Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 489826 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4905 on: May 14, 2023, 06:11:12 PM »

Lynn, deck looks great!   You will really enjoy it!   Did you go out for dinner again or was your celebration, last night?  Phyll, you might e out for your  surprise dinner, even as i type!
Lisa, did you celebrate?

Baz, lgn is an amazing child with lots of. Curiosity and interest in trying things!  Seems to want to push her body!  She will be social and smart as she has been around so many doctors, etc  which will/may compensate for remaining physical issues.
Clynn, where is Bella playing soccer?   Yes, the pros will soon Be after her!  You can be her agent!
Hh worker today did as told but did not take the unitive on things. She was concentrating on her husband who had to go for a mri on his knee .   Md to,d him it is broken but he schedule led this to determine if surgery is required.  She had my dinner on a plate and was gone @10 to 5.  I should be glad she was here at all.
Will now get my last 12 ounces of water for the day.

oldguy

« Reply #4906 on: May 14, 2023, 08:55:10 PM »

Happy Birthday KB

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #4907 on: May 14, 2023, 11:35:08 PM »

my shoulders are gelatinous
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 11:47:00 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4908 on: May 14, 2023, 11:39:30 PM »

Clynn nice sentiment from  Annette at Wild Heart Ranch.Great possum . Your deck is looking good. Interesting about mariner's church; congrats to Bella and her soccer/gymnastics.  ;)   Iris and her nest  :'(

KBglad  you, your sis ; then later with ssrl all had a nice time with each other today; T-shirt is ROTFL

Bazi cute card for KB; enjoyed the photos of LGN and Lilbro. LGN is growing into a pretty  girl. Hope I read your post correctly---good report on LGN. Such precautions she needs to take while swimming. Amazing how she and family keep their spirits up--- ;
Let's hear it for bluebirds!

Lori if you're taking birthday breakfast  orders--- :)

HI ssrl

Tsk Monday after my doc appt, we'll go  perennial   shopping   thinking of Spanish lavendar, salvia for bed off the deck; red/yellow striped petunias to go w/ the red peony and maybe some African dasies for deck. Still leaves the long white planter and for that I'll know it when I see it.

Puff your bird visitors are same species as ours---got indigo buntings? We saw our first 3 wks ago. The hummers and bees will love the Spanish lavendar in addition to salvia we have.

Karen  hope you had a good day and  which ever HH worker  you have  in the end is going to be a good 'fit'.  Just got back from dinner not too long a go. Thank you.

OGdecadent chocolate cake for KB

BL why?

We went to my most fave  area restaurant---Sperry's in Cool Springs (sub of Brentwood). There's one in Nashville. But, I just don't like the atmosphere compaired to Cool Spriings. Clynn, the bar in 'my' Sperry's has a Beefeater pig on the counter and a fireplace with tables just a nice pub-like decor. Desserts are from scratch  ::)

Well...think I'm caught up here. Lots going on in everyone's lives. hope I didn't miss anyone/thing.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4909 on: May 14, 2023, 11:47:02 PM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

May 12, 2023: NestFlix and News, Decorah Edition
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/05/12/may-12-2023-nestflix-and-news-decorah-edition/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4910 on: May 15, 2023, 06:02:51 AM »

Good Morning ...

69F with a High 86F  ptly sunny . And, Low 67F  light rain.

Jim off at 2:30pm, he'll go with me to doc's.

Hi Lani  missed you last night

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4911 on: May 15, 2023, 06:05:42 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
Camera Time: May 15, 2023 6:04 AM CDT
Birchwoman

« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 06:09:04 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4912 on: May 15, 2023, 06:08:43 AM »

Decorah Eagles

Camera Time: May 15, 2023 6:06 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Camera Time: May 15, 2023 6:012AM CDT
Birchwoman

« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 06:15:35 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4913 on: May 15, 2023, 06:20:02 AM »

Found Bandit awake and moving about a bit.

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Cam
May 15, 2023 6:12 AM
Camera Time: May 15, 2023 4:12 AM PDT
Birchwoman

Both were awake  and after a hit Choyln tucked her head back under her wing.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4914 on: May 15, 2023, 06:27:21 AM »

On the g round below...

Decorah North Eagles
May 15, 2023 6:23 AM
Camera Time: May 15, 2023 6:22 AM CDT
Birchwoman

And, then Mom Grackle snoozing on her nest...

Camera Time: May 15, 2023 6:24 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4915 on: May 15, 2023, 06:28:03 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Happy Mother’s Day!
 May 14, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/05/14/happy-mothers-day-2/

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4916 on: May 15, 2023, 06:54:50 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, looks like the eaglets are both doing well!  The dandelion fuzz on DH2's head is almost gone! I am about ready to go plant shopping for my porch baskets and my copper tub. I have decided to plant my shady flower bed in front with hostas. I have been collecting different ones for the last few years. I have a gal who is going to plant for me, she is like the energizer bunny! Her husband is the guy doing my deck etc. This week I think! Love the cows at North, and they have babies too! Thanks for Amy's Blog!

Lani, hope you had a good Mother's day and fell asleep as soon as your head hit the pillow... You have had a very busy week...

kb, Bella plays soccer in Ankeny, where they live. The little ones start playing at age 4, at their home field, then at 6 they will start playing other teams in the area.

Lisa, the deck has a roof and a composite floor now and he is putting screens and doors on it. Then we can actually use it even when it's raining and we can let the cats out on the deck!

Puff, we have an old plastic milk crate sitting right under the window to step up on to add seed to the bird feeder. The container part just slides out, very easy to fill. It's one of the old real milk crates, very sturdy. One could use a cement block or two, even make a step up. The spot we have it is where we determined that the squirrels couldn't get to it! And believe me, they tried!

tsk, Erin is the assistant coach for Talon's soccer club, I don't think he is for Bella's. Erin has been a huge fan of the Premier League for years, you should hear him yell when Manchester United scores! They are going to a game between Manchester United and Arsenal in New York this summer. He was once third place in the world of online FIFA Soccer players on XBox.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #4917 on: May 15, 2023, 07:11:18 AM »

LOL, I see a resemblance! ;)

oldguy - Thank you for the flowers and cake....what more could one ask for?

Clynn - a nice space going to be even nicer....

Am going to try and get a whole lot done today with sun in the forecast....outside and food shopping..

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4918 on: May 15, 2023, 07:25:51 AM »

Good Morning

50 heading to 65 later today - mostly sunny

KB   Had pulmonaria in my previous home which was mostly shade.  Nice gift.  :)   LOLOL on your AM photo .  Mini Mom and Mom

BAZI   Thank you for the explanation of that very complicated procedure to allow Punkin to be able to swim.  I actually wondered about that.  Such dedication and through the kindness of others she can enjoy this activity.  She is one strong little girl.  Cute pic of you, sis and the troll friend  ;) ;)

LISA  So I take it you are not signing up as a permanent foster family  ;) ;) ;) LOL

KAREN   Sounds like you are showing a lot of patience with your helpers.  How many times are you up during the night with all that water.?  :o :o

BL  Impressive

PHYL   I have tried lavender several times and can't get it to grow.  :(   Just looked up Sperry menu - what did you get?   Interesting in Amy's blog who does most of the feedings.  Cute pic of DH2
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #4919 on: May 15, 2023, 10:27:29 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Puff, we have an old plastic milk crate sitting right under the window to step up on to add seed to the bird feeder. The container part just slides out, very easy to fill. It's one of the old real milk crates, very sturdy. One could use a cement block or two, even make a step up. The spot we have it is where we determined that the squirrels couldn't get to it! And believe me, they tried!

Clynn    Ah ha the dang squirrels. . . Last season we had quite a few posts re getting rid of the problem of squirrels.  Tried a few of them.  Guess what - they didn't work.  Squirrels still try  (and they still get down to the feeder) but couldn't eat.  The nyjer feeder had the teenie hole; the other feeder had oily sunflowers so there was no way they could open for the meat. 

Good news - surveying acreage (?) this spring I located the furry remains of squirrel.  I think our neighborhood fox caught up with pain-in-the-ash.  I hope.

By the way, like your ingenuity.  We do what we can.  Ton actually has about 6 metal milk crates in the garage.  But not going to work here.  I have a raised ranch.  Main level about 10 feet above ground.  There will be a decision to be made when the pulleys decide to pull out from the overhang.  I'll need 15 foot ladder.

P