Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 510908 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6075 on: June 16, 2023, 08:11:35 AM »

HAPPY FRIYAY

55 cloudy heading to 72 later this afternoon - partly sunny

CLYNN  Today is a jeans day. Not warming up til later.  Ed probably had fun at the park too  ;D  Saturday can't come soon enough for you.  Did the kids have a good time on the cruise - or maybe you will find out tomorrow.  Wonder who discovered that medicine on a cats ear is a way to get it into the system. ???  Watched that rescue on FB.  Hard to watch.

OLDGUY    There you are!   Cool AQ monitor.  A 2 for us.    " fur beret"  ;D ;D ;D   Simon  ;D   classical guitar - perfect theme

LISA   My SIL said to disconnect your router and plug in again.  I did that and got to finish Top Gun Maverick last night  ;D

Gotta run - out to another b-day breakfast with friends  ;D
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6076 on: June 16, 2023, 09:43:42 AM »

Overcast - high of 69 today

Karen - Good for the rain you've gotten - nice that you don't have to water your satsuma!

Phyl - Nice rain you had too!  Cute morning pic - love the chickens!   Thank you for all the wonderful cam pics  :)

Tsk - Glad it was a fun trip to the zoo!

Clynn - Great pics of your Munchkins - bet they all had fun & burned off energy at the park with Ed! ;) :)  Is that Honey that Bella is petting?
So glad about the rescue of the Osprey in Lewiston, that it was found to be fine and released!

OG - You've had such a busy week, that hopefully you have some time off this weekend!  I sure hope the air quality gets better soon.

Lani - We are not having the hummers like we used to - don't know what has changed, but I make sure to keep the 'nectar' fresh in the two feeders - I really love the hummers - they are so cute!

LisaG - You are so organized!  Jeff is such a gem! Sounds like you are ready for the baby shower tomorrow! :)

Tsk - Have fun with the girls & enjoy breakfast! :)

We will be going to Los Banos today.  The temp will be about 20 degrees warmer than our 69 here! :o   Hubby has a cousin who works in a food place, so we are going to have lunch there, as she will be retiring at the end of June!  She actually makes the Clam Chowder soup that they serve on Fridays - yum!

Beakers have a nice day!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6077 on: June 16, 2023, 09:55:35 AM »

Lisa !   Yes. Thomas has fledged into the GSB skies!  There's comment in Chat is that Kami's fledged before Thomas.
At any rate ther's just two left in the box.

Jun 16, 2023 9:51 AM
Camera Time: Jun 16, 2023 9:50 AM CDT

There are awesome vids and snaps  of the 'launch' from The Chat members!
There just too much to copy and paste.  Some beautiful vids of Kami and Thomas in flight.
So those two are out there for Newman to find and train if he hasn't started already.
I think this link will take folks to the Disqus page for GSB.
https://www.explore.org/livecams/disqus/raptor-resource-project/peregrine-falcon-cam
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 09:57:34 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #6078 on: June 16, 2023, 09:56:11 AM »

Morning all...

It's a W day for me: Walk (Ollie, done), water, and wash the floors (done)..

Better air and cooler here....but still hazy sky.....I think we won't see a bright blue sky till winter....I'll post a pic of one if I see it before then...

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6079 on: June 16, 2023, 10:21:10 AM »

bounce
KB... same for me, sort of. I was outside at 6:45 doing my annual wash down of the driveway (I'll sweep the gunk up later). I deadheaded a few May night salvia and weeded the bed around the large evergreen in front. I need to add some netting to the raspberries today.

Time for breakfast.
(( Iris ))  (( GSB ))
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #6080 on: June 16, 2023, 10:37:04 AM »

CLynn luv the Rango this AM, the movie was a real LOL btw.  Tks for WildHeart Ranch's lemur so cute. Awwww. Momo, I do miss you so much!  :-* :-* :-*
Tks ofr update on Estonia osprey nests   for  Iirma & Ivo's /   Marko & Miina's nests. Here's to a speedy repair for those cams.  Eleven years,since  it was Madis & Piret. I think I joined about that time.  Many tks for the rewind on their photos.

OG going thru you vids--- I do have that air quality website on desktop. Really cool classical guitar   ;) Claire is always so loving/attentive w/ her kitties; enjoyed new Walter Santi---the netting is genius.

Lisa  M & B, as we all know, will be in good 'hands' w/Jeff.   Pretty flowers this AM. Busy, Busy, busy is the day for you.

TSK busy day for you too. Glad you're getting out.  We're planning on seeing the Beatrix Potter exhibit at the Frist this season. They'll have her original drawings for the  ' The Tale of Peter Rabbit' , etc. 

E4E  do enjoy your lunch  for me LOL   ;)      sounds yummie

KB great Orca (killer whale) photo. Good Ollieman got his walk. I'm sure in time your skies will be back to normal. It can only get better, I say.

Tig
I bet your raspberries are wonderful to eat.  ;D

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6081 on: June 16, 2023, 10:37:55 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6082 on: June 16, 2023, 11:04:39 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6083 on: June 16, 2023, 11:06:48 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

Tig, Having a berry bush or two is what Aly wants in her next yard. YUM!

Kb, love your morning pic... you've been busy this am  ;D

Phyl, Congrats to the two GSB fledgers! It was fun watching both on the video. The one on the left found itself a little hidy hole with leaves. Great flying by the one on the right!! Especially after dad did a food drop for the others.  ;D

Clynn, Did the munchkins have a good time while their parents were gone? Any more pics of their trip? I have such wonderful memories of the Estonia Ospreys and Eagle-Duck's love for them too. I miss him... Some of our favorite nests have been such heartbreakers. But life goes on... :(  ... oh that Keebler!  ;D .... {{{Momo}}}.... prayers for {{{Honey}}}

Lisa, YAY Jeff! How is your mom? Any Miss Fisher Con trips planned?

Tsk, enjoy your time with friends.

Eagles, I wonder what's up with the Hummers? ... Clam chowder! YUM! Have a good time and safe travels!  ;D

The bearcams at Brooks River in Katmai National Park, Alaska is Live right now!! ;D
https://explore.org/livecams/brown-bears/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #6084 on: June 16, 2023, 11:41:13 AM »

Janice Dean, the weather gal, this morning said we might see haze here until winter....rather have your forecast Phyl.

Heading out to cut up tall plastic fencing.....rolls of them to see if I can fit in garbage cans....will need to buy poultry fencing/chicken wire for this winter's rabbit protection instead.
Not looking forward to this job at all!.....LOL

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6085 on: June 16, 2023, 01:53:08 PM »

EAGLES  Enjoy a good homemade lunch  ;D

PHYL  Fledges at GSB - Yay      I too would enjoy the Beatrix Potter originals  :o

OLDGUY  Finally had time to sit and watch Santi.  Loved the drama between the outside "save the netting" crisis to the quiet and warmth inside  LOL
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6086 on: June 16, 2023, 02:06:59 PM »

Great Spirit Bluffs home of Newman, Thomas, Kami, Alice, Jayce and Mama Savanna in heaven as of a few days ago...
Hi everyone!  I have been so sad about Savanna.  She was such a sweet mama and would visit GSP time to time the past couple of years.  I saw that only 2 were in the box this morning and started to cry and then tuned into explore and found some updates, I was so relieved.  "We become very attached to our fur babies".  :-\
In addition to the tag numbers (see below), Thomas has fledged, Kami is currently on the cliff and Alice and Jayce are still in the box.

Alice and Jayce a few minutes ago... ready... set.. go!!!! part 1

Alice and Jayce a few minutes ago... ready... set.. go!!!! part 2

Kami

Kami

Kami

Kami

Newman keeping a close eye on all of them today

Kami

Thomas this morning...

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons Thomas B/59 Fledged https://youtu.be/z6cp3kiApII via lizzy g eaglespirit
Thomas B/59 Fledged  at 9:31 am CT
Original time and slo mo
Congratulations Thomas !!! Mama will be so proud

Here are the band numers
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #6087 on: June 16, 2023, 02:12:27 PM »

Awesome!!! thank you Phyl!!!

Lisa !   Yes. Thomas has fledged into the GSB skies!  There's comment in Chat is that Kami's fledged before Thomas.
At any rate ther's just two left in the box.

Jun 16, 2023 9:51 AM
Camera Time: Jun 16, 2023 9:50 AM CDT

There are awesome vids and snaps  of the 'launch' from The Chat members!
There just too much to copy and paste.  Some beautiful vids of Kami and Thomas in flight.
So those two are out there for Newman to find and train if he hasn't started already.
I think this link will take folks to the Disqus page for GSB.
https://www.explore.org/livecams/disqus/raptor-resource-project/peregrine-falcon-cam
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #6088 on: June 16, 2023, 02:22:24 PM »

Love & miss ya Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, E4E, KB, Bazi, pink, Blschue, T40, Lilbro, BrokenLug,  Nora, Jaspurr, Phyliz, EBURG, Karen, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee,  MpMom, Godiva, Ginger, Oma, Weasel, Maxie, Lindy, Nanimal, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, Ruby, Paulie, F22Raptor, the Cheers group & ALL of you special eagle lovers!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6089 on: June 16, 2023, 02:31:10 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

Oldguy, thanks for the air quality link. Glad your AQ has improved. I've had Red Air Quality the last few days in my town, due to wildfire smoke - but not from Canada's fires - from a wildfire the next county over, and I'm downwind of its smoke. My AQ forecast for today was an Orange AQ, but it went red... Right now, right here, my AQ is 169 - Red - Unhealthy.

Lani, Snoopy's having fun!  ;D I love those Katmai bears!  :-*

E4E, way to have an inside connection to a restaurant with some very yummy clam chowder!  :D  New England style (creamy white) clam chowder is my favorite, but I've had some killer good Manhattan Style (red/tomato) clam chowder, too. Enjoy!  :)

Karen, ugh on the vertigo returning. Hope you can get an appt soon for another treatment.

BL, yep, you're right on.  ;)

Lisa, somehow I missed that you're going to ATF again this year. Fun!

Puff, LOL on your crazy fun feeder finch!  ;D

KB and Tig, glad your AQ is a bit improved today. Take whatever precautions are recommended. Exposure is cumulative over time.

Phyl, love your morning pic, and I say, "bwok, bwok; bwok bwok, BWOK!"  ;) ;D  Gotta love the chickens!  :D :-*

Clynn, oh, I just love your pics of Bella and Talon this week! I just can't get over how much Bella has matured recently - seems like almost overnight. They are a joy!  :) :-*  I'm glad Honey feels better.  :-* I don't recall what her ear med was for... maybe to prevent ear infection? I could eat mac and cheese any time of day. Love it for breakfast!  I only eat it as a real treat these days, but I used to make cold mac and cheese salad with leftovers sometimes.  ;)

TSK, glad it was a nice outing to the zoo with the kids!  It must be "zoo week" - LOL - my Lil Sis and a friend went to my state zoo Wednesday.  The US Open Tennis Tournament is the 4th and last major of the year - it will be Aug. 28 - Sept. 10 this year. Wimbledon is the next (3rd) major tennis tournament this year - always over our 4th of July holiday - and it will be held from July 3 - July 16 this year.

Lori, thank you for the additional GSB cam pics, video clips, and info.  :) Successful fledges there are extra joyful this year, in light of recent sad events.  Did Destini hide after her Spa Day?  ;)  I hope it went well.  :) :-*

Triplet Sand Cat kittens were born at the NC Zoo on May 11. They are sooo sweet!  :-* :-* :-* They are now sometimes out where they can be seen with their mom now. My Lil Sis and a friend went to the NC Zoo 2 days ago and they got to see Momma Sand Cat with her 3 new kittens!!  I will attach a picture she took and sent me. She also sent 2 short videos showing them nursing and being licked up nice and clean by their mom, but I can't link those videos here. Sand Cats are native to desert areas of North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, and Asia, and they are the only cat that lives exclusively in the desert. Very interesting info on this feline species is included in this short article, dated June 2, 2023, about this particular Sand Cat Family, and about their species in general... some very interesting cool facts I never knew about them, such as they are the smallest feline species, and mor, more, more:
https://www.nczoo.org/news/sand-cat-triplets-born-zoo - "Sand Cat Triplets Born at the Zoo"

You can click to enlarge these few pics my Lil Sis took this past Wednesday at the NC Zoo. I asked her to give the Roadrunner a "meep meep!" from me... LOL... I've never seen it sitting down before! - but her picture of it looks like she caught that lazy Roadrunner sitting down!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center