Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 622790 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23520 on: June 12, 2021, 12:03:34 PM »

hi joho cant wear my shoe foot pretty swollen little toe swollen sore from six weeks of wearing that splint so will take awhile just wearing socks on my one foot swelling will someday go away boot just a huge pain goodbye boot you did great on the puzzle and you are doing good too on your knee how many different cheeses at grandpas? jim justin and now jim said heffer helping justin ? his ex girlfriend. justin took half the hay money yesterday sold all that hay too good cause i wanted him to take half hard hot work jim runs tractor with baler justin mowing raking got the tractors going scout and his family flying over them watching. storm yesterday saw it heading for baby tvs on cam marshall but that barn held up  :) they are to the east of me. jim bales goes on ac call justin went with him on a couple. we might get all the money back for the baler still lots to mow cool we have all this land wish i was young and get around good again have some horses again  wish my sister susie and my mom was back give them a horse and ride with them again.

hi lupe that cat still in my barn so looks like im going to have to make friends with it hope its a male trap it get it fixed bring it in i do not want a cat or snake in my barn. 
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #23521 on: June 13, 2021, 05:56:13 AM »

Lily is Back! - UPDATE June 12, 2021
Lily
The call I’ve been waiting for came in—a bear that looks like Lily. It was! She is her same old self. She ignores me completely. But she knows its me. I can approach her without her looking up. I can touch her without her flinching. It felt good to see her and know she survived to be 14 years old despite the efforts of some to shoot her as a trophy. She is not lactating, although this is her year to have cubs. I can’t explain it. I never can. Sometimes that just happens and they have cubs the next year. That might be special. If we get a DNR permit to track her to a den and have a den cam, we will almost certainly see her have cubs.

When I get my current task done, my next effort will be to write a report about Spanky and file a request to the DNR to be granted a permit to use radio collars, track bears to dens, and put den cams in the dens that have the most scientific value. Another year of Lily with cubs would be at the top of the list to compare with her previous 4 years (2010-2013) when she was 3-6 years old. There are other bears that will accept radio collars that I’d also like to watch. I’m feeling hopeful.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23522 on: June 13, 2021, 05:57:53 AM »

hi you guys have to go over all these ac stuff with jim do my paperwork today and order online groceries now so can pick up later today yay lily is back

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/D7055D5AB8C7?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23523 on: June 14, 2021, 06:36:05 AM »

Sharon’s Bear News, Valentine, and Chloe - UPDATE June 13, 2021
Out the window, Valentine provided an excellent opportunity for an ID picture, showing her blaze plus the little line of white hairs above it that has shown up in her pictures since she was a cub. ValentineShe was totally relaxed and on her own with a patch of hair rubbed off each flank.

ChloeThen she was alert and tense. Chloe was here with her sons Charlie Brown and Lincoln. Five-year-old Valentine, half again the size of 3-year-old Chloe, didn’t want to be in trouble with a mother, so she ran. Chloe lunged in Valentine’s direction and slapped the ground but didn’t pursue her. Chloe’s cubs were safe, having climbed a white pine at the first expulsion of air by their mother. Then Chloe was just as calm as Valentine was before Chloe arrived, and Chloe’s cubs Charlie Brown and Lincoln came down from their tree. Each of these bears ignores a person in this safe area.

Shortly, though, with the arrival of a couple yearlings, Chloe and her cubs all went up a white pine. The pictures of Lincoln on a branch shows that even though he generally looks black, he can look quite brown in bright sunlight. He yawned, put his head down and closed his eyes. Charlie Brown was doing the same on another branch. Chloe was hard to see through the branches.

Lincoln   Lincoln   Charlie Brown

I like every interaction I see. Each gives a little insight into their minds.

It’s been a big week at the Bear Center with the bears, Chucky, Chewy, and more. Sharon tells about it with pictures here:

Weekly Bear News

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23524 on: June 14, 2021, 06:39:30 AM »

hi you guys it 69 here but not humid yet. good pics in the update. 6 raccoonies in the barn and that cat...

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FD055D4F780D?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23525 on: June 14, 2021, 07:59:00 AM »

5:05 on cannon Thanks Cal 69 degrees here too.  Pretty nice.  Still can't ride my bike, and back is really sore.  Coffeee waiting so cul Love that update so many nice photos and ID information.  Babies all over doing good this nice cool morning. GB

calihoula

« Reply #23526 on: June 14, 2021, 06:01:17 PM »

i shot the cannon off in 2:41

hi joho well hot and humid here today i mowed the dogs yards this morning had my boot on done for the day my foot swollen now but not as bad as before my knee hurt me before all this foot pain my knee is bothering me again dr gause does knees too so thinking i go back in 6 weeks call have him look at my knee when i go back. it maybe something not huge to fix. sorry your back hurts how is your knee?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #23527 on: June 14, 2021, 07:49:27 PM »

knee right now hurts a lot  must have kept it bent too long or something.  got it up and straight on top of another chair. feels a little better. will have trouble sleeping again.  no good position works.  did a little fishing today at a beautiful place called Wallace Lake in Berea OH because it was so nice.  no catching, just fishing, but very nice to be out walking and getting around a little. Ate too much today.  Red seedless grapes for only 99cents a pound and blueberries two pints for 5dollars plus strawberries from yesterday  Plus Mary's bannana bread and now Rita sends a Strawberry Patch coffee cake to die for.  I tell you I am stuffed.  Knee is swollen. Got to go put ice on it. CUL  GB

calhound

« Reply #23528 on: June 15, 2021, 06:21:17 AM »

hi you guys its 65 here 3 raccoonies in the barn and that cat.

hi joho laughing at you are stuff but all that stuff sound pretty good i got my shoe on right now but this time i am on my scooter using walker then will take it off put cruddy boot back on to mow some more. does ice help your knee at all? griz is barking and barking already fed them but he wants to be with me my office is small full of file cabinet and two desks printer computer tower under the desk he is like a bull in here knocking stuff down i need to get

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/98055D5BA4C0?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23529 on: June 15, 2021, 09:22:21 AM »

Hi ev1 
5:11 on hamburger/kebab?.   ice does help swelling and pain.  Helps me get to sleep.  Must have slept wrong all night.  Back is killing me, and now left ankle feels like it is sprained.  I put on elastic ankle support for a few days, and it will go away.  I think it is gout related.  Been doing this for 20 years on and off.
Very nice day here today. 68 degrees partly sunny. Think I will be going out to take bike in for tune-up while I can't ride .  Also pick up jacket repaired at dry cleaner.  Been there for a while.  I keep forgetting to go get it, because it is too warm to think about a coat. LOL
Babies all doing well this morning so i will leave you and start my errands. Microsoft keeps putting up newsy screens i don't want.  Hetting fed up with it.  Will go back to using Google Chrome instead of edge to browse.
CUL GB

calihoula

« Reply #23530 on: June 15, 2021, 12:44:44 PM »

hi joho i went out earlier shoe still on hurts but if i take it off wont be able to get it back on i cut down a forest around our outside ac unit and outside my window unit in my room and generator i tell jim dont yell at customers for that cause i always do that got behind cause of foot surgery and tons of rain. a bird nest next to my window unit so i left it did not cut all stuff around it. jim got home had money from lady for her new ac unit so i had other checks ready told sister im going to town to the bank she got up slow heading downstairs i got my laundry room cats put up dogs in my room went to the bathroom got my purse still no sister so i left not waiting for her to smoke sit in the bathroom get her fanny pack strapped around her just left. went to the sonic got jim justin sister ice tea oh my foot got home jim said should of seen sister running out the front door trying to catch me  :) i whisper oh well he said yes he knows all too well. i just asked him if he finally got his stuff out of the dryer yes then he went and got it. i cant walk without a cane walker cant carry his big heavy clothes and he is not doing anything. i dont like edge use google chrome they were putting up junk in bottom right corner of chrome so i googled how to stop that i may still have that up on top tool bar very annoying. my cousin johnny had gout he really suffered with that.

hi rues! what are you guys working on? is crows feeling better? when i cleared out tons that forest big part of it our friend poison ivy i really scrubbed my hands face neck then put calamine. lotion all me. threw that big pile over the dogs fence so they would not get in it.

ruesgram

« Reply #23531 on: June 15, 2021, 02:44:54 PM »

Hi Cal! Just got online and read that Liz is leaving the Blacklist after this season's last episode! And this week's episode is on at 10pm tomorrow night! I had no idea she would be leaving but then how would they make everything go back to normal after all the stuff she has done! Crow's feet still hurt but some how he hobbled around today as we power washed Robin's house. Now he is relaxing in his recliner with his feet up. So happy that Polly is getting health insurance! That's a big relief. Sis's pup Hattie got spayed today. I can't believe she is already 6 months old! She weighs 45lb's now. She follows my sis everywhere. Yesterday sis tripped over her, hit the basement door and hurt her shoulder. She had to go to the chiropractor after she dropped Hattie off at the vets office this morning!

Bbl!

calhound

« Reply #23532 on: June 16, 2021, 06:07:09 AM »

hi you guys its 73 here 71 in the barn 3 raccoonies and jim got see the first baby show up! so darn cute i told him before the moms are sometimes pretty hateful with them he said she was he told her better stop that. every one got a few fancy cakes and their puppy chow.

hi rues! i just saw on the bottom of my tv earlier saying boone was leaving blacklist after this last show!  :) your right how could they undo all her stuff cant say it was a dream. so excited for this fridays show. maybe she finally realized red is not the bad guy maybe her real dad or something but then townsend gets her.  red gets her daughter who knows be exciting to see what happens! and another season of blacklist! According to What's on Netflix, seasons of the "The Blacklist" typically arrive on Netflix in September, a few months after they end their broadcast run. Season 8 will probably arrive in September 2021, and Season 9 in September 2022.May 3, 2021 yay crow is better! i know those big dogs you have to watch out for them i have been sent across the room more than once. good hattie is done with getting fixed.

hi joho! hope you are doing okay my foot was pretty swollen last night but it is better after being off and icing it all night crammed my foot back in my shoe. going to try to see my friend dee today before her kids move her.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/12055D55A7D2?z=0
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 06:10:08 AM by calhound »

johoward

« Reply #23533 on: June 16, 2021, 08:29:39 AM »

4:45 not too bad.  Rehab soon so cul GB

calhound

« Reply #23534 on: June 17, 2021, 05:45:27 AM »

Spanky, Valentine and RC - UPDATE June 16, 2021
Spanky stopped by the WRI this morning and sniffed and licked a dropping for seven minutes. Spanky
Spanky
Then he was interested in Valentine who ran away from him. Her flanks are rubbed bare from mating that probably began a month ago on May 14 with a male we still have not identified.

Valentine with bare flanks
Valentine with bare flanks
This evening, Spanky was back. The picture tells the story. It is 6-year-old Spanky and 22-year-old RC. We don’t completely understand the dynamics. Still learning.