Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 627574 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23490 on: June 07, 2021, 05:07:19 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23491 on: June 07, 2021, 11:26:14 AM »

7:00 minutes even. Starting to think about going out and about again.  Still worried about getting sick in any way.  Will wear mask most of the time.
 Funeral coming up on Thursday for one of Joan's youngest cousins.  Only 66.  Just retired recently and bought a huge place in Florida.  What a shame.  He was a veteran of the navy.  I think I will go to outside military service with a mask and skip the hall reception.  I will use a walker with wheels and a seat.

calihoula

« Reply #23492 on: June 07, 2021, 12:31:26 PM »

hi joho what a shame on joans cousin what did he die off? military funerals pretty sad all funerals are but my dads and grandpas so sad when they played the taps i lost it gave me my dads flag  :( you should be good outside i drove to walmart pick up groceries i had my mask on but the girl who loaded up my stuff no mask walmart no longer requires them unless you for some crazy reason  did not get vaccinated. missy did not get it or her daughter that lives with her she is 16 missys had two or three covid test sure she had it but did not she was really sick in the hospital for a week but still will not get it really she likes to be sick  ???

3:41
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 12:38:12 PM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

lupinelady

« Reply #23493 on: June 07, 2021, 02:10:50 PM »

Hi all- i've spent the last 8 or 9 days watching and listening to lots of tennis. Only one American left- Coco Gauff. Rafa and Novak still in it too. Several days i listened from 4 AM to 4 PM.  It was good training for Wimbledon and the Olympics. lol  I have the afternoon off andit's too hot and stinky to go out to do stuff.  They've been hauling pit by here- yucky!

johoward- sounds like you are doing great. I'm proud of you.

cal- you too are doing great. I see my Missouri primrose is blooming this morning. It's been so dry but that plant is tough.

We just had visitors and Izzy got up as they sat down- she went upstairs to sleep. lol Apparently she is in an antisocial mood.
Have a good dau all!!

calihoula

« Reply #23494 on: June 07, 2021, 05:39:25 PM »

hi lupe! just got my chores done hot here too. jim getting lots of ac calls i had lots of office work to do today well i enjoyed watching tennis got that one channel but today no more  :( rats looks like free bee is over so i checked my lap top here and there saw rafa won  :) yay coco still in there! izzy not in the mood for company guess now she can go upstairs sad smokey not up there. is he okay and spitty cool us recovered millions paid in pipeline ransom. norahs dress is really pretty i really like it alz new drug wouldnt it be so great if it really worked great! help dee for one.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

ruesgram

« Reply #23495 on: June 07, 2021, 08:39:41 PM »

Hi Jewelies! Robin called me and talked for 2 hours. I came back here to finish a post and it was gone! So, I'll try to remember what all I said!   Last week my older sister adopted a new kitty from the Humane Society. She named him Dubber after her kitty she had when they lived in AZ. Dubber is solid black with a small white blaze on his chest. Earlier in the week, my younger sis's 18 year old buff colored Persian, Leo, passed away. So we were happy and sad last week.

Cal, I'm so sorry to hear about the fire at Susie's place. Hope the guy goes to jail and has to pay for the damage! How did the fire start, do they know?  Glad that Pearl is ok! And hope your foot is healing! We had plans this week to power wash Robin's house and trim the neighbor's trees off Robin's garage roof  but Crow's heels started cracking again. He can barely walk now. It usually takes a week for them to heal up.   Our governor started a get your vaccine lottery. It's called "Do it for Babydog", his English bulldog. Any West Virginian that has been vaccinated can enter the lottery. There will be weekly drawings for rifles and shotguns, four year college scholarships, customized Ford F-150 trucks, weekend getaways at state parks and the grand prize will be $1 million dollars and runner up will get $588,000! I sure would like to win the money! Can't win if we don't register so we better get on the ball! I do wonder where he is getting all this money though.  I can't wait to see  Blacklist's next episode!  Crow watched Saturday's horse race and mentioned how pretty the grey horse was! I was doing laundry and missed the race!

Jo, glad you are home and doing well! I don't think Crow could have ridden a bike that soon after surgery. Robin was in your state over the weekend. She went to a Dave Chappell show in a cornfield near Dayton Saturday night. It was her first outing since COVID struck last year. She said it felt so good to be out. She said the cicadas were very loud!

Lupe, my primrose are blooming now. I used to have the pink Missouri primrose but it died out. Somehow I now have yellow primrose! I don't know where they came from!

I stopped wearing my mask last week. It was scary at first but now it feels normal without it. I still  have a couple masks in my purse just in case it is required or if for some reason I feel uneasy. We still haven't eaten inside a restaurant. Baby steps!

calhound

« Reply #23496 on: June 08, 2021, 05:59:51 AM »

hi you guys it is 70 here muggy out now i have to go pick up rest of groceries at other walmart and go to the bank and get gas. jim doing another big ac i got lots of paper work to do.

hi rues! i sure do wish you guys would win that big money too!! wow lots of prizes i wonder too where the money comes from. sister called me yesterday again i found some time to call her back nancy who lives next to her is taking her next month to get affordable health care she needs to take her ss letter saying she was approved and how much she is getting. so that is a big help to me. sorry about the kitty but good gave another a home. yay robin got to go somewhere! we have no cicadas here i remember at the old house tons of them and they got in the pond i spent hours with a big net saving them only so long to live i wanted them to have that. brett reid coach reids son who was drinking and hit that car that hurt that little girl went to court to ask to drive again and he gets too but has to have his car equip with a breath deal jim said her parents are to blame too for that snowing day and the one ran out of gas other came to put gas in the car on a busy ramp real busy ramp stupid put gas in your gas in your car and dont drink a few and drive either. yes feels creepy to not wear a mask but yet kinda okay when i go see the dr have to wear one hospital still wearing one. i hope i get free and can walk thursday!! i know blacklist so exciting! red better not get hurt!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/97055D59A659?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23497 on: June 08, 2021, 09:06:12 AM »

Hi ev1,
Was at Drugmart with mask.  Saw several people in a line for vac. Most said they were there to get into lottery.  Nothing like a little financial incentive to do the healthy thing.  Those politicians really know how to get-r-done. 
Even went fishing for a little bit.  Was not too bad walking to the dock. Much better than in the past.  They say that God does not subtract time spent fishing from your allotment on earth.  I will go again soon, and take more than one slice of bread for bait.
Tomorrow I start outpatient PT.  I am told it will hurt.  I don't care.  I will do anything to get back my ability to get around on stairs and hillsides.  Hard to sleep last night due to pain.  Finally took one 500 mg Tylenol PM at midnight, and did not wake until after 8am.  Usually been up much earlier than that.
Rained yesterday and last night, but not a lot.  Just settled the dust.  Today looks like a very nice day.  I will go out somewhere.  Not sure where yet, but probably post office for sure.
5:33 on puzzle btw
Looks like some eagle fledging going on soon.  Poor little GSB falcon still hanging on despite new mom not good at feeding it. TV doing good.  Soon will be thumping around the loft.  Saw a bear when I turned on Snowman cam.  It acted as if someone was approaching and ran off into the woods straight away from the camera and then across to the left..  I could watch his progress for quite a long distance.  He never stopped running.
 Well time to get moving.  So I will see you all later.  GB

calihoula

« Reply #23498 on: June 08, 2021, 03:34:53 PM »

hi joho tv sleeping no parent their hay needs to be cleaned take it out like i just took out pearls old hay i never watch mom decorah and her bf this time just tvs and sparky the bear some ted and them but mostly sparky and now tvs. yes they are doing so good. good parents if gsb falcon not feeding baby well that is so sad i sure could not watch that cam at all. makes me want to help but i cant. :(  cool you saw a bear at snows place! i wish porkie was back

johoward

« Reply #23499 on: June 09, 2021, 06:16:54 AM »

Bear is called wrecking ball at Snowman cam right now.  What a mess. LOL

calhound

« Reply #23500 on: June 09, 2021, 06:26:21 AM »

Daily Updates
Chloe, Lucy, and Families - UPDATE June 8, 2021 
08 June 2021
 Print Email
Lucy and 2 male cubs
Lucy and 2 male cubs
Chloes 2 male cubs
Chloes 2 male cubs

Chloe came by with her two male cubs that were showing brotherly love while we continue to debate names for them.

Then I tried hard to make the light-faced mother nursing her cubs be Lily, but she is too small and cannot be 14-year-old Lily. It’s 5-year-old Lucy, daughter of Samantha, granddaughter of Braveheart, great granddaughter of Blackheart, and great great granddaughter of Shadow. The sun actually is highlighting the very small clump of white hairs on her chest that make her absolutely Lucy. I’m glad to see sweet Lucy, but I’m still looking hard for Lily.

Lucy and Chloe are both good bears that I look forward to seeing all summer.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23501 on: June 09, 2021, 06:29:24 AM »

hi joho i went to snows and i saw the bear a little bear. lol yes table knocked over bird feeders down wrecking ball hope no one will be mean to it. took a print screen of it..

johoward

« Reply #23502 on: June 09, 2021, 06:31:00 AM »

Bear, I am calling "wrecking ball",
 just wandered off to right.  Acting a little skittish. Then gone. Even knocked mother goose over.  Only thing not destroyed is big thermometer.  Snowman flat on his face under upturned table.

Bye now gb

calhound

« Reply #23503 on: June 09, 2021, 06:32:25 AM »

calhound

« Reply #23504 on: June 09, 2021, 06:35:16 AM »

lol i see bear is gone run bear run!! snows under the table lol goose on her side lol american flag still up and yes thermometer