Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 622206 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26235 on: January 31, 2023, 02:35:59 PM »

went to falcon cam just now falcon doing housekeeping long train cars. beautiful there. highlights beautiful

on fb

Carl Honeycutt
I follow several Chiefs groups, and I am a long time fan, being from Kansas. I hardly ever post to these groups though I follow them. After this past week, seeing and reading all the nastiness, ridicule, sportscasters, Bengals groups, Bengals players, and all the hype. I will say this. The Chiefs have shown nothing but CLASS. That will be the theme of my post. Class in the face of adversity. Class from the ownership on down. Class from the GM. Class from Andy Reid. No ugly responses to defaming our team. No ugly responses to defaming our stadium. No ugly responses to defaming our classy QB. Much respect for our Chiefs not responding to all the hate. As they have so eloquently said, they will respond on the field. Whether we Chiefs fans realize it or not, we are witnessing greatness. Our entire organization already operates at a level on their own. We are the glad recipients of football at its finest. Loud and proud, GO CHIEFS!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 02:40:51 PM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26236 on: January 31, 2023, 04:35:31 PM »

Train ...  25:30    60°  (2:47 pm)    Sunny with a few clouds, and a slight breeze.   Coming up. we are supposed to have three days of possible, but not probable rain, followed by three or so days in the 70s... so, I have no complaints/

I hope that all is well for anyone that drops by here. 

Hi Cal ...  Congratulations on the win for the Chiefs.   That was a nice piece that Honeycutt wrote about them.
   Yes, Elvis is a good looking animal, and the girl feels safe following him around.  Elvis was someone's pet and hand raised, so he has always been friendly at SDP.  The girl is much less socialized.

Hi Joho  ...  You're welcome.  I'm glad you found it to be interesting.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26237 on: February 01, 2023, 05:29:15 AM »

Action in the Cold - UPDATE January 31, 2023

Chickadee
This morning was not as cold as it has been, but at 14°F below zero at 7:28 AM this first bird of the day said it was cold enough to feel it. It grabbed a sunflower seed heart, but instead of holding it firmly between its two feet to peck pieces from it, the chickadee just sat quietly letting only one foot contact the cold branch. The other was pulled up in its feathers that were fluffed to the max for insulation. It makes a person wish he could do something, but somehow the birds survive and keep coming all winter. Although, I do wonder what happened to the lone grackle that came all the time until the cold spell.

Gray Fox
Gray Fox
The gray fox is a trooper coming repeatedly through the night and coming all the way up the steps now, letting "Eyes of the Night" snap this picture of it having a piece of boneless raw chicken near the top, but it has yet to step onto the second floor deck where more such pieces are waiting. We’ll see what happens tonight.

We haven’t seen the wolf here for eleven days, but it was in the area this evening, so maybe we’ll see if it is as brave as the gray fox on the stairs. I wish Bob Cat would let us know he’s okay. The same for the fisher and the non-limping male red fox that had been coming. The limping male red fox is still limping and getting chicken nightly from the friends who first saw him.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26238 on: February 01, 2023, 05:52:25 AM »

hi you guys its 8 26 in iceland 34 in kyiv 49 in the barn but as soon as the sun comes out will get to 51 and shut off did yesterday just so cold at night. i hope someones spots dr rogers cat bob. good neighbors help keep track and feed them poor little bird i wonder how they do it here too i put out lots of food for them and have lots of bird houses up and heated water in big bowls on sidewallk and on the dogs deck. course barn birds have it warm they have to keep out for maybe but they stick up high and in sweets area that is where i throw their food maybe never goes in there.

hi neva elvis is just so handsome and made me sad that he belong to someone who hand raised him and gave him up. why did they do that? i thought the light color one was the girl she was in the pen first and looking out like she was looking for someone. she was. i saw on the world news earlier shooter in target in omaha ne omaha ne use to listed at one of the safest places to live course no such thing anymore but good the police did not fool around shot him dead
A man who entered a Target store in Omaha, Nebraska, and fired a rifle was shot dead by law enforcement officers on Tuesday.

The Omaha police chief, Todd Schmaderer, spoke to reporters about the shooting, which happened shortly before 12 noon local time.

Several 911 calls were made about an active shooter with an AR-15 rifle inside the store, Schmaderer said, adding: “He had an AR-15 rifle with him and plenty of ammunition.”

The shooter was described as a 30-year-old white man.

“The first arriving officers went into the building, confronted the suspect and shot him dead,” Schmaderer said, as reported by NBC News.

It was unclear if the gunman fired at anyone in the store, but shell casings were found at the scene. No one was injured or taken to area hospitals, Schmaderer said.

hi joho i got to go to harps pretty soon. having trouble viewing cams now will check them later got to finish feeding everyone and leave.

almost forgot rest of post

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1C055D57951A?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26239 on: February 01, 2023, 07:23:50 AM »

4:27.   11 and clear.  Campbell's soup at $1 today at Marc's on sale.  I will buy 10 cans today at $1 each to encourage other stores to drop prices.  I still have some in cupboard, but I want to do my small part to show them that the 'Price Is Right".
Coffee waiting.  Will have to nuke it.
Joan's best friend has entered Pathways.  Her memory is slipping.  So sad, but she is not stressing.  I visited her yesterday, and it was very exciting because the fire alarm went off very loudly for about 10 minutes. We were sitting 10 feet from a fire exit, and my car was not too far away from that door..  I was rehearsing how fast I could wheel her out that door, and where I could get a blanket for her on the way.  Luckily it was a false alarm.  I heard the door re-lock very soon after the alarm quit.  This confirmed my plan to go out that way was right.  I will sit near that door every time I go there. It was TOO exciting, but I did not see any panic.
Keep warm EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #26240 on: February 01, 2023, 10:55:04 AM »

hi joho took me like a long time to drive to harps walk the store talk to people who are very nice get home unload go to barn did not see indy went i went in came down to his area where is he he was laying down he lays down on his knees not on his side head on ground his head is up just resting he popped right up he needed more hay treats but put that comb away. good you saw joans friend. fire alarm you got that covered when i was a kid once at grocery store with my mom i saw fire alarm in front of this back door push for er my mom said to me leave that alone course i went right over and pushed it. my old friend dee has that she calls jims phone she forgot mine jim on rons old phone she wanted me to take her dog rascal cause she thinks he is not happy living with her she now lives with son and dil in her own finished basement she cussed jim out for not giving her my number i called her told her dee rascal loves loves you anywhere he lives as long as he is with you he is happy. she said really yes dee and dee my two big crazy girl dogs would really hurt him so no more talk about that she is happy rascal is happy. that dog loves her so much. ya on your soup!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26241 on: February 01, 2023, 01:59:24 PM »

calihoula

« Reply #26242 on: February 01, 2023, 02:01:38 PM »

wow donkey cam horse is saddle up,waiting on rider

calihoula

« Reply #26243 on: February 01, 2023, 02:47:35 PM »

horse he is still waiting no bridle on yet at least halter on

calihoula

« Reply #26244 on: February 01, 2023, 06:07:12 PM »

thank you god in my room done for the day checked donkey cam horse is saddle free eating with his friends earlier jim came home came in barn told me this man was sitting in his car by school house with idaho plates. so jim asked him if he was okay he said yes im just chillin. so jim took a picture of mans car license plate and he called bob. bob is cop at courthouse real nice friends with jim and jason. jim said bob maybe nothing bob said no you did right out of state license he called cops in our county the came right away too jim was standing at his barn and two cop cars came and that man started driving down our road jim pointed to his car that was going up the hill cops turned on lights stop him.  jim came back in the barn told me said teach him to chill around here. im glad we got that electric gate and we got penny and brownie cali too for her mouth others for being protective aggressive. oh jim in the barn i was in indys area cleaning up poop jim came in took bucket i said i got it but he went on said he starts over here i got mad went out said i have been cleaning up barn poop for most my life kinda raising my voice indy knew i was upset he started bucking by jim!  :) i said indy dont like you upsetting me jim said i see that he got out. went back in house indy was being nice let me comb out his mane which did feel pretty soft and his neck but no to back he dont like that. so i guess jim will call bob later see who that was. jim told neighbor they thanked him be watching out too.

calhound

« Reply #26245 on: February 02, 2023, 05:21:53 AM »

It’s me, Human, it’s me, said the Fox - UPDATE February 1, 2023

Gray Fox
Gray fox   Gray fox
Last night the Gray Fox was here in force. It not only came up onto the second floor deck, he or she did it some 30 times and finally posed for "Eyes" to snap super pictures. With a nice black background at ground level, he was looking and listening for danger when he spotted "Eyes of the Night" in the window some ten feet away. He didn’t run. He looked directly at her and the camera as she snapped. Coming up onto the second floor deck, he again saw her in the window. Again he didn’t run. He (or she) took a nice piece of chicken looking out of the corner of his eye as the picture shows. I hope he keeps coming and learns to ignore us as much as the others eventually did (and as the bears did in my research).

Shadow - August 2022
Shadow - August 2022

Mentioning bears made me think about the history of Eagles Nest Community and how this community saw the truth about black bears long before I did. Long before it was known to science, this community saw that bear problems usually are not because of habituation and food-conditioning. Problems are usually caused by hunger. Residents solved that problem with diversionary feeding, got to know the bears, even become protective of them, and the community became known for its lack of problems and peaceful coexistence. As I’ve said before, in years of berry crop failures, when bears elsewhere are going house-to-house being shot as nuisances as they looked for bird seed and garbage; bears around Eagles Nest are being welcomed at a dozen diversionary feeding sites and staying out of trouble. As a result, they live longer. Study bears here are among the oldest black bears in Minnesota and include the second oldest black bear on record (Shadow) at 35 and counting. The picture is of her this past summer on August 15.

Thank you Fox and thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #26246 on: February 02, 2023, 05:41:48 AM »

hi you guys its 23 here clear nice full moon  i cant see my screen for cats okay now i can see some of it. 40 and rain in iceland 36 and rain in kyiv and 51 in the barn. dr rogers and eyes fox is a beauty and happy its eating its food. it looks red to me.  donkey cam mule is laying down and laying down like kneeling like indy does little pony laying down too. horse up oh just went to check again now everyone is up. seems like alot of them in that area but i guess not. mine need their own space. 

i was watching weather channel that ice storm just awful texas just one big ice rink and power out for 200 thousand hope my cousins are not one of them.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

happy groundhog day

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/20055D529951

johoward

« Reply #26247 on: February 02, 2023, 10:36:03 AM »

5:37  Happy Groundhog Day to all.  Can't wait to see Bill again.  I love his transformation in "Groundhog Day".
Took a nice ride west yesterday to Berlin Heights for lunch at a tiny family restaurant.  Was a very nice day.  Got to see that they were still in business and doing good.  Always several little kids there.  Some live there,but yesterday a lot came in just before the 3pm closing time.  They were having some kind of after school youth activity.
 I see now that I need not worry.  They will do OK.  Also, I liked their homemade  blackberry pie.
Gotta go pay bills now, which I skipped yesterday.
Did not see cams yet today, but I will.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26248 on: February 02, 2023, 05:18:48 PM »

hi you guys donkey cam baby donkey with im guessing its mom! omg so darn cute!

neva

« Reply #26249 on: February 02, 2023, 07:26:06 PM »

Ship ...  21:42
  Groundhog ...  21:29    62°  (5:55 pm)   A nice day, clear and sunny.

I hope that everyone had a decent day.

Hi Cal ...   I have wondered about Elvis' situation before.  Apparently someone loved him enough before that he was hand reared and essentially a pet, so why did they let him go?  I think the owner may have been having some difficulties either with their health or finances which caused them to have a change in their living circumstances.  Thank goodness Jeanine found him and brought him to Crazy Acres (SDP) ... the same for the girl Zebu.  It sounds to me like Jeanine and her mother are going to keep them rather than finding another home for them.  They are lucky.  I just found out the female Zebu is named Maybelline.

Hi Joho  ...   Sounds like you had a great day yesterday.  I like that movie too ...  'Groundhog Day'  What an experience that would be.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 03:33:58 AM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)