Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 603495 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26250 on: February 03, 2023, 05:35:22 AM »

hi you guys its 6 here windchill -3 full moon out.39 rain snow mix in iceland 34 and snowing in kyiv 49 in the barn.

hi neva thank for mabels name her and elvis have a great home now and i am sure loved and they got each other. like holly lucky and tasha. like our rescues.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —
Thursday was a special day for a Kansas City legend and Super Bowl fixture.

Groundskeeper George Toma, known as "The God of Sod," turned 94 on Thursday.

He celebrated his 94th birthday by doing what he loves to do and what he does best: working on the playing field.

Toma spent his birthday working on the field for Super Bowl LVII in Arizona.

He's been working the Super Bowl for decades.

His career began at the old Municipal Stadium in Kansas City, and then later on, the Truman Sports Complex.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2E055D5C1203?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26251 on: February 03, 2023, 12:56:08 PM »

7:48 On buffalo. Saw a wounded owl on deer pantry, Richard's  PTZ cam.  It got away before rescue could happen.  Was a Great Horned Owl.
 Cold here today. 13 and windy. BRRR!
Holed up for the day.  Have to go out for mail, but later.  Did go over to neighbor Lorrie's for casserole.  Half is now gone called lunch.  Other half will be dinner.  She is so nice, and her little Fifi dog is too.
Looked in on most cams, but got detoured by the owl rescue.
GTG now so will CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26252 on: February 03, 2023, 02:43:14 PM »

hi joho cold here too wind is so cold suppose to warm up this weekend bad about owl hope it will be help donkey cam fogged up someone needs to clean it off. neva?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #26253 on: February 04, 2023, 05:19:35 AM »

Gray Fox Limping Red Fox, Pine Grosbeak, and Pileated Action - UPDATE February 3, 2023

Male pine grosbeak
With no one here to photograph them last night, it was the gray fox from 7:35 to 11:36 PM and then in the wee hours from 3:17 to 3:21 AM it was the limping red fox here for the first time in weeks—and walking way better than the last time I saw him. Maybe it’s easier for him to make the trip here now from his favorite chicken spot. In his 4-minute visit, he knew what to do—run up the steps, check for food, and go up the driveway to be on his rounds. Glad to see him on video doing so much better. Thank you Lorie and Judy for pulling this all together.

In a color contest today were 7 red male pine grosbeaks in the midst of many blue jays. One of the grosbeaks posed and showed his color spectacularly enough to be the winner—maybe just because I’m more used to blue jays.

The pileated action was at the Bear Center where "Taught" caught a 5:49-minute video of a pileated woodpecker in the midst of revealing action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiR4Dmp0szA&t=9s. Near the beginning of the video, 16 to 23 seconds in, the pileated showed his know-how in pecking two big chips off in plain sight. He showed how he hit them to loosen them, hit them a couple times in just the right places to loosen them more, and then knew they were loose enough he could grab each with his bill and toss them to the ground. I’ve always wondered how such big chips litter the ground where pileateds have been working, and there it was—caught on video. Thank you "Taught".

And thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26254 on: February 04, 2023, 05:26:09 AM »

hi you guys its 29 here clear 34 light snow in iceland 32 snow in kyiv and 51 in the barn. so happy red fox is back and better. pine is just so beautiful cool seeing that woodpecker in action.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/91055D5AB48D?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #26255 on: February 04, 2023, 08:33:51 AM »

donkey cam mom donkey with hurt face  :( her and baby next to horse mule donkey pony area i think.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #26256 on: February 04, 2023, 01:15:36 PM »

6:46 finally got to it.  Been watching The Irwins all day.  Bindi feeding baby Grace and an orphan fur baby at the same time on Grace's schedule. Not the same without Steve, but still entertaining.
Have not checked cams yet today.  Will say CUL EV1 and go check now.  GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #26257 on: February 04, 2023, 07:36:37 PM »

Seahorse ...  32:59     69° (6:13 pm)   A very nice day... it got up to at least 76° here and sunny.

I hope your day went well, so far.  I'm okay.

Hi Cal    I wasn't aware of a hurt donkey mom from their talking about things there.  They do put up a video of a small black and white patches Mom and her tiny baby sometimes when the camera goes out on the live shot now and then... until the camera comes on again.  That particular baby was born there, at SDP.  The mom was being sent. pregnant, off to the slaughter house in Mexico.  Thankfully Jeanine and Carlene got her, and eventually found both, together, a forever home with a family.

Hi Joho   You are so right, it isn't the same without Steve.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26258 on: February 05, 2023, 05:34:56 AM »

hi you guys its 30 here 42 raining in iceland 30 and snow in kyiv and 51 in the barn.

hi joho nope not the same without steve but still really good to watch. i have seen a few and the kids do a good job love robert with the croc just like his dad looks just like his dad.

hi neva! i think it was that donkey you are talking about her face looked hurt but maybe just the cam. those people are the best! donkey cam i just checked horse mule laying down shetland up just went back mule now up  just went back again horse getting up. all up! today be up to 55 indy will finally get to go out again. he will be full of it. i check on process of finland and sweden getting into nato you know that erdogan turkey not letting them in and kept saying they are harboring terrorist they got some out and said that is it. we are done with that so now he is saying they cant come in cause of protest and burned some book or something just looking for stuff so now our sen rep and dem told biden and biden admin told erdogan you will not get those f16 fighter jets or any parts or anything till finland and sweden in nato.  :) watching cnn earlier on that china spy balloon so many different versions of that one minute china says just a weather balloon sure and then we understand you shooting it down which first shot down off coast of  nc then sc then china people making fun of us getting upset over balloon which other way around be the same then china mad we shot it down and now they can shoot down one of ours this is pure putin stuff from china. clear violation what they did.

and i saw ukraine is getting those leopard tanks anytime now! :) canada loaded up lots of them and on its way! france has not ruled out fighter jets countries are ready to get this war done. cant come soon enough

gb you ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E0055D5419B5?z=0

johoward

« Reply #26259 on: February 05, 2023, 09:01:16 AM »

5:18 Thanks Cal,
 Good morning from Ohio EV1.  Nice out and going up to 45 degrees today. Already 41.  I will be out and about some where. Maybe a car wash is in order.
 Had a big bowl of cheerios with blueberries, bananas, orange slices and apple slices.  Ready for the day now.  Will start by looking at cams all across the country from Long Lake NY to Oregon.
Neva thanks for background on spotted donkeys.  It is hard for me to tell highlights from live footage. Go Indy.  We are rooting for you to kick up your heels.
 Have a good Sunday EV1. GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #26260 on: February 05, 2023, 12:58:25 PM »

hi joho indy went out at 11:00 am its 55 here. i could not get his door open it was frozen to ground jim was out there and opened it from outside so indy went out he bucked once went out thru corral gate rolled jim said can you shut the door i said i will get it he left and no door stuck pushed way back good i got that tarp blocking door my birds i got flat shovel pried door up got down digging out frozen dirt from bottom of the door looked up indy looking at me i said what are doing back? he bucked went back out in pasture i went back to digging looked up indy looking at me i said you again he bucked went back out to pasture this time i watched him he came back stopped at corral gate so i got up came in the barn worked inside maybe right there. got the door shut opened it looked out indy eating  took a pee yay!  just checked he is eating   orange slices in cereal real orange i dont know about that.  :)

neva

« Reply #26261 on: February 05, 2023, 04:11:15 PM »

Barrel Cactus ... 35:53     78°  (2:50 pm)  Sunny, clear and somewhat windy.

I hope that all is well with everyone.

Cal ...  I'm glad that Biden made that statement to Turkey.  I wonder why Erdogan thinks he can have any judgement about anyone and whether they are fit to be in NATO.  If you look at Turkish history as regards the Armenians.  I know some would say that was then and this is now ...  His motivations are not pure.

Hi Joho ...   I would be surprised to find orange slices in my cereal  (Oatmeal), but I suppose it could work if they were small like the little Cutie or Halo oranges, maybe?  It is good though, all the fruit that you are having.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26262 on: February 06, 2023, 05:17:18 AM »

Gray Fox, Guilt, Innocence, and a Question - UPDATE February 5, 2023

Red squirrel
Last night between 7:02 PM and 5:06 AM, the gray fox made about 10 trips up to the second floor deck for chicken. He missed a piece, though, that was a little buried in snow. Today a chickadee found it but looked guilty when he saw that I had caught him at it. Click. Busted. He flew off.

Chickadee
Chickadee

The look of a red squirrel was way different as he ate peanuts put out for all. I liked his calm look as he put each peanut to his mouth and nibbled it down.

Then came the male pileated woodpecker with his bright crest and red mustache glowing in the sun. He’s the bird I think about most when putting out suet, and he dove right in pecking pieces from the frozen block. His mate landed a foot or two away. I anticipated a nice picture of sharing. I clicked when she looked at him and took a hop closer. He flew off. I don’t know if he saw something in her look (see what you think) or if he was saying, “It’s all yours, dear. I want you good and healthy to make good eggs this spring. Take all you want.” I’m glad I don’t really have to read animals’ minds.

Pileated woodpecker male
Pileated woodpecker male
Pileated Woodpecker female
Pileated woodpecker female
Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #26263 on: February 06, 2023, 05:44:41 AM »

hi you guys its 34 clear 38 snow in iceland 30 and cloudy in kyiv and 51 in the barn. again nice pictures from doc.  such a kind man

hi neva erdogan thinks he is a dictator is what i think and so he can do think whatever. when he said no cause of protest and burning that book finland sweden told him freedom of speech which of course erdogan does not believe in that. nato wants them in says in times with putin good for us to have them for sure. its like bad against good. i always thought good wins over bad hope that is true. i think chiefs left for phoenix yesterday. saw on the world news earlier about that spy balloon. good its shot down but im sure whatever it picked up already got sent back to china im happy blinken canceled his trip there china not happy but not a good time for him to go like he said. my cousin janice said she will never buy anything from china again but even little parts are made in china so lots of stuff you buy is china but you can not download tic toc which i know she will not but dont have to have that at all.  i remember long ago going to a new walmart down south with my first mil in mtn grove and it said everything there was american made. we need to get back to that more.

hi joho! i told jim to go get indy in he had been out for 3 hours and dogs needed to go out and pee. i watched thru the kitchen window indy was up close to the corral when jim went out and called him indy ran up the gate we go in with the gator and was looking all around i think looking for me. jim called him again he was standing close to him and indy took off bucking and running ran to the other end. so i went out and was walking down the sidewalk to the barn and indy heard me and ran back up to jim and came in. what did you do yesterday?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/97055D505AF9?z=0

johoward

« Reply #26264 on: February 06, 2023, 07:36:05 AM »

4:39 I would like to go there.
Hi EV1.  Happy Monday.  I forgot to peel an orange this morning.  They are in the bottom drawer with the batteries.  So I don't see them all the time.  I will go get one soon.
 You are right.  They are better when eaten alone.  I cereal ,cheerios, was an experiment.  Not all experiments are winners. LOL
Yesterday was a rare good February day to be out and about, but since the lakes are still frozen all I could do was walk about, and I did.
There is a lot of evil in the world.  The worst is the religious animosity festering endlessly in the name of God. May GBU and may GB Ukraine