Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 603460 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25215 on: July 07, 2022, 12:43:53 PM »

hi joho hope puppy is okay listen to radio on my way to dr platte so sad boris johnson resigned.  :( will not be so much help for ukraine now. i felt for awhile putin take over just bomb their cities to nothing kill everyone go to next town i think like pres zen it will be us too. ukraine should be able to hit moscow i google that biden says no jim mad too should be up to ukraine their country their people putin rules cause nuke threat i am pretty sure putin hits poland they will go and hit moscow screw endless nuke threat. so anyway dr platte so nice everyone there so nice took xray felt it my tooth little loose just have to tighten up that screw implant is just fine i said i love you dr platte love you god. he showed me where the screw is way up older style of crown over implant that dr westman did loved westman platte wants to wait till i go back get my new tooth for new implant let this one loosen up some he said i will not screw it up. if it loosens a little more be easier to get to that screw if it doesnt he will drill to it tighten it fill it back up new crown will have a sidelike cap pop it off to tighten it up. i got to leave go home! get gas first sun is out heat on fast another 100 plus today.  :(

gb ukraine god please get putin
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25216 on: July 07, 2022, 12:51:00 PM »

3:32 on igloo

hi neva jim said ill watch the kids go see iceland well jim its not just down the road if i went taking you with me joho you too.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25217 on: July 07, 2022, 04:28:10 PM »

Igloo ... 30:13      100°  (1:45 pm)   Clear, sunny skies and windy.

Hi you two ... and anyone else that visits here.  I hope that your day is going well.  My day is good so far.

Cal ...  I am sorry to see Boris go too, for the reason that when someone else is in trouble, Boris is the first to show up wanting to help.  As for Pres. Zen. I can imagine how hard it is to be in his position.  It has to feel hopeless most of the time.  I guess it would take going after Poland for NATO and EU to go after Putin.  I'm glad to hear that all is going satisfactorily with your dental visit and work.

Joho ...  You may be right, Russia has time and knows no one will really go after him.  He doesn't want to preserve the Ukrainian people, he just wants the land, and he wants more after that, and he's got time for it.  I guess if we looked at a map of what Russia looked like during the reign of the Czars, we would see what he wants.  I hear he admires 'Peter the Great'.  He's more like 'Ivan, the Terrible'.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25218 on: July 07, 2022, 09:42:09 PM »

Hey!
 I just found out Chloe the lost pup was caught today at about noon.  Her owners were coming to get her.  She is well.  Must be a smart dog.  She was at least a half mile from home and across some busy country roads and fields but made it.
Good night now. GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25219 on: July 08, 2022, 05:21:39 AM »

Babies are growing - UPDATE July 6, 2022

Lincoln - photo by Sue Breeden
It was a fun day all day feeling the excitement of course participants as we met bears and saw growing babies. The two pictures of the day were taken by course participant Sue Breeden. One is of a bald eagle bringing a big bluegill to its growing baby—a baby we’ll be watching over the next weeks as it gets ready to fly. The other is Sue’s picture of growing yearling Lincoln (Son of Chloe, great grandson of 35-year-old Shadow) looking neat and sleek in his new coat.

Eaglet
Eaglet
Eagle bringing fish by Sue Breeden
Eagle bringing fish by Sue Breeden
Eagle at nest
Eagle at nest
The eaglet recipient of the bluegill is in the huge old nest we check each year on the pontoon ride. This year it is being used, giving us the excitement of seeing the parents flying in with dinner.

Red squirrel baby
Red squirrel baby
A surprise was a course participant finding a red squirrel nest with two nearly full-grown babies still being tended by their lactating mother. One of them is peeking out of the hole waiting for mom.

Woodchuck baby
Woodchuck baby
Another growing baby is this baby woodchuck immersed in a smorgasbord of green.

An indoors highlight today was a great talk by a Native American about her and her clan’s view of bears and what bears can teach us.

Participants are saying they don’t want to go home!!!

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25220 on: July 08, 2022, 05:35:45 AM »

hi you guys its 72 had another storm go thru  an hour and half ago. 74 in the barn 4 wet mom raccoonies and 5 wet kids. one dry maybe cat i been trying to make her stay in the barn and she has. keep her safe. maybe.  i hope. good update today

Hi Joho! What wonderful news! very lucky puppy to have gone so far and be okay i hope owners have been scared enough to really watch out a good fence is really the way to go. ty god!

Hi Neva! i am so upset over boris. you are right he was first to help. i read putin now has invited the west to come to the battle field Rundown: Russian President Vladimir Putin challenges the West to defeat Russia on the battlefield. Russian President Vladimir Putin warned Thursday that his invasion of Ukraine could continue until the "last Ukrainian is left standing," Reuters reported.

During a speech to parliamentary leaders, Putin said Russia was just getting started with the war in Ukraine, more than four months after he ordered an invasion into the neighboring country.

"Today we hear that they want to defeat us on the battlefield. Well, what can I say? Let them try," Putin said, according to Reuters.

I think let this go on for way too long and putin has upper hand i just hope if ne hits poland or nato land that nato really does do something we need a harry truman again. Dr platte said my tooth the screw was loose he said you know how people say you have a screw loose well you do!  :)

GB Ukraine Good over evil.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F3055D5AB65F?z=0
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 05:37:34 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25221 on: July 08, 2022, 10:44:45 AM »

4:49 yay for me.  I am average. LOL
Chloe is safely home by now.  I was very happy to hear this.  I did spend a lot of time looking for her, and now can stop.  Thank you God.  Now about Putin and his minions.
Gotta go out soon, and later go water Debbie's gardens while she is away.  She has nice gardens all around her house, and on her patio.  She loves butterfly bushes and plants them wherever she moves in.  They grow well for her.  She has planted them at four houses so far.  LOL
I have not heard from her on vacation in Myrtle Beach, but no news is good news.  Boss is boarding at Paws In The Woods.  They take good care of pets there, and help rescue dogs too.
Hope you are all well today.  It is hot again here.  I did sneak in a short bike ride earlier while it was cool.  My back is great, and my new knee is getting more flexible every day.  Still hurts just a little while riding, but not enough to stop me.  I think in this case a little pain means a little gain.  At least I hope that is what is happening.  I am not as sure as I was when younger.
 Time to go out and maybe get some lunch so CUL EV 1.  GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25222 on: July 08, 2022, 06:10:31 PM »

3:22

hi joho you did amazing on puzzle and your bike riding! so great on chloe! ty god hope debbie having fun hope boss is too. its hot here storms at night heat during day grass needed mowing already but i did not had other stuff to do got apc battery back up for my wireless internet power goes out and on here hard on my modem and have to get internet back man said get one i got one for tv and directv receiver power out jim sick of waiting for it to have to reset so now power out this keeps them on good for couple hours but if power stays out for few minutes generator kicks on. im checking on generators for the barn but now bed im really tired gb us gb ukraine

calhound

« Reply #25223 on: July 09, 2022, 05:16:24 AM »

Charlie Brown’s New Look, Welcome Returnees, Tasha Digging - UPDATE July 8, 2022

Charlie Brown on 5/20/22
Charlie Brown has been showing off his new look in good sun. First on May 20 in his full brown winter coat.

Charlie Brown on 6/13/22
Charlie Brown on 6/13/22

Then, 24 days later on June 13, he has lost the brown fur on his face, chest, and front legs but still has short brown fur on the tips of his ears.

Charlie Brown  on 6/27/22
Charlie Brown on 6/27/22

Two weeks later on June 27, he’s lost most of his brown hair on his front shoulders, sides, and back legs but still had a brown back and ear tips.

Charlie Brown on 7/422
Charlie Brown on 7/422

Finally, a week later on July 4, about the only brown he has left is down his spine, as is usual, and still some brown on his ear tips. We’ll see if he keeps the brown on his ears to make it easier to tell it’s him.

Missing females have been showing up. 11-year-old Daisy on June 30 and 13-year-old Summer July 3rd. We always worry in spring until the usual bears show us they made it through another fall and winter. The bears we are thinking about most right now are Lily, Ursula, and 23-year-old RC. We will probably be missing one of the big males. We recently heard that such a bear was killed on the highway at midnight on June 6. We just hope it is not one we know well.

On July 6, 13-year-old Star came to her usual feeding station to provide the end of her story of last spring. On May 15 last year, a car passed over Star’s two cubs, a female cub that wanted to lie on the centerline and a cub of unknown sex that followed mom as she ran into the woods. From back in the woods, I heard an anguished scream and wondered what was happening. That was the last anyone saw or heard that cub. The female on the centerline I gently carried and let go close to where the scream came from, hoping the mother would find her. She did, but we didn’t know it for nine days until Star came to a feeding station with little Haley as she was named. They came together just fine for three weeks through June 10. Three days later, Star arrived alone with a male following her. As with Lily and Hope back in 2010, one cub wasn’t enough to prevent the mother from ovulating and coming into estrus. No one saw the cub again. On July 6 this year, Star came in with two female cubs yet to be named.

Today, Tasha was digging vigorously as "Taught" caught in this 9-minute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9kebWLOUfs

I don’t know why. We’ll see if she goes back and digs some more. If she is digging a den, it is the earliest I know of by a little bit. It was July 19, 2004 when June dug the den she would give birth in six months later.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25224 on: July 09, 2022, 05:33:19 AM »

hi you guys its 71 here 57 in iceland and cloudy. update sad talking about cars hitting bears i go slow around here deer you would think they would do that for bears.  the people jim put an ac in for other day jim knows them. they travel alot and went up to ely and said they saw the bears jim told them i post update from dr rogers from there they did not see our bears just wild bears which probably was one of our bears. i said to jim go all the way up there and not go to see ted and them. they did not know say what? so now they do and said will do that when they head back up there soon. well okay then.

GB Ukraine! and us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/12055D56BDE3

calihoula

« Reply #25225 on: July 09, 2022, 11:25:39 AM »

ALASKA
Putin's Russia Claims 'Alaska Is Ours' As West Rushes Arms To Ukraine l Mere Threat Or New Crisis? Amid the ongoing tense standoff between US and Russia over Ukraine, Alaska has emerged as the latest flashpoint. Billboards reading ‘Alaska is Ours’ have been spotted in Russia's Krasnoyarsk city and the sign has gone viral on social media. The sign was spotted a day after Putin’s ally, Vyacheslav Volodin, threatened to ‘take back’ Alaska in response to US sanctions. In March, Russian State Duma member Oleg Matveychev also called on the Kremlin to reclaim Alaska. After Ukraine, US and Russia to clash over Alaska?

neva

« Reply #25226 on: July 09, 2022, 06:42:54 PM »

African tree ...  24:46     102°  (4:20 pm)   Cloudy and a bit on the windy side.  Alexa says there's a 51% chance of rain tonight.  ???

Hi you two and anyone else that drops by.  I hope your day has been going in the right direction ...

Cal .... Really? ... ALASKA!!!?  I wonder if when Putin was a kid, he was the Bully in the schoolyard?  Ya think?  He likes to taunt people.  Does he really think there would be no answer to that kind of a move?

Joho ...  It's good to hear that the bike rides are working out   (Oh, I just heard some thunder!) fingers crossed ...
            anyway, it's good yyou keep trying  .....    I hear rain drops on the cooler ... I hope it rains for more than a couple of minutes.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25227 on: July 10, 2022, 05:42:11 AM »

hi you guys its 70 here i see stars in the sky so no rain. 54 in iceland cloudy looking at their month weather forecast no sun for a month cloudy or raining 4 mom raccoonies 6 kids cookies flying all over the place.

Hi Neva! Yes putin wants alaska back i read we bought alaska from russia back in 1867 for 7.2 million dollars im sure we have the receipt somewhere not that would matter to putin which is now like the worse word there is. i would hope nato would show up for that. i also read putin has enough sense that he sends off a nuke it would be sent right back to him. he is so hilter dictator when hilter hit was no nato just knowing this person needed to be stopped period and went and did that but now we dont do that. just let him go and on should be no fly zone if the first place. now a real mess and will be a war if not already read india and good old china bought well this   Ukraine war: India, China buy Russian oil and gas worth $24 bn in 3 months  they are giving putin tons of money to keep up bombing all day and night.  >:( i sure putin thinks there would no response that would mattter on taking or trying to take alaska so far nato not really done much to stop him so far. well sent some weapons but has that stop him no it has not  i hope you got some rain!  i mowed yesterday hope it does not grow right back. i got to go get some gas for my mower.

Hi Joho!

God please bless ukraine do something with putin

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F9055D53929D?z=0

neva

« Reply #25228 on: July 10, 2022, 04:16:30 PM »

Toes ...  26:36       104° (1:52 pm)  Some clouds, can't see a hint of a breeze at the moment.  It did rain yesterday as I was posting here, but only lasted for about 10 minutes, tops.

Hi you two ... 

Cal ... I remember that deal in buying Alaska, at the time was referred to as, "Seward's Folly" because everyone thought it was stupid to have done that.  I think it turns out to be the best purchase we ever made.  I'm sure that Canada is happy that we did as well.

Later  106°  (4:50 pm)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 05:53:34 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25229 on: July 10, 2022, 06:38:05 PM »

hi neva how cool you remember that! sewards folly later i will google that. at 3 pm i went back to the barn pearl hurt herself on her left side it was hot in the barn she went down i believe got herself back up but worked into a big sweat i got jim that filter from walmart is thick hate it harps filters way thinner and everytime i go in the barn i take my little hand broom sweep it off on the outside so i put an old harps on could feel cool air jim looked up in the coils in furnace and wet slimy so he took off the cover i hooked a hose to pearls water and jim hosed it out man the cold air came out hard! temp dropped two degrees pearl feeling way better. i stayed out till six dropped to 76 set on 74 94 outside so pretty happy about that i worry all the time about pearl. she was trying to take out sweets again eating her treats pooped peed going to town on her hay fans all still on ask god jesus guardian angels please keep us safe tonight have pearl do good be up okay in the morning, i got to go to bed get up at 3:30 am