Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 484403 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6405 on: June 26, 2023, 07:34:26 AM »

Hi Everyone

67 heading to 74  - muggy/humid and mostly cloudy  Chance of rain later today

TIG   Pool should help that knee today.  Hope it is warm enough. :-\

PHYL   Cute AM bunnies  :)  I hate ticks  :P

CLYNN   It was hard to tell about the hosta - It was the one in the front row almost center and to the left of the kitty.  It looked yellow - maybe the sunlight?  The curly might be it.   Enjoyed the "perspective piece"  so true.

Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6406 on: June 26, 2023, 09:30:12 AM »

We had early morning drizzle - later 64 deg.

Clynn - Love your pretty plants & beautiful yard!

Baz - No tool belt for me yet Lol!! But I did lend a hand to hubby yesterday when he needed it!  Love the pics of your sis' family at the water falls! 8) Great pic of your LilSis with the twins having yogurt Yumm!  Looks like a lot of fun was had by all! ;D

Kb - Have a nice morning walk if you & Ollie head out  :)

Karen - How are the little finches doing? :)

Lori - Nice anniversary post for Lilbro & Jani!

Tig - Hope your knee is a lil better.

LisaG - That is wonderful that Brutus got adopted by a really nice family. :)  This is the perfect time for families to adopt, as folks are on summer breaks / vacations and have more time to spend with the kitten! ;D ;D   Wow, only 4 are left!

Phyl - Love seeing DH2 on the infamous 'Y' branch! :-*

Lani - Have a nice week - I think you are still working on things out in the yard.  Hope the family are all doing well. :)

Tsk - Hope more rain comes your way!

Puff - Hope you had a good weekend. I know preparing for the ATF is keeping you busy  ;D

Beakers have a nice day

I have a check up with my skin doctor this morning, then off to the grocery store and one of things on the list is ice cream! Lol :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6407 on: June 26, 2023, 10:03:25 AM »

some bounce

Clynn... I don't want to harpy eagle on it  :D ... but.. no... Camper and his son watched the movie, I did not.

E4E... good luck at doc. My knee is about the same.

TSK... supposedly they got the part on Friday, but it is not working properly yet. The pool was still 78 degrees. It was not as bad as I feared tho' and the hot tub felt good after, and then my warm shower.

Still misty, cool and cloudy today. Yay!

TTFN

Fly DH2  fly!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #6408 on: June 26, 2023, 10:08:22 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

((tig))

Lani - Fingers crossed that Aly gets her furniture. 

Phyl - Love the morning bunny pic.  Thanks for the prayers for Misty, and the remaining kitties.
Thanks for cam pics, and info on the ticks.

clynn - My updates from jaspurr have been wonderful to hear.  I got one this morning, saying the kitties were up all night, so she needed to see what the tornado damage was that had went thru her house.  ;D

tsk - We have an alert day.  They are saying possibly severe weather this evening. 

E4E - Yep, 4 left and pray they get adopted.  Good luck at skin doc, and enjoy your day.

karengramke

« Reply #6409 on: June 26, 2023, 12:46:57 PM »

Ahh, Piper is a night owl and is leading sweet Daisy astray!  Wonder what chaos they caused!
Pt just left!  Now working on balance and he said it is good!  New balance stuff Wednesday!  I still need work on muscle strength!

Do not know about the finch babies!  I have not seen a fledge and do not see any feeding!  There might be one left but in the back and small!  Two of them appeared large and I think they have flown the coop!

Lisa, I hope the remaining Kitties find perfect homes!  Lizzie is such a sweet little thing and needs a special place . I do not know about the personalities of the others!  Prayers for them!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6410 on: June 26, 2023, 12:58:51 PM »

TIG  Nice big dose of heat.  Does it improve your knee for awhile?  I suppose you've done the icing thing but again only temporary improvements if any  :-\

KAREN  Nice to hear the improvements with the balance.  Let me know how you do with the harder ones. Lots of ways to get creative with balance routines so you don't even know you are doing them   :)
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6411 on: June 26, 2023, 01:15:39 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6412 on: June 26, 2023, 02:01:01 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!   :D

Tig, LOL, no horror movie for you last night!  ;)  Happy Belated Birthday to Camper's Son!  Glad you got some pool time in, and a nice soak in the hot tub after. My pond's water temp is 78. Swampy doesn't care.  ;) ;D

TSK, I'm a verbena lover.  It comes in so many pretty colors, too! I no longer plant it - it doesn't like me.  ;) Or was the verbena in Clynn's beds?  I've lost track now, but your pictures and names were great, taken in the sun, or not. Sweet Lulu!! Surveying The Realm and Her Subjects  :-*

Clynn, interesting Curly Fries Hosta, and the Praying Hands Hosta - pretty. All your plants look so nice. I may have mixed up who's garden beds the verbena is in... so pretty.

Phyl, DH2 is looking sooo good and happy and healthy.  :) :-*  Talons crossed for the soon-to-fledge juvie there, and for the coming Eagle College days around the Hatchery, the Y, the stream, the overflow pond, the cliffs, and more!  Stay safe, DH2, fly high, and learn all you can from your parents - the bigger world and greater adventures await your discovery.  :-* :-*

Puff, are you already in Decorah?  Safe travels, and have fun!  :)

Lisa, thanks for the fun updates on the kitties so far.  I hope you are finally getting very good nights of sleep again. I forgot which days you will be "on the road."  Have fun at ATF! Safe travels to you, too!  :)

Lori, I'm still thinking about the luscious poppy seed style cake you posted! Mmmm!

E4E, forget the tool belt. LOL, just pop a "cool one," LOL, sit back nearby, and hand Kris the right screwdriver just when he needs it.  :D I say, just chilling, and hanging out "on site with the crew" is always fun.  ;) ;D

Lani, I hope Mike's back from Gila, and had a good trip. Has your hired helper already done the firewise work at your place?

Oldguy, I hope your weekend had as much relaxing time as work time.  :)

Karen, maybe you will see the little Finch fledglings chasing after "Mom and Dad, mouths open, and chirping up a storm.  ;) :-*  Glad your balance is good and getting better, and hope you can do more strengthening work, too. Good work on the PT!  :)

Stay cool, and have a wonderful afternoon, Beakers!  :)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 02:05:13 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6413 on: June 26, 2023, 02:12:27 PM »

P.S. TSK, I just remembered your first post-op PT session is this evening. I think. Yay! I hope it goes well, and you get some of your questions answered, too.  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #6414 on: June 26, 2023, 02:21:13 PM »

A cute Marten in Montana!

Eagles4 - tomorrow am is my Ollie walk day..

Whew: I mowed, weed whipped, and blew both the front and the back yards....if you recall it had been 2 weeks since last mow due to the heat and drought....I swear that backyard hill is getting steeper ;) ;)
Hmm, lots of branches to pick up and poo of course...must have been more wind than I thought with our rain.

Even though it was only 73 at the time, my head is sopping wet....I don't get it!....still damp after an hour.
Now close to 80 with another warm up this week..

Have a list for tomorrow outside too...catch up time after no work with the heat.....

Lisa - love the updates on the kitties with Jaspurr....hope she gets a nap in today... :)

Lani - I sure do hope Aly's furniture can be tracked down quickly...

LisaG1967

« Reply #6415 on: June 26, 2023, 02:28:56 PM »

kb - You have been busy today.  I hope jaspurr is getting a nap, too!

baz - Waving to ya!

tsk - Did you get rain yet? 

karen - I have not heard back from jaspurr since this morning.  She might be taking an afternoon nap, since those rowdy girls kept her up.  Thanks for the kind words about the kitties.  Lizzie had always seemed like a quiet one to me...a lil shy maybe?  Angus, Midnight and Raven are very playful.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6416 on: June 26, 2023, 03:17:18 PM »

Another one adopted just a lil bit ago....Midnight...one of the lil black ones! YAY!!!!

karengramke

« Reply #6417 on: June 26, 2023, 03:33:39 PM »

Yea!  Midnight needs a buddy!  Lol

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6418 on: June 26, 2023, 04:53:30 PM »

Another one adopted just a lil bit ago....Midnight...one of the lil black ones! YAY!!!!

YAY!  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6419 on: June 26, 2023, 04:59:50 PM »

Atlantic Puffin Burrow Cam - a nice close up of Duryea!  :-*

Royal Albatross -

6/24 7:56
Wingercizing into the weekend with Manaaki and Upper Quarry chick.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1672414910100430850

Manaaki Weighing In At Over 24 Pounds!
https://youtube.com/watch?v=gl9hI0DRh4w

Manaaki Guzzles Down a Meal From Mum
https://youtube.com/watch?v=JPxLGrIV_e4

Incredible Close-ups of Manaaki
https://youtube.com/watch?v=WJH2kxasvvw
Enjoy!

Good afternoon Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

Lisa, prayers for Misty and the other three kittens.

Kb, awww cute Marten  ;D.... You've been busy today! I hope you're resting and taking it easy during the hot time of the day... aly hasn't heard from the movers.  :(

Tsk, I hope your post op pt goes well.  :)

Baz, hired help didn't show up today.  :( .. Mike will be home this week. And leaves for Ohio on the 4th for the week.... nice posts  :)

{{{Karen}}} one day at a time,  you're doing great!  :-*

{{{Tig}}}

Eagles, I spend the early morning hours watering and I was preparing for the landscape crew to help today. But no show.... I hope your dr appt went well... enjoy the ice cream!  ;D

Clynn, Aly has not heard from the moving company today.

Phyl, thanks for tick info... great to see two of the GSBs on the nest box, prayers for the other two siblings.... DH2 still hanging out on the Y on this windy day in Decorah!  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander