Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602742 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #24195 on: November 25, 2021, 05:06:03 AM »

hi you guys happy thanksgiving! I am thankful to have you! its 28 here north wind blustery just like they said 52 in the barn 3 raccoonies. well shoot there goes griz. now the girls have joined in my dogs are always barkin  :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2F055D4FE59B?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

ruesgram

« Reply #24196 on: November 25, 2021, 09:06:55 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving, Jewelies! I tried to insert a Thanksgiving image but I can't remember how to do it! My memory isn't what it once was! I bought my turkey breast a month ago. In fact, I bought 2. One for today and one for Christmas because they were saying there could be a shortage. Don't know if that happened or not. Earlier this morning I started prepping things for dinner only to find that I didn't have a cooking bag! I panicked! I haven't baked a turkey without a bag in years! I knew Walmart was closed so I ran to Piggly Wiggly hoping they hadn't sold out of the bags. Thank goodness they had one box left! Whew! All that preplanning and I forget the cooking bag! Got lots to do before dinner.  Hope you all have a nice day!

ruesgram

« Reply #24197 on: November 25, 2021, 09:14:27 AM »

Whoopie, it worked!!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 09:16:58 AM by ruesgram »

calihoula

« Reply #24198 on: November 25, 2021, 10:05:24 AM »

hi ya rues! :) i had a turkey breast in the freezer so cooked it made my rolls what a job they are raising now barely had enough juice from turkey for jims dressing i mean barely! girls in my way jim in here he peeled tators cooking for his masn potatoes up to me be instant we will be ordering a precook dinner for christmas! one for the dogs too. parade on tv plaza lights tonight at 6 love your thanksgiving image and you figured it out really love seeing you here we missed you so very much! have a happy day hi crow hi robin! wow no cook bag lucky piggy had one left! :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #24199 on: November 25, 2021, 11:52:31 AM »

3:49 on pumpkin well all that work jim plowed thru the food laying down he ate turkey mash potatoes peas gravy dressing and 11 rolls heard him saying while eating rolls damn those are good. i ate my stove top cornbread dressing cranberry one roll and they are good just alot of work to make oh no jim came back another roll! im taking a roll out to pearl
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #24200 on: November 26, 2021, 05:27:06 AM »

hi you guys i hope you had a good day yesterday its 28 here 52 in the barn no raccoonies but i saw a gray cat  :( i hope my birds and mice will be okay maybe it will head out directv gave us all the movie channels for 4 days free i watched the plaza lights for awhile then it got boring went to the movie channel lonesome dove was starting and i love that  book was so good movie just as good hours long but no commercials and i got to watching it.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E0055D5419B5?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24201 on: November 26, 2021, 07:14:43 AM »

calhound

« Reply #24202 on: November 27, 2021, 05:16:58 AM »

hi you guys its 40 here no raccoons one gray cat yesterday afternoon i was out with pearl and she was at her hay feeder and moved back fast slid and fell down my heart just stopped i screamed pearl she was laying there and then moving her front legs but not the back ones oh god help us then she got herself turned around and got up. oh my god. so i worked and worked on her area smoothing it out putting down pellets then i went out checked on her over and over she is good thank you god.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/45055D5A26B2?z=0

calhound

« Reply #24203 on: November 27, 2021, 06:38:09 AM »

Happy Birthday Neva!!! xoxo

calhound

« Reply #24204 on: November 27, 2021, 10:12:07 AM »

johoward

« Reply #24205 on: November 27, 2021, 12:56:22 PM »

7:50 on horse.  Is that a pinto?  Nice blaze.
Happy birthday Neva.  Mine and someone else is coming soon too.  I will be 82, the other one is just a kid by comparison.  I am so old I have lost all my friends and most of my relatives.  I was asked the other day who was my best friend, and I could not think of any still alive.  The one I had as a secret on my verizon account has been dead for over 15 years.  The Golden years.  I guess the alternative is really not better though. 
Ok then lunch is over here in Ohio.  Had our first real snowfall yesterday and it totally took me by surprise.  Today just cold.  Tomorrow more snow they say, but the shock is over.
I will say so long for now and God Bless.

calihoula

« Reply #24206 on: November 27, 2021, 01:32:19 PM »

4:29 on the paint hi joho paint is combine of western stock with a pintos spotting pattern jim dug up dirt from hay field put in buckets in gator to barn big poop buckets i dumped them in pearls area by her feeder where she slid in clay pee pellet stuff then jim took his big taper and pounded it down now a much smoother area dirt i will have to put pee pellets on it as needed but feel its better now. i am pooped i have lost many too. its in the 60s here where is snow oh ohio you be careful in it when it gets here i feel safe i use my walker on the sidewalk to my barn pearls barn sweets and pearl barn i told her going to change your station on the radio to all christmas music for awhile. if she likes it if not its back to the farm yee haw

neva

« Reply #24207 on: November 28, 2021, 01:44:57 AM »

Year of the Horse ...  22:08      It was a sunny day, in the 70s today.

It was so good to see you here, Rues.  Thank goodness for the one bag left for your turkey.  It does make a difference in how it comes out, doesn't it?  I would like to get down to at least a smaller turkey in this house now.  There are only four of us, but the girls get a rather large one.

Thanks for the lovely birthday good wishes, I never thought I would get to 80.  I am not that inside of my head, so I can't believe it when I say it.  It was a good day.  That was a lovely greeting, Cal, full of Dachshunds.  They are wonderful little dogs, I bet you would love one, Cal.  Soon I will try to post a picture of Hansi for you.  His name was 'Baron Hans Fredrich Von Munchhausen'.  He was a gift from my daughter and did come with papers, so for the fun of it, I figured I'd fill them out and send it in and register him, even though I had no plans on breeding or showing him.  He was a large miniature dog, smooth coated, black and tan.  I found out that though he was named after an actual historical character, there is another part of the story.  There is such a thing as Munchhausen's Disease, so it ends up my little guy was also named after a disease.   😒  Oh well, I loved that little guy.

I hope that you have tons of good memories, Joho ... and it is wonderful that you have the family that you have, and they love spending time with you.  That is real treasure.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #24208 on: November 28, 2021, 05:31:34 AM »

All is Well - UPDATE November 27, 2021
Red fox w deer mousehttps://www.bearstudy.org/images/stories/images/Updates_2021/20211127_Red_fox_w_deer_mouse1.jpg   Red fox w/deer mouse
Red fox w/deer mouse
As Ted continues to recover from his dental surgery, the rest of us are recovering from Thanksgiving Day. No real update tonight. The highlight of the day was the red fox eating his mice.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #24209 on: November 28, 2021, 05:35:07 AM »

NEVA, Happy belated birthday!!!  Take care!
[/img]
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl