Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: From the heart  (Read 47941 times)

glogdog

• And He will raise you up on Eagles' wings!
Re: From the heart
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 07:11:49 PM »

Good, gg.  I found my song for you all.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKn9n7VQQJ0
glogdog

glogdog

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 07:28:08 PM »

glogdog

Faith

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 07:31:17 AM »

I totally agree that music is poetry. 

Redlegsix

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 10:31:57 PM »

THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

Written by Wendell Berry
Thank  you for this lovely poem GG...I think it is exactly what we ALL need as we sit and watch our world spin out of control around us!!! Would you mind if I share this on my Facebook page so that I have it for easy access?? It really touched my heart!!!! And thank you for starting this thread...I think you are a girl after my own heart!!!!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 11:02:54 PM »

I found this video 2 years ago.   I find it real soothing and peaceful. If I wasn't such a chicken I would love to experience this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gVk9VMxj48
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:41:24 AM by LBLNJ0668 »
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

jicaji

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »

"The Peace of Wild Things"
Love the poem Garden Girl.....Guess that's why my daily walks on the trail with my RIzzo are so important to me.  Helps get me centered for the day....
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

jicaji

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 11:12:41 AM »

Beautiful!  Gave me "goose bumps!"

Thanks.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

Faith

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 02:32:20 PM »

LB, your video shows that there can be poetry in pictures too.  Beautiful

Bob1603

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »

Take a look at this story and see how far you can get before the smiles and the tears start coming - I got to 3.

http://money.msn.com/now/11-amazing-acts-of-generosity

Faith

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 05:31:10 PM »

Bob, I only got to #1

Redlegsix

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »

Take a look at this story and see how far you can get before the smiles and the tears start coming - I got to 3.

http://money.msn.com/now/11-amazing-acts-of-generosity
#7 did me in!!! Those kind and generous students to give up the trip that they had worked so hard for...and the generosity of all of the wonderful people who repaid their kindness so wonderfully!!! Great read Bob...thanks for sharing!!!

Redlegsix

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 08:41:57 AM »

Love the poem...really a word picture isn't it??? My 5 yr old grandson was here weekend before last and they went to the Pow Wow out at the lake...he has been studying about American Indians and was fascinated to see all of the dancing and hear about Indian background and Indian Lore!!
My 21 month old grand daughter was just excited to see the Eagle Feathers!!! She LOVES my eagle necklace and has developed quite an excitement about Eagles!!! :-)

nanimal

• Decorah Eagle fan since April 3, 2011
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 09:31:25 AM »

Good morning Finn and everyone.  Borland's poem is beautiful! I love how he writes and what he says. I finally got Book of Days this past Christmas because you mentioned it and quoted it, back in 2011, I think.  My goodness that man had knowledge of everything, it seems. I have loved reading it every single day since January 1 and will be sad when the year of reading is over.  I treat myself to it every night and often have to use lots of self control to not read ahead!  I may have to get one of his other books, or reread this one! Any recommendations.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth. ~ Henry Beston
REMEMBERING A GREAT MAN, 7-27-2015.  SOAR HIGH AND FREE, BOB
Dad Decorah, always loved and remembered

glogdog

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 11:26:19 AM »

Wow - I came here now to find some peace in the middle of my day and you all have certainly provided it.  Thank you.

GG, Finn - Beautiful poems in the Eagle Feather Fan, Hal Borland's Book of Days and the reflection of a Father and Son. 

Finn- thanks for the Hal Borland article giving us other references of his books.  I have the Book of Days sitting on the floor next to my bed, not giving it justice though, on a daily basis like Nan.  What am I waiting for?  Books are such treasures, providing information to feed our brains and wonderful items like poems to feed our hearts.   
glogdog

glogdog

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 08:21:01 AM »

gg - one of my favorite poems.  And this part: "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." - It's one of my personal mottoes.  Thank you so much for posting this.   
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:23:08 AM by glogdog »
glogdog