Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 631438 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26760 on: May 15, 2023, 07:28:33 AM »

hi joho getting ready to order online groceries yes cost way up even hard to find purina puppy chow cali likes it jim will look in the city today i will cut my food but cant my kids. i agree with everything you said i drive pretty far too erdogan is selfish many others are too. wish good would over take evil i think it will but need it faster some day the erdogans putins will die chinas too north korea rocket man maybe all people be free on earth they will be in heaven no putins erdogans there. polls say biden can beat trump again.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26761 on: May 15, 2023, 07:43:02 AM »

joho i forgot yesterday it was hot ac in barn not putting out cold air cool air jim getting new coils for it last year he bought two stand up portable ac units gree in pic above put one in the back by pearl next to her water tank it really put out cold air so yesterday i undid the cord plugged it in cleaned it off turned it on cold air blasting out well indy stopped eating looked over and said oh oh afraid of that! he has much smaller water tank cause other was too tall for him so plug in against sweets back wall big tank plug went behind it now it drapes where you can see it. so have to be working in there not leave indy alone with it cause its indy. so i was working in there indy stayed by his hay feeder eating watching. its pretty quiet really but that boy just knows. i finally got done and knew he would want a drink lick his salt block. i unplugged it rolled up the cord got it around the gree feeding maybe raccoonies saw indy going over to his water tank but real careful he was like walking on his tip toes!

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26762 on: May 15, 2023, 03:42:42 PM »

Port Town ...  25:57      90°  (12:23 pm)   "Mostly sunny" ... and quite windy.  No rain yet.

Hi Joho ...  'We feel your pain'.  I don't know if food shopping has ever been fun for anyone, but these days it is downright aggravating and painful for so many.  And, then there's the gas prices.  I no longer do the family grocery shopping, but my daughter and I discuss it.

Hi Cal  ...   At least Erdogan wasn't a shoe in.  I pray that he loses in the runoff.  I wonder if he will wander around Turkey complaining that someone stole his election? 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26763 on: May 16, 2023, 05:37:50 AM »

If you understand this, then your childhood Saturdays were well spent!!!
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26764 on: May 16, 2023, 05:47:04 AM »

hi you guys its 58 here and raining and i am sick of rain and mud sick  of  it its 47 in iceland and 69 kyiv

hi neva i know neva erd did not get it but i was so hoping no run off just lose and sure he will complain about that maybe that will will make some undecided voters think forget you.

i watched on the world news more on ukraine driving out russians and pres zen counterattack not really started yet. hope ukraine gets their land back soon cause if biden does not win it will be bad news for ukraine  i hope that debt ceiling gets fixed not the first time down to the wire and why pick on ss soldiers pay medicare why not all of you in office all not get a paycheck till its fixed?

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7F055D5C0DA1?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26765 on: May 16, 2023, 07:57:32 AM »

5:34 Cool and cloudy to start our day.  54 degrees.
Having trouble getting awake.  Yawning and eyes watering.  News seems never to change.  It is like being in the movie Groundhog Day.  I am tired of it.  Gets easier each day to just turn off the TV and go for a walk. 
Nice to see you all here and share your thoughts though.  Thanks.
Now I will cruise the cams and CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26766 on: May 16, 2023, 12:00:09 PM »

hi neva i was reading on turkey being president if crud wins it will be his last time but hope he loses

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan listens to Russia's President Vladimir Putin during their meeting on sidelines of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) summit, in Astana, Kazakhstan, Thursday, Oct. 13, 2022. (Vyacheslav Prokofyev, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)
Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan listens to Russia's President Vladimir Putin during their meeting on sidelines of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) summit, in Astana, Kazakhstan, Thursday, Oct. 13, 2022. (Vyacheslav Prokofyev, Sputnik, Kremlin Pool Photo via AP)
Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has signaled he plans to run for office again in 2023, but that this will be the last time.

“Inshallah, in 2023, with the power of support I ask from you for the last time, we will start the construction of the Turkish Century and handover this blessed flag to our youth,” Erdogan told supporters at a rally in the Black Sea port of Samsun.

Erdogan and his Justice and Development Party (AKP) are seeking to hold onto power in parliamentary and presidential elections next year. Erdogan has ruled for nearly 20 years, being elected first as prime minister in 2003 and then as president in 2014. Turkey’s political system was redefined in 2017 with a constitutional amendment creating a strong presidency and doing away with the premiership. Erdogan was elected to the new role in 2018. According to the constitution, he is allowed to run twice for the position

neva

« Reply #26767 on: May 16, 2023, 04:02:23 PM »

Barge ...  23:57    93°  (1:31 pm)   Cloudy, a good breeze and ... it rained last night.  Hoping for more.

I hope that your day is going well.

Cal ...  I like your idea:   members of Congress fix that debt ceiling problem or no paycheck.  These people are very well cared for, for life... even those who do nothing while they hold office.

Joho ...  It's not funny, but the comparison is ... Groundhog Day.  Exactly.  Why are we having the same problems and very few real solutions?  All these Partisan agendas that have nothing  to so with serving the people.

(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26768 on: May 17, 2023, 05:35:02 AM »

Jewel and Yearlings Accounted For - UPDATE May 16, 2023

Jewel
Lily and her three yearlings and now Jewel and her three yearlings are both accounted for. Jewel w yearling
Jewel w/yearling
As you know, these are the two den cam mothers of 2010-2013. I heard the excitement in the couple’s voices when they called to let me know about Jewel and say they were sending pictures. Super. Seeing the pictures, I wouldn’t have guessed Jewel right off as big as she looks. They said the yearlings were hungry. They got a picture of her with one of them—but it could be Maverick, Goose, or Iceman from what I can see. Feels good to get the word.

Then, just to celebrate that the hummingbirds are back, I snapped one of a male that shows his iridescent green back but never an angle to have the sun catch what can be a brilliant red throat. He reminded me of another bird that can be either black or beautiful depending on the angle of the sun—this grackle from a couple days ago.

Ruby-throated hummingbird
Ruby-throated hummingbird
 Grackle
Grackle
Right now, a shy yearling male with no identifying marks is outside the window. He’s been here off and on all day, making me wonder if it could be family breakup already. Then, a larger bear joined him and they were so comfortable together that it has to be his mother. Still trying to identify her from the partial look at her chest patch. Sometimes it’s hard to tell who is who at first look—especially with shy bears that we don’t know as well.

Things are happening faster and faster.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #26769 on: May 17, 2023, 05:55:23 AM »

Hi you guys its 55 here 47 in iceland and 76 in kyiv Yay its Jewel!! I love jewel she looks great too beautiful big girl her kids looks good too. Bears are starting to flood dr rogers and eyes what a happy update!

hi neva well i watched on the world news at 2:30 am when i woke up another shooting killed that 97 year old mom and her i think 72 year old daughter 18 year old with assualt rifle i also saw pres obama speaking and talking about how other places had shooting and put a ban on them rifle but not here in usa cause its like have to have those guns. poor old mom lived 97 years and then be taken out by this kid and lets not forget think he had mental illness   so since tons of mental illness mad upset whatever all over the place all over maybe need to think hay maybe we really should ban something. cant ban all the people but can assualt rifles. i also saw ukraine shot down all them russian missiles heading for kyiv  :) even that special one that is so fast putin said cant be shot down well shot down thanks to help from us and uk what are friends for :)

hi joho

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/88055D5C0966?z=0

« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 05:58:05 AM by calhound »

johoward

« Reply #26770 on: May 17, 2023, 07:32:17 AM »

6:42 Hi Cal. 
Cold here this morning.  Took garbage out to curb in shorts.  Will have to change to jeans soon.  My house is steady at 70 degrees since last Fall.  Never have to change it.  So I don't know what to wear outside.  Usually shorts are good all the time from May on, but not today. Too cold.
Thanks for Ukraine news.  You are better than my newspaper at reporting.
Animal cams all looked good this morning.  Moms mostly cuddling babies this morning.
Bear fencers seem a little slow to me. Miss those bears.  Dog cam puppies are getting big.  They are so pampered.
Will go now to do some more cam cruising.  CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26771 on: May 17, 2023, 12:34:40 PM »

neva

« Reply #26772 on: May 17, 2023, 03:35:26 PM »

Pool Seats ...  25:14    87°  (12:57 pm)   Sunny w/ some clouds to the east.  Light breeze.

Hi everyone, I hope all is well.

Hi Cal ...  I love that horse jumping off the Merry-go-round.  That is like it might have been imagined in a child's mind.  Love it!
   And what you said ... your take on the news, it is all true.  I sometimes think about how it was when I was growing up.  It could hardly have been imagined, what goes on today, and would not have been tolerated.

Hi Joho  ...  You are right, those puppies are watched over 24/7. 

(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26773 on: May 17, 2023, 05:33:10 PM »

Well it has been quite a good day after all.  Irrigation guy was here right at 8 am.  Got all done before 9am.  So I was able to get over to take the garden tour at 10 til 11am.  It was cold but still very pleasant to walk amongst the many acres of special trees and other flora. 
This is an interesting park donated to the county parks by Otto Schoefle,the publisher of our Chronicle-Telegram Newspaper.  He lived here with his spinster sister for many years and at the end of their lives.  He went all over the world to bring special plants to this garden.  The one I remember most is the Dawn Redwood.  They have two.  The first one was brought here from China where it is native.  The species is ancient and rare.  It is said to exist as far back as when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. The park is very well maintained using the proceeds from a trust established for that purpose by Otto.
Gotta start thinking about supper now.  I usually eat at 7pm, but I don't have the hour needed to cook the French's Chili-o I thawed out.  I will make it for tomorrow, and eat Campbell's Chicken Noodle and a ham sandwich instead. It is quicker.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26774 on: May 18, 2023, 05:55:38 AM »

hi you guys its  57 here but to mid 80's today and rain again tonight  :( 47 in iceland 78 in kyiv and 60 in the barn. five raccoonies and one stole my sack of cookies i laid down to give indy hay had to try climb up on hay bales use my cane to rope it back birds waiting for their cookies and mice too and indy and sweets.  got that stray cat she comes in for food howling hurry up she had kittens but i have not seen them yet she eats and goes twice a day i feed her. so busy barn. jim been doing lots of new ac and furnace stuff so i was just working on some of that i just got so much going on and need to mow the dogs yard sometime this morning.  :( and go to town and go to the bank.

hi joho sounds like a very nice day for you! i made a bowl of vegan veg soup put it in my knee scooter basket put some bread and cheese in my walmart sack with two bottles of pop and a little debbie fancy cake. got the dogs went to my room but penny and brownie barging past me knocked over my bowl of soup it went all over my basket i just threw it out on the floor and they ate it up i ate cheese sandwiches and little debbie. those dogs in the kitchen now howling coyotes and i have told them only griz was allowed to do that.

hi neva you got that right when i was growing up never would of thought what goes on today and would not of been tolerated. now so worried about offending anyone removing them statues take away history kids walking the streets shooting and killing anyone and everyone. pretty sad times.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/41055D50FA09?z=0