Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602521 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26220 on: January 29, 2023, 09:35:20 AM »

Cal and Neva I have a question.  At my house I have taken great effort to keep our dogs from being on or near our food surfaces.  Ever! Here at "Service..." they are training them to get their dinner at a table.  Why is that do you think?
Thanks again Neva for sharing this link.  It is fascinating in some way most of the time.
Cal I agree less paoer less trees killed.  However, trees can grow back, and there are SOME paper products I would NOT like to be without. LOL
Now about Campbells Soup again.  Crooks and usurers ( on Sunday) I tell you.  Yesterday at Drugmart Chicken noodle, my favorite, could be had on sale for $1.35.  Also Dollar General had it at 4 for $5.00. I like to think they are getting the message. If so it won't be long until I can again enjoy my lunch at $ 1.00 or less per can.  Also I won't have to turn off their commercials.  This will happen quickly if all leave the cans on the shelf until the price is where it used to be for years and years.  They made a profit all those years at $.75 to $ 1.00.  So every penny over $1.00 is what my college professor called ""excess profit" and reason enough to avoid buying some. I have been buying house brands for $.65 to $.75 a can.  They are not as good, but they help make my point.  I know I sound a little like Don Quote, but I was taught that if demand is taken away price will drop due to natural economics pressures.  I am only one, but if others hear me and think they are fed up too good things can be made to happen.
God Bless all our animals and birds and all those who bring us the cams to witness nature. THANKS!
Bye now.  I will be going out and about for a while.  GO BENGALS!
GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26221 on: January 29, 2023, 10:27:49 AM »

hi joho been watching donkey cam saw man cleaning inside barn then cam moved thru out door saw where they are and little donkey jumping up on i now believe bigger donkey not a mule. mule is father donkey mom horse so need bigger donkey small horse or someone standing on a hill. well joho unless service dog getting food for someone who needs help i dont know i yell at my dogs all the time for that and as soon as i turn my back or leave they snatch it steal from my scooter basket too. i try to keep stuff off my counters jim leaves stuff out they do a hit and run get it run behind kitchen table eat really fast jim cant get behind the table very fast so he cussing them out. yes trees grow back but not just like that. and cut down trees that are homes to animals. :( i dont like some off brand stuff i got great value cheese puffs and let me tell you not as good as cheetos i like campbells better too but okay with off brand.  Go Chiefs!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26222 on: January 29, 2023, 10:34:56 AM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26223 on: January 29, 2023, 06:10:45 PM »

Cat ...  31:51    68°  (4:01 pm)  Sunny, clear and windy.  Another good day.

Hello everyone.

Hi Cal and Joho,  I've got the answer for how they are training and feeding the Great Danes.  The owner, Carlene, had explained one time, that with big dogs, they should be eating from an elevated level rather than from a floor level surface.  It is easier on them,  when it comes to swallowing.  Carlene has three of the Danes as her house dogs, they are hers.  They live in her house, sleep in her room at night, but you will never hear of them or see them eating off her kitchen counters...  they still eat from a bowl placed in an elevated dog bowl holder. 

« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 06:17:19 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26224 on: January 29, 2023, 11:02:08 PM »

Thanks Neva.  That is what my Debbie said too.  Huge dogs risk damage of some kind eating with their heads downward when young.  I did not believe her, but now with your comments I do.  Might be harder trying to keep them off the counters and tables later though.
Good game and congratulations to Cal's Chiefs. They are the better team by far. I remember now why I used to dislike the Bengals.  They were dirty players and coaches.  They resorted to their dirty play and lost the game their way.
GO CHIEFS  They are the champions.  They get to keep their name and they get to do the chop.  They are great.
Goon Night now GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26225 on: January 30, 2023, 05:15:47 AM »

Gray Fox Progress, and Pine Grosbeak Potential - UPDATE January 29, 2023

Male pine grosbeak
With the cold reaching at least minus 32°F last night, I didn’t think the gray fox would come. I thought it would be deep in snow wrapped up in its tail; but when I arrived this morning, the trail of treats were gone from the steps to the second floor, Gray fox
Gray fox
and "Eyes of the Night" had this picture of the fox grabbing a piece of raw chicken from the top step a little after midnight. We’ll see if this shy fox will become as comfortable here as others did a few years ago.

Pine grosbeak female
Pine grosbeak female
Today, I got excited when two pine grosbeaks calmly continued to eat just outside my desk window as they watched me grab my camera and snap their pictures, but then I learned that pine grosbeaks are one of the birds that will actually eat sitting on people’s hands like many other northern forest birds will do.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26226 on: January 30, 2023, 05:26:47 AM »

hi you guys its 10 here feels like -2 36 in iceland 34 and snowing in kyiv 51 in the barn nice update pics

hi neva i remember that with my mastiffs and that is true with horses too feeders are up high.

hi joho! joe burrow lost some of coolness for sure. so happy for the chiefs sure did deserve that win. happy bengals fan came here and spend their money for kc. we will take that and the win. kelce brothers heading for super bowl. read their mom could not make both games so she went to jasons eagle game. picture she was wearing travis kc jersey and jason eagle jacket now its go chiefs again!!

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/06055D4B78CC?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #26227 on: January 30, 2023, 08:01:18 AM »

joho jim said before he left bengals tried to hit patricks legs more than once hurt our players he said we had only a couple of receivers left not hurt.  >:( yes burrow and his thugs happy they lost but i wanted chiefs to play them so the game would be here at arrowhead no place like chiefs kingdom i got a bill from excesior hospital our benefit deal from bcbs showed a lower amt for dr charge than hospital so i called but penny in here under kitchen table she does not like me on the phone. usually i call recording do echeck she whines like extremely loud recording says sorry i did not understand you hangs up so i got this woman mercedes started talking to her and penny starts it LOUD i said im sorry my dog does not like me on the phone then i said penny stop it louder whining lady is trying to not laugh cause really its crazy! i said sorry penny ill put you out and its really cold out there whining so no coat at least a flannel shirt i went the kitchen door to talk to her.

johoward

« Reply #26228 on: January 30, 2023, 08:37:36 AM »

8:02 Service Dog cams great this morning. Lots of table training.  Teaching patience too.  Also gate patience.  Finally saw that Brahma bull cow with the halter on.  What a beauty.
 Thanks again Neva. LOL 
Shared it with several friends from NY to FL to OH.  Each time I look in, I see something different.  I like to watch the Jack Russell too watching out his window and sniffing around the rooms.  Someone is helping us by panning the camera.  Thanks to them.
Saw at least 40 or 50 very nervous turkeys on Snow this morning. First they ran left.  Then a few minutes later they ran off to the right.  Never did see what spooked them.
I will go now to start my Monday.  I heard Joan's best old friend, Bonnie, had to leave her home and her dog and go to a senior rest home yesterday.  I will go see her today.  I hope she knows me.
Bye now GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #26229 on: January 30, 2023, 04:01:10 PM »

Football ...  45:19      62°  (2:30 pm)   Clear. sunny and somewhat windy.   Another nice day.

Hello again, I hope that your day is going even better than you had expected.

Hi Cal   I know that Penny's whining and complaining isn't especially funny, yet ... it is.  Our furry kids do have their opinions.
In my younger years, raising five kids, whenever I was on the phone, the kids would always try to get my attention, ask questions, or need something ... and oddly enough, sometimes my husband too.  lol!

Hi Joho    The little Jack Russel Terrier is named Wanda.  She belongs to Carlene's daughter, Jeanine (the one that rescues the donkey, horses and others)  Sometimes Wanda is dropped off at SDP to be babysat by Carlene for a bit.  Jeanine, on one of her trips to rescue the equine animals that she deals with, she found Wanda in Nashville, wandering around on her own, homeless, so she adopted Wanda.

The nice looking bull is named Elvis.  He is a Zebu Bull, a breed from Africa.  He came to SDP before the somewhat smaller, light colored Zebu female.  I'm not sure what her name is.  Elvis is friendly and touchable with the staff and volunteers, but the female is not so much, she seems to only feel secure around him.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 04:04:47 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26230 on: January 30, 2023, 08:38:01 PM »

It is 9:30 Monday.  The horse is laying down with his hind legs drawn up some.  Looks unusual.
Good Night all GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26231 on: January 31, 2023, 05:39:58 AM »

hi you guys its 7 here 26 in iceland 34 and snowing in kviv like they dont have enough problems and 49 in the barn barn is struggle this morning i put hay in that big hole raccoonies use to come on inside. they go in hidey hole in back of the barn which takes them out to an area behind that stacked old square bales of hay they have some tunnels in it that lead to inside where feed pans are water etc. on lightly they can bust thru easy but trying to get the furnace to shut off.

hi neva! well i know its funny when penny does that but sometimes i got to use the phone. niece jeanne thinks its really funny. yes kids husbands do it too. thank for you name of bull and all the info neva! love that cam animals treated so very well. love that

hi joho i finally went to that pa bear cam looks like spanky when he was under the porch. everyone up and okay at donkey cam at the falcon cam falcon out on a branch grooming. it is scary to hear horse laying down i mean they do but not for real long i just went and checked again everyone up mule donkey horse little pony birds

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B4055D4E942D?z=0

johoward

« Reply #26232 on: January 31, 2023, 08:01:43 AM »

5:12 Cold this morning. Only 14 degrees at 9am.  GSB cam showing Highlights. Have now to go over to look at my other cams.  Thanks Cal for commenting sleepy horse.  I feel better. You did just what I hoped you would do. Also, thanks again Neva for the link. LOL
HAGD CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #26233 on: January 31, 2023, 11:48:07 AM »

light color zebo with a blue halter is in the outside pen is this female neva? or is it elvis

calihoula

« Reply #26234 on: January 31, 2023, 12:08:16 PM »

i was trying to look see if boy said come on,move up it did but one of those poles in the way lol i got stuff to do here im looking   i was putting in laundry left my phone on kitchen table it rang then it left a message missed call but makes that sound when doing that i went to pick it up penny whining missed call penny its okay no phone call  went back to donkey cam okay wow elvis in the pen now with her! its elvis!  :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 12:15:03 PM by calihoula »