Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 543667 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6975 on: July 12, 2023, 06:09:42 PM »

tsk/Puff Is the weather behaving in your neck of the woods ?

https://www.weather.gov/lot/
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6976 on: July 12, 2023, 06:37:10 PM »

BL - How is the weather going to be for my drive Sunday?

Clynn - Great pics of the munchkins.  They have homework in the summer? Aww, cute lil tomato.  Does Ed have a good crop? Lol, the spider funny!

((Baz))

Lori - Sorry to hear about grandma being out in the nursing home.  I hope the family can stop fighting and think about grandma.

Kb - Glad to hear new garage motor is all done.  Got the keys hidden? 😁

Lani - LOL, that is the hard part…remembering where you put the keys. 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6977 on: July 12, 2023, 06:39:28 PM »

LORI  Great reminder for Pecan pie day - Pecans are one of my weaknesses  :o  Cute rainy day pets and pecan treats.  I'll choose the pecan pie latte  ;D   So sorry to hear about Grandma's 10 kids bickering.  So I take it there is no Will or executor of her estate?  Guess all we can do is offer some prayers that folks will come to their senses and spend the remaining time loving their mother..  ((((LORI))))

PUFF   Are you getting the bad weather going through the SW burbs?  I didn't hear Darien listed but am sure you are close.

BAZI  Thank goodness this discomfort is happening now when you have something you like to do to distract you.  :-* :-*

CLYNN  Now you won't see the munchkins for 2 weeks right?  Bet the day goes fast for them.  They like being at Grandma's and Grandpa's  Good that they have homework to do in the summer.  ;)   LOLOL  I might just gasp if you opened the garage door  LOL 

BL  Funny you should mention it.  Big thunderstorm rolled through my neighborhood mid afternoon.  Emptied the gauge a just shy of 1".  Now at 6 PM nest time - a torrential rain lasting about 10 minutes.  Ran out and emptied again and 3/8" this time.  We had under an inch yesterday as well. 
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6978 on: July 12, 2023, 07:04:22 PM »

Tsk and Puff - You both ok?  I saw a tornado warning for you all.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6979 on: July 12, 2023, 07:20:50 PM »

LOL the shower spiders

KB with those snowshoes for paws that C. Lynx is deadly silent in the snow--deadly.  Luv the cat selections.  :-* :-* :-*
How cool anew garage door and all.  ;)
Why not a masculine name for your Jeep?

Hi Tig

CLynn lot of  um-ber-ella -s  for t his AM; Munchkins look so cute; did their homework too. Tks for the SF Bay Osprey Rosie/Richmond update and photo. Alot going on there. Boulder County Fairgrounds Osprey Cam  -the triplets have eye on Ma for sure.  Doesn't your security prog have a VPN or Incognito so you can search and browse
privately?

HiPuff so cool you and KB know lots about cars.

Karen LOL Ms Piper and her collar, glad to hear all's well and your off PT

Tsk cheerful butterfly this AM, speaking of how are yours doing?   Jim did another nest box inspeciton and still 5 egglets. That's good  ;D  St Paul was very creative in his letters to the Romans---had to be---they were shameful and wicked.   :-* LOL

E4E  enjoy the poppies; your weather sounds nice---we too much humidity. YOu know still now hummers. I think they're staying in Tejas (Texas).

Lisa LOL 'I'll be right back' I believe they will answer,  too. Maggie  uses alot of one tone mews. Her pitch tells me if she agrees or not. Have loads of fun chatting with her.

Lani  tks for HellgateOsprey update/photo.

{{{Lori}}} pets to Destini;  love pecan pie, my Aunt Anne makes the best  !  .  Those Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes with Butter Pecan Frosting would be sinful.  ;) 

So sorry for the woes w/ your Grandma---does any one of you Kids have a Durable power of attorney for health care and or same for finances? The child with that welds the power over all others in cluding the doctors and nurses. I had one for my mother. :-*  She had a stroke . But, her brain was sharp and quick---just lost her speech and legs.   :'(   And, so very true the nursing home will take all her money for her room and board. And, if she has even a dime left they'll take that too. I kept some of her cash in an account in my name on the side before anyone else got involved in her life.  Then just reported what  she had in her personal account. Good thing too as there were some copays afterwards. And, some expenses for clothing and personals. Salon visits were extra  out of pocket so.
Keep you in my prayers   ;)    :-*

{{{Bazi}}}

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 07:25:41 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6980 on: July 12, 2023, 07:31:09 PM »

...and SEDs   Y'all

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #6981 on: July 12, 2023, 08:03:33 PM »

tsk/Puff Is the weather behaving in your neck of the woods ?

https://www.weather.gov/lot/

Yep BL  Behaving badly!

Entire area greater NE Illinois- Most of the suburbs :  wind, dark/rolling/spinning clouds, intermittent absolute downpours, two confirmed tornedoes in Chicago proper.  Videos, pics, radar replays are now being submitted on maybe 5 stations.  Scary and threatening for a couple hours.  Got both of our attentions, Sue up north, me southwest.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #6982 on: July 12, 2023, 08:24:21 PM »

Lisa - no I have not yet found a hiding spot...if I have it on my car key ring should be fine, but I'm pondering having both...safe travels for you coming up....if you run into storms, just head up to Minneapolis and you'll find dry, teehee.

Phyl - I dunno...I think of her as a SHE?....probably cause she's always been mine and Scott had his own pickups and SUV's....he hated the Jeep front driver's seat...it wasn't comfortable enough for him..

Silly I know but I'll come up with something more appropriate.

Gosh you all get all the rain and storms...I was talking with sis today and she confirms we've only gotten abut an inch of rain all summer long...it's it's own devastation...and 3rd row in a year and this one is the worst of the 3....might have to take out a home equity loan just to pay for all the watering....LOL..

oldguy

« Reply #6983 on: July 12, 2023, 09:23:36 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

We won the jackpot here today - veried widely, but Iowa City area had from 1.25 to 2.25 inches today - and no severe winds...  Dew point was in the 70s as the rain stopped, but dropped slightly to up 60s for the rest of the day.  High of 82.

The Iceland volcano has quieted down - only a single cone building up with the flow going south - the rest of the fissures have stopped.  Flow is now down to 15 cubic meters - similar to last years flow.
Junks of lava splash out, spilling over the shorter wall!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YcAfAhaSWg
Immense lava river seen from drone at night   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KlmGmWaey8

A warning on bird feeders from California...
Hummingbirds Perish from Feeding Orioles   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oq8Xkn2muM

New release from Home Free...
Skull & Bones Live Performance   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_2T99BQt04

Quarantine Kids play "Watching the Wheels"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JssgDCB6JY

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 10:59:41 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #6984 on: July 12, 2023, 11:48:33 PM »

BL - if you are still in the NH/VT area, I hope you have found some dry high ground to sit out the flooding.

Check.

That was one heck of a ride south down the NYS Thruway OG. 

I've seen some weather stuff on this stretch of 87.

We had our Life Jackets on IN the SUV several times.  :o 

https://www.weather.gov/nerfc/ObservedPrecipitation

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 11:59:32 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6985 on: July 13, 2023, 01:07:16 AM »

Lori, thanks for the delicious pecan goodies. I'm so sorry about your grandma and now the behind the scene battles with family members. It's sad and heartbreaking, especially when each of you need to be together in helping your grandmother's physical and emotional needs. I remember you posting she wanted to be in her own home. I feel sad for both of you.  :'( Sending prayers  dear one 🙏🏼

Clynn, looks like it was a nice day with the munchkins, even though it was raining, they look like they were enjoying the quiet day. You always make them yummy lunches.. I hope Ed's tomatoes are doing well. I finally have 7 little ones popping out.... Keebler  ;D... it's wonderful seeing beautiful Decorah mom and knowing she's well  :-*... she's the reason we're here and still together after all these years. God Bless her and DM2.... LOL about the spiders.

{{{Hugs and continued prayers Baz}}}  :'(

Tsk, you are really getting a lot of rain. I just read Lisa's post to you. I hope you and Puff are okay.

Oldguy, videos from drones are amazing, thanks.

{{{Tsk, Puff, Oldguy, BL, Clynn, Lori}}} Take care and keep warm and dry from the storms.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's mom and sister, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Sister and Mom, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #6986 on: July 13, 2023, 02:08:21 AM »

We just SED's and peace out  from  the  what  the  heck.   ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4mNDS5rIRU
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 02:18:25 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #6987 on: July 13, 2023, 06:17:58 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently   79F  Hot and humid with a High 92F sunny, Low 74F  clear.

{{{Puff,  Tsk,  CLynn, Lori, OG, BL}}}   take care in the weather.

Lisa  :)

{{{Bazi}}} hope you're feeling better today

OG    thanks for the  links and the Q Kids

KB  The right name will pop into your head

BL  a good 'ol tune  ;)

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6988 on: July 13, 2023, 06:29:03 AM »

Anthony went back to sleep and now is zonked.

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Cam
Jul 13, 2023 6:21 AM
Camera Time: Jul 13, 2023 4:20 AM PDT
Birchwoman

Earlier:

Jul 12, 2023 9:31 PM
Camera Time: Jul 12, 2023 7:30 PM PDT
loveeagles

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl