Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 620660 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #24225 on: December 02, 2021, 05:39:17 AM »

hi you guys its 51 here up to the middle 70's today where is winter at weatherman said yesterday all of dec be alot warmer. i did not know that about deer hope they dont have to worry about getting shot during this time wish they never had to worry about that.

hi neva! i have never had mince meat pie just the name alone ick then rum on it sounds awful! i love lots of pies my mom she made a few good things and her peach cobbler was one of them i picked blackberries and made a blackberry cobbler omg it was so good love apple oh mom made a really good lemon merange pie too i do not like pecan pie way too rich. well larrys grandma sounds like gk they married so young back then my granny herself married the first time at 14 had my uncle john and my mom she wanted a divorce from him. she got it gk made sure of it! :) i do not like heights either.

hi joho! now we all now how much you like to eat but then dont we all so dont be sitting around eating mince meat pie with rum on it! :) what did you do yesterday we might not have any snow this month at all. chiefs play sunday they changed to the sunday night game probably cause we are playing so good right now. 

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FC055D58C15A?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #24226 on: December 02, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »

Hi ev1,
Cal you are a work. Daisy puzzle. Not balloons, etc. LOL  Really the other extreme.  I think it is OK for us to look at exciting stuff without doing it.  I mean look at a rodeo.  I never once thought, "oh if only I was on that bucking steer over there."  No I only think like, "gee I wish that rider does not get his head stepped on after he is bucked off."
I do not even remember yesterday. I did get some bakery somewhere and some KFC for lunch I recall.  Which I finished at dinner time with some fruit cocktail from the can. Oh that reminds me I forgot to have some of that giant wheat bread from the bakery for toast.  I will go do that soon as I am done with this memo. I did some riding around.  I do that a lot. Did I miss something?
My recollection of mincemeat pie comes from my grandma's holiday kitchen, and all I can recall is I grew up thinking any pie with the name meat in it was not for me. I am with Neva on that. I love all pies equally except for that one.  I even love chicken pot pies.  I don't know why they are called "pot pies".
BTW Bear . org sent an email to me about some openings for the 4th at the bear courses.  I am thinking seriously about signing up, and maybe getting someone to go with me.  The cost is high but not too high for what they offer with Doc.
Now let there be toast for brunch. LOL
CUL EV1 God Bless

calihoula

« Reply #24227 on: December 02, 2021, 03:27:40 PM »

hi joho i got that bear course deal forgot to post it on my ipad so cant i use to wish i could go but i can not cant get around well and pearl needs me everyone here does if you go tell us everything. but only go if you really can joho. i do not like rodeos feel sorry for horses bulls i would think hope that horse or bull is okay not the rider rider chose to do that. i broke my horse way back i was i think ten tuco threw me many times landed on a fence told mom hay i dont want to get back on could you break her for me mom cut a switch okay back on day she was broke mom got out that brownie camera no stopping me after that but when i got roxie soda had my farrier break them. no more doing that. i love eating fruit cocktail outta can too i like the one that says very cherry extra cherries.and dogs dont bug me cause they do not like it.my pizza every night i give them half. yum wheat bread from bakery sounds so good. with jelly on it

hi neva i have not looked at my advent today did ride that deal yesterday way up high but i did okay on it  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #24228 on: December 02, 2021, 03:32:35 PM »

3:59 on the killer daisies
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #24229 on: December 02, 2021, 07:53:23 PM »

7:10 finally see the daisyes are not much of a threat. LOL
Mincemeat still stuck in my head.  Grammas actually had some kind of meat chunks in it and fruit I think.  Like maybe raisins and or FIGS.
well I still ate it if it was in front of me.  Still do that . Although I do slow down a little when liver shows up.

calhound

« Reply #24230 on: December 03, 2021, 05:34:41 AM »

Wildlife Research Institute
Home  •  Daily Update Archives  •  Bear Study Course  •  Learn More About Bears

We want to share this important message from our friends at the
North American Bear Center

NABC Banner
THE NABC   BEAR FACTS   GIFT SHOP   DONATE
Shop Now and Save 25% Off Your Entire Order!

Get in the Holiday spirit and take advantage of this
incredible offer in our Bear Necessities Gift Shop!
Holiday Special

Everything is 25% off now through December 20, 2021*
That’s right, everything is on sale:  sweatshirts, plush animals, hats, T-shirts, home décor items, and so much more!

Items for sale

Shop for friends and family or indulge and shop for something for yourself.  Just use coupon code HOLIDAY25 at check out.

When you shop with us, not only will you enjoy great savings, but you will be supporting the North American Bear Center. 

*25% off coupon may not be combined with other coupons

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thank you for your support!
Scott Edgett, Sr. Director, North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24231 on: December 03, 2021, 05:47:45 AM »

hi you guys its 49 here 3 raccoonies and one cat in the barn. on pearls radio the farm said monday high would be 30's and snow maybe tuesday so winter be here for a few days anyway. last night i looked out my window in my bathroom to see if mom and baby possum here and if i would have to tap on my window to run off two big fat raccoonie for a bit so baby could eat i had to do that night before and mom was there and so was baby and another baby possum. so two kids and mom did not see any raccoons yet so they ate  an hour later i looked and some raccoonies joined them. woke up at 3 am and saw one baby eating bird seed off the sidewalk and no one else. dogs all sleeping so watched the news till 3:45 and looked again baby was gone let the dogs out.

hi joho! oh gag me with a spoon meat and fruit in a pie ick. you are so funny eat whatever is put in front of you but good even you have limits get outta here liver! :)

Hi Neva well i did not do my advent yesterday just so much too do i went in walmart yesterday and went early but it was packed got my stuff got out wore me out today online grocery shopping for dog food and stuff just let them walk around the store and load it up for me. nice about that calendar it will still be there whenever i get to it. christmas so close. what do you do for christmas? joho will be eating but not liver.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EB055D51A229?z=0

calhound

« Reply #24232 on: December 03, 2021, 06:29:30 AM »

Registration is now open for the Black Bear Field Study Course at the Wildlife Research Institute.   Space is limited so if you are interested click this link for details.   https://mailchi.mp/.../there-are-still-a-few-spots...

calhound

« Reply #24233 on: December 03, 2021, 06:29:48 AM »

calhound

« Reply #24234 on: December 04, 2021, 05:08:29 AM »

Happy Birthday Joho!

calhound

« Reply #24235 on: December 04, 2021, 05:13:44 AM »

hi you guys its 39 did not see any raccoonies or cat but no mice came running out so cat probably somewhere in there.

Hi Joho! What are you doing today for your birthday? I hope you have a happy day! Lots to eat! i got to go to the feed store i think jim is taking me this morning so we will go by mcdonalds drive thru or sonic.

Hi Neva!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/93055D54EDDA?z=0

calhound

« Reply #24236 on: December 04, 2021, 09:50:19 AM »

ruesgram

« Reply #24237 on: December 04, 2021, 10:44:05 AM »

Happy Birthday, Cal! Hope you have a nice day! :)

johoward

« Reply #24238 on: December 04, 2021, 01:58:57 PM »

Happy to you too Cal,
I am 82. Both my parents died before 63.  Soooo I am very glad to be here.  Also I am very glad I can walk quite a bit without falling.  I mean I walked about a mile today already outside in the very nice fresh air and breeze.  I take a tall walking stick and stumble once in a while, but no more falling.  It has been about three weeks since my last fall.
I tried to sign up for the course, but they said all spots are now taken.
It is only 43 degrees, but the bright sun makes it pleasant.
I will have dinner with Debbie and some of her children.  I love them all.
 Did I tell you our little Mary will have her first baby in the Spring.
Now I need a nap.  CUL GB

neva

« Reply #24239 on: December 04, 2021, 07:08:29 PM »

Happy Birthday, Cal, I hope it has been a good day ...

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)