Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602965 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26790 on: May 22, 2023, 11:14:07 AM »

Lonely Tree ... 23:46    76°  (8:47 am)   Sunny; no wind yet.  Will go into the 90s.

Cal ... The videos on Mule training are interesting.  Thanks for posting them.  I hate to think in terms of making an animal uncomfortable, but I realize you have to train them, they are big enough to kill someone if not trained.  I've heard Carlene talk about Mules and donkeys a lot.  She and her daughter have worked with them for decades.  She actually likes them better than horses.  Carlene used to own a business called Animal Episodes that worked with animals that she supplied for movies and commercials, and she had a team of donkeys that she harnessed and drove at parades and other events.

Joho  ...  It's good to hear about a well run no-kill shelter.  At least it gives them a chance.  That is great that you are maintaining your friendships.  They sound like good people that are in your life.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 11:15:38 AM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #26791 on: May 22, 2023, 11:21:23 AM »

hi joho im still trying to pick a be nice halter indy weird size his halter is small horse but i had to make a hole at top but saw a place lady has small quarter horse had pic looked like indys size is small but i dont see much on how well the be nice worked. if indy would follow like that mule be great but also did not see that man leading mule into a barn. jim can walk indy around just not back in the barn. if i buy from this man will have to adjust it for sure i understand that come along rope deal but want the halter just snap on lead to it and bring him in the barn. dogs are easier come on girls slow down dog place sounds good joho no kill love that people should adopt from those places esp the kill ones where i got my calihoula if your movie comes back on pbs please tell me ill record it watch it unless an animal dies if an animal dies i will be upset .

hi neva that video is in queen valley az queen valley ranch
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26792 on: May 22, 2023, 11:26:40 AM »

hi neva! just saw your post months ago jim talked about those be nice halters i said no got to be nice well so does indy he needs to come back in the barn after being out he does come to the door but now thats it and cant have that. i just hope jim can train him if not last hope send him to clydes maybe.  :(  how cool charlene on team of donkeys and she loves mules she loves animals like us  :) do you know where queen valley is?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26793 on: May 22, 2023, 02:17:15 PM »

Cal ...    Queen Valley. Arizona is east of Phoenix and west of Superior --  out in the desert, probably not heavily populated.  Good place for a ranch to be.
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26794 on: May 22, 2023, 05:23:30 PM »

Yes Cal.  This is not the movie for you.  Take my word for it, and if it comes on PBS again I will not tell you. 
The discomfort appeared to be minimal to me.  Of course it was not my head.  Good night now.  I have to go cook something.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26795 on: May 23, 2023, 05:53:11 AM »

hi you guys its 56 here 48 in iceland and 73 in kyiv. 61 in the barn.

hi joho thanks for the warning i really am thankful for that! i will not watch it. i saw your message last night on my phone when i took it off the charger been on there for a couple of days.i was in my room done for the day and was reading it and penny who can not stand for me to be on the phone started her stuff whining very loudly howling very loudly so okay phone back in my purse penny you nut. deer was beautiful i needed more time to look at other pictures not sure what they were but penny. jim came in to tell me about bill for ac job i have to write up do warranty sometime today talked about indy he said he talked to dan dan has owned mules for last 30 years and said his did that just pulled back and that was that he too got a be nice halter and stopped that but he said only use it a little or they will just get use to it. so alot riding on this halter that will not be here till friday or next thursday due to holiday! it is coming from spokane Wa purple and horse small. i told jim i am sick of mental illness not only in people but indy has it with this pulling back and there penny here jim laughed penny has all kinds of it.

hi neva! thanks for queen valley info and yes looks like in the desert and isolated man showed how his mules rope trained just put it on and they will stay he said what are you going to tie it too no trees around here. i was thinking put up a stake or here hobble your horse on a trail ride or maybe they have a hitching post i would not trust a mule or a horse to just see rope laying on the ground and think oh i better not move. i forgot to tell you and joho last thursday when i was coming home from the bank when i turned off the 2 lane highway on gravel road ahead i saw in the sky lots of turkey vultures i was counting them wow 16 of them what is that one an eagle! crooked river eagle i am sure but there it was. i was driving along all of them flying along side of me then a direct transit bus behind me so i had to keep moving that bus goes past our house picked up someone almost everyday and brings them back. last week i came out of walmart i went in and walked it came out and i heard very loudly a mule saw three big stock trailers in the back parking lot there. the man opened the back door let it out it was fully saddled up walked it around and back in when i drove by saw on his truck said stillers mules looked like heading for a trail ride how fun my favorite thing to do ever. i hope when i die heaven will be a trail ride with my mom susie etc.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/35055D52253D?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #26796 on: May 23, 2023, 10:17:49 AM »

rdogan in the runoff.
Istanbul, Turkey
CNN
 —
Turkey’s third-placed presidential election candidate, Sinan Ogan, on Monday backed frontrunner Recep Tayyip Erdogan in a boost ahead of the scheduled runoff vote.

Ogan, who received 5.17% of votes in the first round of the presidential election that took place on May 14, told a news conference in Ankara that he will back the incumbent Erdogan, rather than his challenger Kemal Kilicdaroglu, in the presidential runoff planned for May 28.

Erdogan received 49.52% of votes in the first round, giving him a five-point lead over Kilicdaroglu.

“I announce that we will support the candidate of the People’s Alliance President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and invite the voters who voted for us in the first round to vote for Mr. Erdogan,” Ogan said.

The decision was made “after deliberation and because we believe that it is the right thing for our country and our people,” he added

i just mowed indys pasture it was tall took awhile drinking a pop checked on turkey elections i hope people will not vote for that putin loving thug

calihoula

« Reply #26797 on: May 23, 2023, 01:37:48 PM »

joho are you okay? i fed everyone drinking pop again check turkey vulture cam sound off saw parent looking worried turned up sound dogs barking had to turn sound off ...penny

neva

« Reply #26798 on: May 23, 2023, 03:13:58 PM »

Sand Scape ... 27:33    93°  (12:46 pm)    7% humidity / Sunny, and a slight breeze.

I hope all is well with you ...

Hi Cal ...  Gosh!  I hope that guy doesn't help get Erdogan elected. 

It's funny how animals react to some things, like Penny not liking you being on the phone.  Harlow whines when my daughter gets dressed up to go somewhere.  She doesn't want her to leave the house.

Hi Joho
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26799 on: May 23, 2023, 05:50:38 PM »

Hi ev1  I am fine.  I was out until just now on a long bus tour to three beautiful old  Ethnic churches in Cleveland.  Then lunch at exclusive Pier W. Then long tour of Lakeview Cemetery, where many famous people, like Buddy Holley, Ray Chapman, and Elliot Ness are buried.
  Now I have to go cook some of Lorrie's turkey and noodle casserole for dinner.
Will do puzzle later.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26800 on: May 23, 2023, 07:59:31 PM »

5:04  Nice out. Had dinner and then took a two mile bike ride before dark.  Just made it back in time.
I have no lights.  Just some small reflectors.  Front and back.
Now I feel I can rest.  Will now say good night to you, and see you in the morning.

calhound

« Reply #26801 on: May 24, 2023, 05:15:56 AM »

hi you guys i dont know what the temp is here 48 in iceland and 74 in kyiv 62 in the barn.

hi joho later when i was in the barn i told indy oh joho went on his church tour deal hope he had fun and guess you did!! you sure do cover alot of ground. good for you. cemetery in kearney has jesse james there. always stuff left on his grave. james farm in kearney too. i went on some historic homes tours back when so cool too.

hi neva well i am afraid erd will get back in. watching the world news at 2 am so depressing putin and still doing same stuff as back from beginning. like no one can stop him slow him down but never stop him. at start he threaten nukes and we have figured out that is a ploy to get our way. he is a liar and we have figured that out but stopping him cant seem to do that. let him just take away what is their country how can anyone do that. then that ron desantis  i would never live in florida we know some friends move there course rick a rep so he probably likes this creep. there goes nutty penny oh if i start out the door any door she starts her stuff. bosses me around getting tired of that penny. so anyway that ron saw blacks and gays being warned about traveling to florida cause of him. worse than trump what me and jeannie said. can you imagine that. 

i gotta go to harps get stuff

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/70055D5C4FDB?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

neva

« Reply #26802 on: May 24, 2023, 06:20:17 PM »

Fishing boat ...  21:39     94°  (3:41 pm)  Clear, sunny and a very slight breeze.

I hope all is well with you -  all that stop by here.

Cal ...   It sounds like Penny is a real character.  She doesn't want her Mom out of sight either.  Your other ones like Sweets and Indy seem to have a lot of personality as well.  They have minds of their own. 
    I don't believe that Putin will ever have a 'Come to Jesus Moment'.  He won't change, and he knows how to protect himself; keep out of reach.  He has got to know that if he hits the nuclear button, someone on the other side will send some of the same back to him. 

Joho ...   I hope that you're having a good day. 
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26803 on: May 24, 2023, 09:18:18 PM »

6:02  finally
 Went to Grampa's Cheese Barn today.  I did not buy anything, and I told the owner why.  He was charging way too much for his little limps of cheese.  Plus he had thousands of chunks on display, and every one was carefully stacked so that the price was hidden on the down face .  I turned over about 30 or 40 packs so that people could see the price without handling the chunks. The prices I exposed were way too hig.  I remember one little chunk was $22.25.  Nothing was under $9.00.  Not even the little sample bags of mixed variety.
 Then the owner who had apparently been watching me approached and started a conversation about his inflation. I shared with him what I thought about the recent "inflation" including my Campbell"s soup and fake gasoline inflation.
 Then I left for home. It was a good ride, but not much went my way.  It was to the South.  When I go this way my favorite thing to do is stop in a grocery in West Salem for some fried chicken..  Today they were out of what I wanted.  So I had to "settle" for a meatloaf dinner.  Was adequate, but not really satisfying.  I still have a taste for chicken. LOL
Almost time for bed here.  So I will say good night GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26804 on: May 25, 2023, 06:08:29 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here 49 in iceland 78 in kyiv my old friend rachel her real name is susan but i always called her rachel been my friend for 35 years or more her first husband walt jims best friend had passed away long ago heart attack she got remarried to merv 8 years ago and they went on cruises had such a good time together he just passed away.  :(

hi joho pretty good turning over those high prices. its way out of hand harps and i do like that store but still get most of my stuff at walmart packs of peanut crackers at walmart are 3.33 and harps now raised theirs to 4.50 no reason for that. i dont buy alot of them but keep some on hand. harps has chicken already cooked in deli here gina works i buy the tenders and on the way home when i go over little wooden bridge i will see foxes i throw it out the window make sure it goes way over away from little gravel road. no bones in the tenders. they have lots of different stuff i get jim the pulled pork sandwiches for a snack for him.

hi neva well the thought of putin getting into heaven someday :( hope there are some that just dont get in they go somewhere else the hell they made for others while on this earth.  penny also is not nice to cali growls at here tries to get something started at times i keep cali in my room when i leave or go to the barn i yell at penny for that jim does too. no reason for that jealousy but cali here way before her and penny wayyyyy bigger she growls at her sister too brownie but that would be a fair fight there and so far no one gotten in a fight but dont want it to go there. brownie she looks like a big round barrel with 4 stick legs. penny longer version but not stick legs thicker legs. cali is old now like me penny jumped on her once i was right there and cali laid into her but i use the kitchen sprayer and soaked both of them down cleaned my kitchen floor good and now cali is with me or up in my room. saw on the world news old lady crying worrying about not getting her ss cause of this debt deal that kevin mccarthy rep not giving an inch lying to the tv they say rep did not even want him to be speaker of the house but then no one else wanted the job and now supreme court stopping you being able to see court records on that case net. which i have read always been public records free to read before telling you no abortion no reading what you want etc. i hope this next election people will remember this stuff.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/93055D54EDDA?z=0