Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602417 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23355 on: May 01, 2021, 11:11:12 AM »

hi joho i sure hope you dont have a crazy person doing your mri! yes wrong profession there made me remember i had two tube mris other one at my friends hospital she was pretty high up there too. this women was mean to me i was scared and if you ask to get out they have to stop get you out well she ran the test and left me in there i told her i need out now, had to ask three times getting upset she said hateful oh alright but before she opened the door said to me you better not kick me in the face you better open that door she did i went right to rachels office told her everything seems others had complained about her she was let go!  just find a happy place to go get it done so you can get a new knee go see the bears dr rogers go find dr rogers his wri is down the road from the bear center. all the things you can do with that mri knee! yes take flowers for all when i get to go i do last time i went was with cousin janice before she moved to texas both grandparents my brother my dad my dads lifelong best friend and his wife cousin janice ex parents cousin matts grandparents 45 sounds good suppose to be 80's here what is a midway oh boy? oh boy its vegan food?

hi rues i watched both blacklist liz killed annie >:( there goes my new show just the red and annie show from kansas saw second one i dont care if red is n13 i do not care she is more a n13 too bad annie didnt take her out instead. i did like her putting that bag over his head
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #23356 on: May 02, 2021, 06:26:50 AM »

hi you guys my foot still hurts pretty bad but today trying to go without pain med so i will not sleep jim said 3 raccoonies in the barn one my little girls she came up to him took her little debbie ran back in the hay he threw the other two and they got it.

hi joho i forgot when is your mri? i have been in my wheel chair most the time. did a little scooter yesterday but back to the chair and watching out for penny jim tells me use the cane on her this morning she was determine to get in my lap and he chased her around and around the kitchen with the broom. lol poor penny poor me

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AC055D51955A?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

lupinelady

« Reply #23357 on: May 02, 2021, 06:43:01 AM »

Good morning all- cal- good to hear from you. Maybe it would be good to take smaller doses of pain pills- i understand not wanting to sleep a lot but you have a lot of healing to do and sleep is so important. Give your body the care it needs.  Penny can't understand what happened to you- poor girl ( both of you).

Pretty morning here- 60 and dry. We've been in a dry pattern since the first week of April. Breakfast pizza on the menu this morning then a ride somewhere. Our new (old) jimmy has a sun roof. We really like it open on the back roads. Hubby is pretty sure it will fail just before it rains while we're far from home. Maybe i should put an umbrella in jimmy. lol

cul

johoward

« Reply #23358 on: May 02, 2021, 07:47:24 AM »

Hi EV1,
5:38 on the train car caboose.
 Cal sounds like you are just a teeny bit more normal this morning.  Try to stay ahead of your pain.  Like they say don't wait until it is unbearable, because then it is too late for the meds to work.  Why is rest and sleep so bad?  It is what your cells need to rejuvenate and heal.
  I will do MRI/CT on May 10th at 1:40PM, and I am no longer worried about it.  I will take Valium and it will be fine.  Will definitely need a driver for afterwards.  I will be dopy.  Even more than usual. LOL
Debbie is doing my wash today.  I have a dryer, but no washer.  They are hard to find these days.
 We, Debbie, Boss, Mary, Nick, Odin and I, visited Shannon and her dog Abby yesterday instead of doing laundry.  Mostly we were in the in the fenced backyard where dogs and kids could run around.  It was very nice until a friend came in with her border collie type dog and Boss beat her up.  Not the friend, the dog.  Boss just does not like all dogs.  He does like Abby and his neighbor dogs, but strange dogs seem to irritate him.  He is very playful and rough, but it may not be all his fault.  I did not see what started the fight, but I know Boss ended it.  No major injuries were noticed.
 I had to leave soon after, because I was not dressed warm enough, and the wind off nearby Lake Erie was too cold for comfort.
 Got a nice pizza on the way home for supper and watched the good Kentucky Derby.  Good for Baffert.
Sounds like Lupine has a good plan for today.  Should be nice here too.  It is 66 already, and going to 81 they say.  I will get out somewhere.  Probably a park with my bike.  Maybe go to a pond or the lake too.  Not sure yet.
Well that should be enough news for now I hope.
Saw eagles have a nice breakfast.  One took a huge final chunk including the tail fins and all and choked it down after a few attempts to swallow it.
 No bears yet.  Lots of black and grey squirrels at Snow.  Vulture and falcon solidly on eggs doing their spring duty.
Hope all are well this nice Sunday.  God Bless

calhound

« Reply #23359 on: May 02, 2021, 07:47:33 AM »

hi lupe! i am filing for jims unemployment as ford is laid off for the month of may. i have not taken any pain pills yet jim got me to the barn took me out in the wheel chair got my scooter on the sidewalk and i got it in the barn. saw my little raccoonie too good i had my bag my treats pearl talking to me sweets all happy. oh might take a half of pain pill sure is sore did smokey do okay in the house? i got a moon roof on old smokie and all these years i thought it would leak someday but so far nope. pizza sounds good cheese green pepper i cant wait till i can get this boot off my foot. what a big day that will be. at least tomorrow morning it will be off for awhile changing my dressing. oh griz bark bark bark
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23360 on: May 02, 2021, 07:54:28 AM »

hi joho! good you will be fine on your mri. jim mowed yesterday and by our walk out basement a groundhog ran out and a squirrel but he did not hit them with the mower. a ground hog how i wish i could go down the steps right now. i watched the derby i was for rider luis esstial quality and ra for hot rod charlie but happy for bob yes still most exciting and no one hurt that is the main thing. gb cul

ruesgram

« Reply #23361 on: May 02, 2021, 06:52:20 PM »

Hi Jewelies! We've had 2 beautiful days! Yesterday 70 and today 80. We mowed yesterday because it rained Thursday and Friday.  Now it's getting cloudy and looking like rain again. April rainfall was below average. We only had an inch! Now it looks like the first week of May is going to be rainy! Rain predicted for most of the week. I may regret this but I moved all my houseplants outside today. My younger sis did the same with hers. We are hoping we won't have to lug them back in if the temps go down! Fingers crossed!

Cal, I just wonder if Red really is n13. I did not like the way they sort of slid over Anne's death. Maybe at some point they will show us what happened at Anne's house. Why didn't Liz kill Red or vice versa? So many unanswered questions.  I watched the Derby with Crow. I was rooting for the one that won. I thought he was pretty! The jockey was, too!  Sounds like Jim being laid off comes at a good time with you recovering from your surgery! My doctor told me last month when I was in for a check up that the very moment I feel a migraine coming on to take a pill! She said hit it before it hurts too bad. That probably goes for your meds, too.

Lupine, I would be so funny to see you guys driving down the road in the rain with your umbrella sticking out of your car's sun roof! lol!

Jo, never had an MRI and don't think I ever want one after hearing these stories! Crow had one years ago but it was a wide open MRI. That's the only way he would have it. The only place that had the wide open at that time was in Marietta, OH.  Good luck tomorrow! You will do fine!

Have a nice evening! Stay safe! :)

johoward

« Reply #23362 on: May 02, 2021, 10:34:34 PM »

Hi ev1,
Rues my MRI is on May 10th at 1:40.  Tomorrow I have to go to my dentist for a regular cleaning.  He is good and will help me get through this knee thing.
Thanks for the encouragement.  Bear chat friends are the best. 
Had a nice visit with Debbie and Boss today.  They brought my wash back all done and on hangers.
It was a good day here. 
GN and GB

calhound

« Reply #23363 on: May 03, 2021, 06:42:35 AM »

Daily Updates
Testing the Waters - UPDATE May 2, 2021 
02 May 2021
 Print Email
Pontoon with Lynn and Donna
Pontoon with Lynn and Donna

On a beautiful 74°F day of blue sky and water, Donna and I got on the water for the first time this year. We made the required pontoon pilgrimage to Lily’s den of 2010 where she gave birth to Hope. Then we switched to a canoe and Woods Lake to listen for telltale sounds of young beavers coming from beaver lodges but heard nothing. Beaver Lodge on Woods Lake
Beaver Lodge on Woods Lake
Two beavers from the lodge pictured were active after dark when bears had become the focus. Bears included Valentine and her two yearlings. They also included 8-year-old Eli who was part of the Beary-Go-Round action with Lily in March 2013. Andrew, the 3-year-old descendent of Shadow, Blackheart, Dot, and mother Vanna put in an appearance along with others. Spanky came by, too. Things are perking up early. It won’t be long until spring green-up has green sprouts of bear food growing all over the woods.

Lily and Hope Den from 2010
Lily and Hope Den from 2010
At the Bear Center, Lucky gave a peek into his mind that Taught caught in this 2-minute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeA7hqqqVxs. He investigated a dead tree that I believe has provided him with new wooden toys before. At first he tried to shake it. When it didn’t fall over, he climbed it and broke off a toy from the top. The video ends with Lucky going wild playing with it.

At the Bear Center, the bears are eating grass like the bears here are doing along with deer and woodchucks.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23364 on: May 03, 2021, 06:52:02 AM »

hi you guys its nice here 61 i have to go to the city this morning see the dr change my dressing sure will hate to have to put this boot back on sick of it. little raccoonies was in the barn jim said

hi rues i dont know if red is n13 either sounds like maybe not but i dont care watch it for red.

hi joho hope your cleaning goes well i cancelled mine cant go like this at all.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E2055D5BB69A?z=0

lupinelady

« Reply #23365 on: May 03, 2021, 09:24:15 AM »

Good morning all- cloudy and a bit humid- rues- we need rain too. Fern peonies blooming and giant alliums are struggling to open too. 

cal- it sounds like my suggestion to be patient didn't take with you.  You only had 2 days and you are already sick of it. lol  Pleeeese take care of yourself. Don't make me come down there! lol 

Well- we tried having smokey downstairs with us last week on Tuesday, Wed. and Thursday. We made no progress- he was still absolutely terrified of us. It breaks my heart to see that behavior after 5 weeks inside and i don't know how many outside. So on Friday we decided to put him in the carrier in the summer house and open the door. ... We haven't seen him since. Just heartbreaking. We just hope he'll come back sometime to eat. He knows the routine.

cul

johoward

« Reply #23366 on: May 03, 2021, 10:34:05 AM »

Hi ev1,
4:39 on unusual fire truck. Dentist is ready for 1:50 they said.  Sent me a text with covid questions.  All were no thank God.  Maybe I should ask all of them to answer the same ones.  LOL
Smokey will come back I think.  Will hope for that.  He will have less scars too.
Rain all night and all this morning.  58 and cloudy now.  So not too bad.  Lots of greenery and blossoms around here.
Thinking about going to Berlin Ohio soon.  I will stop at Lehman's in Kidron on the way down like we always did.  I will bring back cheese and bread and fruit pies and trail bologna like we always did.  Maybe even a few chocolate covered raisins too.  For my sweet tooth.  They usually take the place of dinner on the ride back.  Along with some cheese chunks and some water.
I will be sad, but I am pretty sure I will go.
CUL GB

calihoula

« Reply #23367 on: May 03, 2021, 03:51:29 PM »

hi lupe yes im sick of this! lol you just might have to straighten me out!  :) so the nurse gracie i like her too took off that big heavy boot wrap gauze over my big toe dr removed that nasty nail too was pretty bloody hurt taking all that off ye ow my big toe is straight looks very good my little toe is straight and out no longer laying under my fourth toe i saw a white ball on a stick on it she said when i come back on the 15 th xrays may pull that pin out no weight on it on the 15 dr will see me may get to put down my heel long time lupe till 15th.jim ask if i can off this @$&&# boot at night no i can not but sitting in my room watching tv can open up this boot ice it no dogs in here she said she knows i got penny and brownie but girls lay down so if no one opens my door im okay with them i put my walker in front of me they cant get to my feet. so not much but something she said it looks so very good. we went to ac warehouse got new coils for barn ac then harps grocery store jim pushed my wheel chair and the cart he got a call said cant talk in the grocery store  :) he doesnt have much phone time lately. getting ready to be wheeled out to the barn see pearl and them. im sorry about smokey give him a chance poor boy must of had a hard time before hard to trust but he will you guys he will be back keep letting us know on him please come back smokey you helped him alot he knows that god knows that xoxo

hi joho my foot very sore take my pain pill soon first pearl my toe is straight been years since that jim said he is a very good dr and kind bad to see crummy ones like i have griz woke up better go lucky to still have him
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #23368 on: May 04, 2021, 06:25:26 AM »

Daily Updates
Shadow is Back! - UPDATE May 3, 2021 
03 May 2021
 Print Email
34 year old Shadow
34 year old Shadow
The call I’ve been waiting for came today—23 days earlier than her first spotting last year on May 26. I hurried to the spot where she was up a red pine and looking good—still climbing trees at 34 years of age. She came through the winter looking well nourished. She is quickly recognized by the well-earned white hairs that cover her forehead. And they are spreading, as can be seen on her forearm and paw in the close-up picture and on more of her body in the full-body picture. She is the second oldest black bear on record—captive or wild. She had her last cub, Spanky, at the age of 28, which set a record for the oldest black bear to give birth on record. She narrowly missed seeing 6-year-old Spanky today. His picture is from four days ago.

A startling sight outside the window today was of a female red-bellied woodpecker about 100 miles north of its usual range. We did see one other here, a female, on May 22, 2003.

Shadow in tree
Shadow in tree
Spanky
Spanky
Red-bellied woodpecker
Red-bellied woodpecker

Herbie, the 9-year-old son of Jewel who we watched being born on January 22, 2012, stopped by to show us what he has been off eating—mostly grass and perhaps other green vegetation, as we saw Lucky also eating at the Bear Center recently. Green-up is starting. Some aspens now have small leaves. Small plants will be coming up throughout the woods soon.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23369 on: May 04, 2021, 06:29:24 AM »

hi you guys it raining here jim took me to the barn pain in the butt but got me on the sidewalk in the wheelchair and i got on my scooter. 3 raccoonies that came for treats. pearl happy to see me sweets too. yay shadow is back and yay she is thru having cubs too what a mothers day treat to see her. nice to hear about herbie too. good update!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/42055D59AA98?z=0