Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 489572 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12060 on: December 09, 2023, 06:50:36 PM »

T40     NOT  ;) ;)

PHYL  Fear if I give Lulu an inch she'll take a mile... ;D   Hunker down and keep weather station on. :)  Warnings mean tornados have touched down - I see KB has reported .

KB  Impressive tornado!

LISA   So is Kelly's Mom coming to live with them??  That was a long day and so sad it is even further away...
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #12061 on: December 09, 2023, 06:52:01 PM »

Thank you for the your prayers dear Beakers and thank you for posting the article kbs...

Update on Andria & Alex and the eggs...

Via Kisatchie National Forest Eagle Cam Facebook : E-3:  Cody has confirmed that Andria is gone.  Our hearts are broken.  Fly high and free sweet Andria.  😭💔🦅

Beakers...Dad Alex doing his best to incubate these precious eggs... meanwhile a female stops by... I am praying that this female will be like DM who was Mom Decorah's Angel when we lost Dad Decorah.  See clip below... the visitor is in the upper left hand corner in the other camera frame.  Below is a full explanation and footage of the Rangers assisting today via LadyHawk

KNF Kisatchie E-3 Nest Cam ~ USFS Rangers Retrieve Andria's Body 💔 Alex Incubates Eggs 12.9.23
https://youtu.be/WCTElZ928kw?feature=shared via LADYHAWK
USFS personnel retrieved Andria's body at 07:37 this morning. The eggs are unlikely to hatch due to inadequate incubation by Alex, who cannot do it alone. Andria died on impact and she is being taken to a disease center for bald eagles. Her body will be frozen and taken by FEDEX on Monday to the research center. A necropsy will be will performed and testing to determine the cause of her illness & seizures. It normally takes 4-6 weeks to get the results from the toxicology back but Cody will let us know the results when they come back.

Cody reported that Alex did look over the nest edge while they were retrieving her body, so he is aware that something happened to her but may not know to what extent. A female eagle came to the nest tree while Alex was incubating the eggs this morning. Alex has been incubating most of the day and defending his nest. At some point he will have to leave the eggs to hunt and take care of himself. It is impossible for an eagle to fully incubate eggs alone without a partner to share the responsibilities.

This is such a sad time for everyone who has been watching this nest. My deepest condolences on the loss of Andria, her two potential eaglets and for Alex who has lost his partner. My sincere appreciation for the rangers and crew for their deep concern for all the eagles well being & safety ❤🙏 Thank you for watching!Ladyhawk.

Below are a couple pics of Andria and her babies to honor her memory...

Mom Andria with Val and Nugget January 5th 2023

March 5, 2023 via facebook... This is how I will always remember you Andria.. with your beautiful soul mate, being an amazing and beautiful mother of 2 gorgeous eaglets.. you lived well, happy and surrounded by love of many people. Fly high sweet Andria.. You will be deeply missed.

March 9 2023 Nugget nuggy looking at her : my mommy is sooo beautiful.

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #12062 on: December 09, 2023, 07:07:50 PM »

Lori, so sorry!   Wonder if the visiting female would help him?  Stranger things have happened!   Thanks for informing us!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12063 on: December 09, 2023, 10:29:46 PM »

Puff  :)

Karen - Nice warm temp in your area!  Good that Piper is used to the Christmas decorations and probably likes them now! ;D

Tsk - I will put my bet on you staying well & being fine. :)

Phyl - Hope you feel a lil better each day.  Oh no, hopefully no tornado! :o

LisaG - What a day you had!  Hope you get a well deserved good night's sleep.  That was a lot of vaccines - understandable that Sydney was sleepy.

Lori - Thank you for the update on Andria.  That is what I was afraid of hearing.  I am so sorry for her and what this may mean for her eggs.

Beakers have a good night.

BrokenLug

« Reply #12064 on: December 09, 2023, 10:32:07 PM »

The weather equalizes it all.

Especially at this time of the approaching Winter Solstice.  :) 

I only remind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UHHc7POovg&list=RDMM&index=5
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 10:45:25 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #12065 on: December 09, 2023, 11:01:18 PM »

This here NY hearth is in an absolute riot of pickers crashing this eve's warmth.

The 2023 sled _ fireplace tour begins.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xutO4ZfkV3s

We'll be dropping off native things that have been bestowed upon us over the fireplace years.

Santa ..  uncle.  ;)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 11:44:59 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #12066 on: December 09, 2023, 11:02:39 PM »

Sorry for just jumping in after months away.  I do check the Beak room from time to time, but I lack the time and the energy to keep up with such a prolific group.  I have continued to monitor the local peregrine cams, but I have significantly cut back the number of hours I devote to it.  I am not getting any younger.  My eyes tire very quickly.  I would rather reduce my involvement than try to keep up and miss something important and let my group down.  It was a nightmare year this year with all the wild fires and smoke, heat and drought.  We had takeovers and challenges,  sometimes as many as four at most of the sites.  Two of our oldest sites had no eggs at all. At one, no birds returned and no new ones appeared, at the other, our 17 year old female came late and took up with a very young male.  They remained the resident pair until migration, but did not produce offspring this year.  At 2 other sites, we lost 4 chicks in all, 2 to disease and 2 to weather.  And at the other three nests, we lost track of 2 fledglings and rescued 3 or 4 others.  I think we only witnessed 4 possibly successful fledges.   My numbers could be off, it was very busy and mind-numbing. 

As for my avatar, I got it up with the help of Eagle Duck.  I lost it when his family closed down his site.  I tried a couple of times to get it back up using a google url, but lost it again  often after just a few days.  I decided it wasn’t worth the irritation.  I seem to spend a way to much time keeping up with my digital world these days.  What with non stop updates and upgrades I am forever in a fog looking for parts of programs that move around and come and go, work and don’t work.   I swear this is an intentional move by techies that use it to ensure their continued employment.

And with this, I end my whiny post.  If I don’t have anything a little more upbeat to offer, i will stay quiet and just read.

Emy, I can help you with your avatar.  I did keep some of the avatars from Eagle Ducks web site http://www.thehomedi.de/ after he passed because I knew the site would probably be taken down.  What is the avatar of?  Do you have a photo of it or can you describe it?  You can PM me or send me an email at [email protected] and I will help you.  Hopefully I have your old avatar if not, you can easily add a new one of your own via pinterest or I can do it for you.  Let me know... hugs and love Lori
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12067 on: December 09, 2023, 11:14:58 PM »

Dad's two favorite jokes:

What do you call 100 rabbits walking backward? A receding hare line.
Where was the first donut fried? In Greece.

LOL!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #12068 on: December 09, 2023, 11:15:57 PM »

Sorry for just jumping in after months away.  I do check the Beak room from time to time, but I lack the time and the energy to keep up with such a prolific group.  I have continued to monitor the local peregrine cams, but I have significantly cut back the number of hours I devote to it.  I am not getting any younger.  My eyes tire very quickly.  I would rather reduce my involvement than try to keep up and miss something important and let my group down.  It was a nightmare year this year with all the wild fires and smoke, heat and drought.  We had takeovers and challenges,  sometimes as many as four at most of the sites.  Two of our oldest sites had no eggs at all. At one, no birds returned and no new ones appeared, at the other, our 17 year old female came late and took up with a very young male.  They remained the resident pair until migration, but did not produce offspring this year.  At 2 other sites, we lost 4 chicks in all, 2 to disease and 2 to weather.  And at the other three nests, we lost track of 2 fledglings and rescued 3 or 4 others.  I think we only witnessed 4 possibly successful fledges.   My numbers could be off, it was very busy and mind-numbing. 

As for my avatar, I got it up with the help of Eagle Duck.  I lost it when his family closed down his site.  I tried a couple of times to get it back up using a google url, but lost it again  often after just a few days.  I decided it wasn’t worth the irritation.  I seem to spend a way to much time keeping up with my digital world these days.  What with non stop updates and upgrades I am forever in a fog looking for parts of programs that move around and come and go, work and don’t work.   I swear this is an intentional move by techies that use it to ensure their continued employment.

And with this, I end my whiny post.  If I don’t have anything a little more upbeat to offer, i will stay quiet and just read.

Emy, I can help you with your avatar.  I did keep some of the avatars from Eagle Ducks web site http://www.thehomedi.de/ after he passed because I knew the site would probably be taken down.  What is the avatar of?  Do you have a photo of it or can you describe it?  You can PM me or send me an email at [email protected] and I will help you.  Hopefully I have your old avatar if not, you can easily add a new one of your own via pinterest or I can do it for you.  Let me know... hugs and love Lori

Thank you Lori  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #12069 on: December 09, 2023, 11:18:50 PM »

This is storm chaser video of the tornado that went thru Clarksville TN today
Insane Up Close Tornado Right In Front Of Them In Clarksville, TN   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LaqPzpxgO8

Another tornado on the northern side of Nashville (suburb of Madison) - news report
Three deaths confirmed in Nashville due to storm damage near Nesbitt Lane   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL_0N1V-8ys

Also hit was Gallatin..
Tornado damage in Gallatin, TN   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzLvJjMbkTg
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 11:41:08 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

« Reply #12070 on: December 10, 2023, 12:16:23 AM »

Baz, I always love the Chipmunks!  ;D.. You're doing great with your walking.... love your Friday morning pic! Delicious way to bake salmon... YAY! on the new frig! .. love leftovers, always taste better the next day.

Phyl, Enjoyed watching Friday morning's Amy's blog on Fission-Fusion Species video.... sweet Bramblings Friday's Nature vid.... Thanks for Amy's blog on the Golden eagles. .. I hope you, Jim and Maggie were okay after tornado. Prayers for all!

Tsk, Clynn, Eagles, We did well, made over $4000... I felt as tired as that pup last night. you could have put bows all over me too.

Clynn, scary story about Bogey.  :(

{{{Tig}}} sending hugs on the 20th anniversary of your dad's passing, sweet memories of him.

Lisa, awww a room for Sydney, she will love it.  :-*.... When we moved we put our cats in a room we didn't need to have the movers enter. It was quiet.... good luck this Caturday on helping B?K with move... oh 4 shots for Sydney.. :(

Tsk, glad Tim is doing well. I hope you didn't work too hard yesterday... sorry about your friend having covid. I hope you don't get it.... Lulu must be a good listener, if I say No to the cats, they do it!

Kb, your Friday post, that was a cute ipad idea to entertain the cats! ... gorgeous Great Gray Owl, Looks like a minister with the white collar.... funny snowman in the bathtub. LOL! .. terrible tornado. 

Lori, very sad about Andria.  :'( ... Beautiful prayer for God's creatures great and small....  "worse poker face ever" LOL! .. oh dear, heartbreaking story about Andria, prayers for Alex and the eggs. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Oldguy, my mother and I watched Ryan O'Neal in Peyton Place series.. Loved that series... sweet story about the couple that found a cat with a new home... Thanks for all the links... just watched your tornado updates... terrible.  :'(

{{{Emy}}} sorry about the loss of some of the raptors you were watching.... I think Lori will help you with an avatar.

T40, thanks for videos, will watch tomorrow.

SED Karen, glad today was a good day.

SED Eagles   :)

BL, thanks for Playing for Change and Eric Clapton.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

LisaG1967

« Reply #12071 on: December 10, 2023, 04:55:47 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

Getting ready for day two, and it's going to be a nasty rainy day today. 

karen - Stewie and Ziva are acting like it is any other day.  We were back and forth out the door so many times, and neither one tried to get out. 

tsk & karen - Yes, Kelly's mom is moving in with them.  What I gather from Bradley, now that she has two grandbabies Sydney and Scarlett, she wants to be near them a lil more.  He said, she will still keep her place in Florida, so she can take turns staying at each place. 

Lori - So very sad about Andria.  :'(

E4E - I was sound asleep after I made my post last night.   ;D

oldguy - Thanks for the info on the tornadoes in TN.  I hope Phyl is ok.

Lani - That is awesome on your auction! 

clynn - The kittens are adorable!!!!!!!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12072 on: December 10, 2023, 05:38:23 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, I bet you are tired...and it's raining. Darn! The house sounds like Erin's, enter main level, down a few steps to family room, up a few steps to the bedrooms. From the family room down more steps to the 'basement' level, another finished room and storage room. Stewie and Ziva are good kitties! I wish their new house was closer to you though...I am sure you do too. I love the Christmas cup of white chocolate with raspberries in it!

Lani, you and Lisa both fell asleep quickly after your busy days! Probably as soon as your head hit the pillow...maybe even before! So glad to hear your event was a success! Hope you are well rested this morning!

Lori, so sad....I was hoping with Andria it would be like the time Mom North had that episode from what they thought was some kind of poison...she was able to overcome it.

Phyl, hope you and Jim stayed safe and sound....

tsk, and I hope you are feeling well!

Waiting for the Christmas Parade in Albion!

The Desert of Ghost Ships
Only  30 years ago, this was home to our planet’s 4th largest inland water  mass; an ancient sea so vast, even Alexander the Great wrote of his  struggles to cross it; where fishing commerce boomed and holidaymakers  once flocked to its seaside spa town.
Now, for the first time in  600 years, the Aral Sea is (almost) bone dry, and the fleet of giant,  rusted ships left in its wake have become some of the only proof of the  past.
The Aral Sea is (or was) so large, it spreads over two  Eurasian countries that now straddle its dusty remains: Uzbekistan and  Kazakhstan

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12073 on: December 10, 2023, 06:07:32 AM »

...Happy  Sunday Everyone!

Currently 49F   High  49F sunny,  Low 26 F  clear skies.

🙏 's  Madison and Gallitin, Tennessee. RIP the lost souls. What hit us was a  very mean and nasty rain storm. It was a long line on the radar
that hovered over us and just sat there for a while.

OldGuy thanks for the links

Lani congrats on the $4000 fund raiser

Tsk glad Tim is doing well; hope you didn't over do work;   :-*   Lulu

Karen glad yesterday was a 'good one'.

Lisa 'good luck' w/ day 2 of 'the move'

BL tks for change for the world

Tig cute jokes from your dad

CLynn tks for photos- of Albion before Christmas Parade . Interesting about the desert 'ghost ships'

Prayers for: Gallitin and Madison, Tennessee;  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 06:17:44 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan