Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 708716 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23580 on: June 26, 2021, 06:27:28 AM »

hi you guys its 70 just stopped raining but i had lots of pellets down in the barn so no more flooding in there puffed out pellets instead. 3 raccoonies 4 babies had a sack full of treats and dog food. phoebe is so cute

hi joho. thanks for chicken breast info did i mention liz died on last week show. yep gone she is gone. i guess the bear at snows was a nice bear all calm. griz in here with me i have to hurry get outta of here. oh homemade bread and honey butter yum soon you will be up with dr rogers and the bears you will have so much fun too. stay for a few days maybe.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/37055D53C9D2?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23581 on: June 26, 2021, 09:01:47 AM »

6;29   ok no more liz I guess. They have good writers.  So I can't wait to see what twists they come up with for Red.
 Babies all good this morning. Norths are across the pasture in a dead tree.  Little TV babies are trying out their outsized wings and hopping about in the hay.  So cute.  Ted and his friends are agitated by Tahsa wanting to get into her Haven, but gate is closed.  Little woodchuck is nibbling a lot of grass.
 great visit with Susie last night.  They are quite a family.  My brother would be so proud of her.  Susie is a retired professor, and both her girl and her son are registered engineers as was my brother, Bruce, Susie's dad. The two dogs were very well behaved and slept on their blanket during the whole three hour visit. They are well trained and obedient.  Susie takes them everywhere with her.  They go to a lot of dog trials up and down the East coast and to Ohio.  They are also often visiting shut-ins as therapy dogs. They are brother and sister.  Very much alike in disposition. Conner and Susie got rained out at Cedar Point.  Megan got soaked hiking in the Cuyahoga National Park.  So I helped them dry out and warm up for a comfy visit over some KFC.  One little drumstick was all that was left over.  LOL I was  glad to have it for a bedtime snack. 
Well I better get moving here. Shannon is supposed to come get her mattress today and I have not tied to turn my phone on yet to make a plan. GTG  GB

calihoula

« Reply #23582 on: June 26, 2021, 09:50:16 AM »

hi joho did you give susie bruces flag? her dogs sounds amazing what kind of dogs are they nice to have siblings had the boys brothers scootie augie and griz now the girls sisters penny brownie. but i cant take them anywhere! they need therapy not give it! but i loves my posse love all my kids. tv babies getting black color on those wings they have a nice home safe dry good parents. i cant wait for season nine with red either. gb
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #23583 on: June 26, 2021, 01:22:34 PM »

one of the tv babies up on a bale of hay other walking around sounds windy hope they stay away from that open door getting lots of black on them getting so big soon soaring the skies riding that wind so beautiful is the tv
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #23584 on: June 26, 2021, 06:02:09 PM »

Yes, I sent it to her shortly after I got it.  Her dogs are a tall, black and brown, mixed breed.  I think mostly Labrador retriever, because they are hard to get out of the lake.  They love the water.  Susie is a good trainer.  She is definitely the Alpha member, but she has trained them with praise, love and patience.
 Funny how the TV black goes away when they fold those enormous wings.
Ted getting lots and lots of attention and treats from the interns. They all seem very comfortable around him.  I remember seeing him whip around and go after Lucky once, and Heidi twice for being behind him unannounced.  Both times it happened Heidi had to jump the fence.  Was a little funny to me, but not to her probably.
Feels good you are getting around a little better and the Spring babies are all doing well. 
I am better too.  I can already skip the elevator for the stairs at my second floor rehab joint.  Only this last time though was the first time.  I will do it all the time from now on.  Everywhere else I go seems to have no stairs.
Three bear chatters are going to be at the bear center soon.  I think next week.  I am going there too as soon as I can. Will start thinking about a date soon.
  GTG Bye for now GB

calhound

« Reply #23585 on: June 27, 2021, 06:17:50 AM »

hi you guys its 64 and i saw the moon it was cloudy but saw the moon calling for more rain storms later today boo to that.

oh griz he was in here gave him a raw chew and cali he gobbled up his i sent him out the door but is now outside my door barking and barking.

hi joho baby tv getting more black now without spreading the wings yesterday the one was clumping hopping around losing balance some walks like me now the girls in my room howling take a camera or use your smart phone when you go to the bear place jim screaming at the dogs from his precious bathtub be back in a minute okay geez i wish i had my own place

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1D055D558C2A?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23586 on: June 27, 2021, 09:17:46 AM »

6:46   83 already here.  Gonna be a hot one.  Shannon coming at noon for mattress with her dad.  She will like it.  It is very nice and for a lighter person should work fine.  She is lighter by far.  Gonna look at babies now.  Been reading Sunday paper with all the sales adds.  It is what I do.  I see two bear chatters getting close to their visit times.  One is at the bears on July 14th.  The other I don't know, but soon.
CUL EV1 GB

calhound

« Reply #23587 on: June 28, 2021, 05:41:50 AM »

Lily - UPDATE June 27, 2021
Lily
Lily

Lily was seen again yesterday and this morning. The rubbed hair on her sides is a sign of mating. I recently sent in the report about Spanky this past winter. I very much hope the DNR allows us to radio-track her to a den this fall and give her a den cam so we can all learn together as before. I’ll be sending the application for the permit in soon.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23588 on: June 28, 2021, 05:46:26 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here two raccoonies i hope the DNR does not let dr rogers put a radio collar back on lily or any other bear if that is what he meant. june lost her life her cause of that collar dr rogers you forget that? watching spanky was fun and just fine really.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BF055D519ACF?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23589 on: June 28, 2021, 07:16:47 AM »

6+ igloo.  Lost my message and puzzle after typing.  Went to check babies, and msg. was gone when I got back.  Babies all good. bears all still incognito . Nice day again here 76 degrees and cloudy. Well GTG.  CUL  GB

calhound

« Reply #23590 on: June 29, 2021, 05:16:48 AM »

Lily, Monarchs, Berries, and Sudden Openings in the Courses - UPDATE June 28, 2021
Lily
Lily

The day started with a quick drive to see calm Lily. Nice.

Then, a stop home where Donna said she is seeing more Monarchs than she can ever remember. Her milkweed plants are crawling with them.

Monarch caterpillars
Monarch caterpillars
Monarch
Monarch
In the woods, blueberries are a bust and juneberries are very spotty, which explains why we are seeing more bears than usual.Juneberries
Juneberries

Suddenly, we have space for up to three participants in the first Black Bear Field Study Course (July 5-8) that starts in a week. If anyone can make arrangements on such short notice, email Judy Thon at [email protected].

Also, there is one opening in each of the last two courses (August 16-19 and August 23-26) because of travel restrictions from Australia. For more information, check with Judy.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23591 on: June 29, 2021, 05:21:18 AM »

hi you guys its 68 and been raining jim said he saw one raccoonie my ankle is swollen huge very painful to put any weight on it i turned it in the barn a few days ago got to take jim to the hospital this morning he finally getting his port taken out i will have my scooter

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/43055D53D264?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23592 on: June 29, 2021, 08:30:15 AM »

:44 Must have been an easy one for me to get this quick of a time.
77 degrees and full sun here at only 9:25.  Will be a hot one I think.
Rehab coming up at 11am.  Then see surgeon tomorrow.
Back still hurts in the morning.  I don't think airbed is hard enough. Sleeping better with less leg pain though.
Sounds bad Cal for your foot to swell so much at this time.
Good to hear Jim is doing better.
All the babies are good this morning., and getting big.  A visiting juvie eagle was on North cam preening in the dead tree across the stream. GTG CUL GB

johoward

« Reply #23593 on: June 29, 2021, 08:52:21 AM »

4:44

johoward

« Reply #23594 on: June 29, 2021, 01:23:48 PM »

Look at GSB Falcon Cam for sweetest little falcon face