Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 619608 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23535 on: June 17, 2021, 05:51:55 AM »

hi you guys it is 80 here  :( 100 today and more with heat index i hate summer

hi rues wow wee on blacklist last night and i thought that it was the season finale looks like next wed is. i think. we had big bangs of thunder about and hour ago some rain.

hi joho 4 raccoonies and one little bitty baby it makes like a cooing noise almost like a bird.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0D055D4C3203?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23536 on: June 17, 2021, 08:26:44 AM »

5:59 booth 66 and sunny here.  Back and legs killing me again. Can hardly stsand.  Too much rehab and I think bad mattress.  gtg GB

calhound

« Reply #23537 on: June 18, 2021, 05:52:37 AM »

RC and Spanky- UPDATE June 17, 2021
I forgot to include the Spanky and RC picture last night. To fill the story in a bit, Spanky arrived here with RC last evening but didn’t stick close to her at first. He took a bath, sniffed the scat shown in the picture last night and checked out Valentine who we believe was done with mating. She ran off. Spanky and RC
Spanky and RC
Then Spanky approached Lucy and her cubs but never got close. 5-year-od Lucy chased 6-year-old Spanky away with vigor. Persistant as Spanky often is, he came back to get chased off by Lucy again. Shortly, word came that he was mounting RC as is shown in the picture I finally included tonight. They left together. Later, people who recognize both these bears called in from a half mile away saying they saw RC slap him hard. They didn’t know what happened after that.

At 5 AM this morning, they passed through here together, hardly pausing for a bite to eat. No mounting. At about 6:15 this evening, RC was back here alone, calm, and hungry. That’s all we know. We’ll see if RC has cubs next year and if they look anything like Spanky.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23538 on: June 18, 2021, 05:58:56 AM »

hi you guys its 80 here up to almost 100 again heat index will be 105 under heat advisory again 73 in the barn 3 raccoonies 5 babies i took out puppy chow this morning thinking be lots of babies spanky maybe you should of bought rc dinner first.

hi joho i did not feel good yesterday had a migraine and gut kinda hurt so hot i took care of animals laid back down all day my sister stayed in bed too. also i had ran over my good foot few time with my scooter and yesterday it was hurting really bad no shoe on it still hurts so this morning went to the barn in socks no shoes at all. need stuff at the store guess wear socks. rehab is awful.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/52055D50803F?z=0

calhound

« Reply #23539 on: June 18, 2021, 06:00:29 AM »

i forgot hi lupe i saw on the news earlier wimpleton naomi will not be there and no rafa  :( also he will not be at the olympics said letting his body rest naomi will be at the olympics.

calihoula

« Reply #23540 on: June 18, 2021, 10:16:38 AM »

joho i got back from store did chores went to tv cam where are they?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #23541 on: June 18, 2021, 05:25:16 PM »

its so hot here 100 heat index 106  :( :( :(

joho babies are back in view gotta be hot for them  :( :( :( i googled ely mn weather its 74 low 44 sun high 62 low 40 mon high 56 low 40  :) :) :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

ruesgram

« Reply #23542 on: June 18, 2021, 06:39:45 PM »

Hi Cal! I was reading again on Google about the Blacklist. Some are speculating that Red is actually Liz's mom, Katarina! I don't know about that! Hopefully we'll find out next Wednesday. I babysat Hattie and Madison yesterday so sis could go back to the chiropractor for her neck and shoulder. I had to make sure Hattie didn't chew on her tummy incision or her back legs. Sis had Hattie's back dew claws removed because they stuck out so far. I sat on the couch and watched tv while both dogs slept! Not a hard job at all. Hattie looks more and more like a collie. She's a pretty thing. I can't believe our weather. Yesterday morning we broke a 50 year record for the coldest morning temp of 43! Finally got up into the high 70's but geez it's the middle of June! Strong storms are coming this way from Indiana sometime overnight. May get 2 inches of rain. Hoping Father's Day is nice but I think there might be rain. Next week more cool temps. It's just weird being so chilly this time of year.  Sorry you had a migraine! I had one last Friday evening. It's been a while since I had one. This one came with vomiting. I don't know what brought it on. Hope you foot hurries up and gets better soon!

calhound

« Reply #23543 on: June 19, 2021, 06:08:09 AM »

hi you guys its 81 here another hot again need bear weather here for sure tv babies doing okay just checked on them

hi rues! me and sister watched blacklist again last night i think wherever lizs real mom is hiding where liz and her daughter will go liz aint going back to the task force if there is even a task force left i hate to know who red really is cause then the end of the blacklist. that liz just has to know everything. it got up to 90 yesterday afternoon in the barn jim had his gauges on that ac coil it was 107 i think just the sun beating down on that metal roof too much still it was not bad in front of the big fans pearl and sweets even the raccoons not panting or in distress this morning it was nice and cool in there at 73 if my foot was better i would drag out the hose and spray down the roof of the barn in late afternoon. i dont know what is wrong with it can hardly pull a sock on it. wish i had your temp i think my migraine was heat related i took some ibprofen already to ward any more off. wow vomiting you had a really bad one. hope they stay away from you. big babysitting job for you and you did good. hope your sister feels better. brownie has those awful duke claws totally useless. i have to keep them clip. and sometimes that is a big job. penny does not have them but she has those allergies so far knock on wood not came yet.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/6E055D4F8A2A?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23544 on: June 19, 2021, 08:32:15 AM »

5;37  had a lot of pain last two days.  Not all rehab related.  Think bad mattress.  Medium firm they say, but joan and I both had backache ever since we bought it.  Got to go soon.  Had no back ache when in rehab facilituy hospital bed.  So I think it is the mattress.  QVC gave me a credit and I think I will buy a Tommy Copper mattress from them today.  Just to try it.  I have to do something.  It has been killing me for months.  The only respite i have had in months was the two weeks when I was in rehab.  My outpatient rehab has been hard.  Getting stiffer and more sore each time.  Can hardly move the day after.

Those TV babies can walk all around the loft, cal.  If no-one tracks them with the camera we don't get to see them.  They usually come back to the straw corner at night though.  I love to hear them thumping across the floor.  They used to put a 4by4 across the door bottom after one fell out the door and had to be put back.

Glad to see the North and MN DNR eagles fledged before the blackflies got them.  The one GSB falcon chick is doing good too, finally.

Bears are doing good, but I don't get to see much of them.  Seems they are always cooped up or out of sight in the woods this year.  Very nice to watch the woody family though with her brave giant baby.  LOL

74degrees overcast, rain to stop, and clear for father's day.  Deb wants to go to a park near Lake Erie for a cookout.  I hope it works out for us.

calihoula

« Reply #23545 on: June 19, 2021, 08:58:37 AM »

hi joho i think you need a new mattress too i do too but such a pain getting one dogs telling me oh our back hurts mom hope you get your cook out tomorrow. thanks for tv info on board and someone went and put that one back  :) no let nature take its course just thought of it. good to hear juvies escape this time before black flies. still no dragon flies eggs brought in i guess. i did not follow them this time. great little falcon doing better you have such good news today.

hi rues i think ressler will go with liz too cant wait till wed last wed i stayed up to watch it

johoward

« Reply #23546 on: June 19, 2021, 08:38:01 PM »

Hey, when is Blacklist on tv.  I always miss it. With your help maybe I can see the next one.  I still like liz, because she is a good mother.  FYI

calhound

« Reply #23547 on: June 20, 2021, 05:56:07 AM »

hi joho they moved blacklist to wed at 9 my time central cause of the olympics on friday night right now so next wed is the season finale last week was so good been so good and this is lizs last season too fyi  :) tvs showing door but i dont see any board hope they will be okay

« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 06:04:46 AM by calhound »

calhound

« Reply #23548 on: June 20, 2021, 06:03:47 AM »

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/68055D553707?z=0

on that dog shame people leave the skunks alone dont trap them

no update dr rogers would say leave them skunks alone too

calihoula

« Reply #23549 on: June 20, 2021, 10:22:26 AM »

i got to ten in 2:55 listening to tap dancing at tvs barn storming here heading for tv barn should cool it off a little for them doubt they have ac.