Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 630273 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #24180 on: November 22, 2021, 05:44:17 AM »

Hi you guys its 27 here 51 in the barn no raccoonies but they came ate all the food in the barn and i got in before 6 saw my mom and kid possum mom went around to each place i had dry dog food out i put some cookies in each one and she went to each place ate the cookies first love the update ted doing so good and little roly poly dexter is so cute

Hi Neva! yep any kind of food will do i can eat my cheese pizza with some onions and green peppers on top hit the microwave dinner! i always share it with my dogs. but jim is looking forward to me cooking but christmas prefixed i think   his sister called him yesterday wanted us to eat at his dads she is making dinner but its at 2pm and jim told her nope when i feed the dogs and mom cats back to pearl and sweets and so forth she loves animal she got it and i have a hard time getting around and going there would put me so far behind on my daily chores jim happy to stay home he told her just us this time. i do think it is time for thanks for our family but sometimes your better off to not to do that and i dont mean with jims sister i mean with mine. You did some cooking wow 22 people how fun!  when we got our one german shepherd jamie she has 2 sisters and i sat and watched them for almost 2 hours man said he was going in to eat his lunch something about her love all my dogs past and present. Calihoula i love her merle marking too seeing her online at that shelter in dallas texas i just knew i had to have her but hard to see other dogs there it was a kill shelter :( ours in town is not a kill shelter dont think any around here are and they get adopted too go to good homes ed told me that.

hi joho! yes chiefs won go defense i mean go!! yay offense we rocked arrowhead for sure! so happy the brownies won too! i saw you were in for some rain happy it is not raining here. i got to go to the bank and get gas for my car in a bit maybe go in the big walmart or over to price choppers need milk jim ate all the cupcakes and drank all the milk. be hard on me to go in there but maybe i can. gb cul jack russells are cute dogs too our friend rick had one his name was obnoxious bob

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/20055D51B414?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #24181 on: November 22, 2021, 08:03:21 AM »

6.01  just got up.  Too much football.  Nice out.  32 and sunny, but dry. Lots of shoppers will be out.  I hope they get all they need and nothing extra.  I hope they wear masks.
  This close to Thanksgiving would be a terrible time for covid.
Now coffee will not make itself.  So GTG CUL EV1 GB

neva

« Reply #24182 on: November 22, 2021, 01:05:18 PM »

Jumping dog ...  28:10             75°  (11:34 am)  hazy

Cal ... One time we packed up Thanksgiving Dinner like a picnic and went out into a favorite place of ours in the desert.  That particular day was somewhat chilly, but dressed for it and had a great time.  It was especially nice because our oldest daughter and her husband and two kids came down from Cheyenne, Wyoming to be with us.  Yes, I personally, could be just as happy with pizza, though I do love the traditional meal.  As for the crowd showing up ... things are too iffy these days ... with covid.  We could end up with another winter surge, and you have to be able to trust the people that you are with as to whether they have really had their shots or not.  I used tell people that came to our dinners that they could bring a boyfriend or girlfriend or just plain friend.  Now you would have to think twice about that.  I hope that we all live long enough to see this whole thing become something like as simple as an annual flu shot to control. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #24183 on: November 23, 2021, 05:14:28 AM »

hi you guys its 32 here 51 in the barn three raccoonies. i put out cookies dog food and little debbie cakes last night for the possums and raccoonies possums came right at 6 pm and boy did mom and kid love those cakes! fun watching them thru my bathroom window till girls on my bed start whining i swear.

Hi joho so funny coffee will not make it self i do not drink coffee never have jim does not either but i do hit the pop diet dr pepper. i think there are some coffee makers that do make it on their own i think jp had one. chiefs did great with dallas now we have a bye then denver here at arrowhead.

Hi Neva! i dont like picnics cause of bugs and i dont hurt the bugs but do not like them in my food do you have bugs in the desert i am trying to remember if my mom had them when she lived in vegas. No cant tell someone to bring a friend its a different time but like you hope its just a yearly shot along with the flu shot. and lets hope nothing new comes up. china kinda getting on my nerves with stuff i hope that tennis girl is really okay. not letting your people have freedom is hard to understand. Rues was telling me robin broke off her friendship with her friend cause she lied to her about getting that vaccine she never did. her mom died from it so you have to be so careful anymore pearl farrier had covid i thought he got vaccinated. i am afraid what the holidays will do just keep safe you guys !!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/27055D596350?z=0
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 05:16:11 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #24184 on: November 23, 2021, 11:01:45 AM »

6.57 at almost lunch time. Nice cool day.  I started to go out , but changed my mind when I went out to start the car.  It chased me back inside.  Instead of heading out I pulled the car into the garage and SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
 Been cooking ever since.  Nice pot of chili for lunch, and to give away to friends. Thanks again to you guys for furnishing the French's Chili-o.  My fans love you for it.  So do I. 
This batch is a trial for me.  Will need to warn my judges of the ingredients being slightly different.  Of course the main ingredient is the French's  Chili-o.  This time though I used ground pork sausage browned with sliced yellow onions instead of ground beef or turkey.  I hope I like it.  I also added a small can of Green Giant whole kernel corn and a good size bowl of leftover mixed veggies, with corn, peas, cut green beans, and carrot cubes.  Makes a very colorful pan. 
My holiday will be lonely.  Deb went to a Brown's fund raiser on the 13th.  She came down with the "flu" on the 16th, and was diagnosed last evening with the covid.  She had two shots of Pfizer, but no booster yet, and her symptoms are mild compared to many others I have heard of.  Still I have to isolate from her and I really don't want to.  She was told that since she just passed the 5th day of symptoms and is improving she will continue to improve.  The 5th day they said was a crucial turning point where some go up and some go way down and head for the ICU.  Since she was beyond the #rd day of illness she was not eligible for Pfizer's new pill called Paxlovid.  So GET TESTED as soon as you feel bad.  She never lost her appetite or ability to taste food.  So she thought she had the flu  with just chills stuffiness and fatigue. She has worked at home every day wiith a good deal of difficuly.

Well GTG I hear the stove beeping now
GB EV1

calihoula

« Reply #24185 on: November 23, 2021, 11:46:23 AM »

hi joho yes pull that car back in shut the front door! sorry about deb even though i got my vaccine jj and jj booster not going in any where i dont have too. and mask is always on! i went to the feed store pearl stuff just me and one other customer in there we got our mask on all employees have a mask on got in and out post office for stamps one big mouth lady at counter going on about her package mail guy really big and heavy looking all over in back she kept going on about it from kohls baby shoes she was old lady a man comes in behind me stand on your circle there he did i was standing on my circle 6 ft away mail guy said its loaded on the truck going. to your house today she went on about it was from kohls im thinking who cares! i got stuff to do at home man behind me rolling his eyes mail guy looking back at me old women still talking i said to mail guy you got any christmas stamps she looks back at me says did not see you there man behind me said really im waiting too. she did not want to move but she did. im done having to get out this week! staying home just me jim and pets. your welcome for chilo you are very creative with your chili! new one sounds good with no meat at all i would eat it! gb your deb she has boss joho you got us football thursday want to safe want neva safe too all of us stay safe!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #24186 on: November 23, 2021, 11:50:34 AM »

dog chewed the leash in 2:51 and went home and shut the front door!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #24187 on: November 23, 2021, 04:22:47 PM »

Leash Chew ...   23:18           77°   cloudy  (2:46)

Hi Joho ...  That sounds great, a pot of Chili ... even in our weather out here.  That is the great thing about Chili is that there are so many ways to make it, so many possibilities.  There is a Mexican recipe called Picadillo that is a lot like regular Chili, maybe better???  I ought to get my Slow Cooker out ... and make some Corn Bread to go with it.   

Hi Cal ...   I don't blame Rues daughter for being so angry at her 'friend', supposed friend ... who lies about something like that, right?  Apparently, many might. 

I heard someone say once that we should keep in mind that there are people that we know and care about, that we don't get to see all that often ... and once in a while we should call them and chat for a bit, or even on our computers.  My granddaughter talks to her boyfriend 'face to face' internet ... he lives in a different town than we do.  That is a bit different.  but that works for a once in a while call with old friends that one hasn't spoken to in a long while, and no one writes snail-mail letters anymore.  It makes everyone able to keep in touch, and it is a gift to that person. ( Now I have to follow my own advice and call my friend Joni ...  )
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 04:25:43 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #24188 on: November 24, 2021, 05:14:32 AM »

Ted Doing Well, Fox Eating Turkey - UPDATE November 23, 2021
Ted   Ted   Ted
Ted is doing better but has some healing to do yet. The pictures show him resting, eating, and with his bowl. He completed his antibacterial prescription on Sunday but will get meals through Thanksgiving. We will then be watching as he presumably will settle into hibernation as in the past. We’ll see what happens in this year of surgery. A couple days ago, Sharon gave him more straw that he busily arranged.

Red fox with turkey neck   Red fox with mice
Yesterday at the WRI, the fox ate four mice that had come inside during the cold spell. Also, Donna and I had an early turkey dinner with leftovers saved for him. Today, his first choice was the turkey neck. He came back two more times and cleaned up his "plate" each time. Well, not quite. On his last visit he said it was time for dessert and chose four tiny blueberry muffins over a slice of bologna that is still there.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #24189 on: November 24, 2021, 05:29:49 AM »

hi you guys its 52 here down to 20's tonight high tomorrow 30's blustery winds from north they say. good ted is better took his meds he looks pretty awake to me but sleeping will help him heal. no comment on those mice but eating muffins is good also good fox did not choke on turkey neck bones. oh no raccoonies this morning but all the food was gone in the barn and i did not see my possums and was upset hoping not ran over it was only 5:45 pm i went and looked at 6 pm there was mom and kid! i put out even more treats along with dog food bird seed. woke up at midnight and looked out baby possum eating up what was left of bird seed everything else was gone.  i got tons of stuff in my car for them and pearl and sweets.

hi neva missy has called me three times i never carry my phone look at it here and there i am always doing something so when i went to the feed store called her she was heading to work so nice little talk she gets it she has stuff to do too but you are right need to take time to do that now call joni!  :)

Hi joho! nevas chili sounds good and yum cornbread i made cornbread yesterday for pearl and sweet  i ate one piece of it.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/18055D537155?z=0

johoward

« Reply #24190 on: November 24, 2021, 06:29:47 AM »

6:24 challenging
31 clear now, but goes to 50 later
Skin Dr. Secrist at 8:20 so got to get ready.  Last visit with him.  He is retiring soon.  I will miss him.  He is good, and even though I don't have a lot of skin trouble it has been comforting to know he was available if needed.  He has frozen off numerous little things over the years.
Well tried to google how to make degree mark.  Did not work. I will find a good stenographer and ask again.  First time Google has failed me.
Bye for now EV1 GB

neva

« Reply #24191 on: November 24, 2021, 04:39:46 PM »

Degree symbol ...    Hold down ALT key (on left side) with your left hand, and while doing that, type with right hand,     

0 1 7 6       (zero - one - seven - six)         I'll check here to make sure it's right ......       85°     yup   
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 04:41:47 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #24192 on: November 24, 2021, 05:20:20 PM »

hi neva i will try that on my desktop on my ipad now ready to lay down in my room dogs all sleeping possums will be here soon then sleep cold front on its way now

hi joho how did it go today? look you got an excellent steno!  :) almost dropped my ipad jim in the kitchen which is right next to my bedroom shutting microwave door penny and brownie came out of a deep sleep high pitch barking  there is a country song plays on pearls radio blake shelton country boy
My back is always breakin', my dogs are always barkin'
My money has trouble makin', and my truck has trouble startin'.

calhound

« Reply #24193 on: November 25, 2021, 04:49:19 AM »

No update for the next couple of days as we are spending time with family and friends. We would like to wish all who celebrate, a wonderful Thanksgiving!

calhound

« Reply #24194 on: November 25, 2021, 05:02:22 AM »