Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 628617 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #24165 on: November 20, 2021, 05:49:38 AM »

Sharon posted this at fb

Ted looking good

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #24166 on: November 20, 2021, 03:38:46 PM »

yum ate that pie in 4:43
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #24167 on: November 20, 2021, 07:16:16 PM »

pie ...  27:48        Apparently the temp was supposed to get up to 80° today, but it is 74° at the moment  (5:20 pm)

jmo means  -  just my opinion.

Larry used to tell me that  " ... getting old ain't for sissies."  You go to the doctor, it seems, and there's always something new, and your always running to appointments.  It is wonderful to get the help you need, but one does get tired of it at times.  I know how you feel, Cal.

That dog shame made me remember a German Shepherd pup that we had back when we were in our 20s.  Max was about 8 months old, big a strong.  The landlord, a very nice man, came by and planted a lovely young tree.  About four days later, we came back from Church and as we drove up the driveway ... we saw the tree.  It looked like it had been blasted by some major storm ... the dog had destroyed it.  We immediately drove to a plant nursery and bought the same kind of tree, only bigger and better, and went home and planted it surrounded by a wire cage and stakes so that Max couldn't reach it.  About a week later, the landlord came over and took a long look at it and I told him what happened.  He smiled and said, 'Well, I have no complaints, you gave me better than I had planted there in the first place."  Well, I felt I should and besides, I didn't want to be asked to leave.  We loved that dog and kept him.  He was smart, but young and very trainable.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 07:26:29 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #24168 on: November 20, 2021, 08:58:02 PM »

5:24 I like Pumpkin pie and it likes me today.
Nice but cool all day around here was out walking a lot.  This new knee is working.
Debbie is sick.  Says she has the flu.  Taste is working.  So maybe just flu.   She went to an outdoor Browns football tailgate fund raiser on Sunday while I minded Boss.  That is where she got sick.  Helping others.  I even gave her twenty dollars to donate to the good cause, Not Forgotten Box, for me.  Now she is sick. Darn we just can't win.
 She wants to cook for me on Thursday, but not sure she can do it.  Also not sure I want her to, because of the way she sounds on the phone.  I like feeling good. Even though it is lonely.
Well good to see Ted doing well.
  Glad someone noticed that I dedicated a bunch of Bear donations.  Never tried that before.  Kind of glad I did not think of more friends at that time. LOL  My visa called and said did I know someone gave 30 gifts to the bears on my visa?  I wish I knew how to find out if we got any bonuses from number of gifts in the Golden Hours.
Also like to know how Neva knew she was mentioned, but glad she knew.
OK for tonight CUL EV1 GB

neva

« Reply #24169 on: November 21, 2021, 03:05:15 AM »

Hi Joho ...   I read about your donations on the previous page here.  You mentioned many and it was a thoughtful thing to do.  Thanks.
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #24170 on: November 21, 2021, 05:16:57 AM »

Hi Neva, I see I did mention the names on here.  Forgot.  I was hoping there was a way to see what others said about their gifts.  I don't know how to do that, but I will try again.  Cant wait until the bill comes.  Will have to do some budgeting this month.  Santa may be affected. LOL early start today.  CUL GBEV1

calhound

« Reply #24171 on: November 21, 2021, 05:25:02 AM »

Ted and Stories about Him - UPDATE November 20, 2021
Ted
Ted
On Give to the Max Day, many of you were probably sleeping by the time Sharon got into stories of Ted at about 11 PM as shown in this 24-minute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwb8BbVp_cI Margeireland (moderator) pinned down the times of the stories: 16:30 for the cherry pit story, 20:40 for the Ted pond story, and 21:55 for the Ted wheelbarrow story.

More stories about Ted and his surgery were in the local Timberjay newspaper today at http://timberjay.com/stories/ted-the-bear-goes-to-the-dentist,18383

We are still reeling from your wonderful generosity on Give to the Max Day, helping the Bear Center, the bear enclosure, and the Wildlife Research Institute.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24172 on: November 21, 2021, 05:45:03 AM »

hi you guys it is 40 here 52 in the barn furnace was on and i got hit with a blast of warm too. no raccoonies but little possum and mom was here right at 6 pm i was running late trying to get pearl done and get all the food out for possums and raccoonies by 6 it was 5;45 when i got done whew just in time too. little possum was still eating crumbs at 3;34 am i saw it out my bathroom window so laid back down till 4;15 looked again and it was gone. let the dogs out then i checked the yard fence first i always do that with my spot light.  love the update.

Hi joho! you cant afford to get sick not worth it not worth a meal i hope debbie gets better. i was thinking for me and jim get a christmas dinner at like price choppers they have them for two jim can have most of mine pick it up christmas eve i am going to my niece jeannes then over to drop off stuff at cas but not staying nicole and ryan not vaccinated or their kids not spending any time with unvaccinated people. maybe you could get something like that i think you have to order so many days before. i am cooking for thanksgiving i have a turkey breast in the freezer it was for our boo boo sob he loved that. i will make my homemade rolls jim will eat a dozen of those right off the bat make my dressing for him i have stovetop just cornbread for me. and a can of cranberry sauce got to have that on top. i have a frozen pumpkin pie in the freezer too. make that for me and pearl dogs thanks again for bear donations in our names i gave but not a big amount i give a big amt at hunting time send it right to dr rogers at his cabin tell him to please use it for the hungry bears keep them safe from hunters. this year i could send more so i did cause of drought no food for bears terrible to be hungry.

Hi neva okay jmo  :) i like that wow it is alot cooler for you down to 74! i love your max story! yes i was thinking i would get another tree and do that if one of mine did that and they have before do it so the dog would not be in trouble.  well speaking of your dogs i believe today would of been Maddie Rose 18th birthday? She was the cutest puppy Neva

Happy Birthday to Maddie Rose

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E8055D57322F?z=0

calhound

« Reply #24173 on: November 21, 2021, 08:17:42 AM »

hi again joho got everyone fed litter boxes done pearl meds done on a very short break here but you know you can come here to eat on thanksgiving but why you would want to with this herd is beyond me!  :)

johoward

« Reply #24174 on: November 21, 2021, 11:02:19 AM »

Just the invite is very fulfilling Cal. Thanks.  Debbie and I will do something.  Maybe she will cook still not sure.  If not Sugarcreek Restaurant has been mentioned.  Either would suit me fine.
Did not do puzzle yet.  So will see you all later.  After lunch of some kind.
By for now GB

calihoula

« Reply #24175 on: November 21, 2021, 01:26:49 PM »

hi joho that sounds good sugar creek i still wont go inside a place to eat get it thru drive thru but that is what i always do chili cookoff on our local news was to buy a wheelchair van they got enough to get it  :)

i moved that dog away from the horse in 4:04 not a good mix there to me.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #24176 on: November 21, 2021, 01:30:35 PM »

joho and neva chiefs play 3:25 here arrowhead dallas neva  :)

neva

« Reply #24177 on: November 21, 2021, 03:32:39 PM »

Dog and horse ...  23:17 .....         74° and hazy... 3% chance of rain  ... (no, I don't think so.  97% chance it won't)

That was so great, Cal ... scrolling down and seeing Maddie Rose.  I sure miss her.  Yes, it's her birthday.  She had three sisters, but I watched her playing for a while, and besides, I loved all her Merle markings, so I chose her.

I used to make three big dinners a year, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas with anywhere from 18 to 22 showing up at each, but no crowds now and I leave it up to Michelle and her daughter, Bella.  These days, a good restaurant or pre-cooked and ordered dinner would do me as well.  Still, I can see the beauty of a homemade, family dinner, and I'm glad that my granddaughter wants that too.  These days I think we need things that bring us together in a good way.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:37:40 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #24178 on: November 21, 2021, 04:23:57 PM »

7:12 finally.   love that jack russel.
Did find Browns game.  Yay they won.  Now seeing Patrick doing very good against a very tough team from Dallas.  Hope they can hang on until the end.  It is a very rough game.  Go Chiefs.
Cold and rainy today into tommorow.
 Hi BY EV1 GB

calhound

« Reply #24179 on: November 22, 2021, 05:18:40 AM »

Ted Doing Better, Dexter Gone, and a Mistake - UPDATE November 21, 2021
Dexter walking onto scale - 11/13/21This nice 7-minute music video by Pooch Pal shows Sharon and Carolyn giving Ted food, medicine, and love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12q8_vV0atc Good to see Ted getting back to normal.

Last night, the link was incomplete on the Timberjay article, (now fixed) the numbers failed to carry over. Here is the correct newspaper link: http://timberjay.com/stories/ted-the-bear-goes-to-the-dentist,18383 about Ted’s surgery trip.

We are convinced Dexter has gone to hibernate. On November 14, he left at 11:30 PM in a different direction than he had been leaving, and he hasn’t been seen since. The picture of him walking onto the scale the night before (11-13-2021) shows this yearling with a good coat and weight (201 pounds) and more than prepared for winter. We’re hoping to see him early in spring and maybe learn how much weight he lost overwinter.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center