reply #28544 on: June 04, 2024, 04:12:18 PM »

Oh my!!!
Little Mary has high BP.  She will go to hospital at 6PM to monitor.  May induce.  God Help Her and Her Baby.